A Day in the Life of Cate M

Only For You

CATE’S POV:

My laughter bubbles up through my chest as my newest client, Park Jung Min, plays with his adorable dogs. I snap pictures continuously as he wrestles playfully with them. He had at first tried to pose with the dogs but after some persuasion and a glass of wine, he relaxed and now plays with them freely.

I’ve been a photographer for 4 years now and have done photo shoots for Elle and Vogue worldwide as well as photographing the hottest celebrities. My schedule is always full and I like it that way because I do genuinely love my job. I’ve actually refused some big name stars simply for their attitudes. I take pride in my work and what I can create with my camera is a window into what makes my subject’s happy or expresses a hidden part of themselves. That’s what I love most about this job.

My close friend Serah, who is also my assistant, laughs when one of the dogs unexpectedly runs over to her for attention. They are affectionate and funny just like their owner. It’s a dream come true to be able to photograph members of SS501. They have always been my favorite group.

Once I am done with Jung Min, he thanks me and I shyly thank him in return for his hard work. He even pats my head before he walks off towards the dressing rooms, his dogs close behind him. I think my heart might explode.

“Cate, Young Saeng is waiting in his dressing room. Did you want to discuss his concept with him before you start?” Serah asks and I nod my head.

“Absolutely! I’m not sure how much more adorableness I can take today though. Jung Min almost made my heart stop a few times!” I say and touch my burning cheeks. Serah laughs at my shyness and I head towards Young Saeng’s dressing room.

He is dressed in tight black pants, long-sleeved black turtleneck, and a newsboy cap. His face is painted like a mime and gosh, he looks hot!

His concept is representative of him. He likes to be stylish and is always so quiet that I think the mime idea is brilliant. And as always, I speak to my clients before they know who I am to help make them more comfortable with me.

I sit at the table across from him as he crosses his legs and props his chin in his hand, watching me with a shy smile on his face. I smile back at him and try to keep my heart from beating out of control.

“What are you doing here?” I ask in English as I lean towards him.

“What I doing her? I do photo shoot for magajeen.” He replies in broken English. His cheeks turn bright red and I shyly bite my lip.

“I like your concept idea. I think it suits you.” I reply in Korean and he looks at me in surprise. We discuss the photo shoot and talk about random things so I can get an idea on what he’s like as well as make him more at ease around me. He’s actually very funny and playful once he starts talking. Glancing at the time, I reach out my hand to shake his.

“My name is Cate by the way. I will be your photographer. It’s really great to finally meet you. Let’s get started, shall we?”

He smiles at me and nods his head.

The day goes by quickly and somehow Serah and I both manage to survive Young Saeng’s adorableness. As I finish packing up my things for the day, my phone goes off and I look at in surprise. It’s a message from JunSu of JYJ.

We became close friends after I did a photo shoot with him 6 months ago. We get along so well and he’s so funny. I really love spending time with him. We hangout every chance we get and it looks like tonight will be no different. He’s asking me to come to his apartment for a sleepover and I’m so excited. I haven’t seen him in over a week.

“I see that goofy grin on your face. Go ahead and go first. I know you want to see JunSu. I can finish cleaning up here.” Serah says with a cheeky grin.

“Thanks! I owe you! I’ll see you tomorrow!” I say as I rush towards the door.

“Mmhmm. Hook me up with JaeJoong!” I hear her shout before the door closes behind me. I laugh to myself as I text JunSu that I’m on my way. JunSu and I are already plotting on getting our two friends together. It’s no secret how much she likes Jae and even though they have yet to meet, we are convinced they would be great together.

When I arrive at JunSu’s house, he greets me with a warm smile and a hug.

“You’re here! Yay! Come help me with dinner.” He laughs. JunSu has recently been putting forth effort on learning how to cook. It surprised me when he asked for my help but I am more than happy to teach him what I can. We laugh and tease each other over how we should become master chefs after our “masterpiece” of simple cooking. It’s always like this when we are together. Everything is fun with him.

When we start to wash the dishes, he suddenly becomes quiet but I don’t mind. It isn’t an uncomfortable silence and he seems to be thinking deeply about something. Lost in thought, I suddenly feel him put his wet hand on my shoulder as he turns me to face him. I narrow my eyes at him for getting soapy dish water on my shirt but keep quiet when he looks seriously into my eyes.

“I want you to be my girlfriend.” He says.

I stare at him in shock before I start grinning like an idiot.

“But what about your fans? And your band members?” I ask.

“My fans and members will always know that I love them but there is a special place in my heart that is reserved only for you.”

I feel like I can die of happiness right here as I nod my head emphatically.

“Of course I’ll be your girlfriend!”

His bright smile lights up his face as he pulls me into a warm hug, planting a shy kiss on my forehead and cheek.

“Thank you so much! You make me so happy! I promise that I will make you happy.” He says and I kiss him softly on the lips.

“You already have, JunSu.”

He looks down at me with a small pout.

“You are only mine now. Okay? Those guys from SS501 can’t have you. I won’t let them.”

“JunSu…Are you jealous?”

“…I know how much you like SS501. I won’t let them take you away from me.”

I bite my lips to hold back my laughter. He’s so adorable when he’s jealous.

“Yes I like them and I always will but it’s just in admiration. You have nothing to worry about, sweets. My heart is only for you.”

He grins mischievously at me and pulls me closer to him. “Promise?”

“Promise.” I say and kiss him again.