FINAL

So Long






SO LONG

This story is written in Third POV and and you can imagine the main guy here to be anyone that you wish it to be. 


 

Do you remember how you and I were so young and small?
We were always together, do you remember our friends who were jealous of us?

You held my small hand and protected me, always smiling only at me
Baby, we didn’t know back then, we were too young

 

17 Years Earlier:

Two three years old kids were running around, chasing each other and laughing. They were enjoying the nice day out together and didn’t have a care about anything else other than each other. The other kids envied their friendship, as they would stand up for each other and never leave each other’s side. They both were always joined to the hip. Wherever one went, the other followed.

 

“Sohee-ah, let’s get married when we grow big.” The boy said.

“Chincha! Yaksuke?” the little girl replied, taking her little finger and raising it to the boy.

“Yaksuke, I’ll make you my wife.” The boy said, wrapping his little finger with the girl’s.

“You won’t forget right?” the little girl said, pouting.

“Never. You’ll be my jagiya.” The boy said, kissing her cheek. “Omma, I’m going to make her my wife.”

The two mothers laughed at their innocent children, wondering if they will really end up together.

 

PRESENT:

“Yah! What are you dreaming about? Bell already rang, we have to hurry or else we’ll be late. Let’s go.” The boy said, breaking the girl’s daydreaming.

“I told you to put the alarm but no, you never listen to me. Now we are late cause of you.” Sohee retorted back.

“I told you to come and wake me up early. So it’s your fault not mine.” The boy replied, smirking.

They both dashed off towards their class rooms.

They were twenty years now, still were the best of friends and everybody still envied their friendship. They always fought and argued a lot like married couples but they never fought for long. They always end up making up to each other in the end. Their friendship was one of a kind. They entered just right before their teacher.

“Saved!” the boy cheered and took his seat.

Sohee just shook her head and sat down in her seat. The classes began soon and all the students tried their best to listen to their professor. Some really did listening while most of dozed off in their own world. Though the students sitting in the last bench were goofing around and not paying attention at all.

The time passed slowly and the lunch bell rang. The professor gather his books and went off while the students took their own sweet time to get up. This was completely different from how they were in high school. In high school they all rushed to go out and buy food but in university they all just did everything coolly.

“Is Suzy going to join us again?” the boy asked.

“I’m not sure, wae?” Sohee asked.

“Anni, simply. Come on let’s go.” The boy said, making his way out the door.

Just say that you wanted to talk to her. It’s not that hard…

They went to the cafeteria and got their food. Sohee sat down and was soon joined by others too. The boy was oblivious to her. Then soon Suzy came to their table and she saw him light up and brighten when he looked at Suzy.

Why can’t you look at me like that?

 

 

You came to me, into my heart, as something more than a friend
Next to you, I hid my heart, hiding behind the friend label

 

6 Years Earlier:

“Sohee, did you see her? She’s so pretty, just my type.” The boy said.

“Uh huh.” Sohee said solemnly, trying to hide the pain.

“Come on let’s go talk to her.” The boy said excitedly.

“You go, I will only be a hindrance. Make a good first impression.” Sohee said, walking away.

“Yah! I’ll talk to you later.” The boy said, already making his way to the girl.

Sohee turned around to see and saw that the boy made his way around the crowd to the girl. He approached her shyly and they both started talking. The girl was blushing and you could make out that she likes him too.

Is this how it will always be?

 

PRESENT:
“Sohee, is something the matter? You keep spacing out these days.” Sunmi said, breaking Sohee out from my reminiscing.

“Aniya, just remembering the past.” Sohee replied, shaking her head.

“You still like him don’t you? Give up, Sohee-ah. I can’t keep seeing you like this.” Sunmi said trying to make Sohee understand.

“I’m trying but he being near me all the time doesn’t help my case.” Sohee replied, sighing.

“Do you want a distraction? I can find you somebody, I know the perfect person.” Sunmi said excitedly now.

