the discovery ;

☆Superhero

(A/N: Sorry! For anyone that was reading, I'm sorry I haven't updated in, like, forever. ): I hope I haven't lost any readers. Please enjoy this chapter!)


``

“Hey, Jaejoong-sshi! Can I borrow your stapler for a second?”
 
“Coming, coming! And will you drop the formalities? There’s only a two year difference between us! Yeonhee-ah, why can’t we be comfortable together?”
 
“Jaejoong-sshi, no, we can’t. Do you realize how disturbing that sounds?”
 
Jaejoong let out a deep sigh and reached over to place the stapler on Yeonhee’s desk. The two were desk buddies ever since they started working at Seoul Inc. That was two years ago. Somehow, Jaejoong has managed to keep a massive secret from the discriminating eyes of his desk buddy, Yeonhee, for this unreasonably long period of time. That was the story, it always was, until today.

As Jaejoong bent, Yeonhee flashed one of her killer dirty looks at him, causing excessive perspiration on Jaejoong’s part. (Oh, crap. Did she catch on?)
 
If you guessed “yes”, then you are correct! During the stare-down session between Jaejoong and Yeonhee, the latter broke off her intense stare to blink the dryness away from the contacts she wore. Suddenly, everything was brighter, a bit more clear than before. Then, she saw it.

“Jaejoong-sshi, what is that?”
 
“W-what are you talking about?” One thing Jaejoong couldn’t do was lie. He was terrible at it, and he always did what the professionals (such as the narrator) tell him not to. He blinked a lot, looked exceptionally guilty, sweated dark spots, and stuttered.
 
“That, underneath your shirt! Why are you wearing red spandex?” Yeonhee had caught on. It was quite obvious Jaejoong could not keep this charade up for much longer. He has already lost the game they were playing. (A/N: If you know what game I’m making reference to, then you have also lost. –Insert evil cackle-)
 
Before Jaejoong could come up with an idiotic reply, the radio had mysteriously by itself and the radio host was speaking frantically.
 
“On interstate 54, there has been a crash! A yellow school bus on its way to the museum is hanging over the bridge, and by the reports coming in, the bus looks like it’s about to go over the edge any minute now! Stay tuned for more action!”
 
“Y-Yeonhee-ah… I have to… go. Now. I’ll be right back. Thirty minutes, tops!”
 
Jaejoong fled the battle he was about to lose and ran out the main doors of the office they worked in. He was stuttering, which means he definitely had something he needed to keep a secret. Yeonhee’s curiosity took over, and she quickly ran after him. She exited the building and ran around, but he was nowhere in sight! (He must be somewhere!) Yeonhee thought. She turned to the left and walked at a quick pace until she stumbled upon a misfitting alley. It was the middle of a busy city! Why would there be an alley here? There was a chiselled figure hidden deep in the depths of the winding road leading to nowhere. (It has to be Jaejoong. What other idiot would come in this kind of place to hide?)
 
The character was approaching the exit of the alley confidently, clumsily fumbling with his buttons as he attempted to take off his shirt. (Superman?) Yeonhee wondered. (But this is…Jaejoong!) Yeonhee was pressed up against the wall so Jaejoong wouldn’t see her as he walked out of the dark place he was changing in. His shirt flew off in a white flurry and revealed a bright, red, spandex suit.
 
(No way! A superhero?! But Jaejoong isn’t super at all!) That was a bit mean, but really, apart from the dashingly good looks that plagued his face and defined muscles on his body, there really wasn’t anything that was particularly super about him. Yeonhee’s thoughts about Jaejoong changed dramatically. (Okay, so he’s good at keeping secrets but bad at lying? I don’t get it, but we’re going to have a talk about this later. Definitely.)
 
A gust of wind and a big whooshing sound interrupted Yeonhee’s thoughts. There he was, Jaejoong, in the flesh, flying. How is this possible? Maybe Jaejoong’s good looks allow him to defy the laws of gravity. The blur of red zoomed, contrasting the blue sky.
 
He was headed for interstate 54.
 
``
 
I hope it was okay! Please comment and subscribe. I want to know if my story is interesting or not. Oh, and if I don't get at least one comment, I won't update, because I like feeling supported! I'm jealous of other readers with fanbases. They have, like, legions and legions of commentors. I'll love you if you comment!. :D
 
[replies ; )
 
Naeyan ; Thanks for commenting! I hope I haven't made you wait too long! (It's been a month, though.) Please enjoy the fic.
 
xRisingxSunx ; I've never read one like this before, either. I wanted something fresh and new, so I made a fic for myself! Thanks for commenting!
 
withlove ; Thanks for commenting! I'm sorry for making you wait so long. Please enjoy the first chapter!
 
March 28, 2010 ;
8; 29