1: Shattered glass.

The Rhythm of a Blind Cane

1.065 words.


2003. January 14th.

The wind banged against the window of a shoe box sized house, making the water that was inside Jongin’s cup vibrate.  It was his birthday today. A lot of things were being arranged, like his parents trying to figure out how to find a better job or get promoted, the same old routine that happened every day, really. Jongin was always on his own, he wasn’t really expecting anything surprising to happen, well maybe his parents selling him of to some criminals or worse the mafia. It would be all settled and done for them; He always wonders why they didn’t do that yet. He sat on his bed, leaning against the wall nearby the bed as he eyed the walls; they seemed to sort of become way too interesting these days. He still remembers how he could of freely smile when he was around 4 years old, but now.. he just can’t. Everything went downhill when he turned 5 years old; his mother lost her job, his father became an alcoholic. A typical sob story isn’t it? He finds it ironic, his life.

Jongin slid off his bed as he looked over at the window, the dark clouds taking up the sky as a sign that it would soon start raining. A huge fog suddenly blurring the his view as he soon realized that the large lump of smoke that now settled in his room was actually coming from downstairs.  Hurried steps were made to the kitchen as his breathing got heavier. Everything starting to become more difficult to make out as the strong smoke, which he inhaled, tickled the back of his throat. Jongin yelled out for his mother, his father, even though he should care less about them.  The sudden image of his mother laying down on the kitchen’s floor made his eyes watery,  he quickly ran up to her body and crouched down to drag her out of there. He didn’t see his father anywhere and the now flaming stove made him hurry his way out. Jongin was quite strong due the fact that he dragged his mother out of the house by himself, well it’s not like his mother weighs a ton anyways.

Though the need to go to back inside and check on his father couldn’t stop shoving him. He was certainly panicking, it was his birthday and he expected at least a quiet day.. not this. Jongin hurried back in the house as he started checking the rooms while covering his mouth with the back of his hand.  He ignored the dizziness occurring, making him stumble just the slightest, while he checked the last room, his father wasn’t there. He felt a pang in his chest as he quickly tried to get out of the house, though the sudden events made his life take a full degree turn.  The stove exploded right before his eyes, the windows in the kitchen went in the air along with the stove.

The glass was sharp.









2014.  April 15th.

‘’ Sir, I believe patient 15 has woken up from coma.’’ The nurse voiced out in a hurried tone, her hair all over the place, certainly showing off her status of the day while she held onto a white clipboard. ‘’ It seems like his family relatives have all died, it’s been a few years now, sir.’’ She went on as she eyed the slim figure, moving the office papers around.

‘’Good. Are there any signs of amnesia or any other disorder?’’ The man questions as he looks up from his papers, his eyes narrowed and curious. ‘’ It seems like he became blind after the incident, sir.’’ The woman answers without any hesitation as she steps further into the office, handing the man the white clipboard with all the diagnostics of the patient.

A heavy sigh escapes the man’s lips as he looks through the papers of the clipboard. His eyes visibly becoming sad, his face seeming to lose it’s glow. ‘’ Were there any bad reactions?’’ He questions again and before the nurse can part her lips, a few more nurses run in. ‘’ Doctor, patient 15 is having a bad response! Please check in!’’ the yells ring through the office as it takes the man a full second to be out and about in the hospital’s halls. As he finally reaches the patient’s room, there’s complete chaos; with pills thrown around all over the room, desperate yells from the patient and the nurses trying to keep him still. ‘’ Where am I?! Why can’t I see anything?!’’  he screamed at everything and everyone, not being able to stay still anymore due all the confusion.

The man purses his lips tightly as he orders the nurses to let go of him and go outside. ‘’ Calm down, you’re in the hospital. My name is Oh Sehun, I’m your doctor.’’ Sehun bravely steps closer to the teen as he calms down a little, sinking into the hospital’s bed a little. There’s horror printed everywhere on the teen’s face as he definitely looks terrified and on self-defense alarm. ‘’ Why can’t I see you?’’ Sehun clears his throat, he definitely hates brining out news like this, it makes his heart sink every time, only this time it felt stronger.  Perhaps he grew attached to the male while watching over him all those years, but now when this moment came, which he was waiting for of course, he found it almost impossible to bring out the news, which he was shocked about as well . Sehun takes a deep breath as he makes his way over to the bed, eying the male with sad eyes. The teen sure looked attractive he can’t deny, he was hoping for a few dates with him, here in the hospital, till he got to his normal state. Though right now, that doesn’t really seem possible. He reaches over to place a heavy hand on the tanned male’s shoulder, as if trying to comfort him beforehand.  It really takes up a few nerves in his system to finally voice out those two words, those two dreadful words.

 ‘’ You’re blind.’’



Aigoo, well here ya go, the first chapter. Sorry for taking too long to the 19 subscribers~ I’ll try and update every week or sooner ouob
 Next chapter xiukai.
Sorry for any grammar errors.
- Ev.