o1

A Dash of Trickery and Love

                You pushed open the door before the two of them ran in excitedly, straight into the hallway and out of sight. You let out a light sigh before smiling, those two were a handful but it was worth every breath and penny to see their world full of laughter. Your niece and nephew were probably one of the only things that could make you smile from all of the stress you were getting lately, aside from Jin. Lately, Jin had been having a lot of time off and he'd been spending most of his time with you and you couldn't have been happier.

                After you lazily kicked off your boots and locked the door, you threw yourself onto the couch, happy that you had decided to buy the kids happy meals before you came home or you would've had to cook and you were too drained for that. Happily, you shut your eyes, hoping to get a few minutes of sleep before having to get up to start your project for your college class. But the sudden shout coming down the hallway let you become aware of the two energy balls coming your way.

                Holding back a sigh, you squeezed your eyes tight before MinHyo and MinAh both ran in, MinAh yelling your name loudly.

                "Eonni! MinHyo ate something and he won't spit it out!" She accused while pointing a finger at MinHyo who was keeping his mouth shut tight.

                You sat up before giving MinHyo a look, "What did you put in your mouth?"

                You held your hand out in front of him before he silently spit it out, immediately running off with MinAh behind his tail.

                "What?" Your brows furrowed as you looked at the silver object in your hand, covered with five-year old spit. "A ring?"

                "MinHyo-ah!" You automatically ran after the two, finding them running around in your study room. "MinHyo where did you find this?"

                MinHyo blinked at you before running to the corner of the room.

                "I found it under Hyung's papers," he answered before staring at you innocently.

                "Jin..?" You whispered to yourself before tilting your head in confusion. "Arasso, you two keep on playing what you were playing," you smiled before leaving to the bathroom. You carefully rinsed the ring before trying it.

                A sudden thought came to mind before you took the ring and looked at it in the light. It really was beautiful, but what would Jin be doing with the ring? Was he going to propose?

                You bit your lip before exhaling, "Trying wouldn't hurt right?"

                You held your breath, feeling the excitement build up as you slowly slipped the ring onto to your finger.

                Your eyes widened in confusion when the ring stopped halfway, refusing to go any further.

                "What?" You scoffed before blinking from the sudden headache forming.

                Was Jin going to ask you to marry him?

                The front door opened and the loud voices of the members immediately echoed through the house.

                Your eyes widened in horror as you looked at the ring, which you probably weren't supposed to find. You panicked as you heard Jin pass the bathroom towards the study room where MinHyo and MinAh were, YoonGi's voice trailing after him. You quickly covered the ring in your palm before listening to see if anyone was looking for you.

                "MinAh! MinHyo! When was the last time I saw you two? You two look so tall already!" Jin chuckled loudly while MinAh squealed happily.

                "Oppa! What are you talking about? We saw you just yesterday!" MinAh laughed loudly before you heard her say, "Oh… mianhaeyo I didn't mean to say that."

                Jin met the twins yesterday?

                You silently walked out of the bathroom as the twins ran past you into the living room, HoSeok immediately playing with the two of them. You were about to turn into the room but stopped when you heard YoonGi's hushed voice.

                "Did you even think about how she would feel? Or what she would say at the least?" YoonGi asked sternly. "Why don't you just tell her the truth?"

                "Yah! YoonGi! Get over here!" NamJoon suddenly shouted startling you. You couldn't let them find out that you were eavesdropping. You quickly traced your steps back to the bathroom before turning around, coming face to face with YoonGi.

                "Yah!" You said startled before holding your hand over your heart.

                "Mian," he chuckled before looking at your hand. You smiled before excusing yourself to talk to Jin.

                You cautiously walked into the room seeing Jin hovered in the corner as he anxiously searched through his pile of papers.

                "Looking for something?" You asked, trying to sound casual as you walked in. You could see his shoulders tense before he stood up straight and turned to smile at you.

                "No.. not really," he sighed, watching you quietly.

                "Jin, what are you up to?" You asked, beginning to feel ansty from all that had just happened. "Is there something you want to tell me?"

                "Ani," he simply shook his head before leaning against the desk against the wall.

                You frowned before a crazy thought entered your mind. YoonGi had said that he should just tell you the truth. Was there another girl? No way, Jin would never do that to you, but then, he had seemed a bit off the entire week while he was spending his time with you.

                You don't what it was that was getting you so emotional, but you could suddenly feel the tears welling up as your throat began to swell.

                "Jin," you said, trying to keep your voice from shaking, "is there another girl?"

                "What?" He automatically pushed himself off of the desk, looking at you worriedly.

                He started walking towards you but you avoided him, walking towards the other side of the room, keeping your back to him.

                "Or is it because of my situation? But we've been together for this long. Or did you realize something? Or is it really just another girl?" You exhaled quietly, feeling your heart beat rapidly. "Jin.."

                "It has nothing to do with any of that," Jin cut you off.

                "Then what is it?" You asked biting back the tears threatening to fall. You turned around to find that Jin had already disappeared, the sound of the front door shutting surrounding you as you stood there alone. "What is it?" Your lips trembled before you crumbled to the floor uselessly. You forced yourself to hold back the tears, refusing to cry. You were not going to cry because the guy you had fallen for so deeply had had his eyes on another instead.

                Where you imagining everything this whole time? From the moment the two of you had met to now?