Finale

The Thirteenth Lie

"Did you finish packing the last box?" Kris walks in while putting on a shirt over his head.

"I can't find it!" Kyungsoo whines in the middle of the floor, surrounded by books and clothes.

"Find what?" Kris raises an eyebrow and snorts at the mess.

"My Lie Journal." Kyungsoo whispers and curls into a ball. Kris's gaze softens and he sits next to his boyfriend of five years on the floor.

(I'm under the bed you idiot.)

"Where was the last time you've seen it?" Kris gently sits his boyfriend up and massages his shoulders.

(I was literally in his hands.)

"Right here next to me!" Kyungsoo pouted and pointed to the white carpet.

(I'm too old for this.)

"Maybe you accidentally kicked it?" Kris frowns and looks around at every corner.

"No way, I would have noticed." Kyungsoo scowls and lets out a frustrated sigh.

(Yeah like you noticed when you spilt coffee on me. I'm not this shade of brown because of old age.)

"Did you search everywhere?" Kris got up and checked the closet. Kyungsoo lets out another whine, an affirmative to his question, and proceeds to fold the clothes on the floor. Maybe it was under the clothes.

(No, the dingus did not search everywhere. I. AM. RIGHT. HERE. HELLO!)

After ten minutes of folding and putting everything in the last remaining box, the journal was nowhere to be found.

"This is a disaster!" Kyungsoo wailed and bites his lower lip in anxiety.

"We'll find it, don't worry." Kris coos at him and holds him tight. Kyungsoo buries his face in Kris's shoulder and grumbles.

"That book means so much to me. I don't know what I'd do if I lost it."

"You haven't used that book in years, Kyungsoo, maybe it's time to let it go?" Kris whispers gently.

(Dumber just put his foot in his mouth.)

Kyungsoo ripped himself out of Yifan's grasp, "How could you say that?!" Kyungsoo stormed out of the room.

(Dumb has left the building, ladies and gentlemen.)

Kris slapped himself in the face a couple of times, "Stupid." He murmured and ran a hand through his blond hair. He crosses his arms and surveys the room again. If it means turning this room upside down, he swears he will find the book.

(All you have to do is kneel and look under the bed. This isn't hard.)

Kris begins checking under the mattress. Nothing.

(You're getting warmer.)

Kris immediately moves to the bathroom adjacent to the closet. Nothing.

(You're as cold as the iceberg that sunk the titanic.)

Kris growls and checks the closet again. Nothing.

(Near, far, wherever you are...)

He looks under the dresser on the right of the bed. Nothing.

(Just turn your head, I'm right here. Just tur—)

"Aha!" Kris grins and pulls out something from under the dresser. "I was looking everywhere for you."

It was one of his mangas.

(Oh for God's sake, I am disowning you and Kyungsoo.)

He quickly dumps it in the box and sighs, "Where could you be?" He scratches his head. He lowers his head slightly in defeat before something brown catches his eye. He squints and kneels down on the floor.

"There you are!" He grabs the journal from underneath the bed and brushes off accumulating dust.

(I could kiss you, but that's disgusting.)


Kris finds a nearby pen and sits down with me in his lap, "Think you can handle a thirteenth lie?"

(If it means helping you make up with Kyungsoo, any time, old friend.)

Except Kris opens me and my front cover falls off.

(Son of a—)

"Crap." Kris curses and tries to place my cover back on. He groans when he finds that it is ruined and most likely needs a bunch of tape.

(It isn't going to magically sew itself back onto me, anyway.)

Kris gently lays my front cover on the floor and begins to write on a new page. After he finishes his first sentence, my back cover falls off.

(This man is trying to kill me.)

"Why the heck are you falling apart?" Yifan curses in Mandarin and places my back cover on the floor.

(Maybe your giant man hands don't know how to deal with delicate things.)

Once he finishes writing, if I had the ability to smile, I would. One, because his lie is absolutely cheesy. Two, I'm no longer falling apart.

Kris gets up from the floor and grabs my severed limbs. He peeks out of the master bedroom and tip toes to the supply closet.

Kyungsoo is in the living room with his back turned to him. He lets out a small victory cry when he sees that Kyungsoo didn't pack the duct tape.

I let out a small whimper as he tapes my covers back on.

Now that I'm brown, and gray, and whole again, Kris, now wearing a leather jacket, slowly walks up to his boyfriend and sits next to him on the couch.

Kyungsoo tenses up and refuses to look at him.

"I found the journal." Kris smiles and holds it out to him. Kyungsoo lets out a happy yelp and snatches the book out of his hands.

I almost flew out of his hands when he let out a horrified gasp.

"What did you do, Wu Yifan?!"

(Homicide. Put him in jail, please.)

Kris nervously laughs and rubs the back of his neck, "I found it and then it fell apart. It's a pretty old book, Kyungsoo. I tried to fix it though!" He attempts his infamous gummy smile but it turns into a grimace at Kyungsoo's glare.

Kris places both his hands in his jacket pockets and looks down in apology. Kyungsoo sighs and kisses him on the cheek.

"I'm glad you found it." Kyungsoo smiles softly.

"Open it." Kris whispers. Kyungsoo gives him a strange look before opening the book gently.

His fingers turn to the thirteenth page and he gasps at the words written, he doesn't remember writing a thirteenth lie.

(The lie isn't yours, Kyungsoo.)

Kyungsoo lets out a sob as he looks up and sees a ring in a black box in Kris's hands.

"Will you marry me, Kyungsoo?" Kris grins as Kyungsoo yells out a 'yesyesyesyesyes' and hugs the life out of him.

(Look, I'm on the floor again.)

Kyungsoo puts on the ring and grins happily, kicking out his legs.

(Annnnnd I'm under the couch.)

Ten minutes later...

"Where did my journal go?!"

Bonus:

The Thirteenth

Kris says he hates Kyungsoo's smile.

He hates his beautiful laugh.

He hates his squishy cheeks.

He hates his beautiful voice.

He hates his ability to cook great food.

He hates how well he fits in his arms.

He hates how small his hands are in his.

Kris tells his friends he's not proposing to Kyungsoo today.

(Kris is a horrible liar.)


Our popular lie journal is back again ~

Maybe I should make a story where his journal becomes human.

//Snorts.

Please leave comments/feedback.

They are appreciated <3 <3