Final

About Time

Minseok rubbed at his eyes and closed the door, not surprised that Tao was already asleep since all of EXO had done hours of dance practice most of the day. He threw the towel into the hamper and turned off the lights before pacing his way over to his bed. He pulled the blankets back, laid down, yawned one last time as he stretched, and hoped he’d fall asleep fast since they had an early schedule the next day.

He pulled the blanket up and over himself… and closed his eyes.

 

*toss* *turn* *toss* *toss*

 

He opened his eyes since he lost the fight with himself and blindly reached for his handphone. Unlocking the code, he opened up his gallery and found his treasured –and hidden– photograph… the one he had resent to himself various times throughout the years as he’s changed handphones many times since his trainee days.

He felt his lips curve up in a faint smile at the sight of the person who meant the world to him… the one who he spent more time thinking of then he would have liked… especially since he was positive she probably never spent a tenth of her time thinking of him.  He sighed when he found his thumb subconsciously running over her face.

He sat up… and scooted back up to lean against the headboard. He took a deep breath and hoped that tonight would be the night he succeed in doing what he’d been attempting to do for years. He took a deep breath and started to type…

 

 

12:32AM SMS Message to: Amber <3

Someone told me about your tweet. How’s your teeth?

 

*sigh* Stalker much?

[Delete…]

Something not so freaking uncool… *sigh*

 

12:36AM SMS Message to: Amber <3

Hey beautiful. I was thinking of you. Are you thinkin…

 

*sigh* Smooth… Just what are you doing, pabo? She’d just scoff at being called beautiful… AND she’d say she wasn’t thinking of you… then what?

[Delete…]

What to write?

 

 

12:39AM SMS Message to: Amber <3

It’s been a while since we hung out. Let’s get together and eat soon?

 

*growls* Something COOL pabo… COOL…

[Delete…]

What though?

 

 

12:42AM SMS Message to: Amber <3

You up for some ball this weekend?

 

*rolls eyes* Give it up… you sound like a total dweeb.

[Delete…]

*face palm*

 

12:45AM SMS Message to: Amber <3

How you doing?

[Delete… Delete…]

Uh, remember when you said you’d help with my English? What’s the English word for-

*shakes head*

[Delete…Delete…]

 

*sigh*

 

 

*groans*

 

*closes eyes*

*pinches bridge of nose*

 

 

 

*lays down*

*kicks his feet*

 

 

 

A very unmanly squeak escaped from Minseok as he suddenly felt his handphone taken from him at the same time as someone sat on his chest. The immediate thought that it was a ghost froze him in place… and he didn’t even think to fight back until the weight eased off of him.

He sat up and blinked as he felt something thrown onto his chest. He blinked some more as he recognized it as his handphone.

“Maybe now you can go to bed hyung. I am so flipping TIRED of you doing this EVERY single night!” Tao half-shouted and practically jumped back into his bed.

“Huh?” Minseok asked as he grabbed his handphone. He quickly entered the code and felt his mouth open and close as he could only blink his eyes at what he was reading.

 

12:59AM SMS Message to: Amber <3

Noona. This is Tao. Minseok is in love with you and wants you to be his girlfriend. He spends every night tossing and turning in bed while thinking of you as he types AND deletes AND types AND deletes SMS messages to you. He wants to ask you to be his girlfriend. PLEASE say yes already so he’ll quit keeping me up like this EVERY night! Thanks noona. <3

 

Minseok stood up and stalked towards Tao's bed… ready to kill... ok, maybe just maim... ok... just hurt his roommate... a little...

Tao simply raised a hand from under the covers. “Stop. Hurt me and I’ll tell Kris hyung or Joonmyeon hyung about how you keep me up every night doing this,” he threatened. “It’s already done and sent, hyung… just wait for her to answer you now… Now… please can I get some sleep already?”

Minseok grunted and quickly threw his handphone half-way across the room with another squeak. He could feel himself start to hyperventilate...  

No… this isn’t happening…

Minseok took a deep breath and pulled his blanket over his face… face-palmed and could only tell himself over and over that everything happening was just a dream.

 

 

 

Minseok woke up as the alarm clock went off. He groaned and felt like he hadn’t slept at all. He yawned and fought the urge to do what others did and slept for five more minutes… but could already hear manager hyung yell at the others. He stood up, even as his eyes remained closed and stretched.

 

He stopped mid-stretch as he remembered what happened the night before. He squeaked and immediately fell on his hands and knees as he searched for his handphone. He finally found it –it had landed behind the hamper– and brought it to his chest.

Last night was a dream… just watch… you’re going to open up your handphone and see that there was no message to or from Amber.

He unlocked the code and closed his eyes.

Breathe pabo… breathe…

He opened one eye to peek at the screen and felt another squeak escape.

 

**One new message**

 

Oh … Oh …

He shook his head and closed both eyes again.

This isn’t happening… , , !

He took a deep breath.

In and out pabo… it’s probably not even from Amber…

He released his breath and quickly opened both eyes to click on the new message.

 

6:10AM Message from: Amber <3

Um… Well… this is a surprise… sort of? Um… Oppa… if what Tao wrote is just a joke? I’ll get Donghae oppa to kill you both. But if what Tao wrote is true? Um… sure… I’ll be your girlfriend? <3

 

Minseok sat down on the floor with a THUD. “Oh my GOD… Holy, oh my god! Oh my god! She said yes!”

 

The EXO members in the dining room all looked at one another as the shout came from their eldest member.

“Just what the heck was that?” Joonmyeon asked as he moved to go check on his hyung.

Tao grabbed his arm and shook his head. “I think the ‘she said yes’ means Amber noona agreed to be Minseok hyung’s girlfriend,” he explained and shrugged as he stuffed the remainder of his toast in his mouth.

The other members looked at one another and simply shrugged at the news and continued to eat their breakfast.

Kris and Joonmyeon exchanged looks and shook their heads. “About time,” Joonmyeon stated.

“Exactly…” Kris agreed, "about damn time..."