Chapter 001

For Love...

Your eyes are closed. You don’t remember why. It’s cold, but you can’t feel any wind around you. To be honest.. you can’t feel anything.
You don’t know, if you are lying or standing. You’re not able to hear something, so you try to open your eyes. You manage to do so, but it remains dark around you.

>> Where have you been all that time? <<

You lift your head a little as you’re hearing the voice. The voice sounds familiar, but you don’t recognize it.

‘Who is there?’

You don’t even open your mouth. Those words were just your thoughts. They’re suddenly so loud.

>> I .. am you. <<

‘Me? ... so why are you asking where I’ve been?’, you close your eyes. It doesn’t make sense to have them open when it’s dark anyways.

>> I want you to find out yourself <<

‘What…”, you begin and your eyes open again. The darkness is gone. You take a look around and recognize the café.
The café that is just around the corner from where you live.
You sit at a table right next to the big window and you look outside to the street. It’s raining. Everything seems to be oddly familiar to you, as if it happened before.
Somebody enters the café. It’s a young man. He leans an umbrella against the wall next to the door and looks around. He is looking for someone.
You feel you chest hurting as you see him. Do you know him?

His jacket is wet and he brushes of some raindrops. Then he walks straight towards you.
He sits down and wears a big grin on his face.
You open your mouth to say something, but there is nothing coming out. So you can just think the words
‘Hello stranger…’

The lips of the young man start to move, but you can’t hear anything. Happily he seems to talk to you, telling you about his day. From time to time his lips stop and he nods, still grinning. Who is he talking to?

You stand up, but he still looks at the place where you sat. You step aside and look at your seat, kind of confused over his behavior.
You look at yourself, sitting on the chair. ‘You’ smile softly at the man and reply on something he just said.
The You that is sitting there, lifts one hand to her head. The man moves suddenly, stands up from his chair to sit down next to you. He wraps an arm around ‘your’ shoulder.

As the real you stands there and watches the scene, everthing starts to get blurry around you... Your head hurts… and yes, you really feel it. That pain in your heart, because you know something is wrong.

Everything turns dark again. Once more you’re alone. Closing your eyes, not knowing if you’re lying or standing.

Pictures flash in front of you.

You feel rain that was falling on your face, as you left the café.
You hear ‘Him’ calling your name, asking you to stop and not to run across the street.
The wet pavement. Squealing tires of a car.
And the shrinking feeling of warmth in your whole body.

You eyes open widely. You remember now. You remember where you are. You’re dead… aren’t you?

>> Do you remember now? <<

You nod. If you could, you know you would be crying.

In the distance you see a light and slowly it grows. As if you were running towards it. To the light at the end of the tunnel.

‘I want to go back. I’m not ready for this’, you whisper and your voice is breaking.

“Don’t go. Stay with me.”

It was a different voice. ‘His’ voice.
Lay.
You turn around, but he is nowhere to be seen.

“Don’t leave me. Please don’t…” , his voice was soft, pleading. You can hear the pain in it.

You look at the light that is still coming closer.

>> Into the Light? <<

‘No!’

You turn away and imagine that you’re running. Further and further until you are sure that the light is gone.
You feel warmer the further you get. And then you feel something pulling you. You can’t even struggle.

You gasp for air and sit up straight in a bed. Your heart is racing but somebody is holding your hand. You turn your head and smile: “Lay…”

“Thank god.”, he mumbles softly and pulls you into a hug. He kisses your forehead, you cheek and then finally your lips. Just to make sure that you’re really back.

You’re in a hospital. Nobody thought you would wake up. But you did…for love.