Final

Should We?

She woke up feeling numb. She rubbed her right side bed. No trace of someone sleeping there the night before. "Uhm. Oppa wasn't going home again? That's the the third time this month," she muttered.

She got up and headed to the bathroom washing herself clean. Being a good housewife, she prepared some breakfast for her loving husband before she packed the breakfast and some clothes for him and went to his office.

---

"My work is finally done. Better get some breakfast first. I'll call Yoongie later," he murmured to himself right when his secretary went in to his office.

"Oppa, you didn't go home last night, do you?" his new secretary, named Hyera addressed him. Hyera was actually his cousin. She used to live in the States and now back in Korea.

"Yes, I had some work to do. Hyera, I forgot to introduce you to Yoona again. Aigoo. Remind me later, arraseo?"

''Ne, oppa. I'm still so sorry I couldn't make it to your wedding almost two years ago. And do you want me to buy you some breakfast, sajangnim?"

"Please note not to call me 'Sajangnim', it sounds awkward. No need to feel sorry, Hyera. Yes, I'm hungry. Let's go to the cafetaria downstair,"

---

Right when she entered his office building, she saw him walking together with a young lady. 'It must be his new secretary,' she thought. She waved to them but unfortunately they already accelerated to the lift from the cafetaria.

'I'm late again like always. He should have had eaten his breakfast. I'm not going to burden him to have double breakfast'

She was walking to the lift when someone greeted her from behind. "Yoona-ya, long time no see, darling. How are you?"

It was her unnie who worked here too. This company was actually a merger. Her parents and his parents were good acquaintances. And when they found out their children, Yoona and Seunggi, were dating and about to get married soon, they didn't consider twice and decided to merge the two big companies. The company currently belonged to both families.

"I'm fine, unnie. What about you? Don't you find it pretty confusing to work while being a housewife as well, unnie?"

"Not at all, Yoong. I mean, my child is already 5 years old and I missed working so much. That's why I asked permission from my husband. Gladly he allowed me," the unnie grinned.

"Ah I see. Unnie, why didn't you come to visit me with Jonghyun or Dongwook oppa as well? I feel quite lonely at home, you know?" Yoona pouted.

"That's why you two should have some child, so you won't be feeling lonely at home. What's the point of getting married if you don't want to have a child?"

"Getting married isn't only about having a child, unnie-ah. We're happy living as two. We are just not ready yet,"

"Well good luck then, Yoong," she paused. "I have to leave, Yoona-ah. It pasted 5 minutes already,"

"Get going, unnie. But can I ask you some favor? Give this package to Seunggi. It's his new clothes,"

"Aigoo. Why do you guys still act like a newly-wed couple? Gosh,"

"We don't. Bye unnie. See you,"

"See you, Yoong,"

---

That was one of his first few absences at home. He started not going home more times and she started growing impatient too. Until he couldn't come to her father's birthday party did she voice her saying.

"Why couldn't you come to appa's birthday party? You know very well he expected you to come a lot," That's was her greeting when he arrived home.

"I have some meeting to attend, Yoong. He sure will understand. I'll give him a call later,"

"No need to do that. I've covered it up for you,"

"Really? Ah arraseo,"

"Don't you feel sorry for not coming?"

"Of course I feel sorry,"

"What about forgetting our 2nd annivesary?"

He stiffened at his place. 'Holy crap. I really forgot about that at all. So that's why Yoona has been acting cold lately since last week,"

"I'm sorry, Yoong. I...,"

She cut me off by saying, "You just don't care anymore, oppa. I know it,"

"You know it's not like that,"

"I only know that you're bored with this wedding. That's all,"

"Bored?"

"Yes, so why don't we just file our divorce files tomorrow? But I'm afraid you won't have time for that. You've been extremely busy these days," she said.

"Yes, I won't have for that. First, I'm not bored with this wedding. Second, I don't want this marriage to come to an end and last but not least, I'm sorry for being busy these few days. A few months to be exact," he answered. "And I love you," he whispered.

She ignored his whisper and continued, "It's not only about you, oppa. I'm bored too with a wedding which works only one way, I....,"

He shut her up by kissing her. A long kiss.

When they parted, he whispered, "Please don't. I know I was wrong but let me fix my mistake instead of getting divorce. I know you're mad because I couldn't attend appa's birthday party but I...,"

"I don't know. Give me some time,"

"Ne," With that he embraced her tightly into his arms, not willing to let go.

