Hired

The Opposite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“so… you’re still in high school huh?”

You were still holding your poker face *but with a smile at the guy in front of you who’s now flipping the papers containing your information back and forth… this is just nerve wrecking…

“yes sir… I’m still in high school… I’ll graduate next year though…”

He nodded a bit and continuing reading the paper… truth was, you were trembling like hell, but decided not to show it… hey, confidence is key right?…

“JunWay high school? why hadn’t I ever heard of this school before?”

You gulp and continue smiling when the guy looked at you raising one of his eyebrow…

“because truthfully, my school isn’t that famous sir… it’s actually one of the lowest ranks school in the whole seoul sir… so that’s probably the reason you never heard of it before…”

The man in front of you widen his eyes and just nodded in understanding while you just shrugged. It was the truth anyway… no need to beat around the bush making him confused… he probably knew now why he never heard of it before…

“you have such high grades yet you decided to go to the …. Erhhmmm low ranks school? why is that? You could easily get a scholarship in any school at all considering your high scores…”

“yes I can, but at the same time I can’t…”

“care to explain?”

“the neigbourhood I’m living now is the only one I could afford… other school have much more expensive rent costs so to cut back the budget I decided to go there… I can still study and that what matters most right? I’m pretty pleased to where I am now…” you smile remembering your teachers and friends…

Even though your schools is just so poor until half of the roof is crumbling down hitting some of the students… the students and the teachers have no complaints…

you spent your schools days laughing laughing to their dry jokes that leave you clutching your stomach hard, laughing too much till you cried *extreme, I know…

you welcomed the mornings with happy smiles and morning greetings by your friends and teachers… even the janitor, Mr. Yoo…

who would be in their right mind to complain about that? It’s practically heaven on earth… no bullying, no gangster, no bad influence… just a pure but poor school…

It’s deemed one of the lowest ranks of the whole seoul not because of it’s bad reputation… oh no… it’s because of the lack in building quality and also not decent enough equipment in the school…

the students are just fine though.. they’re actually have higher grades than most of the school… which made your principal proud of his own school…

“you… actually like going there?”

You nodded your head smiling widely at the guy while he just narrowed his eyes at you…

“yes… I’m very happy… even though it’s not actually decent but the warm and homey feelings.. you couldn’t buy those… you couldn’t replace them as well… it’s a blessing that I met my friends and teachers… I wouldn’t chose any other school now even though the cost of living is lower… that’s just how much I love my school now…”

The guy gave you a warm smile and nodded at you placing the paper on the desk…

“well then… I guess that’s it…”

You blinked at him while you nodded timidly… does this mean you failed? No job? No chance? Maybe you shouldn’t act like a little kid seeing candy for the first time in her life while talking about your homey school… but…

you d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter