Snowflakes

Snowflakes

Slow, silent, graceful, beautiful, completely wonderous.

Taemin stood in the middle of the park. The ground already had a light dusting of snow completely covering it and the lamps the lined the walk way were reflecting beautifully off the surface of the wet snow. He had been compared to the snow by his classmates and teachers many times through out the last few years, and everytime he felt more and more disgusting. He had such a broken past and standing in the middle of the pure white snow could only remind him of what he could never be- clean.

While at school he was seen as some saint, at home he was the exact opposite. Dirty, nothing, a no one, a loner. The poisonous words flowed from his father on a daily basis. He would swallow it all and bury it just to return to school the next day to be called graceful, beautiful, pure. Here, in the park with the snow gliding down to the ground around him, neither situations mattered, but he still felt dirty.

He pulled out his iPod and scrolled to a random song and let the beat begin to carry him. He had no right to dance on something as clean as the snow, but doing so made him feel just a little bit better. He danced and let the rhthym carry him for as long as possible. He didn't notice how cold he was nor how visible his breath had become. He didn't notice anything until he was lying on the ground facing the few stars that were visible in the night sky. A tear slowly gliding down his cheek.

"Taemin!" A figure came running down the path towards him. Taemin lifted himself onto his elbows to look at the person calling his name. "Lee Taemin!"

It was that Minho kid. They had been in the same class since kindergarten. Minho had tried getting Taemin to open up to him, but something about the taller boy had frightened Taemin. He quickly got up off the ground and dusted himself off. He jammes his iPod into his pocket and started down the path to the park exit. He didn't need anyone seeing him in such a disgraceful state. There were tears slowly streaming down his cheeks and snow covering his back, he was almost certain that his hair was a mess as well- he had to get away from Minho.

"Lee Taemin!" Minho shouted as he finally caught up with the boy and grabbed his arm. "Will you stop running away from me?" There was a hint of frustration in his voice. Not that he can be blamed, he had been looking all over for the boy  for several hours. "You agreed to meet me after rehearsal, and you ditched me- why?"

Taemin flinched, "I don't know Minho. Maybe I just didn't want to hear what you had to say." He glared at the taller male.

"Taemin, I've been trying for years to handle this. But, I know something that you probably don't want me to know."

Taemin looked closely at Minho, "What do you mean?"

Minho took a deep breath, "Three years ago, when we were assigned to work on that project together in History, I followed you home and...."

"You WHAT?!" Taemin started shaking.

"Taemin, I'm sorry. I wanted to be friends with you for so long and I didn't know why. But that day I started to piece everything together." Minho looked into Taemin's eyes, "I heard what your father said, and it was all lies Taemin. I should know. How could any of that be true and yet..."

"And yet?" Taemin unknowingly prompted.

Minho sighed, "Taemin, I don't know how it happened but somewhere along the line I fell for you. Something in me changed and I-I..." Minho took a deep breath, "I love you, Lee Taemin."

Taemin couldn't process what Minho said to him for a few minutes the two stood there in absolute silence. Minho wondering if he shouldn't have said anything at all, and Taemin thinking about, well- everything.

"Minho," Taemin finally spoke, "What do you think of the snow?"

The question shocked Minho, but he quickly recovered his composure and looked into Taemin's eyes before responding. "Taemin, the snow reminds me more of you than anything else. You're wonderful, graceful, and unique. There's only one you like there is no identical snowflakes. But you are the snowflake that I fell in love with."

A tear of happiness escaped Taemin's eyes. Unique. Not dirty, not perfect, unique- me. "Thank you, Minho. You said something I needed to hear more than anything. I can't say I love you, but I'm willing to give you a chance." Taemin spoke quietly.

Minho's face brightened immediately, "That's all I need, my snowflake." My perfect little snowflake. Minho took Taemin's hand in his own and they left the park together.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey there!

Forgive me for my 2min fail! I really just wanted to write about snowflakes and it relating to a person... so... PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MY FAIL! ^-^ Anywho, if you want to read something in particular but can't find it anywhere- comment on my wall. I'll do my best to accomodate! ^-^

Thanks for reading (and commenting if you so choose)! Also, stay awesome!!

~BaiLingLing <3