Chapter one

" I'll see you soon. " ♥

S u n n i

Hi. My name is Sunni; I am now a 2nd year student at Monroe Academy for the Talented and Gifted. I live with only my mom in an apartment and have a cat name Buki. Over the past five years I lost a hundred and ten pounds total. My biggest remark is the summer break in my first year of middle school.  Over the past 5 years I have forgotten who that boy’s name is or what he looks like.

Tomorrow is my first day from coming back from summer break. As you can see, my school is a little bit different. Summer break is only 3 weeks. Because instead of a 2 day weekend, we have a 3 weekend. Yup Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So instead of having 3 months of summer break we get a 3 day weekend in return. Our class year begins in the spring not fall. Monroe Academy is a private school, so yes, we have to wear uniforms.

Anyways– I took in such a big transformation during the summer of (which was 3 months then) my 6th grade middle school. I first did it for him, but then after a while I've been doing it for me. He had given the confidence. I look back and I still remember the words he told me "Change yourself for the better, don't let the better you." Also the key I received is been made into a necklace that I wear every day for a good luck charm. It just turned out to be that way.

“Aaaaawww, you’re so cute my little Sunni Bunny! I hope you find him one day! ” said my now best friend, Yuna. My nickname from Yuna is Sunni Bunny. After I lost weight, I was thin, but I never grew in height. This makes me small and petite. This reminds her somehow I am a bunny. I met Yuna when we were both First Year students at Monroe. She always bugs me to tell her the story about him. All. The. Time. “Psshh. Yea right, he isn’t coming back because the school year already started 3 months ago.” I replied to Yuna with a shrug.

We are right now at Caramel Café. It's a cute quiet place, where often girls meet. “Come on can’t you at least have hope that you are going to meet him again? I mean you lost all that weight for noth-”

“Yuna! I did it because it was my choice! You have no idea what I been through.” I yelled at Yuna. Even though I am happy I lost all that weight, it hurts to think that I been bullied, picked on, and got pitied by from other people. “I’m sorry Sunni that slipped out of my mouth. What I meant to say is … It’s not too late for you to hope that he will come back right?”

“You’re right. Sorry.” I looked out the window of the Café. I hold the key hanging from the chain. I wonder where he is out there …