NutCase

Neighbor Confessions

 

 

 

My head aches from the throbbing pain that was inflicted to me by the unclothed boy that is standing right before my not so innocent eyes, his semi tanned skin which gleamed due to his sweat, his abs that is semi perfectly sculpted, his soft gaze that seemed to question who I am, his lower torso that..uhmm..let’s not get carried away.

 

"I thought that the new tenant is a girl?”

 

‘So the chimpanzee can speak..’ I sarcastically thought, is he like blind or something? I am a girl for goodness sake, a girl! I have this uhmm..well maybe it’s smaller than the others but it still count as s right?.

 

“Kai!” the wide-eyed guy hissed as he threw the chimpanzee’s clothes.

 

“What?!” The chimpanzee-ah I mean Kai shouted back and spread the shirt that he hang right in front of him, “Don’t you have anything, that shows more?..I want everyone to see these babies of mine..” He added as he wiggled his brows.

 

“Don’t mind him, he’s just plain weird, I’m Kyung Soo by the way, but everyone calls me D.O”, D.O then extended his hand towards me, “I never thought that I can meet a crossdresser.”

 

“cross-dresser?” I repeated, “I-I’m not a crossdresser..”

 

“You’re not?” D.O asked as he gazed at me from top to bottom.

 

“Ah,D.O, Kai, where are the others?” finally the deskman spoke, it’s about time! I really hate talking to guys. “And our new tenant here, is miss Yoon MiJin is a girl for your further information.”

 

“She’s a girl? Really?!” Kai and D.O shouted rather loudly making me get goose bumps all over my body.

 

“Where are they? They were just here a while ago?” Mr. Deskman asked again.

 

“Seeing her faint made them all loose interest..” Kai shrugged and hovered the shirt above his head.

 

“Wear it Kai.” D.O hissed again.

 

“If they lost any interest then both of you are probably..”

 

“No, we really don’t want to trouble ourselves with him, I mean her, but D.O here started yelling and chased me to wear this stupid shirt.” Kai answered as he pointed at the shirt that he was currently wearing.

 

“Now to save ourselves from further trouble, we should get back to our unit right?..” D.O nudged Kai and pulled the latter with him.

 

Boys are really in a different universe, certainly away from the universe that I am in. I really don’t want to say this but hearing them talk casually as if I don’t exist made me really uncomfortable, well their presence made me feel super uncomfortable, I don’t hate boys and stuff like that it’s just that I hate socializing, I hate it if someone gives me the attention that I don’t even want, I also hate it when they get close really close. You see I have this thick wall that I invisibly created around me, making people feel like I don’t exist and I still plan to retain that. To make things seem clear, I also don’t like to speak or socialize with girls, in short I am a nerdy introvert who likes to be alone.

 

“Your room is on the 4th floor, room number 401” The deskman continued to speak as he gave me the keys, “There are 12 guys that is about your age living here and there are couples living in the 2nd floor and room 405 in the fourth floor, and we rarely accept female borders that plans to live alone, you know because of those guys, they’re popular and young making them uh—“

 

“A pain in the rear..” I said in a low voice.

 

“Huh? What is it?”

 

I just shook my head and continued to bow down.

 

“I just hope that you can stay longer than the other girls did..”

 

That line made me look at him.

 

“They all left, reason? I really don’t understand, but they leave after a week of staying in this dorm..they all walk away crying..”

 

“Don’t worry sir, I, I don’t plan to associate myself with them or with the other tenants, I just want to have my own space, thank you for your uh-warnings..” I hurriedly said as I scurried towards the elevator and pulled all my belongings in as I bade goodbye to the deskman.

 

 

 

As I opened the door that leads to my own sweet haven, my eyes instantly caught a glimpse of a semi-blonde or was it bronzed haired guy staring at me which quickly entered his unit, I sleepily turned the knob around opening the door and the lights. The unit is quite big, it’s enough to fit 2 or 3 people inside and I really don’t plan on bringing anyone in. After settling my stuff and arranging everything in place I began making an outline for the building. The outline shows me how many people are currently residing in the building.

 

On the second floor, the Jung Family occupies 2 units(204 & 205), unit 203 is reserved for their family’s clinic, unit 201 and 202 is mostly used as meeting areas, so the family somewhat occupies the whole second floor. Third floor, unit 301: Kim Joon Myun & Zhang YiXing, unit 304: Kim JongIn & Oh SeHun, Unit 305: Huang Zi Tao, unit 303: RESERVED(?). Fourth Floor unit 402: Do Kyung Soo, Park Chanyeol & Byun Baek Hyun, unit 403: Lu Han & Wu Yi Fan, unit 404: Kim Min Seok & Kim Jong Dae.

 

So basically, there is only one unit that holds three persons and that’s unit 402, I have met D.O and he seemed fine, but why didn’t I see Kai’s name? whatever, I shouldn’t concern myself with these guys anymore. Placing the outline just on top of my study desk I then took off my glasses and placed it on my right side.

 

 

 

‘You have expressive eyes, why are you hiding them?’ My therapist once asked.

 

‘Because if I show them my eyes, they might discover who I am. I want to live differently from them’ I answered making my therapist nod.

 

‘You can live your life the way that you want, you don’t need to-‘

 

 

 

 

 

A few knocks on my door made me jolt again, and in an instant as if it was programmed on my body I acted as if I am asleep.

 

“There will be breakfast on the first floor for the students, just notify me on the front desk tomorrow if you want to avail it.” The familiar voice if the deskman boomed outside my room.

 

I want to avail it just to save sometime but it would mean that I need to associate to other tena—wait then does-uh- yeah the deskman mentioned before that the boys are just around my age. Well some of them..I think.

 

Well even if this apartment has more boys occupants as tenants at least it’s not noisy, at least I can-

 

“Kai! Get your freaking back here!” D.O’s familiar shout echoed just outside my room, “Please wear your pants!”

 

“Make me!” Kai shouted back and then a loud thud can be heard, a thud right outside my freaking door!

 

*Knock Knock

 

Oh no he did not just knock on my door.

 

“I know you’re still awake, please let me in..” I heard Kai gently shout at my door, “Or should I just break in..” He added.

 

I slowly got up from my chair and went near my door.

 

“Y-why?” I squirmed behind my door.

 

“I just need to hide from D.O and your room is somewhat near to mine..so..ppali!”

 

“No.”

 

“Come on, just this once and I promise I won’t bother you again.” He pleaded.

 

“No.”

 

“D.O may look nice but he knows how to kill people. I swear I’m telling the truth!!” He continued to knock on my door, “please..I don’t want to die.”

 

Wait, if he’s telling the truth and D.O’s gonna kill him, does that mean his blood stains will be in front of my door and I need to clean it all up?! No! But if he’s lying, then there will be no blood but…but…urgh! If I just leave him, he might continue to knock at my door and haunt me to death..but if I  help him, it’ll mean that I am letting him invade my personal space. But whatever! Call me gullible but I still need to help him, I think..

 

I tiptoed towards my desk and wore my specs, without fixing my hair I slowly opened the door and Kai came rushing in wearing only his boxers.

 

“You saved my life!” Kai shouted and locked the door. “

 

I just stood there completely dumbfounded. “Shirt..please..”

 

“You want me to take your shirt off?” Kai asked as his lips formed a smirk.

 

Darn stupid nutcase! why did I let this guy inside my room?!!!!!!