Midnight Present

Kaistal Ship is Sailing! [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

MIDNIGHT PRESENT

 

-----

 

“Don’t forget to find a volunteer for your make up experiment next week. And remember that it has to be a man,” the lecturer said to the class as she grabbed her book and left the class, followed by the students behind.

Jessica shoved her make up kit to her purse and walked out of the class. Jessica already had an idea about who should she ask and of course it’s Kwanghee. He’s basically a guy, right? She would just tell him to dress like a man only for two hours and she would give back whatever feminine clothes he’s wearing that day.

“I’m done,” Jessica walked toward Seohyun who’s waiting in front of her class. “Let’s go to Kwanghee first. I need him for my experiment,” just like that, they left the corridor and went straight to Kwanghee’s building.

“MWO????” Jessica widened her eyes in disbelief when Kwanghee told her he couldn’t help her for the test. She couldn’t think of anyone except Kwanghee and now he said he would be in a Europe trip next week. “Mian mian mian. I was going to tell you guys about my vacation plan on lunch,” he clasped both of his hands and asked for mercy from Jessica.

“I’m screwed…” Jessica closed her eyes in despair and think. She didn’t want to ask a stranger to be her volunteer. Besides, which guy who wants his face to be painted as an experiment? But then someone popped into her mind.

“I need to go now. See you in lunch, kkanta!” she quickly ran away leaving Seohyun and Kwanghee behind without letting them know where she was going. Seohyun stayed on her place for seconds before she remembered that she had to be with Jessica. “Sica wait!!!” she tried to catch up but she’s already lost from sight.

Jessica went to IT department building. She really didn’t want to ask Eunhyuk to be honest. He’d been a lifesaver for her, how could she pay it by asking him to be an experiment? But she really couldn’t think of another person. She was about to call Taeyeon to ask Eunhyuk’s number but just like destiny, she bumped into him in the lobby.

“Sica?” he knitted his eyebrow; slightly clueless about her sudden appearance in the building.

“Oppa!” just like meeting a first love, Jessica ran to him with a wide smile on her face.

“Annyeong Sica-ah,” he patted her head and smiled. “What are you doing here?”

“Oppa. I know this is so abrupt and rude but can I ask you a favor?” Jessica showed him a puppy look.

“Of course! What is it?”

“I need a guy to be a volunteer for my make up class next Wednesday… Can you help me?” she said with both her hand clasped. She’s begging for him to just say yes and attend her class for two hours. He was her last choice.

“Next Wednesday? Ah Sica-ah… I wish I could help you but I can’t. I have a meeting for my next project on Tuesday and Wednesday. I’m sorry,” he showed disappointment and apologized politely.

“Oppa pleaseee you are my last choice. It will take only two hours I promise!” she kept on begging but seemed like Eunhyuk really couldn’t help her.

“I’m sorry Jessica, but I really can’t… The meeting will be held all day from morning to evening. We’re near the deadline already. But I think I know someone who can give you a hand. Go to your building’s cafeteria and wait there. Esthetician, right? I’ll tell him to go there. He’s not a bad person you don’t have to be afraid,” his expression changed from being bad as he suddenly smirked at her. Jessica just nodded at him and gave him a goodbye wave before she went back to her building. “Gomawo oppa!”

Jessica sat on a table alone in the cafeteria and nervously waited for the person Eunhyuk suggested. She ordered her favorite strawberry banana smoothies to soothe her uneasy feeling. She really is afraid of stranger and everybody knows it. How could a person as nic as Eunhyuk let her suffer? This person must be someone familiar but she couldn’t come up with a face at that time. She tried to manage herself from shaking by playing with her phone and then someone suddenly approached her and sat down without saying a word. Jessica flinched and when she looked up, her nervous face turned wrathful the moment she saw his nose.

“Yah! What are you doing here?”

“To meet you,” Donghae answered coolly without even looking at her.

“Go away. I have someone to meet!” she curtly asked him to leave.

“Having a blind date?” he mischievously raised one of his eyebrows and .

“Stop saying non-sense. Just go away,” she rolled her eyes and spitted out sarcastically.

“I’m your volunteer. Thank me,” he casually pointed his finger on her and teasingly wiggled his eyebrow.

“Wow wow wow you’re so not going to be my volunteer,” Jessica leaned back and crossed her arms. She sneered as well.

“Okay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter