Final.

Sickness; Umbrella; Cafe

"Luhan."

"Luhannnn."

"Wake up Luhan, the teacher's looking at you." Sehun whispers softly into Luhan's ear.

Groaning, Luhan opens his eyes and struggles to pull himself up, frowning a little.

"Luhan, please try to stay awake please, just bear with me for half an hour more." The teacher is speaking to Luhan.

Luhan blinks and nods, trying to muster a small smile as an apology for falling asleep.

But it's not as if he can help it. His body feels heavy and his head is spinning.

He tries to stay focus and listen to the teacher's droning, while the classroom just gets stuffier and warmer.

Luhan barely holds for a minute before he is slumped onto his desk again.

The last thing he hears is Sehun's frantic cry. 

"Teacher I'm taking Luhan to the infirmary!" 

The teacher barely has time to respond before Sehun's out of the classroom and onto the hallway, with Luhan on his back.

How could I not have noticed that Luhan is sick!

Sehun's strides grow longer.

--

Luhan wakes up to find Sehun by his side, with an adorable worried-to-death look on his face.

"Luhan!" Sehun screamed, causing Luhan to cringe at the sudden loud noise.

"Sorry." Sehun dropped his voice to just above a whisper, the worried frown never once leaving his face.

"Do you want to go home?" 

Luhan nods, he is feeling a little better than he did in the classroom, but he isn't sure if he wants to stay in school.

Besides, it's not as if Sehun will let him remain in school.

"I'll go home with you then." Sehun says decidedly.

Luhan widens his eyes and immediately shook his head, regretting it once his head started to pound again.

"No! Stay in school Sehun, you can't skip school just like this!"

"But-"

"I'll be fine, I'm not that sick you know."

Sehun pouts as Luhan determinedly tries to convince Sehun to let him go back home by himself.

Finally, he sighs. "Fine, but I'll walk you to the bus stop and wait till your bus comes."

Luhan just laughs and agrees, ruffling Sehun's hair.

"Let me get your stuff and we'll get going." Sehun smiles and leaves the room.

Maybe getting sick is not that bad after all...

--

"Remember to take some medicine and go to sleep once you're home. Don't forget to message or call me when you reach home!"

Sehun calls as Luhan enters the bus.

Flashing Sehun a warm smile, Luhan waves and nods. Such a worry-wart.

He looks back from the window and watches as Sehun turns into a speck, the bus moving further and further away from the school.

Luhan sighs and plugs in his earphones, staring at the passing scenery.

"为你挡下狂风,身为你的守护者;永远有我,就算世界都冷漠;每次你痛苦委屈,为你会把泪擦去;如果是你和我,不管在哪里,天堂是随时和随地。"
(I'll block you from strong winds, as your protector; you’ll have me forever, even if the world is cold and indifferent; every time you suffer and are wronged, I"ll wipes your tears away; If it’s you and me, no matter where, heaven is anytime and anywhere.)

Luhan hums his favourite song and looks up to the sky.

Oh no, I don't have my umbrella with me...

Sehun looks up to the sky and pray silently that the gray clouds will hold their tears until after Luhan reaches home.

Sighing, Sehun worries about Luhan as he kicks his way slowly back to the school gate.

"对我来说你比天使,还灿烂耀眼;如果有谁对你不义,我一定不允许。"

Sehun sings his favourite phrase from Luhan's favourite song. He had spent hours trying to perfect his Chinese pronounciation, but even now, his pronounciation is not perfect.

But Luhan likes it, his weird pronounciation of his hometown's language. 

To Sehun, that is enough. 

Seeing Luhan's loving expression when he pronounces some words wrongly, that is enough for Sehun.

"To me, you’re more brilliant and dazzling than an angel; if anyone is unjust to you, I definitely wouldn’t allow that." 

Muttering softly in his own language, Sehun's eyes fill with love. 

Luhan is my angel.

--

Luhan awakes when a finger taps him on the shoulder.

"It's the final stop, we should get down now."

Groggily, Luhan barely registers what the voice said, but somehow he grasps the meaning.

Hurriedly, he scrambles off the bus, the stranger following behind.

Ah... It's raining...

Luhan stares at the raindrops falling from the sky.

"Here."

Luhan turns around to find the stranger from before, holding out an umbrella to him.

Now that his mind is clearer than on the bus, Luhan realises that the guy in front of him must be around his age.