"I'm sorry too for barging in. You must be tired," she murmured to his chest.

He still could hear her and replied, "Gwaenchana. Let's go to sleep,"

---

And by some time, Yoona meaned two weeks away to Jeju.

Seunggi found out the later day when he woke up and found a note on their cupboard, which was written:

'Oppa, when you read this note, I must be on the plane already. I'm sorry for going without your permission. I just need some time away. From you. From our marriage. From everything. I need some time to redeem myself. I wish you would understand. I'll come back two weeks again on your birthday, oppa. Don't worry about me,"

---

Seunggi can survive the first week quite well but not the second week. On the ninth day, he decided to catch up with her wife at Jeju.

---

Yoona seemed to solve her problems quite well. She had come to realise her childishness and everything. She finally could get rid of her biggest fear no one had ever known. The actual reason why they postponed having a child wasn't because she was not ready yet since she's too young. Well she was not ready but not because of her age. She wasn't ready because she was afraid. Afraid of not being able to raise her child well. Afraid of not being able to be a good umma. Like everyone knew, she and her sister weren't raised with a mother by their side. Her mother left them for some reasons she couldn't afford herself  to ask her father. After all, she didn't want to hurt her father.

She had ever done some research and she found out the ugly truth about her umma. She didn't hate her mom and she had already forgiven her but she just couldn't forget. But now much to her dismay, she realised that there's no need to be afraid with Seunggi by her side. She mentally cursed herself for asking  for divorce. What if Seunggi agreed? She would be dead meat by now. She decided to come back earlier and gave Seunggi some early birthday surprise. She would explain herself too.

---

Seunggi entered Grand Jeju Hotel. Yoona didn't say/write anything where she stayed at Jeju but Seunggi knew his wife better than anyone.

---

Yoona was packing her stuff when she got a telephone call from the hotel receptionist who told her that her reservation at the hotel restaurant was ready.

"I'm sorry but I think there must be some mistake. I've never reserved any table at the hotel restaurant,"

"But the reservation here is under the name Yoona and room 530, madam,"

"But I really didn't reserve any,"

"I'm sorry, madam, but could you please come to the restaurant to verify yourself if you really reserved a table there or not?"

"Okay. Give me 5 minutes,"

---

When she arrived at the restaurant, they told her to go to the VIP room directly to meet the manager there.

"Pardon me. Are you the manager?"

He turned around to face her and when finally she saw her husband instead of the manager, she screamed, "Oppa???"

She took a few steps and hugged him tightly. He her hair and asked, "Do you miss me?"

"A lot," she answered.

"Then why are you not going home?"

"I actually plan to go home by today and give you some early birthday surprise,"

"Really? Ah I should haven't come here then,"

"Why?"

"I think I could bear one more day of missing you if I got some surprise in return," he teased.

"Mwo? But by thay you mean you miss me too, right?"

"Of course I miss my wife,"

They're still hugging when Seunggi broke the silence, "You know you have a lot of explanation to do,"

"And so do you. Why haven't you told me that our new secretary is so young and pretty?"

"Of course she is pretty. It's genetic,"

"Genetic?"

"Yes, she's my cousin, Yoong,"

"Jinjja? Then what's the point of being jealous here?" she blurted out.

"Jealous? You are jealous with Hyera? Aigoo. But it's actually my fault. I forgot to tell you. I'm sorry,"

"Ne. I'm sorry too for being childish. You were busy with work and I didn't understand. I...,"

"Sttt. It's not your entire fault. I should have told you my plan,"

"What kind of plan?"

"I planned to have some vacation with you during my birthday period for 2 weeks. That's why I had been so busy,"

"Really? I'm so sorry, oppa. Hm. I want to apologize for another thing too,"

"What kind of thing?"

"I apologize for lying. I wanted to postpone having a child not because I'm too young. It's because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to raise our child well. But I'm not afraid anymore. I have you so why should I be afraid?" she smiled.

"I knew it already, darling,"

"Hmm?"

"Noona told me that long time ago when we just got married,"

"Really?"

"Yeah, she guessed so. You'd never talked openly about that to anyone, even your sister," he sniffed her hair.

"I was too afraid. Oppa? What about throwing all the pregnancy safeguard once we arrived home? We don't need that anymore,"

"Yeah. Let's have a lot of children. Should we?"

"Yes, we should. Oppa, saranghae,"

"Nado, Yoongie-ah," with that he kissed her wife with love.