Chapter 6

if only you just looked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was definitely trying to rile him up, Yongguk thought darkly as he met Youngjae’s eyes. The said girl simply smirked in his direction, and he violently fought back the urge to flip her off. His gaze fell on Himchan, who was one step behind Youngjae and immediately felt his throat constrict. She was just so beautiful, he thought to himself in awe. Almost like an angel.

At that moment, she looked up and stared right at Yongguk. He gulped visibly, but managed a weak smile. She smiled back, pink lips spread like the sun on the horizon, and his gaze went straight to those plump and perfect lips. Subconsciously, he his dry ones and looked away, visibly flustered. He didn’t even look up to glare at Daehyun who had slid into the seat next to him with his overwhelming tray of food.

“Hyung, you look constipated.”

“You need to shut up, same to your little Youngjae.” Yongguk bitterly said as he loosened his tie.

Daehyun instantly looked interested. “What about Youngjae?”

The elder shot a disgruntled look at him. “You don’t need to know the details, kid.” He took a sip of his iced coffee. The harsh, bitter taste lingered at the back of his tongue, and he sipped again. Daehyun, as usual, didn’t seemed to be fazed by his coldness. He had already picked up his massive sandwich and was somehow halfway through it in seconds.

When Himchan and Youngjae joined them at the lunch table, Yongguk was seriously considering leaving with the excuse of a rugby meeting, but then decided against it when Himchan propped her elbows up on the table and leaned towards him. He raised an eyebrow at her, and watched curiously as her cheeks flushed pink. “What now?” he said flatly.

“Did I…” Himchan cleared . “Did I send you anything weird last night?”

Yongguk struggled to compose his face, forcing himself not to glare at Youngjae who was already turning red from suppressing her laughter. He pried off the lid to the plastic cup and scooped an ice cube into his mouth. “Nope.”

She exhaled loudly and then leaned back, unwrapping her own sandwich. “Thank God, because somehow my phone was unlocked this morning,” she said as she took a huge bite and sent the other girl a pointed look. “I thought Youngjae sent something to you while I was asleep.”

Daehyun had already started grinning cattishly, and Youngjae was struggling to keep a straight face. “And what would Youngjae send?” he innocently asked through a mouthful of tuna.

Himchan was still glaring at the other girl. “I don’t know,” she sniffed. “Probably a picture down my shirt, knowing her…”

At that moment, Yongguk who had been pouring the remaining ice cubes into his mouth spat them all out on the table.

 

--

 

There was stifled laughter coming from the corridor opposite the hallway. Daehyun and Youngjae huddled at a corner, with their eyes glued onto Youngjae’s phone screen. Daehyun’s sides ached from the laughing. “You’re a genius,” he chuckled and Youngjae flipped her hair into his face on purpose. “Duh, you’ve finally noticed.”

“That was a great angle, though. I bet a hundred bucks that Yongguk hyung jerked himself off.” Daehyun chuckled darkly.

“Of course he did! Did you see his face? He looked so guilty, such a shame that Himchan’s just as dense as that loser.” Youngjae watched him, amused by how adorable he could look, even with his face contorted when he threw his head back laughing. Absently, she fumbled in her bag and retrieved her old box of cigarettes. Daehyun’s cat whiskers disappeared in a flash, and Youngjae faltered.

He snatched it out of her grasp, and opened it to see three sticks rolling around in the casing. Youngjae gulped as Daehyun’s expression turned stern, almost dominating. “Youngjae, I’ll have to confiscate these.”

She recovered quickly. “You don’t have the right to boss me around,” she snapped, her expression turning hateful. “What is wrong with you?” she made a swipe for the cigarettes, but Daehyun moved his hand away in time.

“I don’t like the idea of you smoking.”

Youngjae’s eyes flashed in anger. “Well, then off!” she suddenly raised her voice. “Just because you like me, and you think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter