Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday - Yongguk

The black words against the white pages took you to a distant land, an escape to help you relax, turning each and ever page was an accomplishment especially when you ended a chapter and started another one. Intrigued with the story at hand, you almost didn’t hear your phone beside you, calling out for you to answer the incoming call.

Tearing your eyes away from the interesting story, you pressed your phone to your ear while you eyes still moved from left to right.

"Noona, can you come over today?" You heard the sweet voice of Zelo calling. Smiling, you marked your place at a new paragraph.

"Hey, ummmm I wasn’t planning on it but if you need me I can come over." You replied while your fingers turned the pages, counting how many you had left before the end of the chapter.

"Yah what did she say?" Jongup calls in the background

"I am still talking to her Hyung." Zelo retorts.

"Do you want me to come over?" You asked him catching Zelo’s attention.

"Yes please. We have something special we need you to help us with today." Zelo almost whining on the other line.

"Okay, okay, I will be over soon." You said with a smile.

"Wear something nice too!" Daehyun called quickly before you could hang up the phone.

"Okay!" Ending the call, you wondered what those boys were up to. Closing your book, you headed to your closet. Picking out a nice pair of jeans and a cute ruffled top, you played with your hair before pulling a part of your hair into a big flower clip. Heading out the door, you choose some comfortable yet classy shoes. Grabbing your phone and purse you headed out the door to the dorm of BAP.

The warm sun happily kissed your exposed skin, making you smile at the warmth that radiated down from something so far away. Skipping up the stairs to the right floor of the dorm, you sang a few songs to yourself before knocking on the door.

"Noona!" You heard from the other side before the door swung open quickly. Zelo quickly grabbed your hand, dragging you inside, you didn’t have time to take off your shoes.

"Can you help us with the cake? Where should I put the presents? What more can we do? Do you think that Yongguk would like this?" All of these questions were shot at you from the different members. Feeling overwhelmed you took a few deep breaths.

"Where is Yongguk?" Was your first question to the five other members.

"He is out getting groceries." Youngjae replied while you nodded.

"What is this for?" You questioned them again.

"For Hyung’s Birthday!" Jongup said while Zelo jumped happily beside you. A smile happily crept onto your face.

"Alright, let’s give him the best surprise party every!" You cheered while the member happily cheered with you.

"Daehyun and Himchan can I put you in charge of blowing up balloons and doing decorations please." You kindly ordered, nodding they headed into the living room where they started blowing up balloons.

"Zelo can you gather up all of the presents please and put them on the couch." You once again guided while Zelo tried to find the presents that the members had hid earlier.

"Jongup and Youngjae you can help me with the cake." Walking into the kitchen you saw a cake box on the counter. Lifting the lid you saw the beautiful circle cake below.

"Can you two put on the candles while I go and check on everyone?" You asked while they both nodded confidently.

Looking around seeing everyone doing their jobs perfectly, you smiled happily at your organizational skills before taking in a big breath.

"You should go see if Yongguk is coming home yet?" Himchan suggested while you nodded, thinking that you should do your part for the party as well.

Closing the door behind you, you headed down the hall trying to see if Yongguk was coming anywhere near the dorm. Not seeing anyone in sight you headed back to the dorm.

Opening the door, all of the guys were just playing around with the balloons trying not to have them hit the ground.

"Noona can we put the candles on the cake now?" Zelo ran up to you with a bright smile on his face.

"Sure!" You replied seeing that everyone was just having a good time.

Zelo and you went over to the cake that was carefully taken out of the box and set on the counter. Zelo grabbed the candles that sat in a high cabinet. Handing them over to you, you counted the right amount of candles and placed them on the counter.

"You can place them on the cake if you want to." You invited Zelo as he smiled and nodded his head. Carefully placing each candle on the cake, he was done in a matter of minutes.

"Noona, can I light the candles?" Zelo called out for you while you were already preoccupied. Hearing you say ‘yes’ he didn’t realize that it wasn’t for you, but he grabbed the lighter. The flame burned from the long barrel, lighting each candle carefully,

Missing one of the candles in the middle of the cake, he tilted the lighter trying to get the last candle, but before the wick would take the flame the other candles around it started to heat up and burn Zelo’s skin.

"Noona!" Zelo yelled, snapping your head around, you saw him trying to light the candles but he dropped the lighter on to the top of the cake before he wrapped his hand around his other hand.

"Zelo what happened?" You rushed over to him, carefully trying to look at the wound he was obviously trying to find.

"I-I b-b-burned myself o-o-o-on the c-c-c-c-candles." He sobbed, pulling him into your embrace you rubbed his back while leading him to the bathroom to help soothe his burn.

Once you got Zelo’s hand under cool water, he calmed down a little holding onto your shirt just like a little kid. Keeping it under the water for a while, you began to hear other sounds that were coming from somewhere else. Lifting Zelo’s hand from the water, you carefully dried it before coming out to see Daehyun popping the balloons with Himchan, trying to hug each other and popping the balloons between them. Jongup and Youngjae were trying to fix the cake, blowing out the flames and taking off the candles to try and get the lighter from the melting cake.

Hearing the key slide into the door, everyone froze.

"It’s Yongguk" Youngjae whispered, Jongup grabs the cake while Daehyun and Himchan try to pop their last balloon between them. The door opened but as it opened Jongup spills the cake on the ground. Yongguk came through the door as the cake fell to the ground.

"Surprise!" Zelo yelled as he jumped for joy, holding his injured hand.

Yongguk stood there stunned, with a cake on the ground, the maknae hurt, balloons sounding like guns and everything a complete mess you felt tears flood to your eyes.

"I’m sorry, so sorry." Jongup profusely appologized while Youngjae tried to help him clean up the ruined cake that splattered all over the floor.

Yongguk looked over and saw Daehyun and Himchan with static hair standing straight up from their heads while the other balloons stuck to them. Zelo was looking at the burn on his hand. Yongguk’s eyes came to your figure, your hands were over your face, your shoulders rounded.

Putting all of the pieces together, a big smile came onto Yongguk’s face. Slowly walking up to you, he wrapped you in a hug, pulling you against his chest. One of his hands gently pet your hair while he rocked you in his arms.

"It was supposed to be perfect." You mumbled just loud enough for him to hear. Pulling your hands away from your tear soaked face, you carefully wrapped them around him while he kissed the top of your head.

"I just wanted your birthday to be perfect." You whispered into his chest.

"It is perfect." He whispered back, lifting your head at his odd comment, this was the least perfect thing that anyone could have seen on their birthday. "It is perfect because you are here, you all tried to throw me a surprise party and I am so touched that you all think of me so highly to do it for me."

His eyes started to gloss over with fresh tears. “I couldn’t ask for anything more on my birthday than you.” He held back his tears while his voice slightly cracked. Resting your head on his chest, you tightened your grip on him as he did the same to you.

"Happy Birthday Yongguk."