I.

My Dear Sister

[Jung Sooyeon's POV]:

 

"I always see you,

no reason to hide, my dear,

I will get you,

tick tock, tick tock, time is running out."

 

I dropped the light pink colored letter on my bedside table. I have received a letter same as this, except the others were cream colored, for the 3rd time this week. I don't want to read them, but curiousity gets the best of me everytime. Whenever I read those letters the hair at the back of my neck and arms never fail to stand up on their own and the temperature of the room always turns cold. I have been receiving these letters ever since I was young. When I was a child and there was mail at our mailbox, I was always the one who gets them and gives them to my parents. Whenever I look through the mail, I always see one letter addressed to me and me only. They would always contain riddles and other things I couldn't understand. There was no sender address or stamp either. At the end of every letter it always says that I shouldn't show the letter to anyone else. So I didn't. It said it would break the "rule" if I do. Whatever rule that is.

I shivered. Yes, I'm scared. But I ignore it. If someone was trying to get me, they should have gotten me already since they know where I live and I live alone. But they didn't, and I hope they won't. I sighed and looked outside my bedroom window. I saw raindrops on the glass and heard the loud pitter patter of rain outside. 

I then got the letter and reached for a medium sized wooden box underneath my bed. I would always put the letters in this wooden box, since whenever I would throw the letters away it would always end up on top of my bed after.

Yes, it scares the hell out of me and makes me just want to consult a priest and flood holy water in my house. But I got used to this. I ignore them, but it still haunts me. I don't know if this is a prank or what, but if it is I would certainly love to punch the one behind this.

When I opened the box, I was a little surprised at how many letters I have received already. The wooden box was almost full and it's the same size of a shoe box, and the letters are as thin as pieces of money. This are all the letters I have received when I was still young. I do plan on burning them, but something inside me kicks me not to do so.

After I put the letter inside the box, I returned the box underneath my bed and started getting ready for bed. I stood up and proceeded to the bathroom to take a shower. My tired body relaxed under the warm droplets of water on my skin. A warm shower at the end of a tiring day is the best. As I finished, I brushed my teeth and slipped on my pajamas.

As I lay down on my bed waiting for sleep to take over me, I felt odd. I don't know why, but I feel scared and nervous like something bad is going to happen. Is it because I received another one of these letters? No, no. It can't be that. I'm used to getting these letters so I shouldn't be scared of it. As I shook of the though and closed my eyes, I felt a sudden vibration under my pillow. I put my hand under he pillow and fished out my phone which was ringing. I looked at the caller I.D. and it says Soojung, my little sister. She usually goes by the name Krystal, but I stick to her birth name. I slid my thumb across the screen of my phone to answer the call and put the gadget on my ear.

"Soojungie?" I called.

I felt a pang on my chest. I felt so afraid, like Soojung was a threat to me. I didn't know why I was so nervous when she was calling. I shook my head as I shook the thought away.

"Unnie! Don't call me that!" She squealed over the phone. I could just imagine Soojung stomping her feet and having an adorable pout on her face.

"Arraso, arraso, Why are you calling?" I asked.

"Mind if I come over?" She asked me. I heard loud music and people chatting in the background, so I guess she must be in the club or something.

"Sure, you're welcome anytime!" I faked a laugh. I felt so afraid.

"Neh~ I'll be there soon." She hummed and then hanged up the phone.

I sighed and put my phone back under the pillow. I ignored the fear growing inside my chest. I stood up from the bed and went to the guest room to get it clean for Soojung. As I was walking on the hallway, I felt someone watching me. I feel it everytime, but this one feels different. I walked a little faster until I reached the guest room.

When I entered the room, I was surprised at what I saw on top of the bed.

It was a letter.

I walked towards the bed myself full with fear and nervousness. As I was in front of the bed, I slowly got the letter with shaking hands. The room got cold immediatly after I touched the letter. I was so afraid a tear fell from my eye and rolled down my cheek. No, I shouldn't cry. I have to stay brave. As other people say, ghosts feed on your fear.

As I got the letter, I opened it. I was stunned to see it empty. It was just a plain piece of paper. As I looked at the envelope again, I saw another piece of paper and opened it.

 

"If you want to know,

write to me.

I won't give you answers,

that easily."

 

I put the letter back inside the envelope quickly. I felt so afraid. I tried shaking off my fear, but I couldn't take it anymore. I cried my fear out and sat at the edge of the bed on the floor holding the letter as I sobbed quietly. I sobbed until my eyes were red and puffy and my vision as getting blurry. As I looked in front of me, I saw a black figure. It formed a shape of a human, but I didn't bother know what it was since I fell alseep.

 

 

 

[A/N]: 

How was the first chapter? I hope you enjoyed it! Feel free to comment and don't forget to subscribe! ♥

I might update every other day depending on how busy I am.