Love and War

The President's Daughter

Chapter 21:

 

Sumin's POV

 

I ran inside the Blue House, sobbing. I tried to wipe away the tears that were falling, but more tears kept falling. Soojin Unni noticed I was crying and blocked my way, before I could enter my room.

"Sumin-ssi! What's wrong? What happened?!" She held onto my shoulders and looked at me straight in the eye.

"Please tell me.... Is it Baro?"

I nodded slowly and sobbed harder.

Soojin Unni pulled me into a tight hug and rubbed my back in a circular motion.
Soojin knows that Baro and I were official, and so did Mr. Cha. Both of them were happy for us. So both of them would be pretty disappointed if we break up. And so will I. But I guess Baro and I just need time and space until we settle everything.

Soojin Unnie let go of our hug. She used a comforting voice to calm me down.

"Rice cakes cheer you up, right? I'll go get you some, okay?"

I was still crying lightly, but I had enough strength to nod for her.

Once she left to go to the kitchen, I entered my room and sighed heavily. I glanced at my vanity, which had the picture frame from Lotte World and the picture of Baro and I in it. Next to it, the paper cranes we made stood there. I dragged myself towards the vanity and picked up the frame. I smiled unknowingly and put it back down. I placed my phone with Baro and I's couple charm on it and our promise ring next to the frame. I felt tears well up in my eyes again as I stared at the memories we gathered. But now it all comes to this. I end up being a joke.

I don't know what I did wrong.

*Baro, What did I do wrong?*

I knelt down next to bed and hugged my knees. I sang quietly to myself.

 

O.K girl, I’m all yours, I can be your yes man

I’ll do everything for you

O.K girl, from now on, I’m yours

I love you

I’m your man (You’re my woman)

You have all of me forever

From head to toe, I love you

 

The last part was repeated multiple times in my head.

 

I love you~~~

I love you~~~

I love you~~~

 

More thoughts flashed back and more pain spread across my body. I sobbed hard, but silently. Which is the most painful type of crying.

 

 

Baro's POV

 

5:20

 

I arrived at the Blue House and ran towards the hallways that led to Sumin's room.

Then I saw my father.

"Appa!"

My dad turned towards me, but his face expression did not change.

"Appa... Is Sumin home? I need to talk to her!"

"Baro...."

"Well, Is she?"

"Baro..." He sighed heavily, "What did you do?"

"I uhh-"

"Sumin came home about 45 minutes ago. She was sobbing. Very hard. What did you do?!"

"Well, how would you know if it wasn't someone else who made her cry? Why do you think that it was all me?"

"Because no one else has the power to hurt her so much."

I was taken back. I felt horrible.

"What happened between you two?"

"She... misunderstood something."

"Then you better fix it. Because you know what? You're not going to find anyone else like her."

 

I nodded and ran towards her room and saw Soojin Noona walked up towards her room as well, carrying a plate of rice cakes. She looked at me, disappointed. But also not surprised.

Then she smiled slightly and walked closer to me. She handed me the plate.

"I know you, Baro. Enough that I know that you aren't the type of person who would play with Sumin's feelings. You also aren't the type of person who would cheat on her... So what happened?"

"She misunderstood."

Soojin Noona nodded and looked down. Then she looked up again.

"Go fix it."

I smiled back at headed towards the door, but she stopped me.

"But remember Baro, forgiveness isn't always quick. Especially for this type of situation. So be careful with your words."

I agreed and turned the knob.

 

I saw Sumin burying her face in her knees as she cried. All our memories were gathered into a corner on top of her vanity. I closed the door behind me and set the plate of rice cakes on her vanity. I could hear her painful gasps for air as she sobbed.

"Sumin-ah..."

She instantly paused and looked up.

Her eyes were dark red and her lips were quivering.

"S-s-Sumin..."

She quickly stood up, trying to leave the room, but I grabbed her hand before she could.

"Sumin-ah... I'm sorry. What you saw today-" She cut me off.

She turned back.

"You lied to me, Baro! Sorry isn't enough! You think that a simply 'Sorry' will fix everything?!"

Tears flowed out of both of our eyes.

"You don't understand. I didn't allow for KaEun to kiss me. And nothing happened between her and I."

"Don't play with my feelings again, Baro. You've won already. Stop making things worse."

"No! Sumin. I'm not playing-"

"GO AWAY! Go back to KaEun! GET AWAY FROM ME!"

She yanked her arm away from my grasp and started walking towards the door again, but I snatched it back. But instead of just holding onto it, I pulled her into a tight hug. I could feel her heavy breath panting onto my chest. She tried pushing me away, but it just made me hug tighter.

"BARO! GO AWAY! LET GO OF ME!"

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, Sumin! I'm so so so sorry for not pulling away from her. I'm sorry for letting her even get close to me! I'm sorry that this had to happen! Please believe me! I'm begging you! Please forgive me!"

Sumin sobbed harder and harder. And so did I. She kept hitting my chest to pull away from my grasp, but as a few seconds passed by, her strength became weaker and weaker. Soon, she lost her strength and couldn't pull away. She cried harder and fell onto the floor. She constantly gasped for air. She buried her face in her hands and tears fell onto the hard-wood floor.

I knelt down beside her, hugging her until she calmed down, which took about 7 minutes.

"I won't do it again. I promise. I'll quit my job. I'll find somewhere else. Just please, believe me. Please don't let this come between us."

Tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Please don't let this break us...."

After a few more minutes, Sumin removed her hands from her face and faced me.

"Explain. So I won't misunderstand anymore...."

So I did.

"KaEun called me during a Saturday afternoon, saying that she needed to get some Dayacare supplies out from her apartment. I helped her take the boxes out of her apartment. And when night time came, I accidentally fell asleep against her wall. Then I ended up sleeping at her place. But nothing happened. Nothing. I promise."

Sumin gulped.

"I see...."

She paused. I could tell that she was pondering.

"I forgive you, Baro."

My heart jumped and lit up. I hugged her tightly as we were still on the floor. She slowly hugged me back.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Sumin-ah!"

"Well, I'm yours, right? And you're mine. Let's not forget that again."

He hugged until both of us settled things down.

"Saranghae..." I whispered to her with a warm smile.

She smiled back at me as I grabbed her hand.

"Saranghae."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sorry for the boring chapter! Ugghhh.... I'm getting so busy on homework and studying! I hate it... So much work.

I hope you guys like it so far(: I'm trying my best to add fluffy things as I add suspense. So... I guess this is how it turned out.

COMMENT what you think~! Because I love talking to my Chingus~!

and its not over yet guys.... don't worry. There's more coming(;

I hope you enjoy the rest of your day/or night. Thank you for all the amazing support! Saranghaeyo~! >.<

 

No New Subbies...