Failed Hypothesis

It'll Be Okay

A/N : This might be another cliche story.... Lets just let me write with what my mind leads me to.  I know this is not much comparing to other but this is all i can give. Thanks for reading. 

a tad bit of personal experience added.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Everything eventually comes to an end. A sad ending or a happy ending, either one.  Story ends, and then there's goodbye who tag along. Reality itself is cruel and most people just can't seem to fully accept it and one of them happens to be Luhan.

Rainbow unicorns don't exist (well except for the rainbow part). Life is not all colors. It’s not a sketch where you can decide on what color goes to which part. It’s somehow set. There’s no fate. Fate was somehow created by some people back then to comfort themselves.

Life is cruel. There's no being happy forever, for sure there'll be ups and downs. Goodbye? How do you even be in good stat when saying bye. Life is hard and being sober about it doesn't mean Luhan can see everything clearly. And sometimes dreams are just dreams.

 

Yeah, dreams are just dreams.  That’s what Lu Han ASSUMED AND CONCLUDED.

 

Lu Han, a 20 year old boy, a college student was sitting under the tree in the garden sketching alone. Once in a while he’ll stare up in front to the basketball court looking at his best friend. Se Hun was his name. An oh-so-familiar name that sometimes it hurts Lu Han to even called out his name. He is his best friend who knew basically everything about him. Se Hun, 19 year old, was in the same year with Lu Han. Both of their mothers are best friend too and Lu Han’s mum decided to hold him back a year before actually throw him and Se Hun together to school.

Lu Han himself is more likely a socially awkward turtle and being gay doesn’t help at all. He did make new friends but he is still awkward. He cannot handle situation alone. On the other hand, Se Hun is different. He is outgoing and friendly. He makes lots of friends in a short period of time. A total different from Lu Han himself and that’s what people said right? Opposites attract. Right?

That’s what scared him the most. Why of all people in the campus, he have to fall for his best friend. Maybe because he knew everything about Lu Han and accept him even he swing that way. He had read a lot of stories about how the characters fall for his or her best friend and usually he will find it unacceptable. But now, he couldn’t believe it either.

To cross the line between friendship and love is not easy it’s just a step away from each other. The boundaries so thin like lines drew by chalk. A simple mistakes can rub off the line and that’s the least and last thing Lu Han wanted.

During the first semester of college, Se Hun will always stick up with Lu Han. Wherever he went, he’ll follow and both of them are well known for that. But as time went by, Se Hun became more and more famous after he joined the college basketball club and that’s when Se Hun slowly stops following Lu Han around and abruptly came to a stop. At first, Lu Han was a bit insecure because he thought he might have done something wrong by mistake and so he asked Se Hun one day.

 

“It’s just that I’m busy with clubs activities and homework.”

And that was all Se Hun said before the bell rang signalling their break was over. Lu Han might or might not have felt his heart clenched a bit painfully due to what Se Hun said. It stung him to be honest. His best friend just walk away from him with a simple short answer with so much details hidden behind and Lu Han was able to understand all of it.

He was so deeply in thought until the sound of a bouncing ball got him back. The ball was bouncing a bit before rolling over to where he was sitting. He looked up only to see Se Hun running to his direction. Feeling his heartbeat picking up a little pace, he stood up with the ball in hand.

 

“Here.”

“Thanks. By the way what are you doing here?” Se Hun asked while wiping his sweat away.

“Just some sketching and thinking. Nothing much.”

“Don’t think too much. You’ll get old fast.”  He gave Lu Han an encouraging pat on the shoulder before going back to the court.

Luhan can only stare at his retreating back and sigh. They’ve drifted way too far.

 

 

 

Staring at the poster in front of him, Lu Han read the description carefully. It was a talent show. Standing there completely still was weird so he decided to save himself by taking a piece of the talent show flyers before heading to his usual spot outside.

There was no practice for the basketball club today so it is quiet. Lu Han settled down his bag before plopping down onto the grass. He read through the flyer again. Should he join? But then he is sure that Se Hun and his friends will be joining since they dance. Still deciding on whether to join or not when suddenly he realised that he can make this the first and only chance to let Se Hun re-noticed him and since the talent show is still a month ahead. Smiling to himself to the idea because it was not a plan, he stood up grab his bag before heading to the registration booth stated on the flyer.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It had been a busy week for Lu Han. He was looking for songs which suited his situation best and he cannot really find any not until a week before the talent show. It was a newly released song. He had been practically practicing that song the whole week and to make himself really remembering the chords, his playlist only consist of that song. Repeating over and over again.

‘I really do hope you understand how I feel….. here.” Lu Han muttered with his hand placing on his heart.

 

It was finally the day for talent show. He could not help but to get nervous. The day he went to register, the booth was crowded. He waited at the corner until the crowd dispersed and only then he walked up front to register. The student there was quite surprised to see Lu Han there because he was well known for his social skills. He could only smile at them and no one really knows he could sing anyway.

 

Luhan was glad that his turn will be a few numbers after Se Hun’s group. Well he did peeked a bit during registration. That means Se Hun will be watching when it was his turn.

 

When it was Se Hun’s turn, he can only stare at Se Hun. His move, his stare, it was so mesmerising that Lu Han found it painful to watch. His heart ache but still he remained watching.

He clapped loudly after their performance. He was proud of Se Hun.

 

And finally it was his turn. He had been waiting behind the stage the moment Se Hun’s group left the stage to the audience seat. The participant before him steps down the stage. After what seems like ages, the M.C.’s call out Lu Han’s name.

And at the mention of Lu han’s name, Se Hun ears perked up and stare on the stage. It couldn’t be the Lu Han he knew but boy he was wrong. There stood Lu Han in the middle of the stage with a mic stand in front of him looking a bit sad?

Lu Han brace himself and breathe in and out before collecting himself and nodded to the student in charge of the P.A system.

 “I’m singing this for someone out there, someone important.” He announced as the music flows out from the speaker, and before searching for Se Hun.

 

 

Lu Han close his eyes and began singing:

( A Pink “So Long”)

(A/N: I was writing this and suddenly this song played from my playlist and I found the lyrics suited this so well….. and I just have to use it. It described how I feel)

 

 

기억나니 그때 작고 어렸었던 
너와 나 do you remember
항상 함께였지 우릴 샘내던 많은 
친구들 do you remember

작은 손 꼭 잡고 날 지켜준 
언제나 내게만 웃어준 너
Baby 그땐 몰랐을 거야
아마 모른척했을 거야 
너무 어렸었잖아

어느새 넌 내게로 와 내 맘속으로 와 
친구 아닌 남자로 내 옆에 있었지
그렇게 널 옆에 두고 내 맘 숨기고 이렇게
(숨어) (숨어) 
친구라는 이름 뒤에 숨어

혹시 가끔 너도 그땔 생각하니 
나처럼 do you remember
기분 좋은 바람 우릴 비추던 따뜻한 
햇살 do you remember

너와 난 많은 게 닮았었고 
넌 내게 소중한 친구였어
Baby 그렇게 믿고 있던
내게 다른 네가 온 거야 
그런 네가 낯설어

어느새 넌 내게로 와 내 맘속으로 와 
친구 아닌 남자로 내 옆에 있었지
그렇게 널 옆에 두고 내 맘 숨기고 이렇게
(숨어) (숨어) 
친구라는 이름 뒤에 숨어

솔직히 나 겁이 났었어 
너를 보면 떨리는 내 맘 익숙지 않아
사실 아무렇지 않은 네가 미웠었나 봐 
이런 내 맘 너는 왜 모르니

Feel me, feel me, tell me, tell me, 
love me, love me (이미 늦었겠지만)
Feel me, feel me, tell me, tell me, 
love me, love me (이미 늦었겠지만)

어느새 넌 내게로 와 내 맘속으로 와 
친구 아닌 남자로 내 옆에 있었지
그렇게 난 네 옆에서 내 맘 숨기고 조용히
(곁에) (곁에) 
친구라는 이름으로 남아

Do you remember when you were so young and small?
Do you remember you and me there?
We were always together and how they were jealous of us,
do you remember those friends?

You held my small hand and protected me,
always smiling only at me
Baby, we didn’t know back then,
we were probably pretending
we were too young

You came to me, into my heart,
as something more than a friend
Next to you, I hid my heart,
hiding, hiding
behind the friend label

Do you sometimes think of those days
like I do? Do you remember
The nice breeze, the warm sunlight that shone on us?
Do you remember the sun?

We resembled each other so much
and you were my precious friend
Baby, that’s what I believed
but you came to me
and it was so strange

You came to me, into my heart,
as something more than a friend
Next to you, I hid my heart,
hiding, hiding
behind the friend label

Honestly, I was afraid,
I wasn’t used to my trembling heart when I saw you
Actually, I resented you for acting like everything was normal
Why didn’t you know my heart?

Feel me, feel me, tell me, tell me,
love me, love me (though it’s too late)
Feel me, feel me, tell me, tell me,
love me, love me (though it’s too late)

You came to me, into my heart,
as something more than a friend
Next to you, I hid my heart,
next, next
behind the friend label

 

Se Hun was staring at Lu Han. Too shocked to even look away. He never knew Lu Han feel that way. He never knew Lu Han was insecure. He watched him walked down the stage and walked out.

The crowd cheered loudly when Lu Han finished his song. With shaky legs, he bowed and muttered a quick thank you before he got off the stage and out the door. He needs some fresh air before going back in to wait for the closing. He could not believe that he made it. The tears threatening to fall just now finally slipped down his cheek. He felt like a weigh had been lifted after speaking out indirectly. He felt better.

Lu Han continue his way to the garden until he heard footsteps behind him. He panicked. He is too young to die. What if he got ? Got kidnapped? That’s what he thought of at the moment. He was about to take a leap and run off when a hand on his shoulder turn him around.

He was momentarily stunned. All he managed to stutter out was Se Hun’s name.

 

“S-S-Se Hun”

Before he knew it, Se Hun was embracing him tightly.  Lu Han gasped trying to push him away but he was strong.

 

 “Shhhh Shhh Listen to me, Lu!” Sehun shush him.

It had been awhile since he heard Se Hun calling him that, it felt nice actually. Sensing that Lu Han had quiet down, he continue to talk while still holding Lu Han in place.

 

“Lu Han. Look at me”

 

Shaking his head, he continues to drop his head.

 

“Lu…” Sehun called out softly and it sends shivers down Lu Han spine. 

 

Sehun slowly lift his chin up using one hand and the other hand still tightly holding Lu Han. Now that Lu Han is looking at him he felt like he has not been really looking at Lu Han properly for a long time.

 

“Lu… was that really how you feel?” Se Hun questioned still looking straight into his eyes.

 

Well it’s now or never. Bracing himself once again, he found himself nodding. Lu Han feels so lost in his stare yet he kept on staring. He wanted this moment to last.

 

“Don’t cry. I haven’t even said my part yet.” Se Hun smiled while wiping his tears away.
Lu Han did not even realise that and he just blinked at Se Hun. Knowing that Lu Han was waiting he continued.

“I know I haven’t been carrying out the task of a best friend should do. I know I have been abandoning you alone. I know I am selfish. To be honest I am not really sure why I hide myself away from you in the first place. I was scared when I found out I might have feelings for you. But because we are best friend, I did not want to ruin what we have back then. The feelings became more intense as day passed by. I was scared so I thought by getting away from you might help and that’s why I started to join the clubs. But today ……you have proven me wrong. You are braver than me. You face your problem on your own. I didn’t know you feel that way, not until today. So if I asked you to wait for me and give me a chance, will you do that?”

 

Slowly Se Hun detached Lu Han and look at him in the eye. But Lu Han was looking down again. Again he lifted his face up by cupping his cheek.  Lu Han face was flustered and eyes wet. Seeing the sight in front of him, Se Hun couldn’t help but grinned.

 

“So… would you?” Se Hun asked again, slower this time.

 

Finally found his voice, Lu Han nodded eagerly before muffling a sobbed “Yes”.and hugging Se Hun tightly.

“I’ll wait even if it means years.”

 

Hearing that, relieved wash over Se Hun as he hug back.

“Thank you Lu. Thank you so much.” As he buried his nose in Lu Han’s hair inhaling his scent.

Comfortable silence surrounds them before Se Hun spoke up.

 

“and…. I don’t think you need to wait anymore.”

Shocked to his words, Lu Han looked up with wide eyes before his lips were captured by Se Hun’s. He was so shocked by Se Hun’s sudden move and everything slowly sinks in as he realy accept the facts that Se Hun is kissing him squarely on the lips. HIS FIRST KISS. But Sehun doesn’t need to know. And he smiled.

 

 

Sounds of audience cheering filled the night once again and that brought Se Hun and Lu Han back to their senses.

 

Chuckled awkwardly, Se Hun pulled away before interlaced his hand with his Lu and pulling him.

 

“I don’t think you want to miss taking your winning prize right? Since you sing like an angel.” Se Hun said winking.

 

Lu Han could only blush while letting Se Hun lead him.

 

 

Maybe his conclusion for life wasn’t right after all. Well maybe some part for the start.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

So how was it? @@ I'm never good in any languages even my mother tongue.. so if you find the grammar or sentences weird, please just forgive me.

This was suppose to be short but I have no idea why i vomitted so much word. 

but i hope you like it. and THANKS FOR READING!!

comment!!??