Miracle

Miracle

If someone had asked Sungmin how he thought his life would look like at the age of 26 a couple of years ago, he would probably had answered married, living in a house and expecting the first out of two children with his wife.

But, man, was he wrong.

The first day of his senior year at college he had walked into his room and found his new (whom he, mind you, never had seen before) roommate making out with another guy. Zhou Mi turned out to be an exchange student from China and as they lived together they grew to be close. He also got to know his roommates boyfriend, a certain Henry Lau, better.

When they all one night after a long night drinking ended up in Sungmin's bed, none of them thought it weird. And when Zhou Mi kissed Sungmin good morning in bed the affection that had started of as mere friendship turned out to be something deeper, Henry had admitted to feel for Sungmin as well.

When Sungmin and Zhou Mi graduated they all bought a house together, nothing fancy, just enough for the three of them. Maybe a bit bigger because even if they might not be able to adopt, they were all considering extending their little family. Henry was considering adoption in Canada, Zhou Mi was set on a surrogate mother, while Sungmin was thinking that maybe a dog or two would be sufficient for now.

But all that changed when, somehow, Sungmin ended up pregnant.

The doctors had no explanations and Sungmin was scared. But Zhou Mi, who was a doctor, was calm, which calmed Sungmin down as well. Zhou Mi called him their own little miracle for giving one of them a biological child. Zhou Mi was also the one to sign Sungmin up to all preparation classes for pregnant women, buy baby books and going out of his way to make Sungmin feel cared for.

Henry on the other hand was more careful; he barely let Sungmin leave the house without assistance. He was the one to run out in the middle of the night, in the middle of a class, in the middle of just to feed Sungmin's cravings.

Sungmin loved them both for everything they were doing for him and their baby and he was happy to be pregnant with one of his lovers, but he was also so so scared. He barely wanted to leave the house and constantly felt like a walking freak show.

And that was how he ended, one week before the scheduled delivery on the couch in their living room with Henry.

~~

“Henry!” Sungmin shouted from his place on the sofa where his youngest lover had left him while he unpacked and repacked the bag they were going to bring with them to the hospital for the nth time that evening. “Honey, can you please come here.”

Before he could even finish speaking Henry came rushing to his side and took his hand, holding it as if he was going to break otherwise.

“Everything alright? Any labors?” Sungmin had to smile at the evident concern in his lovers voice.

“Everything's fine, but I've been thinking.” Sungmin said and tried to sit up, but Henry carefully laid him down again. With a sigh he resigned and laid back down. “I've been thinking and a baby takes a lot of time and care, and there will be a while until all the three of us can spend some quality time together again. So, why don't we all spend the evening here, watching a movie or something?”

One could literately see the wheels turn in Henry's head. Sungmin just had to smile.

“But it's getting kind of late, you should rest as to not stress the baby, darling.”

Sungmin stopped smiling immediately. He was so sick of all this over protectiveness that had been going on the last nine months. For once he just wanted to lay in Henry's arms; it had been so long since the two of them had any relaxing alone time. Henry was always looking out for him and treating him as something fragile, but he wasn't.

Sungmin really just wanted to scream at times.

“Min, I'm sorry, but you being pregnant with our baby is a miracle, I don't want to loose that miracle.” Henry explained for the nth time as he Sungmin's cheek. Sungmin closed his eyes; to keep the stirring tantrum at bay or to keep himself from crying, he was not sure.

“Lets get the baby's room finished and then go to bed.” Henry leaned in and kissed Sungmin's cheek. “I would like to all over you tonight.”

Sure, it was not the hard that Sungmin had grown used to before he got pregnant, it was not the double penetration that he loved and missed; all of that was banned from the bedroom since Henry had gotten to know about the pregnancy. In real, he hadn't got penetrated by something bigger than a finger or a tongue in the last nine months.

So the was something Sungmin looked forward to.

Just a few more weeks before I can take them both inside me again.

Sungmin sighed and was about to agree, when the front door opened.

“Babe's?” Zhou Mi's voice ringed through the house and Sungmin answered with a new hope rising inside his chest. “Oh, hi there loves, what's the plans for tonight?” Zhou Mi asked and kissed Henry's head and then Sungmin's cheek. “Maybe a little fun with our princess?”

Sungmin giggled, wrapping his arms around his lovers neck.

“How about a late night on the couch with popcorn and some fun movie?”

Henry sighed and Sungmin knew perfectly well why; Zhou Mi had never been able to deny him anything.

“Sure, I'll get the popcorn. Henry, go get some blankets and pillows and, Sungmin, why don't you pick the movie?”

~~

Halfway through the movie Henry had finally relaxed and gotten over the panic over Sungmin's health and well being. Sungmin was in the middle of the sofa, resting against Henry and his feet in Zhou Mi's lap. Zhou Mi was lazily massaging Sungmin's feet and over all it was a good night.

Suddenly Sungmin got up, gasping for air; it felt just like someone had punched him in the stomach and he had trouble catching his breath again.

He fell back down, clutching his stomach and rolling over on his side, pulling his knees to his chest.

“Babe,what's wrong?” Henry gasped, Sungmin's hair and looking worriedly at Zhou Mi.

Zhou Mi also looked worried, Sungmin had never reacted that way to a labor before, still he had to ask. “Labors Min?”

To both their surprise Sungmin shook his head, still unable to voice out what it felt like as he still had trouble caching his breath. Tears sprung up in his eyes as the pain got more and more intence for every second.

“Does you tummy hurt?” Zhou Mi continued and as Sungmin nodded, the two others looked at each other with worry. “You go get his bag and start the car, I'll carry him out.”

Before Sungmin could completely comprehend what was happening he was laid out in the backseat of the car with his head in Zhou Mi's lap, long fingers slowly combing through his bottle blond hair and soothingly massaging his scalp. Henry was driving and Sungmin didn't even want to consider how many traffic rules they broke on their way to the hospital. Or how many speeding bills would land in their mailbox.

And then they where there, Zhou Mi sprinting to get a wheelchair while Henry parked the car. And then he was in the hospital, doctors talking about him over his head, mask providing nitrous oxide placed over his face and two hands holding his own hands hard.

~~

Henry was nervously pacing back and forth in the little waiting area outside the operation ward where they had brought Sungmin as the doctors understood what was going on.

Zhou Mi on the other hand was silently sitting in an armchair with a magazine. He knew the doctor on duty very well and he trusted him to take care of Sungmin to the best of his ability. Of course everyone at the hospital knew about the pregnant male and everyone was both exited about the outcome and happy for Zhou Mi.

They had not know how Sungmin would be able to give birth to their child, and as the time had gone by they had decided on booking a time for a c section and all be together for the operation. And now Sungmin was alone and probably scared in the operation room without a hand to hold on to. And to think that the c section time was booked to be just five days later.

“We should never had let him keep the baby.” Henry muttered under his breath.

Zhou Mi put away the magazine and got up, wrapping his arms around his youngest lover and nuzzling his face against Henry's neck.

“It's gonna be alright, Sungmin is strong.” Zhou Mi mumbled against Henry's skin. “Trust him, he can do this.”

The silence filled the waiting room for a moment, both of them lost in their on thoughts.

“I'll never forgive myself if Min don't survive this.” Henry sighed and leaned back into the taller mans embrace.

After a while like that the big double doors to the operation ward opened and the doctor in charge of Sungmin stepped out with a small smile over his face.

The room turned dangerously quiet.

“Geng-ge?” Zhou Mi finally broke the silence.

“It's a boy. Mother and son is well and you will be able to see them both shortly.” The doctor called Han Geng said and shook Sungmin's lovers hands. “While we're waiting for the nurses to clean Sungmin and the boy I have to ask; are you going to do a paternity test? If so, we could take the blood sample now and...”

“No.” Henry spoke for the first time since the good news. “That won't be necessary. Please take us to his room, we will wait for him there.”

Zhou Mi and Han Geng exchanged smiles before heading to Sungmin's room.

~~

When the door opened Sungmin looked up and smiled towards his two lovers, before turning back to the boy in his arms. The boy was sleeping soundly in the warm embrace of his mother and Sungmin could not look away; their little child surely was a miracle.

Somewhere in the back of his mind he had felt conflicted about the pregnancy; he walked around and felt like a freak show, so surely his child would be a freak as well. But he wasn't, the child was beautiful and pure. He really was their little miracle.

The bed dipped and Sungmin eventually turned to his lovers, first kissing Henry and then Zhou Mi, before giving the child over to the youngest of them.

“You've been so good, babe.” Zhou Mi whispered as to not wake the child. “Thank you for having our child.” He held the tired Sungmin close to himself and both of them watched as Henry's eyes got wet and tears painted his cheeks.

Henry looked up at them and giving them both a kiss on the lips before smiling mischievously.

“Let's get you pregnant again soon, Min.”

 

FIN.