iGNORE THIS DANG IT

ignore this pls

Early morning yesterday it finally occurred to me, just like a puzzle where I had placed every single piece.

 

He laid on the couch, staring at the ceiling, his eyes scanning over every crack and detail that became so interesting in the time span of five minutes, and his hands laid still on his stomach. Thoughts ran throughout his mind, all of them about his significant lover and best friend, Kita. A handful of those thoughts were of how he was going to break it to him that they were better off not being together.

 

He hadn't even thought long about it before he had gotten a call from Kita, and he felt a lump in his throat start to form. If he ignored the call, Kita would keep calling; if he answered, he would have to dump him then and there. He felt frustrated. He had spent four years with Kita as his lover, and he had long forgotten how long they had been friends. He let out a small sigh, before answering the phone call.

 

Somehow I knew that from the deepest reaches of my heart, the hardest choice would be the choice that tears us both apart.

“Ryuu, why did it take you so long to pick up? Are you busy?” Kita asked, and Ryuu let out another sigh.
“Kita, I need to tell you something,” Ryuu responded, the tone of his voice serious and nervous. It felt shaky, and he was walking back and forth in his living room.
“Ah, go ahead! I'll be quiet,” Kita spoke, his side of the call going silent. Ryuu coughed uncomfortably before beginning.
“Kita, we've been together for four years and... and I'm beginning to think we're better off being separate people. I love you, I do, but I don't think this is going to work out,” Ryuu murmured, his words becoming softer and softer as he continued. “We are two different people, and we both need new experiences. You deserve someone that... isn't me. I'm sorry,” he quickly apologized. The only thing he heard was sniffling on Kita's end before he was hung up on.

Here in the world of ours that's slowly falling around us, we're trying to move on, but it's the best we can do.

Two weeks had passed, and Kita was still heartbroken. He had gathered all the things that belonged to Ryuu or reminded him of Ryuu and put them into a box, and stuffed it under his bed. He felt lonely, overwhelmed, and hurt. So many things had been going wrong for him, and then he lost the only person he could turn to? Why had it become like this?

He pulled out the box of memories and put it onto his bed, sitting himself down next to it. His fingers glided across photographs and letters Ryuu had written to him, and his vision began to turn into a blur as tears formed in his eyes. He couldn't continue to bottle up his feelings, and the tears began to stream down his face. He sobbed in silence over the box that had physically and emotionally hurt him to look at.

So was it fate that brought us together, only to remind us that love's not forever? I said, 'You know, that's how it goes,' 'That's just the way life is.' So no regrets, baby don't fret, you know I hate to see you cry.

Kita's phone went off to the one ringtone that was so familiar to his ears, and he quickly grabbed at it, and looked at the screen, his body trembling. The name of the phone said Ryuu, and he gathered himself and wiped his nose with his sleeve, and he answered. “H-Hello?”

“Ah, Kita. I wasn't expecting you to pick up,” Ryuu proclaimed, a bit surprised.
“Why wouldn't I answer?” Kita questioned Ryuu, sniffling.
“Well because, you know, what happened,” Ryuu answered, and Kita felt tears forming again, but he forced them back.
“It's okay, it stopped bothering me. What did you need?” Kita lied.

No sense in picking up fallen petals up from off the ground, this flower's past its bloom, and you know we can both assume our time is gone, let's move along.

“I wanted to see how you're doing. Just because we aren't together doesn't mean I want to lose your friendship,” Ryuu laughed. “You were my best friend, remember? Or... do you not want to talk anymore?”
“I'm fine with being friends, why wouldn't I be?” Kita encouraged the idea, but on the inside he felt his heart being ripped into half again.

It was never meant to be.

Another month passed, and the Ryuu had moved on and forgotten the break up, but every once in a while it would haunt his memories. He had began to over think his decision, and at times, would break down in the middle of the night about what he had done. Their friendship was never the same, and Kita had distanced himself from him. Ryuu's feelings had become mixed, and at times, he was overwhelmed and frustrated.

I will always love you and think about you.

Ryuu sat on his couch and looked at his phone, going through pictures of Kita and himself. All old pictures, he felt aware – he felt the bitter-sweetness of the brief and fading moments of the transcendent beauty each picture had filled his thoughts with. Without realizing it, he smiled as he went through further and further into the pictures, and soon tears streamed down his face. “What did I do?” he whispered to himself, dropping his phone onto the floor, and he placed his face into his hands, and soon fell asleep.

Kita gazed out his window from his desk, and his thoughts were blank until his eyes and focused on the box of memories that had been moved to the corner of the room where it sat and gathered dust. His thoughts were suddenly flooded with memories, and when his eyes moved back out the window, he felt as if someone had began to stab his heart. He sniffled, and wiped away the few tears that escaped, and shook his head. What was the point in crying if the person you love, doesn't love you anymore?

 

Goodbye my love, it's done sweetheart. Sayonara, it's the end. It is time to depart and we will never look back, my friend.

 

Minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day, week after week passed and the two has drifted apart, but never forgot each other or forgot their emotions they had buried deep deep away inside of themselves. Ryuu had moved half an hour away from where he had originally been, and Kita stayed in the same home he had been in forever. Kita's heartache had became just this numb feeling he would have once in a blue moon, and Ryuu would think about Kita every so often.

It is time to depart, but you will always be my best friend. Baby it's over for us now, just be friends.

“You need to find yourself a girlfriend, Ryuu. Quit being such a prude,” a blonde haired girl laughed, nudging Ryuu's arm.
“Ah, I'm not into that. Honestly, I've got feelings for someone far away,” Ryuu retorted, and grinned at her. “I'm not into girls, Ayame.”
“What? Seriously? You don't seem that type - - Who's that guy over there, he's kind of cute!” Ayame informed him, pointing at a male, who seemed familiar until he turned around.

 

“If I could make a wish upon a fallen star, if it came true, I'd stay with you, always forever you and I together.”

 

“Wait here,” Ryuu spoke quickly, walking over to the familiar male. The person's eyes widened as Ryuu walked closer and closer.

“Ah Ryuu, it's been a while, is that your girlfriend -” he had been cut off by Ryuu embracing him, breaking into quiet tears.
“I'm sorry for doing what I did to you so long ago. It has been on my mind since that day, and I'm so sorry for trying to stay friends with you when I know it was hurting you,” Ryuu stammered, trying to calm himself as he hugged Kita.
“It's okay, Ryuu,” Kita comforted him, patting him on the back, hugging back. “You never answered my question. Is that your girlfriend?”
“I could never move on, Kita,” Ryuu revealed, and Kita laughed.
“Ryuu it's okay, quit crying. I missed you,” Kita whispered.

“Kita I'm so sorry, I could never find someone who compared to you, no one ever made me feel the same way you made and make me feel. I love you, I do, I'm sorry,” Ryuu continued.
“Ryuu, I'm being serious, quit crying. I forgive you. I love you too, it hurt me that you did that, and I didn't know what happened, but it's okay. It's okay. It'll be okay, my love,” Kita interrupted softly. “Look at me.”

 

Ryuu took a step back and looked at Kita, tears streaming down his cheeks, his nose red, and he was breathing heavily. Kita chuckled lightly, wiping Ryuu's tears off his face, going onto his tip toes, and kissing Ryuu's forehead. “I told you it's okay. I've been waiting for you to come back. I didn't know if you were going to or not, and I was close to giving up, but I'm glad I didn't.”

“R-Really?”

“Yes, stupid. We're best friends and lovers forever, you made me that promise long ago.”

“I love you so much, Kita. I'm so sorry.”

“I love you too.”