Extreme Fanboys

Friendly Competition

"That was a great show today!" Suho exclaimed in the car, sitting next to Baekhyun. "I had a lot of fun."

"Yeah, me too hyung," Baekhyun replied, with a polite smile on his face.

Suho had his phone in hand, scrolling through all the gifs and pictures that fans had already posted from the broadcast. "Look, Baek!" Suho shoved the phone close to Baekhyun's face, pointing out a gifset from their little rap on the show. "Fans are calling us Rapbyun and Rapmyeon," he said with an almost too excited smile plastered on his face. "Maybe we should form a sub unit!" Suho found himself laughing at his own joke. Baekhyun may have been imagining it, but he's pretty sure he saw the driver roll his eyes.

"I don't think so, hyung," Baekhyun responded, smiling at the thought of promoting as rappers with EXO's leader - EXO's sweet, calm, not in any way a rapper leader. "Maybe next time though," he said with a grin, entertaining Suho's imagination.

The two giggled over the thought for another moment, settling down into a comfortable conversation as per usual. This time though, Baekhyun felt something twisting in the pit of stomach. It wasn't anything too terribly noticeable - at least, not notieable enough for Suho to pick up on Baekhyun's uneasiness. Baekhyun had been pushing the thought into the back of his mind ever since the end of Inkigayo, but now, sitting in the car riding home, he could feel it trying to claw its way out. Whatever Suho was saying sounded like a mesh of noise, nothing sounding coherent as far as Baekhyun was concerned. Luckily, Baekhyun was pretty talented when it came to selective hearing, so he used his skill to his advantage, strategically placing words and phrases here and there to make Suho think he was listening.

Pulling up to the SM Dorms, the driver unlocked the doors to allow Baekhyun and Suho to exit the van, the former following the latter. With Baekhyun behind, Suho couldn't possibly see the younger biting his lip nervously or aimlessly fidgeting with the hem of his jacket.

"We're home!" Suho announced, unlocking the door to their dorm. After placing their shoes into the shoe rack and stepping into the living area, Tao rushed up to hug Suho, excited words spilling from his mouth.

"Hyung! You were so cool on Inkigayo today!" he exclaimed happily.

"Thanks, Tao yah, I'm happy you were watching!" Suho smiled back.

Baekhyun remained quiet during the little Sutao moment, but to be fair, most of the EXO members did in situations like these. No one ever knew how to react in Sutao moments because they weren't quite sure if they really understood them (or if they wanted to.) Baekhyun decided to take his leave to the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. To be honest, he didn't really care where he was in the dorm, just as long as he could be as far away as possible from a certain someone.

"Hey Baekhyun hyung," Kyungsoo greeted as he entered the kitchen too.

"Oh, hey Kyungsoo..." Baekhyun returned the greeting but somewhat nervously. He just smiled and drank his bottle of water even though he wasn't thirsty anymore. Kyungsoo began taking out ingredients and pots, moving past Baekhyun whenever he needed something.

Beginning to get annoyed with dead weight in his kitchen, Kyungsoo spoke, "Hey hyung... Do you mind?"

"Oh, sorry, I'll go," Baekhyun shuffled out of the kitchen and went to knock on Sehun's door.

"Hey Sehun ah!" Baekhyun called. "Open up!"

Sehun cracked open the door, revealing only a portion of his () face. "What's up, Baekhyung?"

"Hey wanna go - " Baekhyun was cut off by another voice inside the room.

"Sehun ah!"

"Is that Luhan hyung? Aish nevermind," Baekhyun sighed and left, not wanting to interrupt whatever was going on in there. He desperately tried to think of something else to do, but most of the members weren't even home as they were out shoppping or something. Or were they sleeping? Baekhyun didn't really know, but all that really mattered is that they weren't available to hang out with - kill time with, whatever.

"Ah, Kris hyung!" Baekhyun thought, a lightbulb going off above his head. He knocked on the door three times. "Kris hyung, wanna -" Again, he was cut off.

"No."

"Aish, fine," Baekhyun scowled. 

With no other options, Baekhyun took a deep breath, holding the air in his lungs as he approached his own door. Turning the door knob carefully, as if it was going to explode, Baekhyun cautiously entered the room. Upon entrance, he saw a floof of hair poking up behind the back of his office chair, a tall and lanky figure spinning around perfectly on cue.

"Hi, Baek," he said with a hint of evil lacing his voice.

"Park Chanyeol..." Baekhyun spoke through gritted teeth, fingers curling into fists, tightly gripped.

Chanyeol smirked, much to Baekhyun's discontent. "I. Won." he said, enunciating each word more than Baekhyun would have liked. Baekhyun swished his head to the side, everything about his body tense - his eyes shut, teeth gritted, fists clenched, shoulders tensed - everything.

"No..."

"I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON!" Chanyeol screamed, jumping from his chair, pointing at Baekhyun with his long index finger.

"Ahhhh!!" Baekhyun screamed into his palms. How could this happen?

"2NE1 beat SNSD! DARA NOONA FIGHTING!!" 

"No, no no no no nooo!" Baekhyun cried. There was no use fighting it though as he himself had given the award to Dara on national television.

"HAHAHAHAHA," Chanyeol's booming laughter filled the room, plaguing Baekhyun's ears. One would think with all the screaming that one of the other members (probably Suho) would have knocked on the door to see if anything was wrong, but this type of thing so often occurred between the two roommates that everyone stopped caring after awhile. Suddenly, Chanyeol's eyes glared down at Baekhyun, with a mischevious glint shining all too brightly. "You know what that means, Baekhyunnie~" he teased.

Baekhyun's shoulders slumped. There was nothing to be done now.

The two filed out of the room, Chanyeol wielding his phone as a camcorder. "Oh the fandom is gonna love this," he whispered into Baekhyun's ear before Baekhyun climbed up on the coffee table in front of all the members (who were suddenly all home.) Baekhyun's face burned red as everyone but Chanyeol stared at him curiously. Of course, Suho spoke up, "Baekhyun ah! You shouldn't stand on that, you're going to - "

Baekhyun yelled at the top of his lungs before letting Suho finish (what else is new?) "2NE1 IS THE BEST, ES!" and with that, Chanyeol started blasting 2NE1's "I Am The Best" for Baekhyun to start dancing to.

"Park Chanyeol, I am going to get you back for this...." were Baekyhun's last words before shamefully upholding his end of the bet. "Mianhae Taeyeon noona T_T"