X Highschool... So he's from that school down the road. 

Luhan takes in the uniform and his eyes travel back to the stranger's hand, which is holding the umbrella.

"What about you?"

"I don't need it." Grabbing Luhan's hand, the stranger forces the umbrella into Luhan's hands and takes off.

Luhan watches as the stranger dashes into the rain with his bag over his head.

He looks at the umbrella in his hand and shrugs.

Well, might as well use it.

--

Pitter patter. Pitter patter-

The rain falls onto the umbrella for a short while and Luhan closes it again, an ironic smile on his face.

I could have just ran this short distance...

Still smiling amusedly, Luhan walks towards his home under the sheltered walkway.

Somehow though, he feels thankful that the raindrops did not fall on him.

"I'm home!" Luhan shouts to no one in particular.

Nobody will be at home at this time, since both Sehun and him are supposed to be at school.

Luhan places the umbrella at a side to dry off.

"Kim Jongin..." he mutters as he sees the little carving at the handle of the umbrella.

Luhan quickly changes from his uniform and slips into bed, but not without sending a message to Sehun.

'I'm home! And I'll be sleeping soon. Pay attention in class! :P'

Luhan slowly drifts off to sleep, and at the moment of his last consciousness, he hears the phone buzz.

He falls asleep with a smile on his lips. That was undoubtly Sehun replying him.

--

Sehun flings his bag onto the floor once he reaches home, rushing into Luhan's room, walking past the dry umbrella standing at the side of the room.

"Luhan..."

Sehun breathes out, relieved as he sees the sleeping face of Luhan.

Walking over and placing the back of his hand onto Luhan's forehead, Sehun smiles gently.

His fever is gone.

He fixes Luhan's hair and stares at his face.

Smiling, Sehun bends down and places a soft kiss on Luhan's forehead.

Silently and carefully, Sehun then leaves the room, closing the door behind him as he goes to change and prepare for dinner.

Hopefully, Sehun prays, he will not burn down the kitchen.

Luhan finds Sehun in the kitchen cleaning up when he walks in.

"Sehun? What are you doing in the kitchen?!"

Shocked, Luhan stands there, dazed and stares at Sehun.

"Luhan you're awake! I made dinner!" 

Sehun ignores Luhan's shocked face and pushes him lightly to the table.

"It's not that good but I tried my best..."

Luhan looks at the food in front of him and turns to Sehun, brows furrowing suspiciously.

"You didn't break anything did you?"

"No I didn't. Luhannnn." Sehun whines when Luhan laughs jokingly. 

"Let's eat together." Luhan pulls at the hem of Sehun's shirt and Sehun smiles, nodding, before going back into the kitchen to wash his hands.

"Let's eat!" 

Sehun watches in anticipation as Luhan eats a mouthful, but his face is void of any emotion as he swallows.

As Luhan looks at Sehun in the eye, Sehun gulps.

It's that bad...?

"It's good Sehun!" Luhan beams, and Sehun's heart melts.

"You shall be in charge of cooking then." And Sehun's smile drops. 

"No!" Sehun screams, as Luhan chuckles and helps himself with the food, deliberately ignoring Sehun's cries.

--

Luhan wakes up at his normal time, washes up and wears his school uniform, all ready for school.

But as he steps out of his room, Sehun senses him and stops him.

"No Luhan! Don't go to school today." Sehun says firmly.

"But I'm alright right now!" Luhan protests, he had already missed a day, he didn't really want to miss another day at school...

"You have just recovered, let your body have some rest please?" Sehun pleads softly.

Luhan looks into those puppy eyes Sehun gives to no one but him and agrees reluctantly.

"But you must lend me your notes alright?"

"Sure! Rest well Luhan! Now go to sleep." Sehun's expression immediately changed.

He hugs Luhan and runs out of the door, not wanting to be late for school.

"Bye Sehun!" Luhan calls as he leans on the door frame, Sehun turns and gives him a wave, almost stumbling as he did so.

Sighing and laughing, Luhan shakes his head with a smile on his face and heads back into his room.

The umbrella... I should return it to that guy today...

--

Luhan leaves his home at around 12pm, by the time he reaches the stranger's school, it should be the time the students are released.

When he reaches the school, Luhan hears the bell ring.

Just in time...

He stands at the side of the school gate, waiting and watching patiently as numerous students pass by him.

"He's so cute and handsome!"

"Who is he? Is he waiting for someone?"

"Hey, I dare you to go up to him and confess right now!"

"What! Are you crazy?"

"I will be so jealous of his girlfriend..."

Luhan plays around with the umbrella in his hands, not a bit bothered by the whispers he is hearing.

But he couldn't help but chuckle as he hears the last sentence. Hah. What girlfriend.

"When is that guy going to come out..."

Luhan frowns and sighs.

I should really go home soon... Sehun will worry if I'm not home without telling him...

Luhan clucks impatiently, and finally, deciding he has waited for a decent amount of time, he pushes himself up from the wall and gets ready to go.

And it is then when he sees the guy.

"Kim Jongin-sshi?"

The guy he addressed freezes and turns around quickly.

Luhan sees his eyes widen and his lips break out into a smile.

"Hello! You're that student from before."

Luhan smiles back and nods. 

"Here. Thanks for your umbrella."

But Jongin just looks at the stretched out hand and shakes his head.

"I don't need it. Keep it."

"But I don't want to. Take it." Luhan insists and pushes the umbrella into his hands, much like how Jongin forces it to Luhan the previous day.

"If I accept it will you meet up with me at SM Cafe tomorrow at 8am?"

Luhan looks at Jongin weirdly, but asks.

"Can I take a someone with me?"

Luhan sort of senses the hidden intention of Jongin asking him out.

"Well.. Alright." Jongin's tone was unwilling, but he still agrees to it.

Luhan smiles. "Great. See you tomorrow then."

--

"I'm ho-"

"Luhan!"

Luhan barely has time to finish what he is saying before he is cut off by a loud shout and a tight hug.

"Sehun... I can't breathe!"

"Luhan! Where did you go! I was so worried!"

Sehun breaks off his hug and stares at Luhan angrily, though he is extremely concerned.

"Sorry I went out without telling you. I didn't think that it'll take that long."

Luhan smiles apologetically, his fingers on Sehun's face, caressing his cheek lightly.

"You have no idea how worried I was..."

Sehun engulfs Luhan in another bone-crushing hug again.

Luhan laughs. "If the intensity of your hug is anything to go by, I'm pretty sure I have a rough idea."

Sehun just buries his head further into the crook of Luhan's neck.

"Sehun, are you free tomorrow at 8am?" Luhan finally gets to get into the house and settle down.

"Yea, should be. Why?" Sehun tilts his head in curiousity.

"I'm meeting with someone, would you like to come with me?"

Luhan has his head turned from Sehun, so he didn't notice the dark look which has passed through Sehun's eyes.

"Of course."

Nobody is allowed to take Luhan from me.

--

"Here!" 

Luhan raises his hand as he spots Jongin entering the cafe.

Jongin makes his way to the familiar figure with his hand raised, and an even more familiar figure sitting beside.

"Sehun?!"

"Kai?!"

Luhan looks to Sehun and to Jongin, then back at Sehun again.

They know each other? Luhan furrows his brows.

"So you have met my boyfriend then? Jongin-sshi."

"Oh! So you're the sweet boyfriend of Sehun here?" Jongin laughs incredulously as he sits himself at the chair opposite Luhan.

"Man, what a coincidence. So you must be Luhan then?"

Luhan nods, he's still a little confused on what is happening around here.

"Wait. What is this? How do you guys even know each other?"

Another even more confused soul, Sehun, speaks up.

"We met a few days ago, I lent him my umbrella." Jongin replies Sehun, and turns to Luhan, "Sehun and I are in the same dance class. I go by the name of Kai there."

"Ahh." Luhan's eyes clear and he nods. "Nice to meet you."

"Haha, you know Sehun, I was going to hit on your boyfriend."

Jongin laughs while Sehun narrows his eyes. 

"Don't you dare Kai." 

"Woah, chill. Now that I know he's yours, I won't do anything, trust me."

Jongin raises his hands up to defend himself, the teasing smile on his face. 

"Well, I guess I'll go now, since there's no point in interuptting your date. Have fun!"

With that, Jongin rises and leaves the cafe, giving Luhan a polite wave and Sehun a smirk.

"That guy..."

Sehun growls and Luhan places his hand over Sehun's, his eyes twinkling.

"Let's enjoy our date then, Sehun."

 

 


Did you enjoy this?

I really hope you did!

Please comment :D