The Nerve-Wracking Day Off [ Part 1 ]

Nerve-wracking Day Off

8:15AM , WEDNESDAY .

Today is the day . I’m having a hard time to fall asleep last night , my brain was filled with my own thought about today .

I took a deep breath and looked up to the ceiling , I closed my eyes and sighed . I then looked down to my hands , it was shaking . My heart was pumping hard , it’s been a long time since I ever felt this nervous .

“ Relax Gary-ahh , relax ~ “ I tried to calm myself , at first I thought it was working but right after I glanced at the clock , my nervousness come back .

I lift my hand and rubbed my head , hard . “ Ughh ! “ I was really frustrated with myself . Why would I be so nervous about it .

[ Flashback ]

Ji Hyo texted me a few hours ago that she wanted me to fetch her up from her filming set , I agreed since I didn’t have nothing to do on that night . Besides , it’s quite a long time since we meet and talked face to face .

Well , not so long . We just meet the last 3 days but to me , it’s freaking long ~

I reached at the filming set and parked right next to Ji Hyo’s manager’s van . I looked around , trying to locate her but I couldn’t see her anywhere . I saw that the crew of her drama is still busy , they looked like they’re currently filming a scene . “ Maybe she’s still have some work to be done “ I thought to myself .

Getting bored while waiting , I took out my phone and opened my twitter , replying my friends tweet and responding on some fans tweet . Bored with it , I played some games on my phone . I guess I really enjoyed the race car game until I didn’t realize that Ji Hyo was walking towards my car . I flinched when she knocked the window of my side . I immediately unlocked the car to let her in .

Like always , she’ll greet me with a kiss on my cheek whenever we meet . I started to drive out from the filming set with a bright blush on my cheek .

While I was driving , I glanced at her for a few times . She looks like she was texting someone , and I get a little jealous when I see her smiling brightly while texting that someone . My mind began to think all the possibility that causes her smile .

And one of them was “ man “ , I think all of the guy that she knew that might be texting her now . Jin Hyuk ? Dong Wook ? and many of the other guys name popped on my mind .

She suddenly change her view on me , I quickly change my glance towards the road . Pretending that I was focused on my driving , but I realize that my jealous face was so obvious .

“ It’s not a guy oppa ~ It’s my mother ~ “ she said and chuckled .

“ What ? What do you mean by that ? I didn’t think of anything “ I said as my face was reddening from the embarrassment .

“ Yeah right oppa , I’ve know you too well to know the meaning of each of every face that you make oppa ~ “

“ Re...really ? “ I replied .

“ Urmm , oppa ~ I’ll be having a day off , tomorrow . “ she said with a little hesitation on her voice .

“ Good then , you really need some rest “ I replied and smiled .

“ Actually ~ “

“ what ? “

“ I told mom that we’ll be coming to her house tomorrow ~ “

“ Wh..what ?! “ the surprised voice automatically get out from my mouth . My mind suddenly went blank , and I almost lose control of the car . Luckily there wasn’t many cars by that time and I manage to take control of it .

“ Yah ~ What’s with that ? “ she asked and pouted .

“ but . . but . . why so suddenly Ji Hyo-ah ? “ I asked with worries .

“ What do you meant by “ so sudden “ ?? Oppa , we’re engage now ! Even if my parents know who you are , but at least you should meet them face to face right ? “ she whined .

“ You’re right . . but . . but . . . “

[ End of Flashback ]

“ but I’m not ready ~ “ I mumbled while burying my face on my both hand .

I tried to get up from my bed , and shockingly my leg were shaking too . This is much tougher that I thought . I walked slowly towards the bathroom when suddenly I could hear my phone’s ringtone .

I tried my best to walk as fast as possible to pick up the call .

Once I reached it , I quickly answered the call .

“ Oppa ~ “ It was Ji Hyo .

“ Yes ? “ I replied , but my voice was shaking .

“ You still asleep ? “ she asked me .

“ N . . No , I . . I was just about to take my sho . . shower “ I replied .

“ Oppa , relax okay ? It’s not like you’ll be facing a monsters oppa . They’re human , just like me ~ They won’t eat you up “ she tried to console me .

“ I know Ji Hyo-ah ~ I’m just nervous ~ “

“ Hmmm , Okay oppa . Please get ready and fetch me right on time . I’ll be waiting ~ Bye “ she said and hung up .

I sighed and softly throw my phone on the bed before turning back to the bathroom .


“ What clothes should I wear ? Suits ? Nahh . Too formal . . Simple shirt ? Nahhh . Too informal ... Ugghh “ I was having a fight with my own mind .

Finally I decided to wear a long sleeve shirt with coat , “ Should I wear a cap ? Nahh . I don’t think so ~ “ I mumbled in front of the mirror , but I keep staring at my cap on the bed . “ but I’ll bring it with me “ I mumbled .

Satisfied with my fashion , I spray some perfume and grab my cap and car keys . Making sure all the light in my room are off and all my windows are locked before I leave the house .

I enter my car and planned to stop by at the cafe to buy some coffee .


“ Good morning oppa ~ “ she greeted me and kissed my check .

“ Good morning beautiful ~ Here’s your Americano ~ “ I replied and give her the coffee that I bought for her earlier .

She’s beautiful today , more beautiful than the other days . She’s wearing a honeydew coloured shirt with a dark blue blazer and a ivory coloured jeans . Ironically , I could named the type of colour she wears . Well , this is all thanks to her anyway . Sometimes , she’ll be bickering with me about the many shade of colour .

Somehow today our dressing match each other , since I was also wearing a dark blue coat .

“ You look handsome today “ she praised me . The only respond I could give was my silly smile and blushing cheek . I was kinda proud of myself , for having quite a good sense in fashion .

“ Mom said that she and dad are really anticipating you to come “ she said and smiled  .

Right then , my nervousness come once again . My heart is pumping hard again , cold sweat streams down trough my face . My facial expression changes , and it was obviously a nervous expression .

Noticing it , she hold my hand and gives her loving smile towards me , trying to calm me down . Holding her soft hand with such a sweet smile on her face manage to calm my nerve . I could smile at least .

The thing that I was nervous about is not about meeting them , it’s about what will they think of me , dating their daughter . Will they be okay for a guy like me to date , I mean to be engage to their daughter ? Will they be okay for a guy with a simple family background like me to be engage to their daughter ? Will they be okay for a guy who go out to the club , drink , have tattoos and smokes like me to be engage to their daughter ? Will they accept me as who I am ? Will they be okay with my relationship with their daughter ?

All possible question came to my mind , and without noticing we’ve finally arrive at her parent’s house .

Oh you don’t know how nervous I am standing in front of their house gate .

She linked her arm with me and looked at me , “ You’ll be okay “ she said and smiled warmly before dragging me inside .

She ring the door bells and after a few second , the door opened . Revealing her mother .

“ Sung Im-ahh ~ My beautiful daughter “ she squealed as soon as she sees her beloved daughter .

They hugged and giggled for a few minutes until her mother finally realize my presence . She stared at me and glared at me from up to down .

“ Hello ma’am . I’m Kang Gary “ I greeted her and bowed 90 degree politely . I saw my legs was shaking when I bowed . “ What will she thinks about me ? “ I asked myself as I was bowing .

As soon as I straightened my body , she , Ji Hyo’s mother quickly move forwards . With a wide smile on her face , she hugged me and patted my back . “ Yahh ~ You’re so handsome young man ~ “ she praised me . I was a bit surprised by her words , I didn’t expect that . Her words was making me blush and I saw Ji Hyo was giggling behind her .

“ Please come in ~ “ She said , welcoming Ji Hyo and me . Ji Hyo moves closer to me and whispered “ I told you that she’ll be okay “ she said and winked . I respond her with a smile and a nod . 

But there’s still someone that I was worried about . Her father , I hear from her a long time ago that her father was a strict man . My nervousness come back , but a little less than before since I’m relieved that her mother seems to accepted me .

We walked into their house , her mother then offers us a sit before excuses herself to go and call her husband inside their room , informing our arrival . Ji Hyo glanced at me and patted my lap as a sign for me to relax myself .

I was looking around the house when suddenly my eyes stopped at the man , walking towards us with his wife behind . I immediately stood up , and Ji Hyo followed me a few second later . I scanned her father’s face , he has this craggy type of face making him to look like a tough man . Even in their old age , Ji Hyo’s parents still looks beautiful and handsome . No wonder Ji Hyo grew up as a beautiful woman .

But . . . 

The strict and grumpy personalities that I expected from her father immediately faded away as soon as Ji Hyo run and jumped for a hug at her father . Her father immediately brings out his bright smile , making him look like a loving father . Ji Hyo breaks the hug and introduced me to her father .

“ Hello Sir, I’m Kang Gary “ I said and bowed politely .

He moves towards me while holding Ji Hyo by her side , he lifted his arm and softly patted on my back .

“  Yes son , I know who you are “ he said and chuckled before telling me to sit down with her wife in between of me and Ji Hyo , while he sit on the one-person couch . I keep my head low while sitting with them . But by that time my nervousness was no longer there , since her parents seems to already accepted me to be part of their family .

“ Look how handsome and polite this young man yeobo ~ “ her mother speak up while patting and rubbing my back . “ It seems like our daughter have picked the right man “ she said again , this time she patted on Ji Hyo’s lap . Causing both me and Ji Hyo to blush .

“ Tell me what type of person you are son “ her father asked me with a strict voice , yet his face shows the opposite of it .

“ We..well.. I.. I... I’m not sure if I should be judging myself sir . .  I.. I will leave the judgement on your hand sir “ I replied as I have no answer to his question .

“ Hahaha , stop calling me 'sir' . Just call me ‘father’ since you’re my daughter fiancée now “ he replied .

“ ahh . Y...yess..sir , I mean father “

“ Enough being so nervous oppa ~ “ Ji Hyo teased me , causing both her parents to laugh . While I just fake a laugh and a smile .

“ Mom ~ I’m hungry ~ “ Ji Hyo whined like a little kid .

“ Ommo , my poor daughter . Okay , let’s go to eat , I’ve cooked your favourite food “ She replied and softly patted Ji Hyo’s back .

“ Dad is hungry too ~ Let’s eat together son “ her father invited me .

“ Ahh . Yes father “ I replied .


There was about 4 dishes on the dinner table , there were Seasoned Squid as the main dish , Chicken & Poached Egg Soup , Dukboki and Rolled Egg Omelette . Ji Hyo squealed as she sees the food , I guess she’s really a fangirl of food .

Her father invited me to sit on the dinner table and have a dinner with them . I sat beside Ji Hyo while in front of us are Ji Hyo’s parents .

“ I hope you like my cooking young man ~ “ Her mother said while handing me the chopstick .

“ I’m sure I will ma’am . I always heard from Ji Hyo that you’re really good in cooking “ I said and smiled .

“ Yes she is ~ “ her father interrupt our conversation .

“ Ahh ~ Why ~ No I’m not ~ Hohoho ~ “ her mother laughed in embarrassment .

As I was eating deliciously while chatting with Ji Hyo’s parents , I could hear the house’s main door was opened . I straightened my head to have a peak on the door .

“ Oh , it must be your dongsaeng Sung Im-ah ~ “ her mother said and stood up before welcoming them .

“ Ahhh !! It’s Gary ! It’s Gary ! “ the younger sister squealed while running towards me . She immediately hugged me and took out her phone . Taking a selfie with me with my full mouth .

“ Yah ! Can’t you see he’s eating ? “ Ji Hyo stood up and lightly hit her little sister .

“ Eiishh , let her be . It’s okay Ji Hyo-ah ~ “ I grabbed her hand trying to stop her .

“ but . . but . . urghh . I’m sorry oppa , for my little sister rudeness “ she apologize , making me feel kinda bad .

“ ah ~ No ~ It’s okay , really “

“ Sung Hye-ahh ~ please respect our guest “ her father said towards the young girl .

“ Okay . I’m really sorry Kang Gary-shii ~ I’m just a big fan of you ~ “ she apologized and bowed , causing me to feel embarrass . 


Hello there readers ! This is the 1st part of my one-shoot fanfic ^^
I really hope that you guys enjoyed this fanfic ! 
I was feeling a little 'empty' for the last few night since I realize that there will be no more Emergency Couple for Friday and Saturday night /cries/ I was like ' what to do with my life every Friday and Saturday night ~ " . So I decided to 'fill' that 'emptiness' by writing some fanfic ~

I really love the drama and the extremely cute and adorable cast such as Jihyo , Jinhyuk , Pilmo , and Baby Gook ! ^^

Anyway , I'm sorry if there were any grammatical erorrs and wrong spelling in this fanfic ~ 
Feel free to leave your comment ~ ^^