1/1

Acceptance
It had been weeks since they had finally told. Five weeks and four days to be exact. Apparently to them there was no better time than the ride home after the company dinner. So it was official, they were together. It was no longer just a small relationship anymore that only they would know about. He wasn't blind to it anyway, he knew all along, as if it wasn't obvious when they would offer to get all the members dinner rather than having it delivered, "since they wanted fresh air anyway." As if it was a mystery that his best friend who would often complain about liking a 'girl' when they went drinking but suddenly stopped talking about it all together and had even started to drink less because suddenly consuming alcohol was the worst thing someone could do their body. Did they really think that they were being so secretive when he could hear the sounds of them murmuring and kissing from below the bunk bed after three in the morning when they thought everyone else was asleep. It was disgusting. Just... disgusting.  
 
It had been weeks since he had talked to Junior, five weeks and four days to be exact. Of course, there were the interactions on set but other than that, it was as if there was always a wall between them. Mark had sat down with the younger ones that night, along with Jaebum. Jackson remembered hearing him say something along the lines of, "it's not wrong" and "you shouldn't see them any differently." And while the maknaes did show resistance at first, things had become normal between them soon enough. He had heard Jaebum talking to the new couple that proclaimed their interest in one another. Though some of the words were washed out he could hear him warning them that the situation was not ideal, when in a band together, and how problems between them shouldn't affect the group. Junior insisted that the two were not kids and that they knew what they're getting themselves into. 
 
Jackson was glad about one thing though, it may have been Yongjae's awkwardness but they never blatantly showed affection towards one another while they were around the rest. The glances in which he caught them holding hands or being overly friendly with each other did cause him to cringe every now and then. 
 
"You've been acting like an , you know that right?" The sudden voice caught his attention, mainly because it was spoken in English and he knew that Mark was not in the dorm at the moment. He glanced at the figure that was behind him, who had clearly witnessed him throwing looks at the couple that was sitting on the other side of the room talking. There was a frown on the boy's face, though it could have been barely called that. The look of disappointment would have been more accurate. 
 
"What is it? ...kid." The tone of his voice advertised his annoyance (which the younger easily neglected) and cocked his head towards their room indicating that he wanted to talk to him in private. The adorable ball of cuteness was all an act. He was never like that at the dorm, that was unless he needed something. When Bam Bam had something to say, it damn well was heard, well it was with the older members anyway. But the boy was 16, soon enough he would rule something... or get shot for saying the wrong thing, probably both. Once they were in the bedroom, Bam Bam closed the door. 
 
"What's wrong with you?!" The voice was hushed, but rough as if he was silently yelling. "You've been acting like a this whole time. Hyung-....hyung" the second time the boy used the word, his face quirked into an unreadable expression, "They didn't talk to you that day because they thought that you were old enough to understand and be open to these kind of things." He was getting a lecture from a 16 year old, amazing, Jackson was about to leave but was stopped by the boy's hand and was pushed back on to one of the beds. "You're not going yet. Not before you realize how much you hurt Jinyoung hyung and Youngjae hyung. You know they aren't together anymore?"
 
"They're not?" There was nothing more he could comment to that, all this being news to him. 
 
"No and do you know why?" That was not a question. The boy crossed his arms. "Because of your ty personality; that you've been walking around with the past month. Youngjae hyung didn't want you to start disliking Jinyoung hyung just because they were together, and Jinyoung hyung didn't argue because we're all a band and he didn't want to things to be different." Jackson stayed quiet letting the words sink in, "Jinyoung hyung tried to talk to you so many times and you just completely ignore him. If you want to be this homophobic for the rest of your life, that's fine.  But this is a group and that means you need to get over yourself and learn to work with other's differences whether you like it or not. The rest of us have been putting up with your for long enough and frankly I'm tired." There was a few moments before he spoke again, looking at the elder expectantly. "You know what the worst part of all this is? Jinyoung hyung still considers you a friend despite how you've been acting. If the fact that he likes men bother you so much, you should tell him to stop expecting because you clearly don't seem to care much for him. 
 
"We're best friends!-"
 
"Well you're damn well aren't acting like that." Jackson dug his face into his hands trying to hide how bad he had felt. He could feel the younger's gaze on him and moments later heard footsteps that got further by each step. "Don't let him down, hyung." He heard the younger say before opening and closing the door behind him. Jackson wasn't the one to cry when he was upset, but the overwhelming emotions formed a tear in his eyes which he quickly wiped away when he felt someone's presence next to him. He wondered if it was Junior and turned his head to the side to see only to find out that it was Yugyeom. 
 
"Hyung ed up, didn't he?" Jackson sighed and the boy simply nodded. 
 
"A little... yeah." 
 
"Hey... would you do something for me?" Jackson turned his whole body towards the boy and this time he reluctantly agreed. "I need to you to give Jinyoung hyung something." 
 
"Okay..." With that Jackson got up from the bed leaving the other to play with his phone while he picked up a pen and paper and started writing. 
 
'Jinyoung-ah~
 
     I don't really know how to start this but....' 
 
He crumbled up the paper before starting to write once again, it took a couple of tries until he was satisfied with it. He handed it over to Yugyeom and instructed him not to open it and give it to Junior without uttering another word. There wasn't much questions asked as the maknae did as he was told and handed the folded up paper into Junior's hands. He inspected the boy as he read the words wanting to see his reactions hoping that he still was able to forgive. He wasn't going to get used to it quickly, he had wrote in it, but he would, and that he wasn't being very supportive at the time and he wanted to apologize though he had not the courage to do it face to face. 
 
Bam Bam was a smart boy that one, for his age he knew how to deal with people. Despite the fact that he didn't like it, it was something he needed to hear, or he wasn't sure if he would have ever thought of it in the way the 16 year old put it. 
 
Weeks had passed since they had come out. It was hard for him at first but he had soon gotten used to it, and it turned out, that he had even gotten a chance to become closer to Yongjae after; though in the same band, there were times when interaction between them were no less than awkward and better yet, he had even started to think that their relationship was rather cute. 
 
"Whatcha doin?~" The sudden voice startled him once again, the boy's English catching him of guard.
 
"Nothing I- KID!" Jackson started to say quietly but the boy was quick, Bam Bam peaked through the gaps to see what the elder was looking at. 
 
"Eww hyung, why are you spying on them making out?" 
 
"I wasn't! shut up" Jackson pressed his hand against the boys mouth to push him  back and into the living room so that they were far away from the two as possible. Bam Bam grabbed the older boy's arm and pulled it down. 
 
"You curious, hyung?" 
 
"Definitely N-" Somehow the next thing Jackson could register was the younger's lips pressed against his; he didn't pull away though, aleast not for a few moments before he pushed the boy away with a bewildered look plastered on his face, "Wait- you... like men too?"
 
The words earned a laugh from the second maknae and with a shake of the head he spoke, "No, not even close. I was curious too." Unsure of how to react Jackson stared at the boy for a few seconds. 
 
"Well?" 
 
"Well... I don't know, you're a bad kisser, and your breath smells like alcohol so..."  The boy smiled but more a of smirk than anything. 
 
"Hey! I'm a great kisser!" 
 
"Prove it." 
 
"I'm not going to prove it." He wasn't fully aware of his words but he could see the boy smirk while crossing his arms as if he knew something. That something being the knowledge that Jackson had this weird thing where he got competitive over the stupidest things when drunk. 
 
"Yeah you are." 
 
A few moments of silence. 
 
"...Yeah I am, hurry and get into the bedroom."