final

Departure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i miss them so much :'(

 

 

 

“Aish, that idiot.”

 

I sighed again for the umpteenth time that day.

 

I shifted from my seat on the wide ledge of the rooftop, crossing my legs and looking down at the tiny students below rushing out of the gates to go home.

 

There was no doubt that I was going to get in trouble tomorrow since I skipped on 3 classes today.

 

It was very unusual for me to skip, since I don’t usually do it at all. But after hearing about a certain news I wish I never even knew about in the first place, my mind just exploded with different thoughts and my heart just felt like it was about to burst.

 

I just figured the rooftop would help me ease myself. But even up until now, after 3 hours of just calmly staring into the whole city before me, I still can’t find peace within myself.

 

Normally, I wouldn’t care about Taemin’s plans at all. I wouldn’t even bother to know what he’d do with his life, so why am I so affected by everything right now?

 

Why am I so affected with his plans all of a sudden?

 

I breathed inwardly and exhaled along with a loud shout which echoed audibly in the distance.

 

My heart hurts. It’s been hours since it started aching like this.

 

Really, if only I wasn’t ordered by my stupid History teacher to get some book in the teachers’ faculty, I wouldn’t have heard that thing I wasn’t supposed to hear.

 

Oh, I want to laugh so hard at the horror in Taemin’s face when he found out that I was in the faculty as well, clearly heard everything he and our homeroom teacher talked about.

 

I want to laugh, to be honest, but I just can’t find the strength or the purpose to even laugh right now.

 

I just can’t. Why is it so painful?

 

I remember everything as clear as water.

 

Their conversation continues to ring in my ears like some broken record. It’s beginning to annoy me now.

 

 

 

“So in conclusion Mr. Lee, this will be your final week with us in this school?”

 

“Neh.”

 

“Well, good luck with your studies in Japan. I just hate to see such a popular student go.”

 

Taemin chuckled at songsaengnim’s words. “Don’t worry sir, there are still plenty of other students here. I’ll miss this school a lot…”

 

 

 

“ING IDIOT!”

 

I shouted once more in the air and to nobody in particular. Clenching my fists, I bit my lip to try and stop the tears threatening to escape from my eyes. I hate this feeling. I hate this!

 

I just knew I should’ve stopped thinking about him in the first place. I should’ve followed my mind from the very start.

 

Taemin and I, we weren’t a couple, not at all. And we weren’t exactly best friends as well. Our relationship was very complicated, to say the least; we just didn’t know what to call it ourselves.

 

We met for the very first time last year during our junior year, since we were put into the same class for the whole school year. I didn’t have any problems with him at all, he was a classmate full of jokes and charming smiles, a classmate who was loved by many students.

 

I didn’t bother talking to him during that time, since I couldn’t even find a reason to do so. Like I said, there was no problem with him whatsoever, but that was until when he started pestering me one time during homeroom.

 

I was late, and being the clumsy girl I was, I tripped on my own feet when I entered the classroom that morning. Unfortunately for me, my knees fell first before falling face flat against the cold hard floor. Everyone was silent, and all eyes were on me. I remember cursing at myself for forgetting to set my alarm clock the night before.

 

It took me a while to get up again since my knees felt sore and bruised from the fall, and I didn’t know what I looked like with the state I was in since I only focused on the pain in my knees. But I found it quite strange that the class didn’t laugh.

 

They all fell silent instead.

 

I didn’t know anything at all, until I heard someone’s footsteps coming closer to me. I was still face flat on the floor and I squeezed my eyes shut, assuming that the footsteps belonged to my teacher. But the footsteps stopped right behind me, and I finally rose up from my position when I felt a finger poking at my .

 

I looked back in shock to see the person who did such a crime, and when our eyes met for the very first time, he grinned at me like a ing ert he was.

 

“Nice strawberry -ed .”

 

He said, voice echoing all throughout the entire room. Even the teacher gulped in nervousness.

 

Turns out my school skirt rode up to my when I fell.

 

That day, Taemin received my wrath for the very first time. He went home with a huge bruise on his cheek.

 

The next day though, he greeted me with a smile on his face even with the bruise still fresh on his face.

 

And that’s when I met the erted Lee Taemin.

 

He’d pester me everyday and would sneak up behind me only to pull my skirt up and take a peek at my .

 

Of course, he’d receive a slap or two everyday for doing that to me. But even so, he never stopped being a erted , which annoyed me every single day.

 

As time passed, our classmates decided to start shipping the both of us. They say that we looked good together, and they even made a stupid nickname for us.

 

We were known as ‘TAEUN’ they said.

 

But Taemin and I ignored them and just continued on with our lives. Of course, with him still being the erted jerk he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter