Best Friends

Instead of Me

"Oh come on, I know you can punch harder than that Kay.... do you really want me to tell you that you hit like a girl?" Mark gives me a sly look, a look that he knows pisses me off. 

Then giving him a dumbfounded face, I roll my eyes. "You know I'm this close to giving you a black eye, I'm not in a good mood as it is." 

Mark laughs then grabbing my arm he twists it behind my back, pushes at the back of my right leg and I fall to my knees. Then with a scoff he starts counting to ten and feeling sore from softball tryouts I just tap my self out after two. Looking up at his face I flick him on the head, "That wasn't fair." 

He raises his eyebrows amused, "And how is that?"

I give him a dull expression, "You're such a jack- sometimes. You know that right?" Then feeling sweat dripping down my forehead I walk towards my bad for a towel. 

He follows, "Kay, just admit it. You're just being a sore looser because I kicked your today." 

Letting out an irritated sigh I close my eyes and with a semi-sarcastic expression I nod my head then start to wave him away as I grab my water bottlel. "Yah, if you're so proud how about you go tell Jackson. I'm sure he'll be happy to hear all about it." 

Mark rolls his eyes then taking the water bottle from my hands he squirts some in his mouth, "Maybe I will miss moody pants." 

I widen my mouth and snatch the water bottle back, "Yah! You didn't have three hours of softball practice and a mid-term before this, so I wouldn't act so cocky because you won once, technically it could be called a default win." 

"Oh really? I've only won once against you before. Now that's invalid." 

I nod my head while wiping my face with my towel then start to take off my belt and robes..... and don't get any ideas here. I have a t-shirt and shorts on under it."I'm too tired to argue with you right now. Can we just get some food... then we can finish this conversation?" 

Mark laughs, "One thing you have to get to used to about being friends with you, food is always on your mind."

I smirk and shrug my shoulders, "Not my fault food tastes so good. And I wouldn't be talking, you eat way more than I do half the time." 

"Yeah well that's only half the time and I don't look like a pig when I'm eating, I have table manners." 

I crinkle my nose, "Shut up, I can eat properly if I want to. I just choose not to around you, Jackson, BamBam and pretty much everyone else because I don't give a what other people think. If I'm hungry, I'm hungry." 

Mark smiles, "There really isn't any other girl like you is there." He says with a slightly mocking tone. 

I shake my head feeling a little honored by that.... in a weird way.... I guess.

Looking across the room I see Jackson who's a first degree black belt and BamBam a red belt - and also Mark's and I good friends- and start to yell, "Yah! Mark and I are going to get some food, wanna join?" 

In the next second Jackson and BamBam are running over already half-way out of their uniforms.... and yes they have cloths under them too you nasties. 

 

Walking out of the dojo we wave bye to our instructors then make out way to a Pa-Jeon restaurant, "I'm starving" I say while holding my stomach. "I haven't eaten anything since like twelve, and it's nine!" 

Jackson widens his eyes, "Woah, Kayle I think that's a record."

I pretend to pout, "I know, it's horrible. I feel like I'm going to faint any second. Let's walk faster." 

Suddenly my phone starts to go off and as I'm about to answer it Mark grabs it away from me then answers it himself, "Sorry, but Kayla is currently unavalible please leave a message after the bee-"

Before Mark could finish his sentence he stops -frozen- and his face starts to look red with a hint of green. I furrow my eyebrows confused to what has taken him back so much.

I take the phone back from him and dropping his head he pinches the bridge of his nose. "Hello?"

"Kayla! Who was that?"

Looking over at Mark I flick him in the head for being so stupid as answering without even knowing who it was. "Ah, Luna what do you want?"

It's my sister, specifically my twin sister, Luna. He's luckily it was her and not my parents. If my dad was on the other side of the phone he would have driven all the way here then give Mark the 'man to man' talk. Typically his way to put guys in their place.... which I don't really approve of but kind of enjoy because the last time he did the talk to Mark, Mark's face got all red and he looked like he just met the grim reaper. (I laughed... a lot) 

My sister on the other hand, she doesn't really care. She'd actually be happy to talk to Mark if she could. 

"Mom and Dad called and said that they're going to be in London for a couple of weeks for an urgent business meeting."

I nod my head, "Okay.... yah, they should have brought us." They never bring us when they go to cool places like England. I've always wanted to go to England, that's where they shot Harry Potter. 

"You know they can't, but I was actually wondering if you wanted to have dinner together?" 

I look over at Jackson, Mark and BamBam as they're telling me to hurry up. "Ugh, I was actually on my way to eat with the guys. I mean you can always join if you want but I know that you don't really like-"

She immediately cuts me off with a, "Will Mark be there?"

Thinking that I heard something wrong I clean my ear out with my pinkie then ask, "Did you just ask if Mark was coming?" 

Hearing what I just said Jackson, BamBam and Mark come running over towards me and move their heads as close to the phone as they can. Looking at them with a glare I press the hold button, then make an unpleasant look. "Yah, get out of here."

Jackson gives a sly smile, "I think you know what I'm thinking and I think that you know what your sister just said. And I think that you think that you know what I'm trying to say.... am I right?" 

Tilting my head I palm his face and push it out of the way, "You're an idiot." 

Walking a bit away from them I put my sister off hold, "Okay repeat what you just said, I got a little distracted." 

"Is Mark going to be joining us for dinner?" 

Yeah, I didn't just imagine that. My sister really just did as for Mark, but my question is why? I thought that she didn't like him or Jackson and BamBam. I mean every other time that I asked her to come join us for dinner, the movies, running, etc. she always told me that she wasn't too found of being around my friends because they acted five. Which I can't really say isn't true, but I mean it's more like twelve. 

With a hesitant voice I reply, "Um, yeah."

Then with an excited and bubbly voice she says, "I'll be there in ten minutes. You don't mind waiting a while do you?"

Still utterly confused I shake my head, "No, but.... just hurry."

Ending the call I stand still for a few seconds trying to understand what just happened. I mean I heard it right, she specifically asked for Mark.Keeping my baffled expression I walk back to the three of them.

BamBam notices my face, "You okay?" 

I nod my head then look over at Mark who looks back with a mixture of confusion and horror. "What?"

"My sister's coming to eat with us."

Shocked Jackson says, "That's a first."

Shaking my head I say, "Yeah I know. But that's not the weird part."

"What's the weird part?" BamBam asks.

Looking back over at Mark I tilt my head. "She wanted to know if you were coming, like she made it pretty obvious." 

Mark widens his eyes while Jackson and BamBam start to laugh. "You're kidding. Mark? She asked for Mark?" Jackson sounds just as surprised as I feel and how Mark looks. 

"No, really. She exactly asked if Mark was coming."

Mark finally gets himself together. "But why?"

I shrug not knowing myself.  My sister never asked for him before; then BamBam started to wiggle his eyebrows all creepy like. "Maybe she likes Mark?" 

Both Mark's and I mouths drop. "You think that my sister likes Mark? Isn't that a bit too far?"

"Yah, it's not that impossible. I mean I am pretty handsome." Wipping off his cloths I give him a look of disgust.

Giving it another thought I start to think that maybe that could be the answer. Mark has gotten at least two confessions in the past year and Luna has always liked the athletic type. Looking back over at Mark I start to feel nervous. What if it true? And my sister and best friend start to date?

It would be easy for him fo fall for Luna, every guy already has. I'm sure if I wasn't her sister he would have tried and confessed already. Am I the one holding them back?

Shaking my head I try and reasure myself that it's simply impossible. Or at least I hope.