Drugs

Drugs

Drugs are the only thing that keeps Daniel alive. He does drug and he sells them. Money makes Daniel happy and by selling drugs, he gets money easily and with money he gets to do everything. Daniel is an artist who entertains people with his songs. His voice makes his fans worship him. He liked that, he likes being worship, he likes money and drug keeps him calm.

Daniel and his band mates are on the way to the live broadcast music show. They’re so excited to perform since this is they’re first comeback after a long time. The journey when the car drives along the building, Daniel saw their fans. There’s a lots of fans who holding a banner with his name and their band’s name. Of course there’s other member’s name banner too. Daniel is so sure that he is the most famous in DMTN. Daniel has lots of friends. There is this one friend who introduced him to the world of drugs. Daniel didn’t know if he should thank or mad at him. He knows, he knows that drugs are bad. The most bad thing in the world but he can’t resist the pleasure. Drugs make him happy.

When Daniel arrived at the backstage, he secretly went to the bathroom and took a pill of Heroine. He wants to do the best on their comeback so he will take on pill to keep him alive. The pill will makes him energetic level higher.

“Ah~ So good.” Daniel said after he took the pill. Suddenly, he heard someone bang the bathroom’s door.

“Hey, what are you doing in there? I need to use it too.” Some crew yelled at him.

Daniel went out from the bathroom and make a sorry gesture using his hands to the crew. The crew just ignored him. On the way out, his head suddenly spinning so hard. He walked like a drunk guy.

“Hey buddy. Long time no see.” Amber approached him.               

“Hey.” Daniel replied short. He saw Amber. A lots of Amber. His vision is not clear.

“Bro, are you okay?” Amber’s face showed worry and she notices that Daniel been act different.

“I’m okay. Don’t worry about me.” Daniel said.

“Come one, look at me. Oh here, let me bring you into the waiting room.” Amber tried to persuaded him.

 “Can you just leave me alone?!” Daniel screamed at Amber and pushed her hands away. Amber shocked and they just stared at each other for a few seconds.

“Okay then.” Amber said then she went to her waiting room.

Daniel felt guilty and want to apologize but he just went back to the waiting room. His friends asking him about his where about and he just said “Bathroom.”

After the performances, they went to the producer to greet. The producer praised Daniel. They said Daniel is a hardworking guy. Daniel felt so proud. He felt like he wants to throw a party. Maybe it’s a little too much but that’s how he felt at that time. On the way back to their dorm, Daniel got a messaged from his friend that someone wants to buy. You know what.

As arrived, he quickly changed his clothes, took those ‘important’ things and about to go out when his leader asked him where is he going.

“Chilling with friends. They want to celebrate our comeback.” He replied to the leader. He respected his leader.

“Okay then. Don’t come back home late.” Inati said to him. Inati can’t say anything else because he loves Daniel. Daniel is like a little brother to him. Moreover, Daniel is the youngest in the band. Everyone loves him.

“Okay.” Daniel replied with a gummy smile.

He went into his car and put the drugs under the seat then he droves the car to the place that he friend waiting.

When he arrived there, he quickly went to park the car and went to his friend.

“Hey. What’s up?” Daniel greeted his friend.

“Good. Real good.” Alex said and by that Daniel knew that Alex just took a pill.

“So where is the buyer?” Daniel asked while looking around the place.

“The buyer is still not here yet. You know, traffic jam.” Alex said.

“Okay.” He said.

“Do you have lots of drugs left?” Alex suddenly asked.

“Hmm. Yes. I have about 120 packs left. Why?” Daniel said confusedly.

“I want to buy some. Mine just finished one hour ago.” Alex confessed.

“What? We just bought it three days ago and you had finished it all?” Daniel asked him.

“Well, you know me. I can’t live without drugs. Drugs are like my soul mate. I don’t need woman. I need drugs. Drugs give me everything. My eternal life partner.” He said.

Daniel just laughed at him and gave him two packs of drugs.

“What? Just two? Give me 20 packs.” Alex said.

“What? It’s too much.” Daniel protested.

“Just give me 20 packs, it’s not like I won’t pay.” Alex annoyed.

“Fine. Here.” Daniel just gave up and gave him want he wants.

After like 20 minutes, the buyer came and apologized for being late. Daniel and Alex just relax. The buyer said he wants to buy 50 packs. Daniel gave him the 50 packs and he has 50 packs left. Daniel said to Alex that they need to order more at Christine. Alex just agreed. Daniel called the source and order 500 packs of drugs. 250 packs for him and 250 packs for Alex. Christine asked if that enough and Daniel said yes while Alex protested that it’s not enough. Unluckily, Daniel already hung up the phone so Alex didn’t have an opportunity to say anything.

It’s midnight already so Daniel want to go back home since Inati already said to go back home early. He sent Alex home and drives home. On the way to the home, there’s a roadblock. Daniel felt anxious and quickly took all the drugs and put under the seat. When the police asked him to roll down the window, he did. The police asked for his identification card. The police was about to say go when there’s one police who suddenly asked Daniel what is the white packet beside him, on the seat. Daniel turned his head at the seat and shocked to see a packet of drug left there. He didn’t know that he left one packet. He cursed silently. The police noticed something suspicious and asked him to park his car beside the road. Daniel just agreed. The police checked his car while he stood outside.

The polices looked at him. The police just stared then shakes their head. Some of the police approached him.

“What did you do is wrong. You’re still young and yet you did this. This will bring shame to your family. I know that you’re an artist but that doesn’t mean you can do this. Follow me to the police station.” The police said to him and handcuffed Daniel. Daniel felt regretted. He worried about how fans will reacts, how his company will reacts, how his friends will react and the most important is how his band mates will reacts. He didn’t care about his family since he’s all by himself. He doesn’t have family. His band is like his family. He felt shame. He really mad at himself. He knows that surely DMTN will have a long rest again, right after their comeback. They didn’t even promote it yet. His fans will hate him. Everyone will hate him including himself.

The police station asked for his family phone number and he just gave Inati’s number. While they’re waiting for Inati, police will investigate him.

“When did you start?” The police asked.

“One year ago.” Daniel replied.

“Why?” The police asked again.

“Because my band is not so popular and we didn’t make any comeback. I need money and someone introduced this.” Daniel said.

“That’s mean you just didn’t took it but sell it too? And you have a friend?” The police said.

“Yes and yes.” Daniel will surely not take the blame alone. Those who involved will get it too.

Daniel told the full story at the police, including Alex and Christine. The police will take the case into the court tomorrow. Tomorrow, Daniel’s life will change.

“Daniel? What did you do? Why you do this?” Inati asked lots of question since he’s worried. Daniel knows this trait of him. He will asked lots of question when he’s worried.

“Don’t worry about me.” Daniel said to him.

“What? What did you said? Don’t worry about you? How can I not worry about you? You’re my brother.” Inati said then suddenly he heard a little sobs.

“Don’t you hate me? I did wrong. To me, our group, company and nation.” Daniel said while sobbing.

Inati just brotherly hugged him and said that everything is okay.

The day after is painful for Daniel. His fans know about the news. Everyone talks about him. He went to court and because he gave a honest explanation, he just will do a public service and went to the rehab. He saw lots of comments said that he’s irresponsible, stupid and many more but there’s also lots of fans who said that it’s okay and they will support him no matter what happened. He felt touched. He read this one comment and he felt like crying after he read that.

“ No matter what, I will support you. People change right? So I know you will change. You will realize that what you did is wrong and will never do that again. I love you. We love you. You have us as a backbone. Have a good rest at the rehab and comeback with the old Daniel that we known.” –rilalulilo-

 

Author's note: Brb crying. I miss him so bad.