3 -(Set)

After All, It's First love

He never said that he loved him, that he liked him. Because he said that that was not his feeling for him.

Taemin never said those three beautiful words…

 



 

Taemin had an answer for everything, but he had a unique way to answer them – it is by asking another question until the subject change into another. Like when he asked him, why he is so thin.

“Do I have to be fat?”

“No, but you are so thin that I am afraid a strong wind will carry you away.”

“Are you worried or are you jealous of the wind?”

“What?”

“You’re jealous of the strong wind because it might carry me away from you.”

“I’m jealous because I love you. And I don’t want anything that might take you away from me.”

He had an answer for everything but he still managed to avoid most of his important questions.

“Where are you from Taemin? You just suddenly appear out of nowhere.”

“I’m from future Minho.”

And after that answer, their conversation ended by them discussing about some philosopher.

At first he hated it. It looked like Taemin doesn’t want to talk or to have a proper conversation with him. That he was bored talking to him. But as days went by, he realized that, that was his way to keep their conversation alive.

Taemin. Taemin remained mysterious to him. He doesn’t talk much about him. He doesn’t want him to pick him up from his home or to walk him home. Like their first day dating – not yet official if they were already dating that day – Taemin refused his offer to walk him home no matter how much he wanted to. Because the next day will be Saturday and he can’t see him until Monday morning, he wanted to lessen the hours he had to wait to see him again. Because just like Taemin, he doesn’t want to wait for – who know how many hours – for him to see Taemin again.

He doesn’t want him to pick him up. He said they can just meet at the cherry blossom.

And that was he did. He waited for him under the cherry blossom every morning.

 



 

“Yuri, go wake your bro—oh, you’re awake?” His mother said when he entered the kitchen.

“Morning.” He hanged this bag down beside his chair, then poured some milk in his glass. He greeted.

“I had been noticing Minho, you’ve been waking up really early this past few day. What’s wrong with you?” His mother asked him while making some pancakes.

“Are you not happy Mom? It lessened your work by waking me up.”

“FYI. I was the one who had a hard time, waking you up.” His sister, Yuri, said while texting.

“But Noona, you don’t have to do it if you don’t really want to.”

“Then what? Be scolded by Mom? I’d rather used my fist to punch your face so that you’ll wake up from your dreamland.” His mom smacked his sister’s arms and warned her to put her phone down. “Ouch Mom.”

“How many times I told you. No—”

“Cellphone on the dining table.” Yuri finished. “I know. I know.” She started to eat her pancake – phone was still in her hands.

“Have you already decided to join the soccer team, is that why you’re always early? For practice?”

His mom had been forcing him to join in the soccer club, or any sport in his school, but he was too lazy to do that. Wake up early. Practice. Fangirls shouting his name – he knew because he tried to play once - he can’t concentrate because of the loud screaming of the girls. And he was worried that his grades might go down once he joined the club.

“No, Mom. I don’t want to play. Studying is too much for me.”

“You know playing sports is a nice exercise. And also it can help you to be more productive instead of locking yourself in your room and drown your ears from listening to music.” His dad joined them in the dining.

He also noticed that his obsession to music became more serious since he met Taemin. He was looking for a new song that they can listen together. “Maybe someday.”

“Wait. Don’t tell me you’re waking up so early in the morning to pick up your girlfriend?”

He almost choked after hearing the word girlfriend. Though Taemin looked like a girl. He still can’t past as a girl. He looked at his mom, amused. How did she know? He thought. He averted his mother’s eyes to avoid the question, but it was already too late since his face already answered her question.

“Minho, we are not against if you are really dating. But remember, study is always first.”

He just nodded and continued to dig in his pancake.

“Wanna bring her here?” His dad asked him.

“Hmm?”

“Your girlfriend.”

 “But Minho, doesn’t have a girlfriend.” Yuri said. When he turned to her, she was grinning.

Don’t tell me—

“It’s a boyfriend.” Yuri cut what he was thinking.

His dad turned to him with a super-wide eyes. “Is she telling the truth? Minho?”

He cleared his throat. He wanted to answer, but his sister took care of that. As if she was his spokeswoman.

“It’s the new kid. Mr. and Mrs. Lee’s son.”

“You mean, Lee Jong Kuk?” His mom and dad asked at the same time.

He saw that his sister nod. How does she know the name of Taemin’s parents when he, himself, was not aware where Taemin house was? Maybe that was the advantage of being their town’s Teen Generation President. He should have accepted her offer when she asked him to be her vice president.

He stood up from his chair and grabbed his bag that was lying on the floor. “Gotta go now. Bye.”

“But you haven’t answered my question Minho? Is your sister telling the truth?”

“Do you really have to ask him, dad? Look at his face. He’s blushing.” His sister while laughing.

“Bye.” He said again.

“Be sure you top Minho. You know what I mean.” Yuri continued to before he stepped out of the room.

“Are you sure Yuri?”

He heard his dad asked his sister while he was putting his shoes on.

“Don’t worry dad. I don’t think they will be—.”

And that is when he left their house. He didn’t hear what his sister said.

 



 

They were sitting under the cherry blossom one afternoon. Their class was cancelled because there was a sudden faculty meeting. Taemin was sitting beside him, leaning on the tree while reading a book – he doesn’t have a manga anymore – he borrowed a book in the library before they left the school.

It was so quiet. And all that they can hear is the rustling of the leaves and the sound of the wind.

“Taemin-ah?” He broke the silence. He wanted to hear Taemin’s voice. He liked to listen to Taemin’s voice.

“Hmm?” The other answered. His eyes were still in his book. 

He laid down on the other’s lap and he looked at him. “Do you think I’m handsome?” He asked.

Taemin continued to read and he didn’t give him any hint that he was interested in his question.

“Taemin-ah? Am I handsome?” He asked again.

“If I said no, are you going to leave me?” Taemin answered.

“No. I am not that kind of person.” He took away the other’s book so that he can see his face. His eyes. “So? Am I handsome or not?”

Taemin stared at him for a minute, like he was observing and studying his face. “You have big eyes.” He said then he touched his eyes, then his hands moved in his cheek. “But you have a small face. They are not match. You have a small lip, your cheek is so fluffy. Your face is a mess Minho.” He smiled slightly.

“So you’re saying that I am not handsome?”

“Yeah.” Taemin answered bluntly. “But it doesn’t matter to me.” He tried to get his book back, but he didn’t give it to him.

“It doesn’t matter to you because you still love me even if I am not handsome?”

Taemin didn’t answer. He wanted him to say that he loved him. He had never heard that from him. And he was so eager to hear that. And he had a mission, he had to hear it that from Taemin. No matter what happened.

“Taemin, what you really feel for me?” He asked.

“You don’t want to hear it.” Taemin answered while still trying to get his book back.

He sat up to face him. He hid the book in behind him. “But I want to hear it.”

“You’ll run away from me.”

He was not even surprised that Taemin spoke like that. It was like the last time when he said that he’ll not be able to stay. Taemin always has a riddle for him to solve.

“I won’t.” He said with a serious face to pushed Taemin to say what he wanted to hear.

“I…I…” Taemin stared straight into his eyes. “I can’t do it.” He closed his eyes while shaking his head. “Just give me my book.” He tried to take his book from his back, but because he moved so fast, he lost his balance and landed on the top of him.

He held both of his shoulders. “Why can’t you do it? Don’t you love me?” He asked when he captured his gaze.

“I don’t love you Minho.” Taemin said with his serious voice.

He waited and waited, but Taemin seemed serious. He was serious.

“That’s kind of mean.” He chuckled. They sat up facing each other. Taemin’s eyes were still on him.

“Don’t laugh.” The other said. He held his hands and gripped it tightly, liked he was getting some strength from his hands. “Minho, I don’t love you. I don’t even like you. Because what am I feeling for you is more than that. This is more than love I’m feeling inside. I don’t want to say this because I am afraid it might burden you. This feeling of mine might burden you. But Minho, instead of saying I love you, I want to say I live for you. I will live only for you. Since that day you said that you’ll fall for me, that you love me, I’m not even mine anymore. Every breath, every heartbeat, they are all yours. I’m scared to say this because what if one day you’ll realize that you don’t really want me? What if you don’t really want me the way I want you? The way I need you.”

He looked at Taemin. Into his eyes and he saw that he was sincere. That he meant all what he said. He never knew that Taemin can say all those words. All he just wanted to hear is that three little words, but Taemin said too much. Too much for his heart.

He thought that he already fell deeply in love with Taemin, but he was wrong because he was still kept on falling in love with him, more deeper. And it looked like he will continue to fall for him until eternity. Until forever.

“It looks like you wanted to run.” He heard Taemin said.

“Yes. I wanted to run. I want to run and shout to the whole world that you are mine. I want them to know that you love – you live for me. I want them to know how crazy I am in love with you.” He cupped the other’s face. “I love you Taemin. And just like you. I am scared, more scared, that you don’t feel the same way for me.”

“But Minho, how long does this love will take? Where will this love take us?” Taemin suddenly said that made that made him flinch.

He wondered why Taemin kept on looking and asking for the future. “As much as I want to see the future to make sure that you’re there, with me, I want to cherish this moment with you Taemin, at this time, at this place. Let’s stay focus from where and when we are right now.” He moved his face closer to him until his forehead touched Taemin’s forehead. “Let’s enjoy our love right now, then we’ll think about the future in the future.”

He saw Taemin closed his eyes and he saw that he smiled. A very uncertain.

“I want to kiss you.” Taemin said which made him amazed.

“I want to kiss you more.” He said while his lips were slowly moving closer to the other’s lips. It was only an inch away when Taemin closed the gap between their lips.

Taemin’s lips were so soft that he was so scared that a wrong move might cut his lips. That if he deepened the kiss, it might hurt the other. So he decided the kiss to remain smooth. He doesn’t want to hurt him.

“I am yours Minho.” Taemin mumbled. “I am yours. Alone.”

 



 

....he said words that were more beautiful than I love you. That was more meaningful than I love you.   

 



 

First of all.

#PrayForSouthKorea

I don't have to say in this A.N. beside thank you every one for reading. I hope you like the update and I hope it still has your interest.

Thank you again ^_^