FINALE

What Lies Under
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Falling in love with him was never in my plan. If it wasn't for my best friend, a.k.a my Boyfriend's sister I wouldn't have done that to Baekhyun and I wouldn’t have loved him.

 

 

It was a nice and steady relationship with Tae Hyung. I can't say that it was a perfect one. Perfection was never in our vocabulary. We fight. We break. I can say it was a very tiring relationship. But he's a part of my life. I live day by day with him. And he's all I need... or maybe that what's all I think.

 

I was having a very nice cuddling with Tae Hyung for the first time in a very long time after breaking up for two months when her sister/my best friend, Tae Hee, surprisingly barged in inside my apartment, crying.

 

I didn't have the time to ask her because she took me by surprise when she hugged me immediately and bawl like a mad man, I just soothingly caressed her back.

 

I looked at Tae hyung and he just shook his head in dismay. The last thing Tae Hyung wants to witness is to see his sister cry.

 

"I'll just go outside." Tae Hyung said and grabbed his leather jacket on the couch.

 

Tae hee removed her grip from me and clutched the hem of Tae hyung's shirt. "Oppa, please no." She pleaded. He had already gave her the last warning that if ever he see her cry because of that boy then he'll beat him to death.

 

"Unnie." I heard and I turned my gaze to her. I hummed. "Please, make him fall in love with you and then please. Please.. Break his heart." My mind went zero. My hearing seemed to be dull. My eyes widened.

 

I looked at Tae Hyung, he doesn't have any expression at all. My eyes just averted from the two. "Ta hee. I know what you're feeling but that's absur-"

 

"No. Just please listen to me. Help me. Oppa? Unnie?"

 

Tae Hyung sighed and shook his head. Half of me was happy because he's not agreeing with Tae hee's absurd idea but half of me pities Tae hee's situation. "Okay." He said in defiant.

 

"WHAT?!!" I exclaimed and stood up. Okay, I said it too loudly. I heaved a sigh and sat again. "I know it hurts so much." I paused to look at him. "But getting revenge is not the best way to make him feel what you're feeling right now. I won't accept your idea Hee-ah, Think of the best way to make him regret what he did or better yet just forget him." I said and hugged her tightly.

 

It was a long night for the three of us, Tae hee cried non-stop that Tae Hyung have to carry her all the way to his car because she fell asleep crying. Before they left Tae Hyung told me something. It was just a single word but it strikes me straight to the heart. He said "Please." How can he asked something so impossible and doesn't he care enough for me? Is it easy to let the person you love, love someone else, fakely?

 

 

Three days after that encounter and I haven't seen Tae Hyung and haven't heard anything from Tae hee. I decided to pay them a visit and to also check on Tae hee's current status.

 

I entered their house and greeted by their maids. I went straight to Tae Hyung's room. Yes, I was very familiar to them that I just acted like I was somewhat one of their relatives.

 

Tae hyung's room was abandoned, his bed dishevelled. He was nowhere to be found. I shrugged and closed his door. I turned around and face the room of Tae hee which was just in front of his room.

 

My heart clenched at the sight of her, somehow I felt guilty seeing her state. Her beautiful eyes that is now surrounded with dark circles and swollen, maybe because of too much crying. Her silky hair that looks dull and dishevelled now. Her pink lips that's full of cracks now. I just felt down seeing her, what kind of friend am I? It was a simple request yet I declined her. I stood closer to her but she was just staring into an empty space. "I'll do it." There I've said it.

 

"Really?" There was a slight glint in her eyes like hearing what I said is the best news she had ever heard. I closed my lips into a thin firm line, I sat at the edge of her bed and nod. I know this was such a gloomy scene, I saw a tear escaped her right eye, she scooted closer and hugged me tight. "You're really my bestfriend, unnie." I don't know if that's how she describe friendship, 'user-friendly', but I couldn't careless, at least I'm helping my her out.

 

It was a fast blur, I just found myself in front of our room clutching the hem of my dress downwards. Tae hee had forced me to wear these clothes because she said Baekhyun, her ex-boyfriend, is much attracted to girls who show off their legs. I hate wearing these kinds of clothes because I hate the looks people are giving me, I hate drawing too much attention.

 

So, here's the deal. I just have to make him fall for me and then break his heart, easy as pie. No special contact needed. It's a great help, too, that I didn't have to take too much effort because we're in the same class for three subjects, at least every monday-wednesday.

 

I entered our room and saw the droolling faces of my classmates. I was never a fan of attention. I manage to throw a small facade and smiled. Sat at my chair and flipped my hair, Ta hee said I have to expose my collar bone or neck. Tch. Silly Baekhyun, attracted to necks? Who on earth would be attracted to necks? He should've just bought a mannequin or what.

 

The class ended without even being noticed by that Baekhyun guy. I blew a raspberry and headed to the locker area to stuff some of my books.

 

I was half way done rummaging my books when I felt a vibration from my bag. I fished out my phone, and saw 5 messages from Tae hee. 1 message and 3 missed calls from Tae hyung. I blinked twice and opened Ta hee's message.

 

From: Tae hee

 

Unnie!! ^^ Any progress?

 

 

It was all the same message, I sort my inbox and opened Tae Hyung's message.

 

From: HoneyHyung <3

 

Hon, I'll stop by your apartment today and maybe sleep there? You're not answering my calls, any ways, call me. Arasso?

 

 

A low giggle escaped my mouth unknowingly and I closed my locker only just to be surprised with Baekhyun's presence.

 

"Omo! What the hell! You scared me!" I said and took a step backwards because this guy doesn't know the phrase 'Personal Space'.

 

A sly smirk was on his face, I just stared confused. "Okay, I'll just get to the point." Whoa and he doesn't even know the phrase 'Taking slowly'. "You just caught my eye. I find you more interesting now. And thinking we could date?" This guy is so straight-forward, so tactless, so cocky. Tss.

 

"Sure." I said and turned around immediately, I was very excited to see my Honey, well, two minutes ago before this guy appeared and ruined my trance. I was taken aback, literally, when he held my Hand. This guy, he's so fast. Holding my hands already? I sighed trying to calm my mind from thinking of how to kill this guy in front of me, I could just make a story since I have all the reason to; First, he broke my best friends heart, and Second, he touched my hand. "Aren't you in a hurry?" I asked and he cocked his brow. "Holding my hand, already?" I asked, hiding the sarcasm.

 

"Just wanted to know how soft your hand is." He said. I gagged at him. "To know if you'll have a soft spot for me." Whaaaat? Is my hand connected to my heart or something? I hissed. Lord, please calm me. I'm doing this for my friend. I faked a smile and let go. "Tomorrow, after school." He said and left me.

 

 

I arrived at my apartment and immediately strode to the kitchen to make a delicious food for Tae hyung, I didn't even returned his call, yet. Ugh. This is so frustrating. Choped there and here, minced the spiced here and there. I'm almost done, when the door flung open, I peeked through my shoulder and saw Tae hyung, holding a box of cake and a bouquet of flowers.

 

"Is there something special, I missed?" I asked him and helped him put the cake on the fridge.

 

"Nothing." He shrugged. "Filling the two months we're apart." He added and smiled cheekily. That’s the thing about Tae hyung, he never forgets to fill what he had missed and I really love him for that. Call me spoiled but I guessed he just love me as much as I love him.

 

I pecked him on the lips and hugged him, nuzzling to his chest. “Go watch some movies, I’ll take some shower, I stinks.”

 

He smirked knowingly, “Do you need someone to wash your hair?” he asked teasingly.

 

“Stop being a tease Mr. Kim Tae Hyung.” I answered and stuck my tongue out.

 

“Then go before I ran after you and loss your ity at once.” He said. Yes, I’m still holding my v-card. It wasn’t that I was being so resistible, it’s just that we have talked about it that I’m not yet ready and he respected me for that. And being a Senior High School is the biggest reason why I’m still not ready.

 

After a few good minutes of cleaning myself, I went outside of my room wearing his sweater that he left t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter