Just A Dream

Just One Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

►FINAL.

Paragraphs in italics are Taehyung's memories.
Words or simple sentences in italics are Taehyung's thoughts.
No plagiarism.
Profanities and character death ahead.

 

 


_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

T A E H Y U N G

 

Beads of sweat formed on my forehead ever so slightly. I was driving as fast as my heart's thumping. Jungkook must've been waiting for me since an hour ago, I thought. A sigh escaped my lips when the road started getting crowded, cars here and there, people crossing the streets. I tapped my fingertips against my thighs absentmindedly as I wait for the 'go' green-signal. My mind's cloudy and I'm starting to feel anxious. 

The traffic worsen and the surroundings were filled with honking horns. Irritation and nervousness hovered over my body. WIthout hesitation, I turned the engine off, unlocked the car door, slid the keys into my pockets and ran off. I don't care about my car anymore, all I care for is Jungkook. I ran quickly even if my arms and legs are shaking. I can't stop now, I have to see Jungkook. The sun shone on my face and my chest started heaving up and down. I'm panting and sweat is starting to cover my entire body. 

I ran as fast as I can, Jungkook is still waiting, I'm positive of it. People were staring and I just- I don't give a damn. Soon, my legs betrayed me. I'm starting to be ambivalent. I collapsed on the sidewalk and I stared up on the sky, my mouth agape, gasping up for air. I'm unsure, uncertain, undecided and torn. What if he's not there? But what if he is? I'm confused. Confused as to which should I follow. My heart? or my mind? I closed my eyes for a moment and propped my forearm onto my forehead.

 

Jungkook's laughter filled my mind. It's echoing but I couldn't find him anywhere. "Taehyung-ah." He called. "Taehyung-ah." And again. "Taehyung-ah." And once again, but this time, his voice is fading. Like he's walking away from me but he's still looking at me, as if to say that I should go to where he is. I sat up slowly and my mind's running circles, I'm dizzy but I'm not letting that stop me from finding Jungkook. I tightly held onto my head and stood up, unbalanced but I started running, more like limping in pain. My vision's blurry and everything's starting to turn black. I shouted and shouted, "Jungkook!" I just want Jungkook. I hope I can be with him even just for one day.

I'm certain I'm not blind, nor did I close my eyes. Everything turned pitch black but I'm aware of where not to or where to go. The surrounding's was dim-lighted, and everytime I take a step, it's as if the ground's splashing with water. But that did not stop me, I ran and ran. Not losing hope on being wrapped around Jungkook's warmth, hearing his soothing sweet voice, seeing his beautiful yet angelic and innocent face. 

It felt like I was in an endless tunnel, there was no ending nor a beginning. No light nor anyone. Just me. I kept running but I wasn't close to being tired, not even a bit. I heaved a sigh of exasperation and irritation, stopping my tracks, I looked around. Droplets of some sort of liquid started falling, it's not water, but it's substance isn't gooey nor smooth, it's rainbow-colored and it's easy to notice. It was the only colored thing in this endless tunnel. More of it started dropping, and the more droplets fall, the more the tunnel gets colored. I took a step, right there and then, I fell. There was no hole.

I screamed, it wouldn't change anything but I screamed more, and I couldn't stop. I flailed my arms in hope to grasp and hold onto something, but there was none. My pace decreased, it felt like I was in slow-motion. I tried to calm down and started rubbing my eyes; I wished this wasn't reality. I fell on a fluffy surface with a soft 'thud'. It was night time but the moonlight shone on my face. I got up and looked around, soon realizing that the place changed again, I'm now in a dark forest.

All I could hear was the birds chirping, my own foot steps and my own respiration. I wandered around and saw a shadow from the corner of my eye, I tried to catch it with my gaze, but it vanished. "Taehyung-ah!" The same familiar voice echoed again, it was Jungkook's. "Taehyung!" He shouted, he sounded vulnerable and I'm starting to worry. Jungkook's in danger. 

A gun dropped from above and I quickly took it in my hands, checking if it has bullets; and it does. I heard a loud 'bang' and I'm sure it was from a riffle gun, it was then followed by a shrill scream. My eyes widened in shock and I started running. It can't be Jungkook. It's not him, right? I mumbled, trying to convince myself that Jungkook's safe and my mind's only playing tricks with me. I tightly gripped on the gun when I heard limping footsteps, there was a groan followed every now and then. I positioned the gun to my eye level, ready to shoot. I caught the figure with my gaze and I'm unsure of what it is, it's not living, but it's walking. A zombie?

I fired the gun and it hit the head, I started shooting it's body until it fell. I successed, a small smile plastered on my face as I was relieved, the figure collapsed and its body started oozing blood out, I became confused. A corpse can't produce blood no more, it's dead, but it's alive. I turned the figure's position over with my foot as it's appearance started changing, it became a human's body in no time. I gasped, eyes forming tears and I fell onto my knees. "J-Jungkook?" My breath got uneven and my lips quivered in fear. I hugged him close to my ches

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter