A Wig and A Black Dress

A Wig and a Little Black Dress

"Am I pretty?"

 

There was a soft gasp, and Aron could help but twirl the ends of the wig with his fingers, striking a pose in the tight-fitting black dress. He watched in a mix of satisfaction and amusement at the responses elicited from the members, giving a cheesy wink combined with a kissy face just as Ren rolled onto the floor, hands reaching to cover his face in both second-hand embarrassment and pure laughter. Joining in is no other than Baekho, his loud voice booming the small living room, one hand on his tummy"Hyung, what the heck," JR muttered, the light curl at the side of his lips betraying his disapproving tone.

 

"Not as pretty as me," Ren cut in, pulling himself up from the floor as he hopped over, tugging the wig off in one quick move. Ignoring the protest of the oldest member, he proceeded to slide it on, using the glass cabinet as a mirror to fix the side bangs.

 

"I thought hyung was pretty," Minhyun chimed, the vocalist munching on some snacks with much amusement as he eyed the outfit, reaching forth to tug at the dress before his hands got swatted away. He always knew that if anyone else could fit into the dress, it'll be Aron - the small frame and thin legs were almost alike Ren's, but his handsome features failed to pull off the wig as successfully as Ren did. Though, the bangs did help just a tiny bit. "But I'd be prettier," he continued with unfounded confidence, dropping the now empty bag of chips as he stood up, dusting the crumbs off his body in nonchalance.

 

So much so for being the 'cleanest' member, huh.

 

Ren spun around, finally satisfied with his look, lips pursing into a pouty kiss as he winked. JR shivered just as Baekho rolled around in another bout of infectious laughter. Without the heavy make-up, Ren looked just like an average pretty boy trying on the wig - an added bout of boyishness without the y charisma he had on that particular Boy's Day stage. "Yah, my turn," Minhyun jumped over in interest - to be honest, he was curious from the start, with the wigs and what not. Despite having cross-dressed a couple times before as part of Orange Caramel parody and putting on a wig on some random comedic show, he was never really sick of it all. After all, it was just for fun, he hummed inwardly, reaching out to pull the wig off.

 

"Let Minhyun wear it," Aron piqued, having successfully roused the curiosity of all the members. Nearly tripping over the dress - it didn't helped that Ren was a good two inches taller - he huffed a little before  pulling the dress off roughly.

 

"Yah, you'd tear the dress! The stylist-noona will have my head if you did!" Ren shouted, running forth to check for any prominent damage just as Baekho moved over, caressing the black cloth with interest. Aron pfft, pressing his lips together, making an unruly sound in response before disappearing into the room to throw on a shirt. "You can't wear this," Ren declared, sharp eyes staring right at the main vocalist warningly.

 

"Fine, I got it," Baekho sighed, flipping over just as Minhyun catwalk towards the trio in the center of the living room.

 

"I'm pretty, right?" Minhyun tried flipping the long curls, one hand hitched at the waist for added emphasis to the amusement of s. The leader shook his head, giving a long exaggerated sigh before throwing a pillow at the said boy. "Yah! You shouldn't throw pillows at a girl!"the brunet chided, voice one pitch higher, faking a hurt expression. He didn't looked bad, to be honest, but they could do without the awkward y expression he tried to emulate. Aron dropped his jaw in mock terror, his signature bursts of 'O-M-G' ringing in sync with Baekho's laughter.

 

"My turn, my turn!"

 

Ren watched with a slight frown as the wig was thrown across the coffee table, soft mumblings of his dissatisfaction went ignored as the members sat around, waiting. The wide shoulders moved as Baekho struggled to adjust the wig, ends of the hair tangling up at various places before shrugging them off. With a seemingly shy smile, he turned just his head, fingers moving to tuck the strand of hair behind his ears suggestively, "I'm pretty!"

 

Someone did a fake gagging noise in the background just as Ren screamed before breaking into silent laughter, and both Aron and Minhyun launched the pillow right into the fellow vocalists face on reflex.

 

JR laughed, body curled into the single-seat sofa, almost like some childish giggle before he stalled, blinking at the four pair of eyes staring right at him. "...guys?" he muttered, confusion spelt in bold just as he watched Baekho removed the wig, the four members exchanging a quick glance before similar smiles spread on their face. JR's eyes widened for a split second, smile slipping as he jumped up, but a tad too late.

 

"GET HIM!"

 

"No!!"

 

There was a cry, followed by muffled sounds of struggle, and hope was lost as the four members cornered the sole fighting soul back onto the single-seat.

 

"I think he'd fit into the dress."

 

"Let me go!"

 

"Wig. Baekho?"

 

"Yah!"

 

"If only we have some makeup-"

 

"I'm not wearing that-!"

 

"Then freeze to death in this chilly weather after we stripped you and leave you in the living room."

 

"..."

 

"Wow Ren, that's cruel."

 

"Shall I strip you then?"

 

"...No. I can't fit into the dress remember? Haha."

 

And when they're done dressing up their leader for once, completed with a defeated smile that doesn't reach his eyes, strands of hair poking out at awkward places, little black dress almost a perfect fit thanks to the stretchable material around the arms. JR could only moan his fate when the sound of the first shutter rang off.

 

He'd never live that down.