First

More Than A Game

I huffed as passed through the school gates, everyone was in their uniform except me. I'm 2 months late since the first day of the school year because it was an impromptu decision of Peter to enroll me.

 

I didn't plan of schooling since we came here in this town and it's been 2 years since I did. So I took the acceleration tests for me to be able to catch up with the right year level I should be in. Turns out I was born smart that I passed. I smiked at my own thought, I did the test lazily and answered all of it in a few minutes and I was shocked when I passed it. Naah, I'm just awesome like that. 

 

The students around me began whispering with each other as they noticed me, I even saw a girl scrunch her face and pointed at me. When I realized they were eyeing my clothes, I did too. I scanned my clothes and saw nothing wrong with my ripped jeans, sneakers and loose shirt. So I rolled my eyes and muttered to myself, "Whatever." 

 

I already know where the office is and Peter told me I should go there first to see my schedule because he forgot totake it when he enrolled me. Peter is my so called father, naah  he isn't really my biological father, he took me when he saw me in that old building when I was six. Okay enough said. 

 

Glancing up, I saw the metal bar with the one written OFFICE in it so I knocked up at the door and peeked my head in. The lady glanced in my way and smiled at me sweetly, she nodded her head as a sign for me to go inside and I did. I saw her smile faltered when she notice my clothing, ugh not again! What's wrong with my clothes? Why does everyone in this school judge my clothes today?

 

"How may I help you miss?" the lady spoke up as she tried to get he sweet smile back at me, I noticed how prim and proper she looked with her hair in a bun and wearing a blazer on top of her blouse and a grey pencil skirt, she must be the principals secretary. 

 

"I'm Mia Sims.." that's all I had to say and recognition flashed through her eyes, Peter must have left a good impression to her yesterday.. Hmm, I'd compliment him with that later when I get home. 

 

"Ah yes! Your father came here yesterday..seems like he forgot to get your class schedule?" she smiled at me and opened one of the drawers on her side searching for my files while silently muttering my surname.  I waited and when she found my file she went though it and found my class schedule, signed it and gave it to me. 

 

"Perhaps you'd want a campus map with that? Just to avoid getting lost?" she asked and I kindly shook my head and smiled, "No thanks, I think I can keep up with it."   She hesitantly nod but replied with an okay anyway so I bid her goodbye and some thanks and went outside.  

 

I read through my class schedule and it says that my first period would be History with Mr. Kim in ten minutes. Since I already know the place here, I knew where to go. It's easy to memorize the campus area, since Peter gave me its blueprint and the details in it. How he got a blueprint is still a mystery to me and I won't bother to know. 

 

I am really bored now and was just my second subject. I had a nice nap on my history class and now I can't sleep my boredom of Physics. I yawned and Ms. Williams saw me, "Miss Sims, perhaps you could answer my question?"  she ever so conceitedly asked. I didn't know what her question was and it irritates me how she was so full of herself that she'd get to embarrass one of her students today. 

 

"Pardon maam?"  I asked in a kind manner, she rolled her eyes in a y way. Wow, I never thought teachers know how to be a these days. "What is quantum physics?" she slowly spoke the words like I was a five year old kid and it had my classmates laughing. It irritated me so I boringly answered, "Quantum physics or so called quantum mechanics is a branch of physics that deals with discrete, indivisible units of energy called quanta as described the Quantum Theory, maam." 

 

My classmated gasped and shock was evident in Ms. Williams' face, she was in a slight panic as her eyes roamed around the classroom and avoided my gaze, trying to calm her self down and come up with some excuse. "V-very well said Ms. S-sims.." she stuttered and her voice croaked a little that almost made me chuckle. 

 

I sat down and noticed my classmates were all staring at me. I gave them all a glare and Ms. Williams continued to gather their attention, while I get to have my own little world of peace by lying down on my desk, my head above my hands and closed eyes. I sighed as I realized I was meant to keep a low profile in this place. 

 

Yawning, I muttered to myself "Way to keep a low profile Mia. What good job." with sarcasm obviously etching on my voice.