Final

❀Going nuts❀

It was just another spring day. I was cleaning the last white table in my café. Yes I own a café with a small bakery that is the main attraction. I have a few workers but I always send them home first. I like to stay behind and close the shop myself. I would check the cleanness of the place and pack the leftover pastries to take them home. I love this place and I worked really hard to gain the popularity it has right now. Well, I had a little help of my influential sponsor but that´s not important. My name is Lee Donghae.

I took a look one more time and was about to close the door behind me and lock them safely. But suddenly someone shouted at me to hold it. I turned around and saw the famous Lee Hyukjae running towards me with his red hair fluttering around his now equally red face. You know him, don´t you? He goes by the name ´Eunhyuk´, the most handsome and talented artist ever. He´s a great dancer, choreographer, rapper, song writer and overall the hottest celebrity. He took the world with his cute and witty personality and his too perfect to be real body. Even if you don´t watch the TV, you´ve heard about Lee Hyukjae or Eunhyuk. And this same Eunyhuk was running for his life like an idiot towards me.

"I´m being followed! Hurry open the door!"

He yelled and I didn´t have any better idea than to open the door for him. Eunhyuk ran inside and at that moment I noticed five guys chasing after him. I got scared but my legs refused to move. Luckily I was hurriedly pulled inside the café by the red head. He took my hand and pulled me to the back of the café where the back doors were located. We would fortunately escape those thugs or whoever it was. I heard a big bang signalling that the intruders already caught up and before I followed Eunyhuk outside I heard them scream:

"Don´t run away! Let´s make some fantastic babies!"

And we were gone. But to my surprise instead of stepping onto the back road behind my shop we appeared in a forest. My eyes must have been as wide as saucers at least. What the hell? Since when was my café in the middle of the woods? I snapped my head when I heard the doors close behind us but I got surprised again because there was again just the forest behind me. Eunhyuk didn´t seem affected by the crazy situation and without letting go of my hand he led me through the woods.

"Hyukjae, what´s going on?" I asked him slightly panicking.

"Don´t worry, baby. We´re out soon, I know the way well," the redhead answered in a flirtatious tone. Spare me now, please!

I was totally out of place and confused to nowhere so I led him take me anywhere. It´s not like I would know where to go by myself anyway. I focused on my feet and tried not to fall over one of the brunches lying on the ground. What I didn´t expect thought was that the national choreographer would trip over his legs and fall flat down taking me with him. I landed next to him just like him on my belly. I groaned in pain.

"Hyukjae, you alright?" I got suddenly worried because I didn´t even hear him hiss when he landed painfully on his handsome face.

The dead body next to me moved and Eunhyuk finally lifted his head to look at me. His nose was bleeding and he had some dirt on his face and his hair. He had tears in his eyes and looked like he was about to cry. I panicked and quickly went to kneel in front of him. I took his face in my hands and started cleaning away the tears, blood and snot. But then I noticed something strange. He had a cute monkey imprinted on his cheek as if someone pressed a stamp against it. I looked down underneath him and saw a strange coin lying there. Eunyhuk must have fallen on it and the engraving of the coin made the funny picture on his puffed cheek. I had to laugh because Eunyhuk was sulking that my attention wasn´t on his snotty face anymore.

"Here," I gave him the coin. It had a dancing monkey on one side and a strange letters on the other. It looked cool and I knew a boy like Hyuk would definitely like it. And I was right when the long white fingers took the silver and put it into the pocket of Eunyhuk´s overly tight jeans.

When I had the boy on his thin legs again and had taken all the leaves from his messy red hair, we continued our walk through the forest. Eunhyuk took the lead once again, this time carefully looking under his feet. We continued like this for a while when a sudden noise made us stop. Something was hiding in the bushes and filled my head with ideas about wild animals and serial killers. Eunyhuk must have sensed this and took a protective stance in front of me. I instinctively grabbed his shirt and hid behind him. The ruffling of the leaves continued until it became much louder.

"Ogenki desu ka?!"

An unexpected yell made us flinch and then laugh hard when something very similar to the Turtle ninja appeared in front of us. It had a stick imitating a microphone in it´s hand directed to us while it was posing with it´s hand behind it´s ear. When no answer other than laugh came from neither me nor Hyukjae, the turtle guy decided to try one more time. He turned around and in the quickest movement I had seen since The Power rangers series, pulled out the fake mike again.

"Ogenki desu ka?!"

"Yeeeah!" Hyukjae had enough manners to respond although he was still fighting with the fit of laughter that attacked his skinny body.

The turtle guy seemed pleased and straightened his body in what must have been his normal posture. Although he looked impossibly funny with his tortoiseshell and all, his face was somehow creepy. The black piercing eyes showed that he knew more than it looked like and the crooked smirk gave him this dark aura. Still I couldn´t shake off the feeling that he had something to tell us and I was right.

"My name is Yesung, because my voice is the work of art!" He pronounced and we didn´t know what to answer so he just continued. "You shouldn´t be here guys," he sighed in a deep voice.

"Why?" I dared to ask completely taken in by the strange events. Of course I shouldn´t be here! I should be on my way back home and to my warm bed..

"Because the cat is on hunt," Yesung whispered sending shivers through my body. Even Hyukjae shivered.

"The cat?" Eunyhuk asked in order to gain more information from the creepy turtle but that didn´t happen. Yesung suddenly yelped and hid himself in his shell. Before we could comprehend what was going on a huge gray cat landed on it almost breaking the shell.

"Get lost, HeeSika!" Yesung yelled from inside his little hideout the voice coming out with echo. The cat was about to say something when it noticed Hyukjae and me still hidden behind him.

"Omoo! What do we have here?" The cat exclaimed in a high pitched voice. "What is a pair of handsome men doing in these woods?"

"We´re just going through, don´t mind us," Eunhyuk said in a nervous voice and started slowly to back.

"Don´t be a prude monkey boy and let me see that delicious meat that keeps clutching your shirt, huh?" The cat purred, it´s sinful eyes looking at me. Despite the fact that the creature was very beautiful I couldn´t bring myself to come closer. And luckily Hyukjae thought the same.

"Now!" He took my hand into his again and started running fast. As we ran through the bushes a dramatic piano melody was playing in the background. It was strange but I had no time to think about it. I did my best to keep up but the dancer was very well known for his athletic abilities and soon I started falling behind. Eunhyuk then stopped and in the meantime I kept trying to catch my breath, he looked around in order to find us a shelter or at least a weapon against the feline monster.

"Meow! You dare to defy the big star, huh? I hate running the most!" A voice came out from nearby. I tensed in fear but then I heard the cat scream. Eunhyuk returned to my side and curiously perked his ears to the sound coming from the forest.

"Yah, Kangin-ah! The hell?!" The cat swore.

"Shut up, I´m bored! Let´s go eat something," the unknown voice roared.

"I was just to do that exactly before you intervened you big head!" And then a shriek followed by a gurgled sound as if the cat was being strangled.

"Stop struggling, HeeSika!", "Then put your hands away!", "No need to get so mad, just a hug won´t kill you!", "You call that a hug?!"

We didn´t listen anymore as we decided to quietly leave the battlefield unnoticed. When the two whale fight, it´s the shrimp that ends up with a broken back. I silently thanked that ´Kangin´ guy for saving us and followed Hyukaje out of the forest.

I hoped that we would be back in the civilisation once we exited the woods but I was wrong. Instead of the city it was the lake that welcomed us. I sighed in frustration and even the always positive dancer didn´t look very amused. How were we supposed to cross the lake? We couldn´t go back, that was clear from the violent roaring coming from behind us. I gripped Hyukjae´s hand tighter. He returned the gesture by running soothing circles with his thumb over my knuckles. At least I wasn´t alone. We weren´t alone apparently because someone suddenly spoke from behind us. We both snapped and turned around.

"Ni hao!" Great, this guy is Chinese. Although Eunyhuk made it big in China, he was known for knowing only greetings and pick-up lines in mandarin. The black haired guy spoke again and from his gestures I guessed that he was offering us a ride. I looked at Eunyhuk who was already shaking his hand with the Chinese. I hope you know, what you are doing, Hyukjae.

Fortunately, the handsome foreigner was really offering us a ride and I was amazed by Eunyhuk who fluently answered in Chinese to the guys request for help with rowing. Eunyhuk then translated it for me ´rowing is as easy as eating´. Cool, isn´t he? But I had a bad feeling that it was the only sentence he knew. Anyway, we managed to sail onto the lake with a boat that was curved into a shape of dragon. The waters were calm so we somehow managed to start a 'discussion' with the sailor. His name was Hangeng and he had a younger brother who ran a shop in the city on the other side of the lake. We were stunned by our unexpected language skills and Hangeng was pleased that he had some fun after the long time he spent with Yesung, Kangin and HeeSika particularly.

We were nearing the other side of the beautiful lake already when Hangeng suddenly spoke up.

“Lovers?”

He asked in Chinese but we both understood since the word ´love´ is often pronounced in many songs, Eunyhuk´s song included. I blushed hard. Do we seem like lovers to him? I wanted to say something but the red head was faster. He grinned like a madman and back-hugged me and still with that stupid grin plastered on his face he snuggled closer to me! I thought that I would burst from embarrassment. I struggled from his hold and in an attempt to get rid of the monkey look-alike leech I stood up, which showed up to be a wrong move. The dragon boat was pretty narrow and standing up was the synonym for falling into the water, which I involuntarily did.

I was pretty sure I could swim, I was from Mokpo. Hell even my name had to do something with water! But right now I couldn´t do anything other than uselessly flail my arms and legs. My body was struggling but I still felt myself diving deeper into the lake. A horrible fear went through my body. I didn´t want to die in a place like this and especially I didn´t want to die by drowning. That would be humiliating and ironic. When I was starting to lose my hope a felt something touch me. I slowly opened my eyes but all I could see was darkness. Suddenly I felt my body being lifted up, slowly getting me from underwater. The bottom of the ship appeared in front of my almost closed eyes. Two strong arms pulled me up and onto the boat. I coughed violently and felt Hyukjae sooth me by patting my back gently. Then he said something strange.

“You are dismissed. Thanks for help,” he winked at someone behind me and I curiously turned around.

My eyes almost left their sockets. A huge shoal of small fishes was surrounding the boat. It almost seemed as if the lake went dark from their shadows. I took a closer look at them before they disappear. Anchovies?! Like for real? In the lake? So many of them? And listening to Hyukjae´s command? I turned back to the anchovy king to see his worried face.

“Sorry, Donghae,” he apologised. I nodded still frozen from his well hidden ability. He could make it big with this trick. I shook my head and looked ahead. We were almost there.

When the boat landed on the border, we thanked Hangeng and Hyukjae gave him a fist of anchovies to cook for dinner as a thanks. I was getting used to those little fishes. Then Eunhyuk decided that we should visit the rower´s brother in the town. He was supposed to have a shop there and we needed to buy some dry clothes for me.

We entered the small town. The houses had strange shapes as if they had a party and someone suddenly stopped the music. They were all crooked into strange shapes, it looked cute nevertheless. They had strange names on them and especially one caught my attention: Shindong´s genial PC Bang. What a strange name and even more strange advertisement. A huge placard with a chubby guy wearing a vampire costume. This town is really something.

It was easy to find the shop since it was the only house that had Chinese writing on it. The bell above the doors made a quiet ´ding´ when we opened them. Immediately we were attacked by a tall man with a huge smile on his face. His eyes were bent into half-moons and his long arms were spread as if he wanted to hug us. Eunhyuk once again pulled me behind his back and stood with a protective scowl on his face.

“Hey! I´m Zhoumi, this shop´s owner. What can I do for you?” Zhoumi wasn´t intimidated by the red head´s warning stare.

“I need some nice clothes for this boy,” Eunyhuk stepped aside but I felt that he was still on guard.

“No problem! Take a look and pick whatever you want,” Zhoumi gestured for us to take a look around.

Eunyhuk didn´t wait and took me by my hand deeper into the shop. Various clothes were hanged or neatly folded in rows. But the fashionista next to me didn´t look very pleased. He kept looking around but he didn´t like any of the models in the room. He turned around and threw a disappointed look at the shop owner. Zhoumi seemed to pick up the challenge and went to a big wooden wardrobe in the corner. It looked old and I was scared what could be inside. Zhoumi opened the doors of the wardrobe and I realised that it was a walk-in closet in reality. Eunhyuk clapped and entered the closet. He pulled me inside and closed the doors behind us. Then he picked out some clothes for me. Ripped jeans and a black hoodie with strange zippers on it. I was a bit confused by his simple choice when he made such a fuss over much extraordinary clothes stashed in the shop, but I understood his intention soon after I saw him try to open the back of the closet.

“Sorry, Donghae, I don´t have any more anchovies. We need to run,” he said before the desk holding the back of the wardrobe got smashed by his foot.

Then he took my hand again and we were on the run once again. We found another way out of the shop but continued sprinting because we heard Zhoumi yell behind us. People started getting curious and gathered on the street making it harder for us to escape. I thought we would get caught when someone signalled for us to hide in his house. We didn´t have much time to decide so we took the risk and headed towards a boy with a cute smile. We jumped into one of the crooked houses and the pink doors closed behind us.

“Hi, I´m Sungmin! Don´t be scared, you´re safe here strangers,” said our rescuer. He had brown hair and chubby cheeks decorated with a smile.

“Um, hello,” I mumbled not really knowing what say and Hyukjae must have been at loss for words too but apparently for a different reason. It took me only about three seconds to notice the same strange thing as him. The house was pink. And when I say pink, I mean like totally and absolutely flooded with pink colour. Walls, windows, furniture and carpet had different shades of the colour.

“Make yourself comfortable, I´ll make you a tea,” Sungmin said to destroy the silence created by our lack of conversation skills. But when he turned around I could see something even crazier. The guy had a bunny tail! You know that fluffy white cotton-like ball was glued to his . I jabbed Eunhyuk with my elbow to make him look too. He hissed but then sighed.

“A bunny, we are safe here. That´s great.”

“What do you mean?” I asked because I didn´t understand how it was possible for a guy to be a bunny and why would we be safe with him. Just the pink colour made me feel quite uncomfortable.

“Bunnies are harmless. Let´s rest here for a bit,” Hyukjae smiled at me and led me to the couch where we both sat and waited for Sungmin to bring us the tea.

“Here you go,” the bunny said and put two cups and a plate with strawberry biscuits in front of us. He told us that his personal kitchen goblin called Ryeowook baked them especially for us. The goblin has the ability to sense people´s taste and made the sweets perfect for our taste buds. Well, that sounds creepy. I decided to leave the biscuits for later and speak to the bunny first.

“Thanks,” I started, “and also thanks for help. My name is Donghae and this is Eunhyuk,” I introduced us and then continued with our story. Sungmin listened to me and didn´t even seem angried by the fact that we stole the clothes. He said something along the lines that the shop is overprized anyway. I calmed down a lot and decided to enjoy my tea and biscuits with the bunny and anchovy king by my side. I take it back, no anchovy brat! Hyukjae ate all the strawberry sweets while I was busy talking with Sungmin and only grinned sheepishly when I scolded him for that. What a kid, really.

“So we need to get you out of the town secretely,” Sungmin interrupted my useless scolding, Hyuk wasn´t paying attention to me anyway, and put on a serious face. He looked kinda smart this way and attractive. “I have a friend that could help us out, I´ll call him.”

And just as Sungmin said, his friend appeared in the pink nest later. He was slim and had long black hair, his smile was also very charming and his deep voice was enchanting. His name was Kibum and he agreed to help us out behind the borders of the town. He promised to give us his best horse.

I put on my hood and Hyukjae Sungmin´s cap. Camouflaged like this we left the pink house and met up with Kibum who had the horse prepared for us. I´ve never ridden a horse before but Eunhyuk seemed confident. I decided to trust his athletic abilities one more time and hoped that this time he wouldn´t facepalm the floor. It would hurt a lot more to fall from the horse. Eunyhuk climbed on the brown strong animal and helped me too. I sat behind him and hugged him tight, I was scared to fall down. Eunyhuk enjoyed the attention too. He encouraged the horse and it started to run.

It was very intelligent horse because we were safely away in just ten minutes. I could finally relax and with my arms around the slim boy driving the horse I could feel him relax too. I buried my head into the crook of his neck and closed my eyes. Romantic violin started playing from somewhere.

“Yah! No mushing on my back you little fish!” An unfamiliar voice startled me.

“Who was that?” I asked immediately.

“Me, Siwon, who else is there?” The voice said again and only then I realised that it was the horse talking! I pulled myself a bit further from Hyukjae which caused a lonely whine coming from the boy.

“Okay, don´t whine. You can be all lovey-dovey when I put you down in a little bit. Bear with it for now,” Siwon was annoyed.

“Where are you taking us?” Eunyhuk asked the horse.

“To someone who could help you out of this world,” Siwon answered in a low voice. So we are in a different world? How is that possible? These things happen only in movies, it can´t be real.

Siwon, the strongest and the most handsome horse I´ve ever seen, ran with us through the plains and small forests. The wind was playing with Hyukjae´s red hair and it kept tickling my face. It was nice and I kept hugging his waist so he would stay warm and protected from the cold. Although the dancer was pretty muscular, his body was very slim and skinny making it easy for the wind to make him shiver.

Suddenly the horse came to a halt. Hyukjae almost went flying if I wasn´t holding him by the hips. We looked up to find out why Siwon stopped abruptly and found a lanky boy standing in front of us. The tall boy with white skin smirked and at that moment we were dropped on the ground.

“Sorry guys, you´re on your own from now on!” Siwon yelled and in a second he was gone. Great, now what? And who´s this creeper anyway?

“Well, what do we have here? A fish and a monkey, what a cute duo. Are you doing a show?” The tall guy laughed. I laughed secretly too remembering Eunyhuk´s little talent show with anchovies.

“Who are you?” My companion bravely asked and stood up. He cleared his throat awkwardly when he realised that the creeper was still taller than him.

“I´m GameKyu and I´m the greatest wizard around here. Fear me and I´ll maybe spare your lives,” Kyu laughed evilly. But Hyukjae didn´t want to give up so easily and let out an evil laugh himself.

“Muhehehehehehehe!”

The wizard was a bit taken aback by his reaction. Never had he met anyone who could fight his evil laugh so well. It was Hyukjae´s personal talent and finally it became useful.

“I see, you are quite good. Now try this!” Kyu said and started doing something I guessed was a dance. His body was turned with his side to us in a MJ pose and with those charismatic eyes he started hip ing. Again music started playing from somewhere, the rhythm sounded like this: bo-na-ma-na-bo-na-ma-na. I´m not really sure because my mind went blank the moment Eunyhuk took up this challenge. I already told you what a great dancer he is, right? The y interpretation of GameKyu´s dance he did in front of my eyes made me want to have him pinned on the ground right that moment. I hold myself back though, we had a battle to win first.

“Alright! This time you won´t beat me!” the wizard roared, his face was full of anger and maybe a bit red from the sight of the incredible dancer standing in front of him.

Before Hyukjae could say anything a laptop appeared in his hands. I came closer to him and took a look at the screan. The World of Warcraft. We are doomed.

“Don´t worry, Donghae. I´ll protect you no matter what, it´s a promise,” this was the last time Hyukjae smiled at me before he sat on the ground and started moving his long fingers along the keyboard.

Kyuhyun was laughing hysterically while typing on his own laptop. I was massaging Hyukjae´s shoulders. I wiped the sweat from his forehead and tucked the red strands of his hair behind his ears. We were losing and the situation looked really bad. Then the screen showed the results. We lost. Hyukjae´s voice hitched and he jumped up and wrapped his arms around my neck crying. I hugged him back and closed my eyes. We were waiting for the wizard to finish us but nothing happened.

I opened my eyes and patted the red haired crybaby to do the same. He slightly pulled out from me and we both watched a beautiful figure descend to us. It was an angel, no doubt about it. He had white wings and a dimple appeared on his cheek following the smile. He was watching us with knowing eyes and I felt safe and comfortable in his presence. Even Hyukjae stopped crying and opted for a very uncool sniffling with snot and all.

“It´s time to wake up, Donghae,” the angel told me. To wake up? But I´m awake. I didn´t understand him he kept smiling and suddenly Kyu was gone and the laptop and the floor and sky and even Hyukjae disappeared from my hold. I panicked. Tears went out of my eyes and I didn´t know what to do anymore when the angel dispersed himself into the air with a quiet violin in the background.

“Nooo!”

I screamed and breathed in. I was awake! It was just a dream! I turned my head to the side and let out a sigh. He was there safe and sound. I brought up my hand and cleaned a few strands of the red hair out of his face. A groan escaped his pouting lips and his long arms moved over my body and pulled me closer to him. I hummed in contentment from the contact and took his head into my hands. Then I tensed. There was something on his cheek that was pressed to the pillow. I brought it out from under his head, it was properly drooled on, and took a look. It was a silver coin with a strange writing on one side and a cute monkey on the other. Pretty familiar coin I would say. Does that mean.. Drums became louder as my heart started beating faster. Boom Boom. I couldn´t take it anymore and screamed.

 

“ Henry! Get the hell out with all those instruments!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry guys, I know it´s not very funny story but I couldn´t help myself. Blame the stress and Eunyhuk´s birthday. :D