Oblivious

Oblivious
Cold water sprayed out at Chanyeol's face from the shower head as he groaned. The effects of alcohol were getting to him and his head ached as if someone brought a metal bat to his head. He shook his head reluctantly trying shake off the feeling, not wanting to admit he was drunk.

 

After cleansing himself he wrapped a towel around his waist while turning off the water and exiting the bathroom. Outside he was greeted by a drunk Baekhyun, the two had booked a hotel for a couple of hours tricking their parents into thinking they had gone to their high school's prom. They both smiled at each other and gave each other a kiss, tasting each other's heavily intoxicated breath.

 

 Baek giggled as he played with Chanyeol's towel during the kiss. Yeol pulled away softly, "Not now babe~ we gotta get you home soon." he finished while stretching his neck to look at the clock that hung above the hotel room's bed.

 

"You're no fun..I want a round 2!" Byun pouted, "How much time do we have left?"

 

"About 20 minutes until we have to leave."

 

"Can we at least cuddle and watch tv?" Baekhyun pleaded with puppy dog eyes.

Chanyeol smiled at his boyfriend's adorableness and gave him a quick nod. Before cuddling he decided to dispose of the 3 empty bottles of wine that were scattered on the small table near the door.

 

Soon Baek was wrapped in Chanyeol's arms, safe and sound. The couple was too diverted by each others presence to realize what the news anchor on the tv was saying.

 

Breaking News!

Exactly 1 hour ago a fatal automobile crash on interstate 8. Its been reported that 3 teens are dead and 4 are injured. Authorities are investigating to see if this could be a DUI case.

 

 *    *    *    *

 

Street signs danced and traffic lights were invisible to Chanyeol's eyes. Trying desperately to stay awake he rubbed his eyes to hear a horn blare from behind him. He shot his eyes open and watched as the car sped up and cut in front of him. Baek slowly opened his eyes and looked at Chanyeol from the passenger's seat, "What was that?" he spoke softly.

 

"Just a road- rager." Park replied.

 

Within seconds Baekhyun went back to sleep. Yeol continued driving, unconsciously gaining speed. Traffic was quiet and peaceful, the soft breathing coming from Byun made Chanyeol even more tired. Giving in to the feeling of rest, he closed his eyes.

 

The car slowly drifted into the opposite lane. Both boys were peacefully sleeping with each other on their minds, sweet memories filled their minds.

 

A faint noise filled Chanyeol's ears, he cringed. What is that noise?

 

Light shined into his shut eyes and a loud horn blared desperately. Yeol shot open his eyes and gasped as their collided with another. His head whipped forward as it slammed against the wheel. Baekhyun's small body was thrown around like a pinball before it went flying through the windshield with a loud shriek. Broken glass pierced both of the boys skin and blotches of blood covered the inside of Chanyeol's car. Park moved his head to see an empty passenger's seat before slipping into darkness.

 

*    *    *    *

 

He has a blood alcohol concentration of 0.021% almost three times the legal limit.

 

Everyone's in critical condition although we do know of one death... This kid is lucky to just have a minor concussion and a few lacerations.

 

 Yes... I believe he will be charged with Vehicular Homicide...

 

 

Groaning lightly, Chanyeol regained consciousness. His eyes wandered and scanned the room he was in, slowly he looked up to see a heart monitor. He was in the hospital.

 

"Oh good, you're awake." The doctor said trying to sound cheerful.

 

"Where's Baekhyun? Is Baekhyun okay?" Chanyeol asked starting to panic.

 

"We gave you s-"

 

"Where's Baekhyun!? He's okay right?! God please tell me he's okay!" Chanyeol choked.

 

The room grew silent and Chanyeol sobbed uncontrollably.

 

Baekhyun wasn't okay, Baekhyun had been killed by him.

 

 
 
 
[onewchickenking]