Age to Age

Particular Days

Of all the miscellaneous events and outcomes of life, it has come to this moment; Baekhyun: fully dressed in a slick, authentic silk vest, white pants to match along with a small bouquet of flowers in the pocket of the vest, giving a flaming blast of  aesthetic and liveliness to the bland colouring choice of clothing. Tranquillity was simply put as a basic vocabulary to the many words utilised to express the atmosphere of the beautiful church; vibrant beams of sunlight radiating off the stained glass artworks, cascading majestic shadows over the marble floor. The sun's light reflected off the crystal chandeliers, luminating the room from what little darkness remained; like the scenery from the high heavens itself. Despite all the white, all the light, the one and only light that shun brightest to the eyes of Baekhyun- his undying Spica, was staring right back at him, with glassy eyes as his smiled sincerely at his lover; a smile so genuine- waiting at the front of the alter.

 

Of all the miscellaneous events and outcomes of life, two families were to unite as one today.

 

The concept of love has always been to intricate in the minds of Baekhyun; what started as two complete strangers being acquainted with each other accumulated to two complete lovers promising vows to lead a faithful life, even amongst the afterlife.

 

The days seemed too short yet too long, but in this moment, Baekhyun was eagerly standing at the end of the aisle, playing with the hem of his beautiful outcome that hugged comfortable against his slim body. The audience had stood up, all facing towards the end of the hall as the familiar tone to everyone's ears filled the church. Baekhyun, covering his flaming face to cover the tearful smile, slowly waltz his way towards a particular giant with elf ears whom was waiting for him at the front. This moment had only been yet another of the many delusional fantasies the smaller boy had hoped to experience, but acknowledging the silly dream itself seemed ever so surreal. The sounds of the wedding chimes as the organs played its tunes and the man that he longed for waiting to take him forever made his feet weaker as he shyly made his way to the front with his father by his side.

 

He was introduced with his overly-idiotic friends sending him knowing smiles as they wriggled their eyebrows at him as soon as they stole the opportunity to when he had looked to his right-hand side. Despite their idiocy in this formal matter, the boy could clearly sense the pride they had for him in this moment. Heck, even the maknae had a sweet, soft smile on in contrast with the usual, dumb thing he did with his pouty mouth along with his stern, emotionless face. Baekhyun shook his head as he laughed to himself, looking down towards the ground to keep in his tears of joys from rolling out too early. At moments like these, friends: in spite of being able to come and go as life progresses, really are inevitably put into the disposition of being considered as family- and Baekhyun happily obliged to that.

 

Baekhyun took in everything, all the tiny little details: from the stunning beauty of his man in front of him that eagerly stared back at him with googly eye, adjusting his tie to fight the maddening urge to scoop his little pup into his arms and swing him in circles to his little baby cousins trying to stay awake half the time. He wanted this moment to last forever, to remain embedded in his memory forever- simply wanting to live in the absolute merriment and joyousness of the situation: to have the undying contentment linger as long as possible. But Baekhyun had already found that sense of happiness, because Chanyeol was the embodiment of everything he wanted; everything that he needed.

 

In fact, Park Chanyeol was more than what he could ever ask for- and if this labels Baekhyun as a selfish being, then to hell with it because Baekhyun only wanted Chanyeol for himself and vice versa.

 

What seemed like an eternity finally came to an end as Baekhyun giddily made his way to the end of the aisle, looking up only to lock with the pearly eyes. Baekhyun's father eyes softened as he saw the picture perfect family in future times. He loved Chanyeol just like the son he was to be. His hands rose to comfortably scratch Chanyeol's hair, coming in contact with the silky strands flowing through the gaps of his fingers as his eyes spoke the words that could not be put to words: the pride, the happiness, the love, the perfection. Despite the support anyone had ever given Baekhyun, Chanyeol was yet an exception. It was as though Chanyeol was the key to a whole new world Baekhyun had yet to experience; but Baekhyun was more than happy in this newly introduced world in which he welcomed with open arms, and that was all that mattered to Baekhyun's father.

 

"I hand Baekhyun to you now," Was simply put to words as Baekhyun's father trailed his way to the sidelines, accompanying his family members who were all dressed beautifully. Youth of the summer was a trait in which ran in Baekhyun's family, and although the older man's words just seconds ago were oversimplified- Chanyeol knew that there were deeper contentions to his simple choice of words.

 

He has handed Baekhyun to me. I swear to this day, Baekhyun will be my responsibility: his smiles, his laughter, his everything. I will be the one who will protect him.

 

Being dragged out of his inner thoughts by the under-conceit, barbaric laughter of his idiotic friends accompanied with a fragile giggle just in front of him forced him back to the reality of his muddled hair. Hastily nudging his thick bundle of hair back into its physical appearance before a certain man had distorted its beauty, the giant was quick to perfectly reposition his styled jet black-hair.

 

Baekhyun, arms crossed with eyebrows arched as he watched the klutz before his very eyes in amusement, simply smiled at the little insecure antics his lover did before his eyes. Truth by truth, he himself was a ball of utter nervousness, but knowing the fact that he wasn't the only one put his little pity-patty heart at ease.

 

Overly-conceit giant. My overly-conceit giant.

 

Their fingers intertwined, the way they naturally fit against each other: as though they had their own magnetic field which attracted them to naturally pull together. It was a silly hypothesis, Baekhyun admitted, yet he couldn't care less as he basked in the glory of the moment. He was going to get married, to the only person in this world he would ever take.

 

Baekhyun found it hilarious that throughout the little fantasy they had spent together, throughout their lives, it was ever so difficult in this situation to look into the eyes of someone you saw every day. He craved the attention and shining eyesight of his giant elf every moment, yet it was strange how at the most valuable moment of his life- he could not pull himself into simply looking in one general direction.

 

Finally, what seemed to be decades apart, the two males eyesight locked. To those who surrounded them, their contact between eyesight lasted seconds, yet through the perspectives of our lovers, seconds dragged out to minutes who prolong to hours; accumulating to what felt like an eternity. And if this is what their little eternity felt like: relentless love as their thunderous hearts spoke the melodies of their undying promise for each other, then this eternity was worth living through; so long as they have each other's faith to guide them through their life long journey, even in the afterlife.

 

"Hi."

 

That was all Baekhyun could muster up in the muddled brain of his. He could only picture his brain as gears jammed tightly together as he simply couldn't make the connections between what he wanted to say to words.

 

"You look...beautiful." Chanyeol gently took Baekhyun's smooth hands, slowly bending down as he slowly pecked the knuckles of fist, each kiss adding to the thunderous pace of Baekhyun’s heart.

 

It was funny how this was an initiative Chanyeol has bestowed upon himself to do every morning. When they're tangled up in their sheets and limbs, messy bed-haired Chanyeol would always be the one to start the brightness of Baekhyun’s day, and the one to end the day- a recurring cycle nonetheless Baekhyun couldn’t possible start without.

 

The moment seemed so flawless; each passing second worthy of savouring as sweet memories of memorable past events shine clearly as if they living in the moment; replaying the highlights of what life had gifted for them- each other.

 

Of all miscellaneous events and outcomes of life, Baekhyun reminisced how everything accumulated to his moment- how each passing year became a stepping block to the husband he was to soon have; the stepping blocks to something so beautiful- the stepping blocks of love.

 

 

--

 

Age: 4

 

A tiny little Baekhyun- with a tiny Pororo bag whilst rocking the red and white striped umbrella shirt stared at the horror in front of him. With all efforts, the younger boy tried ever so desperately to give the best dejected puppy face, like a soaked little dog being left in the rain of a stormy night, climatically only to have his efforts be put to vain. To the eyes of others, by the looks of Baekhyun's face, many would have assumed the boy was being physically and verbally abused in every humane way possible- but really, Baekhyun just didn't want to go to his first day of school. Associating himself with people wasn't necessarily his cup of tea; well Sippy Cup of apple juice in Byun Baekhyun's matter because Mummy Baek said he's too clumsy and small therefore only 'big people' get to use glass cups. Also Little Baekhyun thinks tea tasted like poison water. Not that he ever had any experience with that; only that one time where he mistaken a bottle of soy sauce with his yummy blackcurrant juice. The traumatic taste has forever lingered on his little, pink tongue- much like his trust for people.

Baekhyun preferred keeping himself secluded to majority of people- little Baekhyun already knew that people were going to come and go, and with that matter; he preferred only opening up to his family members. Despite this, Baekhyun wouldn't lie, it would be nice to have a best buddy following you around; a loyal friend who wouldn't get annoyed at his constant clingy demeanour.

 

Clinging ever so desperately onto his mother's leg, Baekhyun's mother limped her way to the entrance of the school.

"MUMMA YOU CANT MAKE ME DO THIS, I PROMISE I'LL TO WASH THE DISHES!!!! Well, I don't know how to wash the dishes...and I usually get dishes and bowls mixed up but...WE CAN WORK SOMETHING OUT."

Mama Baek just seemed totally unpaved, as though she did not have a meter tall breathing tumour temporarily and tenaciously attached to her aching leg.

"Baekhyun, you know you're going to have to start school at a certain point of your life now I don't want you to seem like those slower kids that stay back grades if you start school any later!! Now I'm going to leave you at school okay? Be a good boy for me."

Rejected, Baekhyun simply let go with a light kick that did very minimal and pathetic damage; walking off with his arms crossed as he had his nose up in the air and chest pushed out in pride.

"FINE. You can just leave me here to die from boringness!!!!! When you come pick me up and see my skeleton you'll know what happened!!!"

His little eyes were closed stubbornly, opening one eye slightly to take the smallest ever peak of what he expected his mum's reaction to be.

Baekhyun's mum simply just smiled. 'Oh he's just like a mini me."

"Okay, Baek."

Baekhyun turned around, his little limps simply lying dead as he stared with the slightest sight of amusement.

"What the, mummy you were supposed to encourage me to go with you, not abandoned me!!"

"Now now Baek-a-poo, some amateur-level reverse psychology isn't going to work on mummy and you know that very well. Now run along, OH look at the time I got to go to work now so be brave my little boy."

"But mummy you're not wearing a watch at the moment and you don't have to work because you're a housewife, which means you're unemployed which means you're-"

"BYE BYE NOW."

Baekhyun's mum simply ran away like a track-star athletic, which was really ironic considering all the moments of lazily binge watching k-dramas and crying to herself on how perfect Lee Minho is (which if Baekhyun was very honest, he thought looked like a poodle in Boys Over Flowers.( But a PRETTY poodle.)

 

Walking into his classroom felt as though all eyes were turned into his general direction, eyes snarling Baek up and down as though critically embedding their irrational judgements but really, Baekhyun was just being melodramatic and everyone else was about right in their own little world doing finger paintings.

It wasn't until his eyes had locked with the googly pair of another boy. It was hard to believe this boy was of the same year level judging by his ridiculous height in comparison to the normality of what you expect from a 4 YEAR OLD, then again this could have just been plain, old, cynical Baekkie. "Yes I'm old, I'm a big boy now I have to be brave." Baekhyun would reconsolidate to himself when in moments of crisis.

The larger boy practically stopped his currently activity abruptly just for the sake of introducing himself to this very pretty boy he has never seen around. Fixing the frame of his glasses as he did touch ups to his bowtie, he walked his way in front of Baekhyun, not before tripping of course because let's be honest, these limp noodle legs don't lie. Despite the fact that NO ONE chooses to wear something as tedious and formal as a tie to a casual-clothed school, Baekhyun could tell this kid was going to be an absolute fruitcake, and he wasn’t sure whether or not he was mentally prepared for it.

"ELLO!! You must be new here! Well obviously you are because I would remember such a cute puppy face if I saw it around! Ah me and my straightforwardness! I'm Chanyeol, Park Chanyeol!! And you are?

Do you ever have those moments where you feel so uncomfortable and interrogated to the brink where every word which is attempted at uttering just seems to be a hopeless case? Well currently, Baekhyun was faced with this catastrophe.

Chanyeol pouted, pretending to comb his imaginary beard as though he was Gandalf or something. Baekhyun could already tell Chanyeol wasn't one of them ordinary kids; he was special, and not for best as he’d hope for the sake of his sanity but for the worst.

"Hmmmm not much of a talker are you? I got an idea!! If you were want to do something, just point to yourself and give a thumbs up! That way I know!

Baekhyun only stared as though invaded of his personal space, but nevertheless agreed to what mischief Chanyeol had in mind. Quite frankly he was tired of sports but in the means of getting to know his fellow peers, Baekhyun knew he had to make sacrifices so he simply nodded, causing Chanyeol to clap in glee. Baekhyun almost did not realise how big Chanyeol's eyes were in proportion to his head- not particularly huge but more so popping out of his head; like a dog alert at all times.

"And he calls ME a puppy." Baekhyun thought to himself as he smiled, picturing the sight of the energetic boy before him protectively on patrol as though protecting the owner whom they see as the most valuable object in their lifespan.

"Great!! I was thinking we could perhaps play dress up...I'm tired of all the sporty stuff!! Who said boys can't like girly things?"

 

Did Baekhyun really just hear that? Before he could even begin to fathom what other surprises this boy whom Baekhyun barely knew, which might he add irrationally criticised mentally just mere seconds ago, dragged him off to the play station that was predominantly populated by girls.

 

Despite scaring off a few girls here and there for having “boy germs” and “cooties”, childish derogatory was simply ignored between the two as they enjoyed the innocence and bliss of each other’s warming and welcoming presence.

 

“I guess he isn’t bad after all. Maaaaaaaybe I quiet like him as a friend.” Baekhyun thought to himself as he watched Chanyeol’s face of adversity due to the abnormally long pearl necklace in which he somehow gotten his limbs all tangled in, which left him incompetent.

 

On this particular day, it seems as though Baekhyun has found someone much more soothing to cling to rather than his mother's smelly leg.

 

 

--

 

Age: 6

 

Saying Baekhyun felt like an utter piece of poop-made-on-his-front-lawn-by-the-neighbours-dog was a total understatement. You would know when you accidentally shatter the pieces of your best friend's most cherished toy, helplessly watching as the pieces of cotton slowly trickle it's light weight onto the mahogany floor- much like the atmosphere in which was uplifting just mere seconds ago.

Chanyeol had been such a great friend in the short time they had been friends. Chanyeol was and will always be one of those people who were about to turn such a short, memorable time frame into a lifetime of unforgettable happiness. Whether it was something as silly as running around the house from Baek's mum as they cross-dressed in her clothing to things as simple as having Pokemon battle over their Nintendo DS'. All he knew was that every moment Chanyeol spent, he spent to make Baekhyun and Baekhyun only happy. So to do the kind-hearted boy any wasn't only a slap across the fact, it was much more painful- like a stab right through the soul. A stab in which Baekhyun was sure he was feeling at this moment.

In the midst of the situation, the tiny boy was so distraught, seeing his usually 'Happy Virus' friend's demeanour fault as he blankly stared down to the remains of what was left of one of his most prized-possessed toys.

 

Baekhyun was waltzing his tiny little way up and down the hallway. Chanyeol had temporarily locked himself in his bedroom- something he only did when he was deeply upset or had a small disagreement with his parents. What hurt Baekhyun most was the fact that during these unfortunate events, Baekhyun was always attentively ready to comfort his friend; so not given the opportunity to initiate in being there for the one true person he could ever feel any deep connection for hurt more than stepping on his Lego blocks (which was agonizingly painful).

Time just simply seemed like a punishment for each ticking second of clock added to Baekhyun’s guilty conscience for what he had made his friend go through. In the midst of his reconsolidation, Baekhyun had planned out his apology; to be as suave and sincere as possible- he knew he had to lose Chanyeol sometime in his life but it wasn’t going to be today and it wasn’t going to be any time soon either (never would be a very good option was well.)

 

Baekhyun stood in front of the wooden door and knocked softly. He didn’t want to risk annoying Chanyeol more than he probably already had. The door was hastily opened, revealing Chanyeol which an indescribable expression on his face. Baekhyun took the time to take note of the height difference in just a few years- it seemed as though Baekhyun just didn’t grow at all because with each possible day, the boy just seemed to grow taller and taller-which wasn’t even far because the boy didn’t even like milk. Baekhyun gulped, feeling the heavy weight he was fighting in his stomach progressively accumulating the more he stared at Chanyeol, much like his heart. It wasn’t until Baekhyun locked eyes with Chanyeol, seeing evidence of dried tears did Baekhyun unleash. To hell with the planned words he had scripted out, his priorities in life was to make Chanyeol better, and if he had to embarrass himself on the way to do so then to the deed must be done.

 

Baekhyun fell onto his knees crying, releasing the pain that had been building up during Chanyeol’s absence.

"CHANYEOLLIE IM REARRY REARRY SORRY FOR WHAT I DID. IT WAS AN ACCIDENT. PWEASE DON'T HATE ME, PWEASE-"

"Baekkie-"

 

The little kid fell onto the carpet as he ranted about how terrible of a person he thought he was. Chanyeol was conflicted as to what to think: whether he should feel bad for working up his friend so bad or just laughing at how darn cute Baekhyun look in the midst of his mini tantrum- like a dejected puppy left soaked in the rain.

 

"CHANYEOL IM REARRY SORRY JUST PWEASE. PLEASE DONT MAKE ME LEAVE. YOURE THE BESTEST THING IVE EVER HAD AND I DONT WANT TO LOSE YOU AND YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND AND MY ONLY BEST FRIEND AND NO ONE ELSE CAN BE BECAUSE I AM AND AND AND-"

 

Amongst his river of tears and endless supply of snot, Baekhyun left his face come into contact with Chanyeol who, if Baekhyun was not mistaken, had a smile of his chubby face.

 

"I can't believe that you could think such a thing!!" Chanyeol announced as he pushed the smaller pups face together with his one hand. Little Baekhyun could only wonder how distorted his face look at the moment but why did he care?

 

"I love you, I promise!!"

 

Baekhyun, face now not only all scrunched up but tinted with the rosy pink pigment that can only be known as blushing, was unsure whether or not Chanyeol's words were only in means of making him feel better for his 'crimes'. But then again if this was the Chanyeol he was growing to love with each play date they had, Baekhyun would know that Chanyeol was sincere with each word that rolled off of that cute, little tongue of his.

 

"*sniff* So then, you will love me forever, no matter what? What if I do something really really bad though??  Like, I’m not sure, forget to feed your Tamagotchi and it dies and you have to start all over again??”

 

Little Chanyeol chuckled, something that always put Baekhyun at ease when he was storming up with anxiety. It felt nice: warm and cuddly, just like the person his Channie was. Lovingly his smooth hair to comfort the little boy from his mini tantrum, a habit in which he had grown to be fond of, he spoke to the boy- casting words that possibly foreshadowed their future; yet the naivety of their youth shrouded their understanding of real emotion.

 

"Gosh you're so silly, Baekkie. I don't love you FORever, I love you FIVEever. Because five is more than four, just like my love for you!!"

 

On this day, Chanyeol had stated his declaration of his love for Baekhyun 'FIVEever', oblivious that with each passing day, the value of his love grew in quantity.

 

--

 

Age: 8

 

"Come and catch me, Bacon~"

 

"YAAAH!! STAHP TEASING YOUR HYUNG! AND NO FAIR, YOUR LEGS ARE TOO LONG. SLOW DOWN PLEASE I HAVE LITTLE LEGS."

 

Baekhyun would have thought that Chanyeol's growth spurt in height would have lessen each year but it just seemed as though he got taller and taller the more he saw him! At this point, Baekhyun was worried his dongsaeng was going to be too tall that his legs would be longer than Baekhyun himself. But at this moment, the derpy growing giant-dinosaur-human hybrid thing was using his advantaged trait to his favour. Talk about natural selection.

 

"If you can't catch me, you're a rotten egg~."

 

"NAH-AH. YOU'RE A ROTTEN EGGYEOL, AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO CHANGE THAT."

 

The two were aimlessly exhausting each other whilst running around a couch. Thought you would think they would get bored, their presence amongst each other was enough to keep them energised and happy; motivated to play with each other.

 

"BACON HYUNG CAN'T GET ME~"

 

"WELL I CAN DO ANYTHING, JUST WATCH- WOAH."

 

The loud collision of a body against the floor caused an abrupt stop from a previously excited Chanyeol, shockingly staring at his friend laying face first on the floor, not willing to move.

 

Seeing his little puppy Baekkie in pain pained Chanyeol just as much as the physical pain in which Baekhyun dealt with.

 

"Owie"

 

The verbal sound of Baekhyun's pained mourn awoke Chanyeol of whatever trance he had himself mentally cornered in.

“Baekhyun are you okay??”

Baekhyun looked up, a clear reddening on his forehead on his forehead, Baekhyun lowering his head trying to hide his physically pained face as he bit down on his lips, emitting soft whines as a result of his collision on the floor.

Baekhyun didn’t even get the opportunity to cry before Chanyeol pushed his chin up as he delicately placed a sweet, soft kiss on the forming limp of Byun Baek’s forehead.

The feeling Baekhyun got every time Chanyeol did something as sweet as this was indescribable. It made his face heat up so rapidly to the extent that he found it uncomfortable. The rhythm of his thunderous, beating heart made Baekhyun think of possible heart diagnoses he could potentially have at such a young age. Yet worst was this unique feeling he had at the bottom of his stomach? It was complicated to say the least. It felt feverishly light, something that may sound devastatingly uncomfortable which was weird- because it didn’t. It was a feeling he enjoyed having: a feeling which made him feel desired, appreciated and admired, only happening in the presence of Chanyeol himself.

But Baekhyun was no doctor and he couldn’t piece together whatever sickness had Baekhyun feeling like this. All he needed to take care of at the moment was the blazing heat of his warm cheeks.

 

“My mummy told me kissing a oo makes it feel better. I guess I just helped with that!!

Chanyeol’s mummy was right, his oo did feel better.

 

"Oh and by the way, tag."

 

On this particular day, Chanyeol couldn’t ever have been happy enough in his life to have the most important person in his life pick him. /In a game of tag. /

 

--

 

 

Age: 10

 

As if Baekhyun did not have to face so much pain during his very small lifetime, but every student of the entire school body were lining up for yearly vaccinations. Chanyeol seemed totally fine, absolutely fine with the fact that bloody screams and crying were echoing from the nurses office. It’s not like Baekhyun found the pain excruciating, just the idea of a piercing needle being forced through your blood stream as you could feel the liquid flow into your body so freaking cringe-worthy. It made him nervous to the brink of planning his eventual escape, but that wasn’t possible with a certain idiot derp holding him down my his shoulders.

“Chanyeol.” Baekhyun struggled as he tried to make Chanyeol let go. Chanyeol is still a lot taller than Baekhyun which Baekhyun likes to believe he was a late bloomer. There is always hope for the hopelessly short like Baekhyun.

Chanyeol laughed, watching the smaller boy’s pitiful attempts at escaping something that was obviously inevitable. “Oh come on Baekhyun it’s not going to get that bad! Plus I’m not going to risk having you die of some unknown disease; not today mister!!”

“Not today just like how I’m not going to have my injections today now LET GO OF ME!!”

Baekhyun watched in horror as he came closer and closer to the nurses office with each child finishing off with their injections. Some kids in front of him were laughing at their friends as they were laughing but let’s be honest, it’s not funny when you’re the next one in line.

 

“Okay, here’s the deal. We’ll go in together and I’ll have my mine first then you after, is that fair? Then I’ll have a surprise for you afterwards!”

Baekhyun seemed highly sceptical to say the least, but this was Chanyeol- the last person Baekhyun would ever suspect of to ever condone pain nor violence, so he took Chanyeols word and went along with the plan.

 

It didn’t take long before Baekhyun was already sitting on the nurses bench with a sleeve up, ready to be injected. Chanyeol had done his with ease, as though completely unaware of the METALIC, SHARP INSTRUMENT THAT HAS BEEN STABBED THROUGH HIS FLESH.

The intense atmosphere was identified the moment Chanyeol spotted Baekhyun physically paling, scooting away from the nurse with each step she took towards him, an obvious indication that Baekhyun was highly uncomfortable with the situation. Thus Chanyeol did what he had to do.

Before Baekhyun could spontaneously faint, Chanyeol solemnly reached out for the afraid boy, him from his hair all the way down to his back, taken in the fact that the boys shoulders has eased and his back was no longer tense. If he was not mistaken, he could hear tiny purs coming from the little boy, one of the many little things Chanyeol found absolutely adorable about the little kid.

“You pur like a cat yet you have the face of a puppy? Ahh Baek you’re just so mix-mashed, just like us.”  Chanyeol thought to himself.

 

Chanyeol held Baekhyun’s shaking arms as he braced himself for the injection, comforting the boy as much as possible.

“You’ll be fine this will be done in a matter for second-“A yelp was heard before Chanyeol had the chance to finish off his sentence, signalling the completion of Baekhyun’s yearly vaccination.

 

Judging by Baekhyun’s pouty face, Chanyeol would have guessed Baekhyun to be going through some sort of post-trauma after his needle- that or he was just being his whiny, cute self which Chanyeol would strongly side with the latter.

 

This didn’t falter so quickly for Baekhyun was still being sulky right until the end of school. Chanyeol wouldn’t have lied, he did quite enjoy seeing this side of Baekhyun but nevertheless, he had to be the one to result this…problem?

 

Chanyeol stopped Baekhyun walking out of his class halfway before he could progress into the main foyer of the school any further.

“Let’s go get a Happy Meal from Macdonalds! This is my surprise for you!”

 

Baekhyun had an eyebrow raised, still sceptical of Chanyeol after all this time.

“But Channie I don’t have any money! I spend my last dollar on a packet of Pokemon cards.” Baekhyun looked down, feeling sad that he couldn’t please his friend with his planned out event.

 

“No, silly, I’ve been saving up for the both of us!! Since you’re in a sad mood let’s eat a Happy Meal since Happy Meals make you happy okie dokie? NOW ONWARDS!!”

 

On this particular day,  Baekhyun considered Chanyeol to be the best Happy Meal to have ever exist.

 

--

 

Age: 12

 

"Baekhyun, I know you're really scared."

 

"I-I-I'm fine, let's just go to sleep."

 

It was typical for the two boys to be sleeping over at each other's. Chanyeol's mum practically treats Baekhyun like her own adopted son and made her declaration of love for him a tad ever too obvious. Not that Baekhyun minded but at times, a certain perky-eared elf could be jealous. Though unlike normal days, the boys decided to rock a horror movie on this night. It sounded like a great idea at first, but that was before all the blood-shrieked screaming came along with the psychopathic masked killer. Reminisces of sceneries of the horrid scenes were left tainted in his mind as he made his way to Chanyeol's bedroom as they went to sleep.

 

The two boys had two futons set up on the floor. Despite there being a huge bed in Chanyeol's room, the taller refused to sleep on it, simply saying he wanted to sleep where Baekhyun was; hense why they were both camped out on the floor.

 

The two nestled up in their respective futons, Baekhyun seemingly preoccupied with his feared thoughts as Chanyeol stared at him worryingly.

 

 

Having enough of seeing Baekhyun so scared and shaking under his sheets, the taller boy stood up and carried the boy bridal style to his abandoned bed. Baekhyun, totally not expecting Chanyeol to do such a thing, rather yelped cutely as he held onto the giant for support. He didn't want his Channie to get hurt because of him and his big, Nicki-Minaj, . Yes, you really can make the correlation between their asses.

 

"Here." Chanyeol handed him his favourite Rilakkuma doll, the same one he had accidentally ripped all those years ago. Feeling the stitches sown on its arm to keep the shredded piece together, Baekhyun spoke with uncertainty. He knew Chanyeol probably wouldn't be getting the necessary sleep needed without his Rilakkuma.

 

"B-but Chanyeol, how will you sleep? You need your Rilakumma!"

 

No words were exchanged as Chanyeol too got onto his bed, lifting the blanket so it was sure to cover the entirety of them both. It was only when Chanyeol scooped his little pup into his arms as he had pushed him against his chest did Baekhyun finally speak up. His words were caught up as he was fighting back the intense heat passing through his cheeks along with the thumping of his heart. He could have sworn he heard Chanyeol's too against his own chest.

 

"Chanyeol what are y-you-"

 

"Shhhhhh don't talk. I'm making you feel better. I knew you were scared. Why wouldn't I? I know you the best! So here I am, here to protect you through the evilness of the night! Hehehe just go to sleep, pup. Good night!"

 

Though Baekhyun wanted to retort, the taller boy further gathered his pup into his arms as he closed his eyes, peeking to see if the older was too. Chanyeol was right, Baekhyun did feel better, he felt protected and...loved. He wanted to savour the warmth radiating from the other that ever seemed so soothing and ever so welcoming. The two fell asleep as Baekhyun fell asleep against Chanyeol's chest with a certain Rilakkuma held tightly to him as the taller had his arms gathered around his most favourite person in this lifetime.

 

On this first particular night, Chanyeol had his own personal Rilakkuma he was able to cuddle to sleep with.

 

--

 

Age: 16

 

-Chanyeol’s POV-

Looking out the window of his living room, Chanyeol sighed heavily. Moving over to the couch with an empty spot that was always occupied by a certain pup, Chanyeol was half focused on whatever the television was flashing at his face at the moment.

Chanyeol knew that Baekhyun had been fairly popular lately and of course there would be moments where his other friends invite him out. That didn’t help that the fact that the only person he would ever consider spending his spare time with was Baekhyun. If only he were to drop by…

 

-Baekhyun’s POV-

Baekhyun stared boringly at his friends playing whatever shooting game they had on during the moment. Truth be truth, it would rather be anywhere that wasn’t here in this moment. Sure his friends were good mates but they were just so unoriginal- not full on adventure. He would different love to just leave and visit Chanyeol at this moment considering that most students lived in the same neighbourhood. But Baekhyun blushed, brushing over the thought. Lately Baekhyun has been considering himself too clingy, that Chanyeol would also want to spend some time alone that wasn’t with himself.

It didn’t help that his heart would go crazy with other glance at the boy. In all absolute honesty, lately, Chanyeol has grown to become the most handsome young man Baekhyun had ever seen. From his healthy body build to his stylish sense of fashion added to the amount of attractiveness Chanyeol has always had. Despite this, Chanyeol was still the same old Chanyeol- still kind and humble to his best of friends. With Chanyeol’s change in appearance came the change in how he felt about Baekhyun- and Baekhyun finally knew what this so-called feeling he has had for Chanyeol. Yet he didn’t know whether or not this was the right way to feel. Chanyeol has been his best friend for as long as he known him.

Part of him hoped that this was just a phase of admiring of some sort, the other wanted just simply nuzzle between the crook of Channie’s neck.

 

“Alright boys, let’s get up to something a little more .” Baekhyun’s friend said as most of them besides Baekhyun gathered at the PC.

Wondering what the kids were up to, Baekhyun walked towards them.  Probably the worst mistake Baekhyun could have ever made in his current short 16 years.

 

“Oh sweet dude, she’s like so hot! I would do her anyday.”

“Wow she has such a nice body when she’s completely .”

“She has a smoking hot body but nah not the best face. I’d bag it up.”
“Oi what do you think Baek?”

 

The mentioning of his name snapped him back into the inhumane reality that was before him.

“Va…Va…gin…a…va..jay..jay.”

“We can see Baek, isn’t this like the hottest thing.”

 

The windows of his friend practically shattered, sourcing to the ear-piercing sound of  a mentally-scarred Baekhyun’s dolphin-like supersonic scream.

His friends weren’t even given a reason for his trauma before the poor boy had already sprinted his way out of the house, with only one destination in mind.

 

-ChanBaek POV-

Before Chanyeol could completely finish his box of Cheezels and his American Horror Story binge watching, a rather rapid sequence of knocks were heard by his elfy ears.

Judging by the patterning of the knocks, Chanyeol wasn’t so sure as to who it might be. Jumping off his way and fixing himself up to look fairly ordinal, it went ahead to open the door.

Chanyeol didn’t have much time to react before he had a little puppy whom he’d been thinking about had practically clung onto Chanyeol’s waist. Clearly seeing the unhealthy paling of Baekhyun’s skin made Chanyeol fully alert of his little pup’s current status.

 

“I just want to unsee what I just saw…” Baekhyun barely whispered, clinging even further onto his giant teddy bear.

 

“Baek what did you see, a dead body?? We have to call the cops!!” Chanyeol declared, whom have thought the situation to be a lot serious than it actually was seemed viciously serious. If Baekhyun’s safety was on the line then getting the police involved was definitely the way at it.

 

“No..no.. I’m fine it’s just…I don’t want to talk about it. Can we just watch a movie.”

 

In the safety of his best friend during the moment, he took a deep breath as he inhaled in his friends unique scent…wait what?

Baekhyun had just completely embarrassed himself. Taking in his friend’s overly goofy face- blushing as he was looking down whilst scratching his head, Baekhyun seemed to have hugged his teddy bear a tad longer than what friends would usually do. Yet Baekhyun couldn’t help it, with that delectable smell of his…it was already bad enough Chanyeol was in his wife beater- carefully defining his muscles as though carved out of marbles with precession. It didn’t help he had sweat pants with white socks and skin slightly sweaty- looking as though he had had a heavy work out session; just like how Baekhyun liked his men.

Yet you’ve heard it, Baekhyun likes men like Chanyeol.

 

“Okay. Do you want to join me and watch American Horror Story? It’s the third season so it’s not that scary!” Chanyeol said as he cleared his throat, trying as hard as possible to smoothen the situation.

“O-Okay.”

Plopping on the couch, Chanyeol stared amusingly at Baekhyun in which Baekhyun amused was because of the…man to man holding-each-other-a-tad-too-long fiasco from seconds ago, but really Chanyeol was just pleased to have Baekhyun sitting where he belongs and how he should spend his spare time (with him).

A few minutes into the show, them the two discussing how fake the blood was and how naïve it was of them to fear such pretentious things during their youth, Chanyeol tried to dwell deeper into the recent situation.

“Baekhyun…tell me what you saw.”

Baekhyun sighed. He knew he wasn’t going to get away with not telling his friend practically everything. Well of course there was the one thing he might be hiding from Chanyeol but that was something he swore he would never ever spill to anyone. Comparing the two, Baekhyun thought he might as well tell him of the calamity from earlier. Saves him from being rejected and growing up alone with his 40 cats (Baekhyun considered this inevitable anyway). He knew when the time was right to tell Chanyeol then that moment was to come on its own.

“Well the boys were over for gaming and they decided to turn on some…. and I…. ISAWA.”

“…”

“…”

‘’…”

“…”

“…AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAA OH MY GOD YOU HAVE TO BE TING ME RIGHT NOW.”

“CHANYEOL, IM SERIOUS, S ARE FREAKING DISGUSTING TO ME.”

“TELL ME ABOUT IT.”

Both boys froze at the sudden spurs of words, not even believing what each other had just, what they both assumed as, truthfully revealed about each other. Both wanted to ask the other ‘the question’ yet both were hesitant and afraid of the possible outcomes: the crippling of their priceless friendship, a hindering companionship; the horrible possibilities were endless.

“Let’s just continue watching Coven.”

The two continued watching American Horror Story: Coven, loving the fact that the script writers were clever enough to sneak in a modified ‘Mean Girls’ quote.

“On Wednesdays we were black.” Jessica Lange’s character said. Essentially they were witches and Baekhyun was very impressed with the outcome.

 

“I like that quote.” Chanyeol said, being the first to break the everlasting silence it seemed. Baekhyun looked to his side, seeing just how beautiful Chanyeol was, smiling to himself as the light of the television reflected off his eyes, creating a majestic sparkle which suited the beautiful person Chanyeol was. He was just almost tempted to-

 

“I like you.” Baekhyun and Chanyeol both went completely wide eyed. Baekhyun knew that this was going to come some point in life, but so soon?

“Oh to hell with this.” Baekhyun was absolutely tired of exhaustingly bottling his concealed emotions away and the only way this was going to get any better for himself was to tell the one person he really cared about. Perhaps Chanyeol wasn’t the type to like boys but Baekhyun was happy to have been rejected here- it’ll save him months, possible years of an unrequired love.

 

“I like you. I really, really like you.” Baekhyun declared, facing Chanyeol entirely to put on a strong front. But that strong front slowly crumble through the blazing, heat that was expressed through Chanyeol’s eyes, causing Bakhyun to drop his pitiless façade as he looked downwards.

“I don’t expect you to like me back or anything…I just want you to know. I really like you and you mean a lot to me.” Twirling with his slender fingers, Baekhyun itched for a response, the anticipation clawing at his heart.

 

“I like you. I really, really like you too.” Chanyeol smiled, getting on one knee.

“Wait Chanyeol slow down my mind needs to process this, did I hear you right- OH MY GOD GET UP.”

“Byun Baekhyun…will you be like play date buddy forever…and will you also be like boyfriend.” Chanyeol opened his cupped hands, revealing the very last Cheezel ring from the box he had earlier consumed.

Baekhyun laughed hysterically, both in utter relief and shock. He had spent all this time reminiscing the potential downsides of things that he had nothing put his mind to the silver lining of the confession.

Taking the ring from his “friend’s” hand, he threw the chip into his mouth, enjoying the delicious piece of food as he tackled his friend onto the couch, both pleased with the much lighter atmosphere now that not only were their deepest insecurities have been shared, but their dreams also. The two idiots wrestled each other, absolutely ignoring whatever gore American Horror Story had to offer. The two ended up dead tired, Baekhyun laying on top of Chanyeol as he wrapped his arms around Chanyeol, feeling his broad chest against his face. What Baekhyun found even more loving was the fact that through Chanyeol’s broad build, Chanyeol also had a heart- a heart that beat like a standing ovation. He had Baekhyun hot to the core knowing that currently he took the title of being able to make him feel that certain way, just like the way Chanyeol made him feel.

 

Baekhyun nuzzled Chanyeol’s chest, satisfied with the sensation of Chanyeol’s heart beat picking up.

 

“If I’d known that I would have the privilege to have me in your arms like this often, I’d confess earlier. This is the best feeling ever, mainly because it’s from you.” Baekhyun confessed, taking another deep breath. Today was too full of huge up and downs.

 

“Agreed.” Chanyeol, who seemed drained of energy after their previously exciting moment.

“How long have you liked…boys?” Baekhyun was curious to ask.

“Since the moment I decided I didn’t want anyone else to be wrapped around my arms but you.” Chanyeol announced, tapping curious puppy Baek’s nose as the said boy pouted from Chanyeol’s absolute bluntness of specific details and dates.

“Shhhh just go to sleep, we’ll discuss everything after our nap.”

 

Baekhyun has never been any more excited to wake up to a new start to their relationship.

 

 On this particular day, Baekhyun made a best friend worth keeping for an eternity.

 

--

 

Age: 16 going on a 17

 

Mum I need to tell you something…I like boys and I’m currently dating Chanyeol. We have been for a while.”

“Oh Baek, honey, all of already knew, you boys have had chemistry for as long as I could remember. Now run along now, you had work to do.”

“Wait what…mum I’m coming out to you and you’re just going to brush it off like it’s nothing?? THIS SECRET HAS KILLED ME FOR THE LAST FEW MONTHS, I’VE BEEN DYING TO TELL YOU.”

“Oh you silly boy, liking boys is just as natural as emitting bodily gas.”

“MUM.”

“Oh come on dear, just appreciate that I’m totally happy for you two songbirds. I guess you could say I was completely taken by surprise when Chanyeol told me all the way back then-“

“WAIT WHAT??? YOU KNEW ALL ALONG??”

“…I wasn’t supposed to say that wasn’t I?”

 

On this particular day, Chanyeol got his idiotic beat.

 

--

 

Age: 18

 

"Hello?" Chanyeol called out to what seemed like an entire empty apartment, no evidence of any activity of any sort; nor the sight of anyone at the front proportion of the small area. The little pup that urgently called his giant over, claiming to be have been in some sort of trouble with his 'problem'. Terrible imaginaries flew by of the possible scenarios of what misfortunes could happen to his little puppy, which lead to the escalation of his minor panic attack as he rushed his way to the said boy's apartment complex. It wasn't that long of a run considering the panic was a motivation for his usually-uncoordinated legs to have its uses.

 

He saw the light through the crack of Baekhyun's room, rushing to it as he hoped to god Baekhyun was not passed out on the floor.

 

"BAEK-"

 

"What took you so long, honey? I need you to help me with my problem here."

 

Chanyeol stayed absolutely glued to his spot, astonished by the mere sight of the glory that was Baekhyun- shirtless as the dim light cascades over, softly highlighting the trail of his fairly fit body; wearing denim jeans that tightly grasped against each curve that was the perfection of the boy right in front of him now, seductively sitting against the bed frame. It was obvious that Baekhyun was ravishingly calling Chanyeol to devour him.

 

 

 

"PUT A SHIRT ON BAEK, YOU'RE MAKING ME-"

 

"Excited? How flattering to hear that."

 

"B-baek what are you doing- ah ." The moan in which the taller boy forcefully tried to retain escaped its way out as the boy Chanyeol couldn't fathom to dream to be with, Baekhyun, took a strong grip of his manhood, groping it hard yet carefully.

 

"What's wrong babe, did that hurt? A certain giant of mine taught me that apparently kissing your oo will make it feel better. I guess I can help with that." Baekhyun declared, his lips as though hungry to feel the thick length that was Chanyeol's slight through his mouth and the length s his mouths.

 

“Don’t hold yourself back. Ravish me until I break.”

 

Not long after, clothes were left discarded on the wooden floor as limbs were twisted amongst the bed sheets; the room stretching out with the sounds of vigorous love making and skin slapping applied with the salty scent of .

 

On this particular memorably night, Chanyeol and Baekhyun both had had for the very first time as they did it over and over and over again, feeling the need to be closer than ever as they were determined to satisfy each other in every way possible; through their actions and through their words.

 

 

"You're mine."

 

--

 

Age:20

 

“AHHHHCHOOOOOOOO.”

A ground-shaking sneeze could be heard all the way from Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s newly shared room. With the entirety of stress such as moving their belongings into their new apartment to having to split apart from their reluctant, clingy parents (it was Baekhyun’s mum’s turn to leech onto Baekhyun’s foot the moment the boy tried to his boxes into Chanyeol’s car). It didn’t help the slightest bit that exams were fast both of their universities. This all contributed to where Baekhyun was in this moment- feeling dead from the flu and wanting nothing more than a good, long, oh who knows, 2711 year hibernation.

Despite being sick and barely awake, Baekhyun watched Chanyeol run through the entire apartment, hastily going through boxes as he searched desperately for the sack of medication.

“OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD WHERE IS IT WHERE IS IT I SWEAR IT HAS TO BE SOMEWHERE HERE OH MY GOD MY BAEKHYUN IS DYING AND I CAN’T DO ANYTHING AND OH GOD- INNEEEEEER TURMOIL.”

 

It was kind of hilarious to say the least with Chanyeol running around everywhere, occasionally pulling on his hair as he physically stressed himself out. It had only been a good few days since they’ve moved in: nothing had been organised yet aside from the queen bed.

 

“CRAP CRAP CRAP I GOT TO LEAVE FOR UNI IN ABOUT 20 MINUTES AND THE CLOSEST PHARMACY TO US IS AROUND A 2 MINUTE DRIVE SO IF I RUN THERE I SHOULD MAKE IT-“

“Chanyeol, I’m fine. I can go a day without medicine.”

 

Chanyeol stared hugely wide eye at Baekhyun to the extent that it kind of crept Baekhyun out. Baekhyun thought Chanyeol’s eyes, being one of his greatest physically assets (after his huge ),   was both a great asset yet also the freaking creepiest.

“YOUNG PUP YOU NOT KNOW WHAT YOU NEED, I HAVE PLEDGE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR WELLBEING HENSE IT IS UPON ME THAT-“

 

Baekhyun thought that Chanyeol has had his work up for the day so it was time for him to shut up- and the best way to do so was a chaste kiss on those addictive, irresistible lips of his. Baekhyun pulled at his boyfriend to bring him down for this kiss, constantly tugging at his shirt to greedily take a better taste of Chanyeol.

“Now onwards…you got some studies to catch up with.” Baekhyun teased Baekhyun, tips barely millimetres away as the lingering of Baekhyun’s plump lips tainted Chanyeol’s- loving the way it drove Chanyeol crazy.

“I’ll miss you.” Baekhyun announced as Chanyeol calmed his nerves by clumsily packing his sports bag which he used for schooling. Judging by his face, Chanyeol wasn’t quite pleased- but that was before he had a bright idea.

 

Digging through his pile of clothes, Chanyeol found his longest potential hoodie.

“Wear this. It’ll keep you warm and you’ll remember me whilst I’m gone.” Chanyeol asked as though Baekhyun had a choice because he had already worked on taking off Baekhyun’s current knitted jumper.

 

Upon taking off his jumper, the hickey visible on Baekhyun’s collar bone was more than obvious under his singlet. Chanyeol smiled to himself, softly caressing the bruise as Baekhyun slapped his face, face complete red. Baekhyun had to admit, the perks of also owning your own apartment was the fact that you could potentially anytime you wanted- but that fact alone didn’t stop Baekhyun’s face from heating up from huge embarrassment.

“Chanyeol~ Please, it’s embarrassing.”

“Mine.” Chanyeol quietly whispered to himself, feeling all the inner glee as he slipped Baekhyun’s head and arms though his hoodie. Chanyeol couldn’t help himself but take a picture of his cute little pup. It looked as though you try to have a little puppy wear human clothing.

“This is definitely going to be my new lockscreen.”

 

“Look after yourself whilst I’m gone okay?” Chanyeol stated as it look his leave.

The moment Chanyeol had the door closed, Baekhyun let out the most deathening, feminine squeal you’d usually expect from a pre-pubescent individual. Cuddling into the comfortable, huge hoodie, Baekhyun took a huge whiff of the humour- the smell of Chanyeol lingering on the materiel just lingering image of what a gentleman Chanyeol had sort out to be. Baekhyun thought the mesmerising smell of Chanyeol was definitely enough of keep him feeling better.

 

Baekhyun took a long sigh that was nothing but pure happiness.

“I’m so in love.”

 

On this particular day, Baekhyun didn’t need any vaccinations to feel better- he had Chanyeol for that.

 

 

--

 

 Age: 22

 

“Chanyeol is that you?” Baekhyun groggily called out. He swore he had just taken a nap just for a few years yet it feels like it’s been over a century. I guess that’s just the annoying side effect of afternoon naps.

 

Two years have flung by ever since they’ve set food outside their house and entered the big world of independence. The two love birds have now resided into an apartment complex. It wasn’t one of those fancy, futuristic interior apartments; rather it was a small, cozing area that was pleasing to the eye. There had been times where Baekhyun had dreamt of a luxuries life within a castle-like fortress- a very farfetched thing for Baekhyun to think. Because as simple and tedious as everything was, Baekhyun quite enjoyed the little apartment complex, for it was something he could call his own, and something he could call ‘ours’.

The idea that Chanyeol and Baekhyun had settled together in their own little spacious area made Baekhyun feel giddy all over again- the same feeling he got when he openly accepted his deep infatuation for the boy he woke up next to every morning: looking like an abomination with his barbaric hair sticking in countless directions and dried toothpaste by the corner of his mouth. It wasn’t the most pleasing sight to say the least yet Baekhyun was the only person who was able to see this side of Chanyeol and that was more than enough to convince him to be pleased.

Baekhyun loved their tiny complexion,  much like how he loved the fact that he could wake up to sloppy morning kisses from his abomination, just like how he loved that he could practically scream as Chanyeol would pound into him and he wouldn’t have to worry about anything awkward..Baekhyun’s only being honest and you can’t get any realer than that.

What Baekhyun found interesting yet ironic was that all their closest friends somehow telepathically settled into the same complex, playfully struggling it off as a ‘huge coincidence’. Baekhyun knew there would inevitably be downsides but the pros definitely weigh out the cons!

 

“Hunnie, im home! Come out little pup, I have dinner ready for us.”

Baekhyun took a seat at their dinner table, utensils all ready to go as though it had previously been planned out. Yet Baekhyun was too sleepy to pick up on such tiny details, rubbing the edges of his eyes as he smiled at his lover taking a seat in front of him.

 

“Can never go wrong with MacDonalds can you?”

Baekhyun was genuinely surprised, not only for the fact that this wasn’t the ideal idea of a ‘romantic dinner’ but the idiot bought Happy Meals for them both. Baekhyun didn’t know whether to laugh his fat booty off or dramatically bust out in tears from the extreme idiocy that was Chanyeol.

 

“I got us a Happy Meal! Check what toy you have and if you get one that I like we can trade zomg.”

“Chanyeol, we had this when we were like kids.”

“Happy Meal is food; food is beautiful therefore Happy Meals are beautiful!! Think of the logic Park Baek!!”

“Why did you call me that?”

“Just eat little missy.”

 

Okay, Baekhyun was totally wide awake now and this giant elf was definitely up to something.

“Chanyeol why is the box is light, like did you all my nom noms again or did you- *gasp*”

Inside the intent of the cardboard box wasn’t just a few fries and a packet of nuggets, no this was a special box, if you say call it. Inside was a simple black cubic box and that was enough to have Baekhyun covering his mouth, eyes already starting to well up as he prepares himself for what is to come.

 

“Do you know what the point of a Happy Meal is for, Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked soft yet soothingly. “To make people, well children, happy. I want to be your so-called ‘Happy Meal’ 24/7.

 

Chanyeol laughed to himself, picking up the smaller box left hanging out in a fast food container. “I know the things I do are beyond what one would consider idiotic…and quite possibly this is the most eccentric, non-romantic way to propose to someone who’ve you’ve spent so long with, but I want to make you as happy as you live.

Chanyeol, despite his cheery mood just minutes ago was now also in tears- the tears of endless joy bought to him from the most beautiful person right before his presence, the only person he ever wanted in this lifetime. Baekhyun eyes had been streaming ever since Chanyeol’s explainable- a reason so silly yet so sincere and touching; honest and original just like the man Chanyeol is. Baekhyun let out a cry the very moment Chanyeol went down on one knee, a soft smile embedded directed towards himself.

 

“So long as you’re in my arms and say “I’m happy.” Now I understand, that without you, I am only half the man I could ever make myself out to be, but with you…You make me whole. Will you marry me, Byun Baekhyun?

 

Baekhyun took his time to practically scoop Chanyeol’s neck into his arms. He didn’t even bother to check out the ring- Chanyeol’s lips were his priority in the midst of the moment as they passionately kissed, getting the answer that Chanyeol longed for.

It was a little while later before the two separated, looking as happy as ever as mixed emotions battled their minds to think straight.

“You are the most idiotic person I have ever met in this world and you have the utter most failed attempts at being cheesy and romantic- something on my list of the many things I’ve grown to love about you.” Baekhyun declared, pushing their foreheads together as they stared deeply into their glossy, tear-stained eyes.

 

“You make me excited for each passing day because you are so full of surprises everyday where I find myself looking forward to our little adventures together; the mischiefs we can get up to, and I’m glad that is what our future foreshadows.” Baekhyun, with streams running down his face tear after tear, looked at his man who had him gathered in his broad arms- as though saying ‘I am here and that is all that matters in your life.’

 

Chanyeol lifted an arm and lightly brushes passed those chubby cheeks, lavishing the soft mellow texture it felt on Chanyeol’s finger as he ran his fingers over them.

“Well then, my little pup, prepare for an absolute journey of a lifetime because from here on, we travel as Park Chanyeol and Park Baekhyun, my love.”

 

“HE DID IT.”

It was obvious now that everything was previous planned out, with all their closest friends jumping out of their hiding spaces, celebrating as some cried at such a beautiful, unforgettable moment between two star-crossed lovers and hugged  each other in utter merriment for their friends.

 

The two songbirds practically ignored their friends who have prepared a tribal, ritual dance of some sort around them; showering them in flower petals and glitter.

 

“Wait. Someone’s missing”, realised the maknae who was about 375% done with his hyungs (Sehun likes to think he doesn’t know them in such situations) that a twin tower was missing. Sehun moved to open the cupboard under the sink, revealing a wild Kris stuck with the face of adversity.

“Help. Please. It. Hurts.”

 

“AHAHAHAHAHHAA OH MY GOD KRIS YOU’RE LIKE THE BIGGEST LOSER.” Chen practically rolling around the floor like a retarded seal on crack. Everyone was so lost in the moment, forgetting the poor boy that had been stuck in his hiding place for possibly an hour.

“UM DO IS ANYONE GOING TO HELL ME OUT OR NOT, THIS ISN’T A CIRCUS ACT AND I AM IN NO WAY AN ESCAPE ARTIST SO AGAIN, HELP.”

 

Baekhyun, finally relaxed from his state of shock, took the time to finally check out his ring, blocking out the calamity of trying to get Kris out by twisting his limps in awkward positions.

“Wow..it’s…it’s absolutely stunning.”

“Just like the man I want in my life.” Chanyeol pronounced, who had his eyes attentive on his pup throughout the entire celebration- watching his face crinkle and eyes fold into crescents as he laughed at his friends; an angelic sight that he was privilege to be able to witness as he gathered a section of his little angel’s hair and tucked it behind his ears.

 

“You’re not going to propose to me with a single cheezel ring this time?”

“Back then I proposed to a child. On this particular day, I’m proposing to a princess, a very childish princess.”

 

Baekhyun pout, purposely deepening it further than usual as he knew it was something that melted Chanyeol’s insides and made his mind go crazy, playfully punching Chanyeol on his shoulder.

“Wow so you’re saying I wasn’t a princess back then? I see how it is Park Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol gathered his most prized possession into his arms, pressing their chest together as he cheekily poked at his pups nose.

“A princess can’t be a princess without their prince, and look who just decided to come along?”

“Oh Park Chanyeol, you are just too suave and too smooth.”

 

The two shared another kiss, a kiss like none other. Sure they have had the many moments of kisses yet the kisses today mark the beginning of a new chapter to their life.

The other boys, now all calmed and recollected, witnessed a love so genuine which not only melted their hearts, yet touched their souls- to believe that such true love could exist.

 

Chanyeol was the first to break the kiss.

“Oh by the way, save these Happy Meal toys for when we have kids together- once we move into our new house.”

 

On this particular day, one couple e question into a singular lifetime.

 

-This moment-

 

"Baekhyun? Baekhyun! Earth to soon-to-be Park Baekhyun!!"

 

"Huh what happened?"

 

Chanyeol laughed along with the audience before them. Chanyeol had lightly covered his nose and mouth as he had laughed, just another reminder to Baekhyun of how beautiful this heaven-sent piece of art was Chanyeol. Every inch and every curve of his face, as though sculptured into perfection- with touches of sensitivity and aesthetic, Chanyeol was the product of a timeless artwork; for time could not age away its beauty and it's gift it brings to the world.

 

Snapping back to reality, he realised the audience's source of amusement was directed towards him, blushing deeply as he looked down, laughing the awkward situation of as though he was unphased by the mockery.

 

"Hey... Why you crying?"

 

It had not struck Baekhyun that slits of tears had trickled down his rosy cheeks. Before he could even do anything about it, Chanyeol had already taken the responsibility of what a husband should always do- to make their life long partner feel the same need.

 

“Don’t cry…You look best whilst while you’re smiling. Not just because you’re smiling but knowing that I’m the reason to bring the beautiful smile to your face.” Chanyeol whispered, sending shivers down Baekhyun’s spin just from sensing the pure charisma coming from Chanyeol.

 

“I’m just so….so happy.” Baekhyun couldn’t honestly fully describe it.

“It’s time for you to say your ‘I do’, but I must warn you, once you do say so there is no longer a Byun Baekhyun, only a Park Baekhyun who will be the best mother to her children.

 

More memories of Baekhyun’s past slowly flew by him, just a constant reminder on how those stepping blocks have led him to where he was at this moment- not just marrying his lover but his best friend. And Baekhyun couldn’t ask for anything more.

It was ironic how tears were both a representable of both the sad moments in life, yet also the happiest. Life was a roller coaster ride and he was glad he was riding his crazy, phenomenal ride with someone just as crazy.

Tears poured down his face, just as he looked at to the man he needed to say ‘I do’ to.

 

It was finally time, the two words that Baekhyun needed to legally seal their love. But words were never enough, the words seemingly dripping with vagueness.

 

Not a word was said as Baekhyun, tears pouring down his eyes, pointed to his heart first, followed by a signal of a thumbs up- a sign language only the two of them would understand. Because not singular a word was needed.

 

 

"When you really want to do something just point to yourself and give a thumbs up! That way I know!"

 

 

"Yes, Park Chanyeol, I wish to spend the rest of my life with you."

“I love you.”
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End~

 

--

 

 

 

a/n: MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO MY BELOVED READERS!! WOOAH THIS IS PROBS THE MOST I HAVE EVER WROTE BY FAR OTL KEZIA YOU YOU BETTER ENJOY AHAHAA but I do hope all of you guys enjoyed it too :) too many quotes were inspired by The Fault in Out Stars TT sorry guys but I just watched that movie three times and I seriously can't get enough of Ansel Ergot omg TT

BUT ANYWAYS I AM SO TERRIBLY SORRY FOR MY ABSENCE. This story took like months to write because I've been studying my off to get into my uni course (Vetenary Medicine) bc there's only one uni in my entire state that teaches it which is in Melbourne (where I live), BUT I GOT IN SO THANK THE LORD NO MORE STRESS.

To is a merry Christmas fic dedicated to my one and loved Kezia <3 she's stuck together through the entire year with me for the entire year and I honestly couldn’t ask for any more of a resilient friendship. Thank you so much for helping me push the boarders and thank you for being there for me when I want to about these basic es at my school that I thank god don’t have to see anymore and hearing me confess my undying love for Nick. AHAHAHA LOVE YOU .

Special honourable mention to my friend Fira for being so awesome and also a huge thank you to YOU for reading. You guys are the reason I have a side passion to write and explore the endless possibilities of literature.

Until next time, I love you all.

-Tia <3