Goodbye...

Goodbye...

Minyoung sat on the couch waiting for Taemin to come home. She had heard the rumors. Everyone knew about it. Taemin and Sulli were the new idol couple. She didn't believe it at first, but he wasn't responding to her phone calls or texts. Onew had let her into the dorm and took the other members and left.

 

She hugged her legs and tried to convince herself it was just a misunderstanding. It happened every once in a while. People misunderstood or made things up and made things difficult for celebrities. He was just busy with the dance competition coming up and didn't have time to date right now. But after the competition and concert tour things would quiet down a little.

 

The door clicked and she heard a woman's laugh. She heard Sulli's laugh. She buried her face not wanting to judge things too quickly. Everyone was close with f(x). Who wouldn't be? The girls were super awesome and chill. Minyoung liked Sulli and even considered her a friend.

 

"Minyoung-ah," she heard quietly from Taemin. She didn't look up. Taemin whispered something and she heard the door open and shut again. Minyoung tried to swallow her tears. She tipped towards him as he sat down next to her on the couch.

 

"Minyoung-ah... baby," he said gently tugging on her arm. "Mianhae," he said quietly. He tried to get her to lift her face. He didn't want to hurt her, but things had been crazy lately. "I didn't mean to. I swear."

 

Minyoung looked at him in part anger and part disbelief. "You didn't mean to do what?" she said a little forcefully.

 

"I..." he paused and looked worried. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. It just kind of happened. And we've always been close..."

 

Minyoung was stunned. He could see the pain and disbelief run across her face. "I can't tell you how sorry I am."

 

"But that's it?" she asked quietly, wishing he wouldn't actually answer. She looked down at his hand on her arm. He took it off and moved to face her completely on the couch.

 

"Minyoung-ah, I am just so sorry. I didn't want to hurt you, or anyone."

 

"So that's it. One day you just up and forget about me and I'm just supposed to go with it?"

 

Taemin looked down and his hands. "I really never wanted to hurt you. There's no excuse I can make. I do love you, just not in that way. At least not anymore..."

 

Minyoung felt tears start running down her cheeks. It's really ending like this? she thought to herself confused. "Tae...I...I'll just get my stuff and leave," she said quickly not wanting this to go on further. She quickly stood and grabbed the cup she was drinking from. Stopping in the kitchen she rinsed it out and put it in the drying rack. Returning to the living room she gathered her things. Taemin was still sitting on the couch watching her move around. He looked sad, but she was starting to get angry. How dare you look like the victim, she yelled at him in her head. You don't deserve to be sad. After everything I've done for you. You don't get to be the victim.

 

She stopped before leaving the room and looked back at the man she had loved for the past eight months. Loved, it's already past tense. "I guess I'll be leaving now. Good luck to you...I guess..."

 

Taemin shot up, rushing to her. He cupped her face, wiping her tears with his thumbs. "I'm sorry," he whispered to her. "I'm so sorry," he repeated over and over. Minyoung shut her eyes to block him out and felt new tears start to fall. She felt his lips, his soft, plump lips brush lightly against hers. She couldn't take it. Her heart squeezed and she grabbed his arms. His lips came back more forceful.

 

I'll leave him with everything. She opened , kissing him back with all of her feelings; of love, hate, and everything in between. Over and over their lips kept meeting, pouring the last eight months into one moment. Slowing down, they slowly parted.

 

"Minyoung-ah," Taemin said once again, voice filled with sorrow. "I truly am sorry."

 

"I know," Minyoung responded. She felt everything in the kiss. Nothing else needed to be said anymore. She just had to leave...and never come back. "Taemin-ah?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I truly loved you."

 

"I know."

 

"Goodbye."

 

"Goodbye."

 

Taemin kissed her once more lightly, part of him not wanting to let go but knowing it needed to be done. Minyoung left slowly, reality sinking in and scaring her somewhat. As she exited the gate to the complex she looked back at the building. She didn't feel bad or any regrets. She had left everything that needed to be said in the kiss, and she felt light and ready to move on. It would be hard, but she knew she could do it.

 

"Annyeong," she whispered before walking away, her tears drying up with the sunshine.