CHAPTER 43: THE REAL PARENTS

Love
CHAPTER 43 THE REAL PARENTS
 
 
 
Finding true love is really hard to find, there are billions and billions of people around the world. Some people met their one true love while others are not fortunate enough to have someone to love but not in the case of Sueng Hyun and Gian. They found each other in the most unexpected way, they become friends eventually fell in love with each other but ended up growing apart. They're match made in heaven, perfectly fit for each other but then again one of them let go of the other. 
 
 
 
After for so many years Gian is still clueless why Sueng Hyun suddenly broke up with her then getting back together and broke up again. She still longs for him, still loving him in silence and still hurting with what they've become. Lovers to strangers then lovers again and end up being strangers.... again. 
 
 
 
"Okay! So let me repeat what you just ask me a while ago." Erin says while walking back to the backyard with the five guys. "You're asking me if Zoey is your daughter?" She continues as she grab a spare blanket and lay it on the grass. "Am I right?" She's now laying on the blanket while looking at Sueng Hyun.
 
 
"Yes." He answer her with a nod. The five of them sits on the round table.
 
 
"So you and me had s*x that I didn't remember?" 
 
 
"What the... h*ll?" Jiyong spat his cold beer while looking at Erin. 
 
 
"This matter is serious noona, stop playing around." Daesung whines.
 
 
"You're not my type" Sueng Hyun blurted out.
 
 
"That's why i'm asking you." Erin laughs. "I mean you ask me if you think that Zoey is your daughter."
 
 
"Yes that's what i'm asking you."
 
 
"Noona, thinks that you are crazy hyung." Youngbae tap his shoulder.
 
 
"And I think you're desperate." Suengri adds.
 
 
"I will tell an interesting story so the five of you should listen carefully." She sighs and look at the guys, when no one attempts to speak she inhale a lungful of air before she starts her story.
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
FLASHBACK
 
 
 
Me and Marcus are still adjusting our everyday life here in Manila, we've been staying here for a couple of months now but everything are still not on the right place. We both got new jobs, both starting to make a new career path. Starting to meet new people, starting to build our own world but something unexpected came for us, something that shocked my whole life and start to question about my true feelings about this new life.
 
 
 
"I'm pregnant." I broke the news one night to Marcus while we're having a dinner. "I'm not sure at first so I went to a hospital earlier."
 
 
"Are you serious?" The way his face lights up made my mood even better. "How long are you pregnant?"
 
 
"Almost 3 months." I said. 
 
 
"God! You made me so happy right now." He stands up to kiss and hug me, trying his best not to bump into my stomach. "What did the doctor say?" 
 
 
"She said that I need to go back there next month."
 
 
"Why next month? You should have your check up every week."
 
 
"That's why its called 'monthly check up'" I can't stop myself from smiling. "Are you happy?"
 
 
"Of course." He said while kissing my lips. "How about you?"
 
 
"I am but...." 
 
 
"But what?"
 
 
"I don't know.... I think because something is invading my body." I smile weakly.
 
 
"That's our baby." Marcus caress my tummy and smile. Smile that is so new to me.
 
 
 
Maybe I feel uneasy because a living person is inside me, growing and growing. Maybe that's why I feel like this, every morning I can't stand up, I keep vomiting even though i'm not eating anything. I'm craving for foods that I don't eat before, I hate people in no apparent reason. I love seeing Marcus but when he's around me i'm starting to get p*ssed off. I think this is normal and each passing day i'm getting excited, I can't wait to see our baby, to hold and take good care of this little one inside me but all those excitement vanishes when I realized something.
 
 
 
"I'm not ready to be a mother." I confess to Marcus one afternoon while having lunch. "I'm not even ready to marry you."
 
 
"What?" We're in the middle of planning out our wedding next month but here I am again cancelling it. "Don't do this to me please."
 
 
"I'm sorry." I said and put my utensils down. "I'm not ready at all."
 
 
"Why do keep doing this to me Erin?" He said in gritted teeth, he's really angry right now. "Why do you keep hurting me?"
 
 
"I'm sorry." That's all I can say. "Settling down scares me the most."
 
 
"How about the baby?" I won't allow you to get abort*on."
 
 
"I know that, I have a plan." I said to him looking straight in his eyes. "We're going to New Jersey, then I will ask Gian to follow us there."
 
 
"Then?"
 
 
"I will ask her to help you out with the baby since she's here in Manila for good."
 
 
"When will we leave?"
 
 
"Next week. I already booked our flight." I said. "Don't worry I will give you the sole custody of our child." I explain. "I won't bother you ever again."
 
 
"This is the last time I will allow you to hurt me like this Erin!" His eyes are watery and I just realized that I hurt him again. "Let's do this in a legal way, i'll call my attorney."
 
 
"Okay. I will sign anything." I simply answer. "Marcus, i'm really sorry."
 
 
"Don't be." He stands up. "I'm immune to it. Let's end everything what we have now and let's just stick together until the baby is out." He grab his wallet and pull out a couple of bills then place it on top of the table. "Let's go, let's talk to Gian about your genius plan." He walks away without me. 
 
 
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
"Are you serious about that?" Sueng Hyun blurted out, banging his fist on the wooden table making the glasses and plates rattle.
 
 
"Can you let me finish first?"
 
 
"Oh my God! This is all messed up."Jiyong said. The five of them just stay silent.
 
 
"Noona, why did you do that?" Daesung looks upset.
 
 
"Let me finish first." My eyes are close trying to stop my tears to fall down my cheeks.
 
 
"Just continue your story noona."
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
FLASHBACK
 
 
 
After I gave birth, I immediately fly to Jeju Island where my sister lives. I stay there for a year, helping her with family business. Gian and Marcus stayed in New Jersey until the baby is allowed to travel back in Manila. I didn't contact the both of them even my parents, for me this is my chance to do what I need to do. To work and earn money for myself, for the first few months i'm happy, really happy. I'm free and single. 
 
 
My parents are mad at me. Marcus parents almost curse me but I don't blame them, i'm the one to blame, i'm the one who can't fix my mind.Marcus never talks to me again, I never heard any news about the baby, our baby girl. Until one day I saw them in Singapore, they look like a happy family. Yes I feel jealous but I don't have any right to feel that way, I'm the one who asked for this set up but I just want to see my baby up close. Until I bumped into Gian that night in a bar. She told me everything about my daughter, I mean everything AND HER NAME IS ZOEY.
 
 
I ask her if I can see Zoey just for a few minutes, I won't tell her that i'm her real mom. I just want to touch her, to see her smile or to hear her talk. She said YES but Marcus says NO and leave the bar in an instant. I know we have a written and legal contract but there's something inside me that need to see my daughter so I pay Marcus a visit to his office after a few weeks.
 
 
 
"What brings you here Erin?" He said without even glancing at me. I'm standing in front of his office desk while his full attention is on the papers he's reading. "What do you want? I told you I never want to see you again."
 
 
"I know but I just want to ask a favor from you."
 
 
"Do you want to see my daughter?"
 
 
"Yes! I want to see our daughter."
 
 
"Have you forgotten that you don't have any right to her?" He looks at me and put the papers down.
 
 
"I just want to see her. Just once. Please."
 
 
"Why?"
 
 
"Do I need to give you a reason?"
 
 
"You gave me a ton of reasons when you told me that you're not ready to be a mom and a wife."
 
 
"Because i'm really not ready that time." I said.
 
 
"That's why you runaway with your responsibilities? Then ask somebody else to take care of your child?"
 
 
"Gian is not different to us."
 
 
"But she have her own life which by the way you take away from her because you just told her that you need someone to take care of Zoey."
 
 
"I didn't even think about it." I said. That thing never crosses my mind. 
 
 
"Don't feel sorry. She's doing a great job taking care of my daughter." He stands up. "I told Zoey a couple of times that Gian is not her real mom because I know she will not be by my daughter's side all the time. Gian will eventually move out and build her own family. Especially now that Sueng Hyun is around again, he will found out the truth in no time."
 
 
"It really didn't cross my mind."
 
 
"Because you're selfish."
 
 
"What did Zoey say about Gian for not being her real mom?" I asked like I didn't hear the 'selfish' word.
 
 
"She will turn 4 years old in a couple of months but I know she will understand it because she's smart."
 
 
"You raise her well."
 
 
"Me and Gian raise her well." He corrects me. "I will be leaving in an hour. I need to brief my staff with the work they need to do while i'm in Hongkong, you need to leave." He said and press a button in the office phone. After a couple of seconds a guy enters the room.
 
 
"Sir." He said.
 
 
"Erin will leave now, show her the way out but before that get her mobile number then send it to Gian immediately." He said and I smile. "Tell the staff we have a meeting in 10 minutes."
 
 
"Yes sir." He said and I think he's Marcus personal secretary. "Mam this way please."
 
 
"Thank you Marcus." I said and he just nod without looking at me. I follow the guy out of the office.
 
 
"Mam if you can just right your number here." He said handing me a piece of paper and a pen.
 
 
"Here." I said when i'm done. "I know my way out. Thank you." I smile.
 
 
"Welcome mam." He smiles at me and on cue Marcus walks out of his office while talking to someone over the phone.
 
 
 
"Hi Zoey, how are you my princess?... Really?... Can I talk to Mommy?...."
 
 
 
I make my way to the elevator, feeling happy. I can see my daughter for the first time and a lot of things enter my mind but before I can even reach to my car in the parking lot my phone rings.
 
 
 
"Hello"
 
 
"Erin, this is Gian. Ivo send your number to me."
 
 
 
END OF FLASHBACK
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
"Whoa! Information overload." Daesung lies beside Erin. "So Gian noona is still single?"
 
 
"Yes." Erin nods. Her arms are covering her eyes.
 
 
"How would you know? You didn't see them in a long period of time, what if they fell in love with each other?" Seungri says while looking secretly to his hyung.
 
 
"Marcus and Gian?" Erin peak through her arms. "I've known Marcus almost half of my life, the way he talks and look at Gian earlier there's no spark, no affection, no nothing."
 
 
"But you know noona, Marcus is right." Jiyong said. "I mean why did you pass to her your responsibilities, to Gian noona?"
 
 
"I'm not ready." 
 
 
"Let's just stop." Seung Hyun stands up and inhale. 
 
 
"Why? Aren't you happy that noona is still single and not married with a child?" Youngbae looks confused while talking. "I mean this is much less of a hassle if you really wanted her back."
 
 
"But Zoey is my only weapon?"
 
 
"Wait! What do you mean by that?" Erin sits up. "Please explain."
 
 
"Its much easier if Zoey is my daughter because wherever Zoey is for sure Love will be there."
 
 
"Wow!" Erin smiles like an id*ot.
 
 
"Why the hell are you smiling noona?" Daesung is freaking out.
 
 
"This is the first time I heard him call Gian, 'Love'"
 
 
"We always hear him say that, both of them." Youngbae said.
 
 
"Before." Jiyong adds. "Past."
 
 
"If you really want her back then I think this is your opportunity, your last opportunity."
 
 
"My opportunity slips away, long time ago." Seung Hyun sighs and drink a beer. "I waste it."