Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

 

It was still early in the morning, 6 A.M. to be exactly. The sun still had not appeared fully behind the skycraper's buildings of Seoul. It was the last week of June, the beginning of summer. Yet the cold kept haunting Seoul in every single morning. Even a thin layer of fog covered some areas of Seoul, making the visibility dwindled.

 

"Taecyeon-ah, wake up!! Do you want to keep lying on the bed during summer, huh?"

 

"Waeyo, Khun? We are free today. Let me sleep." He said with closed eyes, not moving his body at all.

 

"Sssh, you-" He was interupted with the sound of white door screeching behind him before finishing his words, making him to look back at the opened door. A figure of man wearing brown black striped pajamas appeared from the door, walking towards Nichkhun standing beside Taecyeon's bed while the owner of the room was still lying in the bed with closed eyes and blanket covering his whole body.

 

"Hyung, I found it in front of our door." The shorter man explained and showed a sunflower in his hand. Then, he handed it to Nichkhun.

 

"For me, Wooyoung-ah?"

 

"Aniya. It is for Taecyeonie hyung. Just read the card." The man named Wooyoung pointed out at a yellow folded paper hanging on the sunflower's stalk.

 

Once after hearing Wooyoung's explanation, he unfolded the folded yellow paper. There was a line of sentence in a language he doesn't know written on it. The only thing he knows was there is word 'Taecyeon oppa' at the end of sentence.

 

"YAAAA!! Taecyeon-ah, you got a flower from your fan. Wake up!!" This time he shook Taecyeon's body, hoping he would wake up soon, but nothing was happened. Taecyeon did not even move his body at all. He felt annoying of waking up the rapper, he then left the room, followed by Wooyoung.

 

After two hours, the owner of the room began to open his eyes slowly, waking up from his peaceful sleeping. He unveiled the polka-dot blanket covering his whole body since last night. He rubbed his eyes for several times, then stretched his hand towards the small table beside his bed, grabbing a sunflower lying there. He stared at the sunflower and the folded yellow paper for a while before unfolding it. A row of words from a language he doesn't know was written on it.

 

Ich bin deine Sonnenblume, Taecyeon oppa

 

"Aiiissh, are you making fun of me by sending this sunflower in early morning? I don't even know what it means." He said in annoying tone as he put the sunflower back on the small table before walking out from his room.

 

 

*******

 

 

Today was a month since the sunflower incident. It was the 27th of July, at seven in the morning. A sunflower with a folded yellow paper hanging on the stalk was lying in the front of main door of 2PM's dorn. This time was not Wooyoung who found it, it was the maknae, Chansung.

 

The giant maknae immediately handed the sunflower to Taecyeon who was busy eating his breakfast. He stopped his activity and took the sunflower. He ended up reading the message written on the yellow paper. This time, he could read the message.

 

Soe kimi wa watashino nakade ichiban teraeiru taiyoudayo

 

His mouth muttered a row of words that was written on the yellow paper in his hand. While the maknae was standing beside the dining table, smiling to hear his hyung muttering those words.

 

"And you are the brightest sun for me?" Chansung repeated what Taecyeon just said in Korean. He only nodded his head as reply and put the sunflower to the other side of the table then continued his breakfast without saying anything.

 

 

*******

 

 

The third month of summer is almost over, leaving just four days before heading into September. It was the 27th of August. Again and again, a sunflower was lying in front of the main door of 2PM's dorm. This time, the oldest member of 2PM found it. Without unfolding the yellow paper, he knew it was for the rapper.

 

"For you, Taecyeon-ah." He cried, handing the sunflower to Taecyeon.

 

Without any comment, he received it and unfolded the folded yellow paper, then muttered a row of words in Japanese.

 

Watashi wa itsumo kimino koto wo miteiru

 

"I always look at you." Junho who just got out from the bathroom and heard his hyung muttering that words instantly repeated that words in Korean. "Is she a sasaeng fans, hyung?"

 

"I don't think so. She didn't send me weird stuff, only sunflower." He said as flipped the yellow paper, hoping there would be any clue.

