Final

Dream Eater
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“And they lived happily ever after.” Haruhi’s mom concluded the fairytale with a soft motherly voice. She closed the book and placed it on top of the night stand beside Haruhi’s bed.

“Mom, aren’t you tired of this every night?” She asked her mom with a lot of concern in her voice. 

“I will never get tired for you. Never will.”  She assured her, giving her a goodnight kiss before she turned the night lamp off. She then left as the door creaked once more.

~

“That’s what I always think of when I’m asked about my mom.” Haruhi smiled at her friend, giving them a comfortable look. But deep inside she didn’t want to talk about her mom.

“Oh my gosh, we didn’t know Haruhi. We’re so sorry.” Her friends asked for forgiveness, giving her a pitiful look. She didn’t want to be pitied because she knew there was no reason for it. Haruhi bit her lip to prevent her from spilling angriness.

“Really, its fine. I moved on. It’s finished.” She forced a smile; masking the darkness deep within. She didn’t want to open up for another conversation about her mom ever again. It’s quite hard to talk about my mom who just passed away years ago, it’s really hard. She thought to herself, shaking her head in disapproval of the conversation.

“Hehehe. It’s getting dark. Maybe we should go.” One of Haruhi’s friends declared, dampening the mood of the atmosphere. With that being said, everyone nodded and parted ways, saying goodbye to one another. And so did Haruhi.

She got home thinking of her deceased mom. She got home filled with questions running her thoughts. It wasn’t clear for her. It wasn’t something to be understood and be accepted with a short period of time. It was something hunting her in her dreams causing her to not be able to sleep.

Before she headed to sleep, she gazed outside her window first. She didn’t see any star; it made her feel as if she was in China for not seeing any star. Is the sky preventing her to make a wish? But still she persued her plan. Mom, I wish you were here now…I wish I could see you…I wish you could tell me another fairytale once again. A tear escaped her eye, remembering her mom and everything.

She laid her head onto her pillow, hoping to fall into slumber, and yes she did.

~

‘Haruhi, come with me. Let’s live together once again.’ Her mom whispered extending her hand for Haruhi to grab.

Haruhi came closer to her mom. But when she was just about to take her mom’s hand, everything became so dark and the walls begin to melt as if the temperature was above 5000 degrees. A blood drop on Haruhi’s forehead as her mom became an auspicious beast which resembles the mythical creature of Japan; The Slit Mouthed Woman.

When Haruhi dipped her finger on her wet forehead, she saw that it was blood.

~

 

“M-Mom!” She called as she woke up from her dream. She always dreams of her mom leaving her. This always happens. She always see her mom in her dreams. And it’s not helping at all. It’s making everything worse. She laid her head in her pillow, hoping to fall into sleep once again, but she didn’t.

After almost an hour of toss and turns she wasn’t able to sleep. An hour of changing positions passed but still she is wide awake. She changed position several time; she hugged her legs, tried a sitting position, buried her face against her pillow, but still she didn’t feel to be sleepy, she didn’t even yawn a single time.

Later did sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter