Final.

Moonlight

 

 

 


 

"....Good night. And this was Pureunbam Jonghyun ibnida." He tugged his headphones off and began arranging the papers on his desk.

 

 

Tonight's broadcast went fine, with many listeners greeting him a happy birthday.

 

 

The staffs then lined up in front of him, with a cake onhand and sang a birthday song, surprising Jonghyun. "Happy Birthday, Jonghyun-ssi." They said, handing their gift to the birthday boy.

 

"Make a wish." He heard the main producer's voice and he silently made his wish. He blew the candles and the staffs cheered.

 

 

He bowed and thanked them for the surprise and for today's work. They chatted for a few more minutes and called it a night.


 

 

 

Driving back home was one of the things Jonghyun hated the most in his work. Because driving late at night also means driving alone in the deserted highway. 

 

 

But this time, he wasn't driving back to his parents' house. But back to their dorm.

 

 

He tuned in his favorite song, the one his beloved sung — his favorite. The soft melody and his boyfriend's voice was a lullaby to him. And that's when he'll feel he's not alone anymore.
 

 

Dalalala la laladalalala la lala
Dalalala la laladalalala la lala

 

 

It feels like my breath will stop
My face blooms in the moonlight

 

 

At some point,
the past is separating us but
In my trembling heart, you sway in
my heart like a stream of water

 

 

Just like that, just like that, I will
stand behind you, for always
Just like that, just like that, I will
always be a step behind you, for always

 

 

Dalalala la laladalalala la lala
Dalalala la laladalalala la lala

 

 

It feels like my breath will stop
My face blooms in the moonlight

 

 

Just like that, just like that, I will
stand behind you, for always
Just like that, just like that, I will
always be a step behind you, for always

 

 

Dalalala la laladalalala la lala
Dalalala la laladalalala la lala


 

 


 

Jonghyun sighed as he opened the door. It was already 4am and he knows s will be up sooner. With Kibum's ongoing ToHeart prmotions and the other members' solo schedules.

 

 

He drags himself to his shared room with Taemin. His eyes, drooping from sleepiness and body begging for sleep. But then, his insomnia will kick in and do whatever it takes to keep him up whether he likes it or not.

 

 

He opens the door and found it empty. He supposed he's gonna be alone for now.

 

 

The birthday boy washed himself and prepared for bed — only to toss and turn repeatedly. He grabs his trusty notebook and began to draft some lyrics he'll probably left unfinished by the end of the day.

 

 

As he was busy writing, he didn't even noticed that one person is already awake, standing by his door and staring at him for a long time.

 

 

That was until he heard the other chuckled.

 

 

His eyes shoot up at the sound, eyeing the person by his door. "Jinki?" He asked. He isn't sure if it was really Jinki due to the darkness of the dorm.

 

The person made his way towards Jonghyun and that's when the latter realized that it was indeed Jinki. "It's still early. Why are you already awake?"

 

Jinki pouted cutely, his hair sticking into different directions. "It's already 5, Jjongie... Why are you still awake?" Jinki yawned.

 

"I just got back from MBC and you know, my insomnia.. how about you?"

 

Jinki left the question unanswered and took the notebook and writing materials from Jonghyun. "Jinki.. I'm still composing."

 

Jinki then nudges him to make room, which his body automatically complied. "Let's sleep."

 

 

Jinki forced Jonghyun to lay down, nuzzling his face by the crook of the younger's neck.

 

 

"But —" The leader hugged him tight, stopping him from saying anything.

 

"....sleep." It was the last thing he heard the older one said before he felt his soft breaths by his neck.

 

 

With the sun rising above the sky, he knows there's gonna be a lot of surprises in store for today. But then again, he knows that there is a possibility that Jinki did forget it was his birthday today. 

 

 

He didn't mind though.

 

 

Afterall, he already got his gift. And there's always a plenty of birthdays to come that he and Jinki will celebrate — together.

 

 

Driving back home was one of the things Jonghyun hated the most in his work. Because driving late at night also means driving alone in the deserted highway. 

 

 

But with Jinki in his arms by the time he'll go to bed, he'll never feel alone but rather feel loved. As always.