Cold

Cold

10:53pm – Oppa rehearsing? I’m sorry I couldn’t attend the open concert, how is it going? My condition is like this and the weather outside is really no joke, I can’t. Say my hi to the others, take care.

 

You made sure your phone showed the ‘message sent’ notification before turning your attention back to the assignments in your desk. It’s the second semester already and drawing shouldn’t be hard at this time. But what could you say? It’s been two days since you caught a cold and the bangs in your head had put you through a lot of hardship just to finish one drawing.

B.A.P had an open concert tonight and it should be over by the time you texted him. You know, like a music show but at the outdoor stage. It’s spring already yeah we know, but the winter still lingered and the wind was extremely freezing while your condition was like that. Of course you couldn’t come.

 

10:57pm – Hey, it’s alright. We’re still heading back to the studio, the concert was fine. There’re a lot of people so it’s not as cold as we thought it would. How’s your cold? Still working on assignments? Don’t wait for me tonight, we will be done at dawn maybe. Just sleep, get well soon.

 

Yeah, he lived in B.A.P’s dorm and you lived with your own family in your own house, but it had been a habit for you two to wait for each other to go to sleep.

 

10:58pm – It’s fine, I’ll wait. I don’t know how soon I can finish this, anyway. Oppa should be there by now, right? Go rehearse, you awesome idol. Don’t get attached and distracted too much by your phone—which means by me, kkk. Miss you.

 

True. Since the First Sensibility promotion, it’s been hard to meet each other. Well, this condition was not the first time anyway, you’ve experienced it before, at Badman promotion. Promotion will be promotion eventually, busy everywhere, sleep deprived everywhere. And those were times when you had to be an understanding girlfriend.

He didn’t reply. If you weren’t mistaken, he should be rehearsing already. Never mind. You shouldn’t mind. But what do you do if you did. In the end, you were just a girlfriend with a little cold who wanted a little more attention than usual from your boyfriend, and you just kept on shaking those thoughts off of your mind.

You hated how all these deadlines and headache made you so fussy and all moody. You wanted A for a second, and then wanted B the next second. You requested something impossible to get, and you literally cried your lungs out because of that.

Deep sigh escaped your lips as you took your glasses off, after putting your ruler and pencil down too. A minute or two of rest wouldn’t kill, right? It wouldn’t delay too much either. You just felt so tired. All you wanted was those deadlines to finish themselves, that headache to go screw itself, your room to become warmer somehow, and your boyfriend to be there 24/7. And you knew you couldn’t have any of it and that fact made your eye tear up. You were at that state.

The deadlines' pressure and the cold's pain were that bad.

Just right in time, your phone rang continuously. A call. From him you’ve been anticipating since forever. And you checked the time. 11:19.

“Hey,” you chirped in a weird voice. Blame the cold.

“Hey. You’re still awake,”

“Well, Oppa called so—“

“If it’s because I called then I’ll hung up,” he responded quickly.

“No, no, no—don’t! My assignments haven’t done anyway so what do I do...”

“Fine, but you really need to sleep as soon as possible, don’t wait for me, really,”

“Yes...—“ you answered half-heartedly. “What are you doing right now, Oppa?”

“Me? Calling you.” You could picture his smile from his tone.

And you let out a slight chuckle. “No, I mean, right there,”

“Ah, right here? We just arrived, listened to some instruction and right now preparing to rehearse. You yourself? Still need a lot of time to finish those drawings? Tell me again how many drawings you have to make?” A little rustle could be heard at the background.

“Eleven, I’ve done three and now I’m doing on the fourth, I’ll stop after that. Four is the minimum requirement for tomorrow’s deadline though. But I really can’t go on with such headache, I’m so going to stop after this one,” you whined, almost saying that you wanted him to keep you company but you realize you couldn’t be so selfish.

“Oh my god, that’s a lot of works to do—Daehyun-ah!—I’m really sorry I couldn’t be there—let’s go the preparation is done!—“ he stopped for a second, feeling a glint of guilt, “well—everyone is already here, Daehyun-ah!—I guess I have to—Okay really, cut it now, you’re not only impeding our rehearsal but also making us jealous for not having any girlfriend.” Both of you laughed at that words and it seemed like Himchan was the one who said that from a far.

“You need to go or maybe they will kick you out of the group,” you jokingly said between laughter. You couldn’t let him go after some seconds of talks but yeah, that’s the right thing to do.

“No way they will. Who will sing then?” he defended himself.

“Well they have Youngjae, and you said Jongup's singing skill increased a lot these days.” Teasing Daehyun was always one fun thing to do because he would try so hard not to let himself lose. Boys and their high prides.

“Still, my fans will fight for me,”

“Oh my God okay you went overboard. You really need to go now,” you reminded, still under small chuckle.

“I know. Okay, we’ll meet as soon as possible, I’ll call tomorrow. Don’t forget to eat and drink, stay warm. Quickly finished that last paper so you can go to bed—“

“And you are being a mom again,”

“It’s because I’m so worried right now. Promise me you will do everything I mentioned earlier?”

“Yeah. I’m sorry to make you worried a lot. I promised I’ll get well soon and I’ll take a good care of myself in the future so I won’t get sick again, okay? Don’t get too distracted too, by the way.” A tone of sorry was crystal clear in your voice. Both of you are desperately missing each other, true.

”I’ll try, okay they are starting to throw me with things, I got to go, see you, get well soon,”

“M-hm,” a little hum and you hang up while you have the heart to do so.

With the strength of the voice you just heard, his spirits and his nags, you wore your glasses again and got back to work. It shouldn’t take long for this one to finish.

 

---

 

Your fingers rubbed your eyes and you wanted to cry as soon as you realize that it was Monday morning. Back to college. Back to activities. And still, no boyfriend available beside you. After reminiscing for a while, you remembered you went to bed when the clock almost pointed twelve.

Slowly, you reached your phone on the table.

 

04:13am – Hey we’re heading dorm. I hope you already asleep like you promised and I hope this message won’t wake you up. I madly miss you like really miss you I’m going to die if I don’t see you soon but I don’t think we can’t do so in the mean time. Good night (or morning? Kk).

 

A wide smile made its own way on your lips. Daehyun really knew how to treat you and absolutely made your day.

 

07:02am – You know you really know how to make my day, right? Thankfully and unfortunately I didn’t even hear the message coming. Good morning, I think and I hope you’re still asleep since you came home very late, and I hope this message won’t bother you either. I have to get ready to college, bye.

 

By then, you left your bed in such an awesome mood. What a very nice way to start your day and your week.

 

---

 

It’s just college and you were basically not that type of girls who wore mask of make up on their face when leaving home so you didn’t take long to prepare. Still far from the time of the first class would start and you were already leaving your front door. But much to your own surprise, to find Daehyun in front of it. In his favorite pair of shoes, dark jeans and a long black coat above his casual tee.

“Oppa? What are you doing? Here? This early? Is this really you? You texted you just came back from studio at four. Are you not sleeping?” Question after question slipped from your lips just like that. Too confused to see him suddenly in front of you. Too worried if everything’s fine.

“Ya! Is that the right respond to your boyfriend who made it this early to come to your house before you leave, more over after long time not seeing each other? I’m touched here,” he answered in an amusing tone. A slight smile formed in his face. In his tired face.

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry I didn’t mean it like that, but look at you,” your palms reached his face, carefully caressing his tired face, his eye bag, his pale skin, “you really didn’t get sleep?”

“I did. But I didn’t text you lies. I miss you so bad I’m going to die if I didn’t see you soon, so I made time. The worst thing I expected was, I’m late and you already left, haha.” His laugh sounded sincere but tired. Slightly, you caught his body leaning towards you.

Waiting no longer, you slid your arms under his coat to hug his warm figure. Daehyun was always warm. He was always the warmth you need and nothing could calm you more than his natural warmth.

“Why? You should’ve just sleep instead of going here. Sleep while you can, don’t act like you don’t know how busy promotion is.” Your nagging buried between his shirt and coat because you nuzzled your head so deep.

“And guess who said it while hugging me like there’s no tomorrow,” he said laughing and moving his arms to hug your small figure. One at your narrow shoulders and the other at your slim waist.

“I miss you and you have no idea how I wanted to meet you so bad, but I know you have to keep your priorities,” you sighed. It felt like you can actually sleep in this position, even if you were standing, as long as you hugged him, you were feeling like you could always stay comfortable.

“I’m sorry. That’s why I came. Today’s schedule started at noon while your college started early, I couldn’t stop myself to sacrifice a half or an hour of my sleep to meet you for a while than none at all,” he whispered at the crown of your head,” I can always go back to sleep after this. With a better mood because I’ve met you,”

“Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I don’t know anything else to say,”

“You don’t have to say any. But time is running out and you have class to attend, now that’s enough and be a mature lady, go,” he said half willingly as he untangled both of you.

Sad expression clearly painted in your face and he recognized it.

“If I know you will be like this, I won’t come at all in the future,” he teased with a funny smile.

Liked it or not, you tried to smile. Yeah, this should be enough. A little meet up was absolutely better than nothing at all, wasn't it? The perks of having an idol as your boyfriend.

His hands were on your cheeks and he leaned closer, he was going to kiss you so you quickly covered your lips with one of your palm. “I caught a cold, remember?” your words were muffled but still clear enough for him to hear.

He let out a sigh. “If it’s not because of the promotion and I have to stay fit, I would kiss you anyway, but until that time—“ he lifted his head and left a long kiss at your forehead, “let’s just be patient. Bye, be a good student,”

You nodded and started to walk away, of course, with a wide smile in face.

 


This is so short and plotless right? ;-; Forgive any writing mistake I'm so sleepy and I didn't reread it, I'll reread it later and correct it then ;-;

I'm sorryyy ;-; It was so pretty in my mind didn't think it will come out like this ;-;

I think my ability to write decrease because I rarely write and because deadlines are all over my mind oh my god I'm so sorry ;-;

I have a lot of assignments to do and actually I'm sooo spirit-deprived right now so would you mind to cheer me up? ;--; It will mean a lot and I really do love you my readers of my awful stories ;-; ♥