1

Hell-o

After an endless day of babysitting little children, Kelley decided to splurge on a little treatment for herself. With this week’s pay, she decided to treat herself to the spa and get a manicure.

Normally, Kelley would paint her own nails, add her own little decals to it, but today, today was just way too tiring for her. Little children were tugging on her hair and yelling in her ears. On top of that, she had a boatload of exams last week. Enough was enough.

------

“Ah, Kelley! It’s nice to see you again,” the owner of the nail salon exclaimed happily. She then noticed how tired Kelley looked from the look on her fatigued face. “Hey, are you okay?”

Kelley looked at the lady and lazily nodded, “Could you just get Jung to do my nails?”

The owner’s face expression dropped and tried her best to keep Kelley from being disappointed. “Ah… See… About that…”

“She’s not here?” Kelley said, suddenly widening her eyes. “I only like it when Jung does my nails.”

“She’s on vacation… So she hired her younger cousin to fill in for her.”

Kelley shook her head. “No, I only wanted Jung. I guess today is not the day to—“

Suddenly, a mixture of noises came from the back of the room and slowly, a handsome, young figure emerged from the exit of the door.

“Noona. You called me?” he said brightly, looking at the owner. He then realized the situation, turned his head and examined the customer, widening his eyes immediately.

“Hubba bubba,” Kelley thought in her mind. Suddenly, not having Jung as her nail salonist did not bother her as much anymore.

The young man cleared his throat and gently placed his hand forward, excited to introduce himself to the pretty doe-eyed female. “H-hi… Hi, I’m Hansol,”

Kelley blushed immensely and responded to his greeting by shaking his hand firmly, yet softly, remaining eye contact with him, “I-I’m Kelley. Nice to meet you.”

Pleased with the mutual shyness Kelley responded with, Hansol grinned from the corner of his lips and responded, “You don’t mind if I do your nails today, do you? I know Jungah is really great at doing nails, but they, we’re blood related and—“

She smiled at his cuteness and shook her head, “No, no, it’s fine. You can do my nails.” She could not possibly avoid missing out on this once in a lifetime chance of knowing a boy as handsome as he was.

The owner, creeping on their conversation, suddenly noticed the sparks that flew between the two. The instant “love-at-first” sight kind of thing and slowly drifted off into the distance. Because she’s irrelevant.

By now, Kelley was seated from across Hansol and his hands were placed upon hers. Her cheeks were still as rosy as any rose during the of spring and his eyes were only on her. He looked at her, he examined her, and her stared at her forever. Like the way he saw her right now, he wanted to see her the rest of the day, the rest of the night, the rest of the week, the rest of the month, the rest of the year until forever. He felt as though Kelley was perfect for him and that he would never feel the same way about a girl ever again.

He was soon saddened that her face was not reflected upon her hands as he began t the ends of her fingernails.

“Even your hands are pretty…” Hansol said bashfully, stealing one more glance from her.

Kelley giggled tenderly at his charm and his attractiveness, she found everything he said and adorable and perfect. She wanted him to do her nails forever.

Afterwards, when her nails were completely polished and coated nicely, both Kelley and Hansol felt a moment of despair when they came to the realization that they probably would not see each other again. Jung was only on vacation for this one week and soon her shift will be back and Hansol will be sent back to where ever he came from.

Hansol went over to behind the register and pressed a few buttons on the register until a receipt print out of the machine. He quickly grabbed a pen and scribbled on it before handing it to Kelley along with her change.

She raised her brow as she noticed his concentrated writing on the empty space on the receipt and read his note carefully: “켈리는 귀엽다. 켈리, 내 여자 친구가되고 싶어? NO or YES~”

She replied with a kiss.