 

"And the yellow paper that was written 'You are the brightest sun for me and I always look at you', huh?"

 

Taecyeon was in silence, staring at Junho heading to his room. He could not find any words to respond Junho's words.

 

 

*******

 

 

The autumn was just begun. The leaves a month ago were still freshly green. Now, it turned into yellow or brown colored. At this time, the autumn wind felt so much colder than last year, making everyone prefer to stay at home rather than wandering outside. Likewise Taecyeon, he prefered to stay at his comfortable room, doing nothing, until he remembered one thing. The 27th of September. He immediately got up of his bed, half running into the main door passed Wooyoung and Chansung, making them watching television slightly jump.

 

He came back with sunflower which was sent every 27th. He approached Wooyoung and Chansung, then sat in the couch with them. He started unfolding the yellow paper hanging on the sunflower's stalk while two waited patiently. They were curious what sentence was written on it.

 

EKD-TLS-DL SK-DML AH-TMV-DMF AH-FMS-EK-RH GO-EH RHOS-CKSG-DK

 

"Igeo mwoya? Is she learning to write alphabet, hyung?"

 

Taecyeon just sighed as a respond of Wooyoung's question. He himself did not know what it meant. Even her writing could not be read, making his forehead frowned.

 

"Taecyeon hyung, she is weird, same as you." Chansung said, pointing at the yellow paper in Taecyeon's hand.

 

"YAAA!! What did you say? Weird like me?"

 

 

*******

 

 

A month passed and today was the 27th of October, at 11 P.M. The members' of 2PM got off of van being parked in the garage in their dorm. They walked towards to the main door and found a sunflower lying in the floor (again). Taecyeon rushed taking the sunflower and got in to their dorm.

 

"Hyung, you don't wanna read it with us?" Junho asked Taecyeon once he saw Taecyeon left s behind.

 

He stopped, turning his head, "No." He continued to walk towards his room.

 

"YAAA!! I'm curious, hyung." Junho shouted when he saw the door of Taecyeon's room is closed.

 

Immediately, Taecyeon threw himself on the bed. His hand unfolded the yellow paper.

 

RJ-RL SN-RNS-RK-RK SJ-QH-EK SLC-SL-EH RHOS-CKSG-DK, SO-RK SJ-DML GKS-TKD RUX-DP DLTT-DJ-WNF-RP

 

Again and again, there was just a collection of alphabet that couldn't be read. It made him sighing deeply before finally putting the sunflower on the small table and rushed to sleep, ignoring the message that was written on the yellow paper.

 

 

*******

 

 

The six members of 2PM were gathering in the living room of their dorm, staring at an object–a folded yellow paper–that made them curious during these past six months, especially Taecyeon. A yellow paper hanging on the sunflower's stalk had been unfolded, showing a row of alphabets that could not be read again.

 

RJ-RL DJS-WP-SK SJ-DML GO-QK-FK-RL-RK EHL-DJ-WNF-RP

 

"What does she actually want to say to you, Taecyeon-ah?" Minjun who sat in the left side of Taecyeon asked in curiousity tone. Taecyeon just shook his head.

 

"I think I knew, guys." Nichkhun took away the yellow paper from Taecyeon's hand. Five pair of eyes were staring at him, waiting him to explain his thought.

 

"Hangul Jamo Unicode. Junho used it for his twitter's username." The Thailand man explained. "I will translate it."

 

"Chankanman!" Taecyeon shouted as he ran to his room and returned with two yellow papers in his hand.

 

"This is the first paper, and this one is the second." He handed two yellow papers to Nichkhun.

 

In less than ten minutes, the collection of alphabet from three yellow papers had been translated into hangul, making all 2PM's members stunned.

 

"Taecyeon hyung, look at this." Wooyoung pointed at the behind of the third yellow paper. All eyes went to him. "There is something written here."

 

I wait for your coming on the 27th of December

 

"Is not it Taecyeon's hyung birthday? And we will have a fanmeeting, right?" asked Chansung.

 

All members nodded in agreement.

 

 

*******

 

 

The 27th of December. Taecyeon waited this day for a month. Not only because it was his birthday or the fanmeeting, more than that, it was because he would meet someone who always sent him a sunflower every month during these past few months.

 

"Manager hyung, I have to go for a while, okay?!"

 

The manager had not time to answer. He got out of the backstage quickly, making the members stunned.

 

The tall man was wandering on some areas of Seoul, wearing a brown knee-length coat, hat, and sunglasses. No one recognized him as the rapper of 2PM. His long leg stopped when he saw a girl with yellow dress and white cardigan at the corner of the road. She brought a basket of red roses and gave it to anyone who passed by. Without hesitation, he approached her. He did not know whether she is the 'girl' or not, but he had a feeling that the girl is her.

 

The girl was about to give him a red rose, but took away his sunglasses and she took back her rose.

 

"Sunflower girl." He asked her, lowering his body to see the girl in front of her more clearly.

 

The girl gasped for a moment, then replied, "I am Park Hyeri." She cleared before talking something else.

 

"Saengil chukha hamnida. Saengil chukha hamnida. Saranghaneun uri Taecyeon. Saengil chukha hamnida." She handed a sunflower to him.

 

"Thank you." He said in soft voice while receiving the sunflower. "But why do you give me sunflower instead of red rose?"

 

"Because roses are selfish." Hyeri replied in short. A smile was visible at the corner of her lips.

 

"Then, why is it sunflower?"

 

"Because it symbolizes loyalty and adoration. No matter if the person she loved noticing her presence or not, no matter if there is someone who is brighter than the person she loved, she will only look at one person, her sun." She paused for a while before continuing her words, "Did not I say this every month with the sunflower?"

 

"Yeah, you said it in a language I don't understand."

 

Hyeri chuckled hearing Taecyeon's answer. "Everything is written on that yellow paper." She pointed at the folded yellow paper hanging on the sunflower's stalk in Taecyeon's hand.

 

Ich werde immer deine Sonnenblume sein, oppa. Saengil chukhahaeyo! Annyeong~” Hyeri bowed and walked away, leaving him behind with confused expression.

 

Realizing the girl had disappeared from before him, he rushed unfolding the yellow paper. There were some familiar words. They were sentences he got from these past few months from her. This yellow paper explained everything he wanted to know.

 

 

Ich bin deine Sonnenblume, Taecyeon oppa (I am your sunflower, Taecyeon oppa)

 

Soe kimi wa watashino nakade ichiban teraeiru taiyoudayo (And you are my brightest sun)

 

Watashi wa itsumo kimino koto wo miteiru (I always look at you)

 

EKD-TLS-DL SK-DML AH-TMV-DMF AH-FMS-EK-RH GO-EH RHOS-CKSG-DK (Dangsini naui moseubeul moleundago haedo gwaenchanha / It is okay if you do not see my presence)

 

RJ-RL SN-RNS-RK-RK SJ-QH-EK SLC-SL-EH RHOS-CKSG-DK, SO-RK SJ-DML GKS-TKD RUX-DP DLTT-DJ-WNF-RP (Geogi nugungaga neoboda bichnado gwaenchana. Naega neoui gyeote isseojulge / No matter if there is someone who brighter than you. I always be beside you)

 

RJ-RL DJS-WP-SK SJ-DML GO-QK-FK-RL-RK EHL-DJ-WNF-RP (Naega eonjena neoui haebaragiga dwieojulge / I will always be your sunflower)

 

Ich werde immer deine Sonnenblume sein (I will always be your sunflower)

 

 

 

 

***THE END***

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunflower, symbol of faith, loyalty, and adoration. The idea that this plant follows the path of the sun all day means that it is seen as a symbol of unbending faith,loyalty and devoted love.

–NN-

 

 

You’re mysunshine, youre my everyhappiness, is this destiny?

I love you, who’s like a dazzling sun!

–Hikari Hinamoto in her image song “Happy! Sparky!”