New side of JR

I Hate You but I Love You

The next couple of days Sehun never really leaves my mind. He has been my best friend since forever and when he moved I was devastated. Luckily the boys moved in and they distracted me but now I can’t stop thinking about Sehun and how much I miss him. I have called him several times and asked him to come visit. He said he would come when he had time and I have waited impatiently for him to find a day.

After my last period on Friday I stay behind and do my homework with Aron. I don’t need him as much anymore but he likes being by my side. He says it’s the only time he has me all to himself and he isn’t ready to give that up yet. I know he is just flirting like always but I don’t really mind. And it’s nice having him there so I’m fine with his company.

Aron leaves after an hour and I stay for another thirty minutes before I collect my things and leave. As soon as I step out of school I get a weird feeling. Like I’m being watched. I shake my head and walk a few steps. Three girls step out in front of me and I can’t help but sigh. Here we go again.

“Finally you came. We have been waiting for you for ages,” one of the girls says and I roll my eyes. “No one asked you to wait. You could have just left,” I say and she frowns. “But I have something I want to ask you,” she says and I sigh again. “Fire away,” I say and she is obviously surprised because I’m so cooperative. “Okay well, I want to know what your relationship with JR is,” she says and I nod. It’s a JR fan this time. It’s usually Minhyun’s that come after me.

I look the girl in the eye and say: “Our relationship is kind of complicated.”

“But there is a relationship,” she says and I shrug. “Well, you could say it’s a love hate relationship. Just without the love.”

The girl raises an eyebrow while she tries to figure out what I mean. “So you’re not close?” she asks and I shake my head. Another girl steps forward and I turn my head to look at her.

“Then what kind of relationship do you have with Minhyun?” she asks and I knew the question would come. It always does.

“Well that’s a whole other story,” I say and walk past them, “Minhyun and I have a love hate relationship.”

I stop and look at them over my shoulder. “Just without the hate.”

“Yah!” the girl yells and runs to me. She knocks me over and I fall to the ground. “Stay away from Minhyun!”

“Yeah I’ve heard that before,” I mumble subdued and brush some of the dirt off of my clothes. It’s not the first or the last time I’ve been knocked over. I expect the girl to threaten me but she doesn’t say anything. I look up at her and see that she is standing with a piece of paper in her hand. I panic when I realize what it is. It’s a letter Sehun gave me right before he moved. It’s the last memory I have of him and I treasure it very much.

“What is this? A love letter?” she asks mockingly and I shake my head. “Just give it back,” I say and she smiles superiorly. “Looks like I found a weakness,” she says and inspects my letter, “it would be a shame if some tore it apart.”

“Don’t!” I say but it’s already too late. The girl rips my letter apart and spreads the pieces all around me.

“Stay away from the guys,” she says and then turns around and leaves with her friends. I pick up some of the torn parts and pathetically try to piece the letter back together. My sight blurs as tears start falling. Every way I have been bullied until now haven’t really affected me much and I definitely haven’t cried. But this is just too much. Sehun’s letter is something precious to me and having it torn apart my heart just can’t handle. I don’t know when I’ll be able to see him again so I have been reading the letter every night before going to sleep. What am I to do now?

I don’t know how long I have been crying but suddenly I hear footsteps. They stop right next to me and I look up. It’s JR. I expect him to not care and just walk away like he always does. But to my surprise he crouches down next to me and looks at my face. He brushes some of my tears away with his thump. Then he puts his arm around me and pulls me close. He gently pushes my head down on his shoulder and starts my hair. I feel a rush of comfort and burry my face in his chest. Slowly my tears stop falling but I don’t want to pull away. For the first time ever JR is taking care of me. He holds me and comforts me which is something I never thought I would experience. I want to enjoy every second of it because I don’t know if it will ever happen again. And another reason is that my body is acting weird. My heart is beating very fast and I think I have butterflies in my stomach. My whole body feels lighter than normal and I can’t think straight. Is it because JR is holding me? Is it because of his sweet scent that fills my nostrils? Or is it because of the sound of his beating heart?

In any case why would my body react like this because of him? Is it just because it’s the first time he is this close? I try not to think about it.

After a couple of minutes I have calmed down and JR pulls back a bit. He looks at my face and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

“Are you okay?” he asks and I bite my lip. “I’m better now,” I say and he nods. He gets up and helps me to my feet. “Can you walk?” he asks and I nod, “then let’s get you home.”

While we walk I glance at JR’s face. I’m surprised by his sudden compassion and concern. But I’m smart enough to not expect this to happen again. This is probably the first and last time JR does anything nice for me. And I will treasure this moment forever.

 

There is no school for the next couple of days. We have eight days where we can relax and I have been looking forward to it. The boys have too and Minhyun has already come up with a lot of ideas to how we should spend the days. But Aron has other plans. He is almost completely booked these days. He has a date almost every single day. Some days he even has two dates. Girls are also the reason why Aron often leaves while he is helping me with my homework. Whenever a girl calls him out he will be there. And as soon as he calls a girl out she will be there. He is on the phone a lot. Receiving texts and phone calls from all the girls he is seeing. I have tried and reason with him. Telling him to just date one girl. But then he asked if I wanted to be that one girl and I never mentioned anything about his dating again. But still I want him to at least spend one day with the rest of us while we have this vacation.

I walk downstairs to the living room where Aron is playing a game on his Play Station 3. I walk over and ask what game it is.

“DMC Devil May Cry,” he answers and pauses the game, “you wanna try?”

“I’m good,” I say and he shrugs, “do you have plans today?”

“I’m meeting someone in two hours,” he says and I sigh. Yet another date. Does this guy ever take a day off?

“Yeah about that,” I say and scratch the back of my neck, “can’t you try and make room for us? Just cancel all your ‘appointments’ one day in your tight schedule. We want to spend some time with you.”

Aron turns around and looks at me with a raised eyebrow. “You want this oppa to cancel a date and spend some time with you?” Aron asks and smiles flirtatiously, “are you jealous? Do you want to go on a date with me and have me all to yourself? Do you have feelings for me?”

I roll my eyes. “Not a chance.”

Aron shrugs and returns to his game. “Oh well, I tried.”

“It’s not the first time you try though,” I say and Aron chuckles. “And I can promise you it won’t be the last either,” he says and I roll my eyes again. But I have to admit that I don’t mind his flirting that much anymore. I kind of grows on you. Because I know he doesn’t have any feelings for me and just flirts with me for fun. And I like Aron. Not like as in I’m in love with him but I like him as a friend. He is a good friend and he treats me well. I can’t imagine my everyday life with him.

“Well, have fun,” I say and is about to leave when Aron speaks. “I’ll make room,” he says and I look at him. He turns his head and meets my gaze. “I’ll spend a day with you guys without any contact with girls. I promise.”

I smile and his hair. “Thanks oppa,” I say and walk to the stairs. But then suddenly the doorbell rings and since I’m closest to the front door I decide to see who it is. I walk to the entrance and open the door. My eyes widen when I see the person on my doorstep. He is the last person I expected to see but also the one I wanted to see the most.

“Sehun-ah..”