“Aniya, I’ll only break their heart in the end. It’ll be a big mess. Don’t worry, I’ll be okay.” Sohee said trying to reassure herself more than her friend.

“But… Sohee why don’t you just… I don’t know anymore.” Sunmi said giving up.

“Kwenchana, I’m fine.” Sohee said giving her a big smile but her heart was breaking inside.

“Yah! What are you two whispering about? Are you keeping secrets from me?” the boy said, sitting down next to Sohee and wrapping his arms around her shoulder.

“Not really, I was telling Sohee that there is a boy asking about her. I was asking her if she was interested.” Sunmi said nonchalantly.

“Oh.” The boy said surprised.

“What’s with the response? It’s not like people don’t notice her. You just intimidate most of the boys away from her.” Sunmi said accusingly. “By the way, where is the girlfriend?”

“Oh she was held back by the teacher. She’ll be here soon.” The boy replied, smiling brightly.

“Sohee! What are you doing here? Jay has been looking for you, he’s waiting in the music room.” Xiumin said.

“Oppa! I forgot! Aish, he must be angry now.” Sohee said getting up and gathering her stuff.

”Aniya but he is getting impatient. Come on, I have to practice too.” Xiumin said taking her bag away from her.

“Oppa, I can carry my own stuff.” Sohee said pouting.

“Aniya, what’s big brothers for.” Xiumin said, ruffling her hair.

“Oppa! I told you not to touch my hair and you’re only two minutes older!” Sohee huffed.

The two siblings made their way to the music department, pushing each other and arguing the whole way. Along the way, they were attracting everybody’s attention. They were known by the whole university. The Twins that stole everybody’s heart with their kind and bubbly personalities. Most of them thought them to be of another league and only admired from afar.

 

 

Do you think of those days like I do sometimes? Do you remember
The nice breeze, the warm sunlight that shone on us? Do you remember

We resembled each other so much and you were my precious friend
Baby, that’s what I believed but you came to me and it was so strange

 

2 Years Earlier:

“Happy Birthday!” a group of friends shouted.

“Yah! When did you all prepare this?” Xiumin asked, pulling Sohee along.

“It’s a surprise, you both are not supposed to know. Duh.” Sunmi replied.

Everybody burst out laughing. The party soon took full swing and the whole place reverberated with the loud music and it was jammed pack with so many bodies grooving to the music. In a corner, Sohee stood watching everybody have fun and smiled to herself.

“So, this is where you have been hiding?” the boy said, startling her.

“Yah! Don’t just appear out of nowhere.” Sohee said hitting his arm.

The boy burst out laughing when he sobered he said “Mian, but I didn’t get a chance to wish you yet. Happy 18th Birthday! How do you feel now being an adult?”

“There’s no difference, a year just got added to my age nothing else. I feel nothing.” Sohee replied bored.

“Party-pooper. You are just too stiff, let yourself be free.” The boy said, pulling her towards the dance floor. “Come on Birthday girl!”

Sohee was laughing and soon joined the swaying of bodies. They laughed and danced whole night, having the best time of their lives. Soon their other friends took turn to dance with eachother.

Will you be my forever?

 

PRESENT:

“Sohee! Sohee!” Jay said, shaking her shoulder.

“Oh mian, got distracted.” Sohee replied sheepishly.

“Kwenchan? You look like something is disturbing you. Are you alright?” Jay asked worried.

“Aniya, I’m good just got side-tracked, so is the song okay?” Sohee said changing the topic.

Jay looked at her for sometime and shook his head and played along saying “Yeah, the song is okay, I think we’ll be fine. I just hope that the teacher doesn’t tell us to change.”

“I know what you mean. She seems to be pick on us a lot.” Sohee replied, letting out a loud sigh.

“What’s with the loud sigh?” Xiumin said from behind, startling the two.

“Hey! You done man?” Jay asked him, doing the man-hug.

“Yeah, man. You’re lucky you got my sis. I got some weird girl, who just keeps squealing. My ear hurts!” Xiumin said, exasperated.

 “Serves you right for ditching me!” Sohee said, happily.

“Yah! I didn’t ditch you, I just didn’t want to reject her. You guys done?” Xiumin asked.

Jay couldn’t help but burst out laughing and said in between his laugh “You are just too soft, man.”

“Yeah we are done. We can go back.” Sohee said, already gathering the sheets and books. “See you tomorrow Jay.”

“Yeah sure. Bye dude.” Jay replied.

The twins made their way over the exit and walked away from the building making their way home.

 

You came to me, into my heart, as something more than a friend
Next to you, I hid my heart, hiding behind the friend label

Honestly, I was afraid, I wasn’t used to my trembling heart when I saw you
Actually, I resented you for acting like everything was normal
Why didn’t you know my heart?

 

2 Years Later:

“Yay! Graduation Baby!” Jay shouted.

“Yeah man. We are so done!” the boy joined, holding his girlfriend close to him.

The group of friends made their way towards the auditorium to get to the ceremony. They all sat down according to their names. Soon the ceremony started with the school song and went for an hour or more. Soon it was done, the students all yelled excitedly and ran off from the auditorium.

The group met under the big oak tree and gather around to congratulate each other.

“Man somehow, I’ll miss this place.” Sunmi said.

“Yeah, this is where we all met and this place will forever hold many of our memories.” Sohee said, looking around the campus.

The whole campus was filled with students and their parents. All gathered in clusters, talking animatedly to each other. Some crying and making a big mess of themselves, some laughing and some taking pictures.

“What are plans tonight?” Jay asked.

“I’m having dinner with Suzy along with the parents.” The boy replied.

“Oh man, are you going to get engage soon?” Xiumin teased.

“Who knows.” The boy said seriously.

“Man, I was only teasing. You don’t need to worry about it yet.” Xiumin replied.

“I know but you know I can actually see the two of us in the future. That’s what scaring me, if she’ll stay.” The boy said sadly.

“Man, she will. She loves you as much as you love her.” Jay said encouraging him.

“Yeah, you both will make it through.” Sohee said, trying to cheer the boy, but her heart was breaking all over again.

“You think so? If it’s you then I believe you.” The boy said, hugging Sohee and smiling gleefully.

“Yah! I was saying the same thing! Sometimes I wonder if you two are in a secret relationship or something.” Jay said curiously.

“Aniya, but Sohee is my best friend. Nobody can ever replace her.” The boy said hugging her more tightly.

“Okay, enough with the mushiness. We got plans to get on with. Our parents will be all worried.” Sunmi said breaking the two apart.

The group made their way to their parents after hugging each other one last time and promising to meet the next day for a night out. They all dispersed and got lost in the crowd.

“Sohee-ah, you are okay right?” Xiumin asked, concerned. He knew that his sister had always loved that guy, but he couldn’t do anything for her to get her happy ending.

“Yeah, oppa. You are there with me. All I really need is you. I’ll be fine.” Sohee replied.

Will I really be okay?

 

Feel me, feel me, tell me, tell me, love me, love me (though it’s too late)
Feel me, feel me, tell me, tell me, love me, love me (though it’s too late)

You came to me, into my heart, as something more than a friend
Next to you, I hid my heart, hiding behind the friend label

 

5 Years Later:

There was a large crowd gathered around the church. It was the day of the wedding that everybody has been looking forward to. They were all looking forward to catch a glimpse of the bride. She was one of the well-known singer-turned-actress and the groom was no less. He was a great idol in a famous band. This was the wedding, which had everybody hyped.

Many fan-girls were sad that the singer was getting married but they were happy for them. They had been dating openly for two and half years now. It was rumoured that they have been together since forever but they were not confirmed by anybody.

The fan-boys were no less either, she was what every man dreamed as their wife but sadly she was tying the knot today. The whole entertainment family sent congratulatory words to the couple. They all were happy for them. There were many reporters gathered to witness the ceremony. Sadly the wedding was not allowed to be recorded, for the whole nation to see.

The bride paced the room. She was really very nervous. She was happy to be settling down but her nerves just won’t calm down her bridesmaids and mother were all trying to calm her but it was having no effects. The one who could calm her was not allowed to see her till the ceremony was over. She wanted him here instead.

On the other side the groom was in panic state. He was thinking of the worst possible scenario. His bride leaving him in the aisle and running away with some other man. No words of his friends were having any effect. The one he wanted to see the most was in the other room. He wanted her here to calm him but she was busy.

Soon the ceremony started and it ended without a hitch. The bride looked like a real princess, nobody could miss the glow in her face that she was the happiest girl right now. After the ceremony they attended the public conference and declared themselves as man and wife. The news spread like a wildfire that the bride looked really beautiful and that the groom was not far behind with his handsome looks.

It was the reception time and the crowd gathered in the venue. Soon it was dinner time and speech time. It started with the parents of the bride and groom. It was sweet and sad, making the whole room burst in tears. Then the maid of honour spoke, her speech made the gathering burst in laughter then it was time for the best man, which was a little funny as she was no man.

“Well, Samchon already told so many embarrassing things so I think I should have some mercy after all I’m his best friend. So, I won’t reveal anything embarrassing. We met when we were three. We had always been together since then and nothing could separate us from each other. I think our parents always thought we would end up together. Didn’t you all?” Sohee said, inciting laughter from the said parents.

“Well but I’m glad we didn’t, I can’t really stand him that much. I wonder how Suzy can stand this pig-head. Well you had always been there with Minseok-oppa to protect me and chase any boy who shows interest. I hardly got a chance to experience until we got out of university. I thank god that you were recruited right after and got a chance at last.” Sohee continued, the crowd laughing at her.

“I feel really sad but I’m glad too that I was saved from my heart breaking too many times. I hope that you both have a healthy and long life together. But isn’t best man supposed to be a guy? I always knew you were stupid but seriously people will be thinking I’m some cross-dresser now. I’m not okay, I’m really a girl.” Sohee said, this made the whole room burst out.

“I hope that the life together may be calm and even when you are faced with obstacles, lean on each other and overcome them. Cheers for the bride and groom.” With that Sohee ended the speech and sat down in her seat.

“Well that was an interesting speech. Let’s all make way to the cake now.” The boy said.

They made their way there and saw the newly-wed cut the beautiful three-tiered cake. They fed each other and sat down in their seats. Soon they had their first dance and after a while they went off for their honeymoon.

“How do feel?” Minseok asked Sohee.

“I feel great, like a burden has been lifted off my shoulder.” Sohee said, hugging herself.

Minseok went and hugged her and said “Oppa will always be there for you. No matter what happens I’ll always stand by you. You know that right?”

“Yeah, always and forever.” Sohee said hugging him back.

“Khaja, we should make our way to the airport too or we’ll miss our plane.” Minseok said.

“I’ll miss Korea. After all this is the place that taught me the meaning of true love.” Sohee replied following behind her brother for the new beginning that she always longed for.

 

~THE END~  




Author's Note:

So WHO did thou all imagine it to be??? I would like to thank everybody! for all the love and support. You can imagine any guy you wanted with her. I wasn't too sure which guy to choose cause there were too many so I left it up to your own choice! <3

I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writting it! Did you all like it!

I was actually going to make the guy Sehun from EXO or Mark from GOT7 but I wasn't too sure so here it is. I chose Suzy as the other girl cause I saw that she is like shipped with almost all the idols so, now it can be any guy! Well anyways ARIGATOUGOZAIMASU!

Have a great day ahead!

If you would like to buy the layout you can check it out here.

TO VOTE GO HERE.