It all started here

I Knew I Loved You

 

 

 

 

 

 

*****

 

Have you ever experience a thing where a magical moment happens in reality?

 

 

*****

 

It was a fine sunny morning, supposedly, Jinwoon was about to paint his canvas, but since laziness hits him big time, he decided to go in his favorite place. Getting his inspiration for the upcoming painting contest held in this place.

 

Jinwoon sighed, letting the sun rays hits his face freely, and this is life he ever wanted, far from the polluted community in the city, far from the noisy and city lights and far for everything he have

 

He continued walking; whenever he felt loss of inspiration or bored he keeps walking in this place, this place calms his inner soul.

 

His own savage garden

 

His safe haven

 

He never regretted moving here. Never in his life had he felt this kind of completeness

 

His attention was caught by a woman standing there, just like him, she was simply looking to the entire place, hugging herself, and she looks serene and pure. He thin lips, and prodded nose, her expressive deep brown eyes, her natural wavy hair that seems dancing in the breeze of air.

 

For the first time in his life, Jinwoon didn’t admired this kind of beauty of a woman, though he already painted a lot of beautiful women, from Asian beauties, Mexican up to white ones—but her; she was an exception.

 

There was something about her that caught all of his entire attention, a total head turner. She has something that really admirable, she become more and more beautiful whenever you look on her for long--

 

Jinwoon enjoys staring at her. He smiles the moment he saw her flashed a smiled.

 

 

“Hey!”

 

Blaaggg..

 

Seulong snaps his head, waking him up from his dream. “You’re dreaming again aren’t you?” Seulong said amused.

 

Jinwoon scratch the back of his head. He stared blankly to the blank canvas in his front he didn’t realized he already dozed off in sleep. He sighed, he supposed to finish this artwork yet nothing comes in his head, aside from the woman he keeps dreaming from the past months.

 

“I thought this event is important to you?” Seulong eyebrow twitches. “So what happen?” he added. “You even fly here to Jeju, just to find your so called inspiration. Just let me remind you—do you even realized that the penny you have would not last for a two months?”

 

“Yeah—I know that” Jinwoon answered, eyes still lock on his blank canvas.

 

“Tsk. You know that? Seriously? You not even have a decent job here”

 

“I’m working, you know” Jinwoon said defensively.

 

“What kind of work? You only did nothing but an on call job!”

 

“So? It’s still a work for me.” He said.

 

Seulong shook his head. “I can’t believe you, and that’s how you purposely wanted for living? You’re not even paying for your rent that seriously not look house for me, you do really want this for your life?”

 

“I already paid my rent so don’t worry about it and besides it comfortably living there”

 

“Are you still normal?”

 

“I’m perfectly fine hyung”

 

“Aiiggoo! I don’t know how to put some senses on your thick head, you’re smart, good looking man but—jeez!”

 

“I’m fine! Don’t worry about me” Jinwoon said, as he started some lines in his canvas

 

“Just a little brotherly advice dude why don’t you just go home—“

 

“Shhsss!”Jinwoon gestured, he even put his pointing finger to his mouth silencing him. “I’m thinking don’t disturbed me”

 

“Fine.fine.” Seulong raised his both hands in defeat. “I just came here to tell you Eunjung got a part time job for you it’s far away from Jeju just to inform you”

 

“Okay. What is it?” His face lightens.

 

“Seriously? Now we’re talking” Seulong shook his head. “ well—all you have to do is to be a tour guide that’s it.. , I know you can do it perfectly, since you master four different language right? ”

 

“A sorts of” Jinwoon shrug. “So when do I start?”

 

“Tomorrow 8 am sharp”

 

“Fine”

 

.

.

.

 

“The shines so brightly my dear guest” Jinwoon said as he accompany the tourist outside the bus. “This place was best in this area, this reminds you of—“ Jinwoon stops from talking as he saw a group of men running towards their direction, his eyes followed them, it seems they were chasing someone.

 

“It reminds of what?” the tourist with a British accent asks.

 

“This place will remind you of how good the sun set here, nothing but here” Jinwoon winks, his dazzling smile showing his perfect set of white teeth, that enough for the girl tourist took off guard. “Okay let’s get back to our business”

 

****

 

“Are you ready? They were waiting for you down there” Hyomin, my cousin smiled weakly to me, though I don’t have any choice in life but to do this things in life.

 

“Why you took so long?” my dad hissed the moment I step my feet on the dining.

 

I smiled bitterly, this always been a scene towards us, I am his daughter, but he treated me differently, for him, I was only a piece of thing, that he can used for his own benefit.

 

I saw nothing but familiar faces, Yoon Si Yoon, my fiancée smiling sweetly to me, and I on the other had have no choice but to smiled back.

 

“You’re becoming prettier and prettier than usual darling”

 

“Thanks auntie” I smiled sweetly.

.

.

.

 

 “So how’s everything in progress?”

 

“Uncle, everything is fine, right honey?”  Si Yoon look at me, I smiled back

 

“I’m so excited from this marriage; it would be the talk of the town. For sure”

 

I just smiled, hearing this for again and again made me really sick.

 

Marriage for the sake of wealth was not new for someone just like me, I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth since childhood, having all the luxury in life it would be sounds so good, yet why am I not happy?

 

This was me in the world where I belong.

 

Yet, there is always been a part of me longing for something—

 

Something that really missing on me

 

.

.

.

 

“You seems not happy—“ Hyomin said concernedly.

 

“Do I?” I said while staring my reflection in the mirror.

 

I was wearing my wedding dress, this day supposed to be my happiest day, yet I felt nothing in my heart.

 

“If you don’t want this I will help you”

 

“But—“

 

“Jiyeon—find your happiness, if this marriage won’t make you happy, so let it is, find what makes you happy.” Hyomin smiled sincerely to me.

 

For the very first time in my life, someone asks me what makes me really happy.

 

And for this time I will surely make myself happy

.

.

.

 

Six months past right after I run away, for the supposed marriage I will be, I continuously hiding myself, I took different places, and with of course limited resources I have.

 

Hyomin took care of everything, she give me ample amount of money, enough for my stay, yet, knowing my father, him being him—

 

He can easily track me wherever I am, that’s why I have no choice but to run away here in Busan area. 

 

This place never been familiar to me, but I don’t care—all I wanted is to get out of my father’s hell cage.

 

All I wanted is to break free from his commands.

 

To have my own freedom,

 

I wanted it so badly; I never realized it not until I taste a glimpsed of it.

 

And I won’t let anyone steal that away from me.

 

*****

 

“Agassi”

 

Jiyeon eye’s turns wide as she saw Butler Seo, standing in her front.

 

“Agassi, you need to go home now”

 

And from his back, group of men came out. It took seconds before Jiyeon came back from her senses, without thinking, Jiyeon hurriedly runs out away from them.

 

“Catch her!”

 

Jiyeon runs fast, though she was not that good in running, but maybe adrenaline took place over her, she runs so fast.

 

It looks like they have a shooting in a film, people around were just there looking at them while she was running, thinking nothing but to runs out away, Jiyeon didn’t mind if she bumped into anyone.

 

“Hey! Watch out!” one of the vendor said.

 

But Jiyeon didn’t mind she continue running and running. She was damned tired, yet, she still running, how can she forget that her father’s men were best among the rest?

 

Jiyeon catches her breath, accidentally, she saw a tourist bus not far on the bay walk, she runs towards that direction. She saw a group of tourist, but it doesn’t concerned her all what concerned her is to get past them.

 

And when she was about to reach the group of tourist, Jiyeon accidentally hit someone, causing her to fell, but the man she bumped hold her in waist preventing her from falling.

 

Everything seems like a slow motion, though it’s not a perfect time to stared at the man in her front, she can’t take her eyes off him, just like her, the man was looking at him intently; as if she was something or what.

 

“she’s here. Agassi!”

 

Both her and the man turns back their head, the unfamiliar man looks at her and turns his stare to the men in their back.

 

“Agassi, come with us”

 

“No!” Jiyeon said firmly, her hold to the foreign man in her front becomes hard.

 

The man looks amused from what he was witnessing, he chuckled. “Do you know them?” he asks.

 

Jiyeon didn’t answer instead she looks pleading to him.

 

“Hand over the Agassi here” the other man in black tux commanded.

 

Their started making a scene, the group of tourist, encircled to them, anticipating for what will happen next.

 

“Oh!” Jinwoon said, he looks amusingly.“Uhmm. Want to escape?” he asks Jiyeon, dazzling his boyish grin,

 

It took a second for Jiyeon to comprehend with nod; she was destructed by his smiles, his smiles that can capture any heart for sure.

 

“Uh—yeah” Jiyeon answered.

 

“Okay—there we go” without any inhabitation, Jinwoon pulled Jiyeon away, started running again, hand in hand.

 

“CATCH THEM!!”

 

Jinwoon and Jiyeon runs fast, they even cross the small streets, runs in different narrow streets just to lost them in sight, their even hides from some stores.

 

It seems that this man knows every single street in this area that was in her mind.

 

“Here” Jinwoon said, as they finally lost them in track.

 

Both, catching their breathings, they stop from the edges, where the boats were all stop. They seem so far away in the market.

 

They didn’t realize that they were still holding hands.

 

“Th—thank you” She said as she realized how their hands still holding, she immediately pulled it away.

 

Jinwoon just smiled. Jiyeon can’t hide how she was amazed on his smiled; she looks down feeling so embarrassed.

 

Silence envelops them both. They were lost in words or maybe just because they were don’t know each other that’s why. Only their heavy breathings were the only thing heard in the thin air.

 

Sun set was nearly approaching, Jiyeon didn’t realized it not until now, she saw how the sky turns into red- orange colored.

 

Indeed true, it was very beautiful sight, never in her life she admired this, the cold breeze of wind hugs her, she simply hugs herself, protecting to the cold wind.

 

On the other hand, Jinwoon smiled as he saw the sun set too. He turn her head and found Jiyeon smiling so sweetly upon looking at the sun set, the familiar feeling hits him,  Jinwoon smiled, seeing her warm smiles.

 

They stayed there admiring the beauty of the sun.

 

“Uhhmm—thank you again” she broke the silence between them

 

Jinwoon flashed his boyish grin, he even raised his one eyebrow, “No worries, uhhmm—you can take that exit, that’s the easiest way” he said.

 

“Uhmm—thanks.” Jiyeon bowed her head; she smiled awkwardly before heading her way out.

 

Jinwoon just watch her from walking. He didn’t realized not until now, she was walking barefooted, his eyes narrowed as his eyebrow twitch.

 

.

.

.

 

Jiyeon might be lucky since her able to escape with her father’s men, yet, now, she wasn’t sure if she was.

 

She don’t have any place to stay with, and obviously she can’t go back to her old apartment since she was sure that her father’s men might be there.

 

She sighed.  Without any back up plans in her mind, and cant able to process it clearly.

 

Grruuu…

 

Jiyeon sighed heavily, she hold her stomach from aching, and realization hits her big time. She didn’t ate breakfast, and her supposedly  lunch was interrupted by her father’s men.

 

“Aiiggoo” Jiyeon hissed between her own deep heavy sighed.” so unlucky of you Jiyeon-ah” she mumbled.

 

“Are you lost miss beautiful?” a man with a dirty grin approached her.

 

If one thing Jiyeon learns from the past six months of hiding, it is never, ever trust strangers.

Jiyeon rose on of her eyebrow.

 

For the first three months of running away, she learned her lessons hard. Trusting someone you barely know brings you harm, she almost turn into e that time!

 

And that lesson taught her well,

 

That was now she realized the saying don’t talk to strangers. Coz they might harm you big time.

 

Jiyeon passed the man, not wanting any chitchat to him,

 

“Hey miss! You can come with me” but the man seems one way persistent.

 

Jiyeon didn’t mind him, continue walking as if she dint heard him.

 

“Miss” the man holds her wrist.

 

“YAH!” she complaint.

 

“I told you, you can come with me” his devilishly grin makes Jiyeon shivers.

 

“I don’t like!” Jiyeon shouted, she looks from her left and right found no one could offer her help.

 

“No one is here” his grins widens he continue dragging Jiyeon. “C;mon! you will enjoy what we will going to do”

 

Jiyeon eyes widens, tension started raising as her heartbeat same her breathings becomes uneven because of horror!

 

“No please” She begged.

 

“’c’ mon” the man insisted pulling her.

 

But a firm hand holds the man shoulder stopping him from dragging Jiyeon. They head both turns to the man, and found it was the same man earlier. Jiyeon sighed in relief.

 

What does his name again? Jiyeon tries to recollect her senses. Oh shoot. I forgot to ask his name

 

“she said she don’t like it right?” his piercing eyes were dangerous. His face hardens like a stone

 

The man who was dragging Jiyeon seems afraid, without further ado, he releasesJiyeon and runs away.

 

“Uhmm—“

 

“here” Jinwoon kneeled in her front, he has a pair of slippers on his hand.

 

Jiyeon’s eyes widened, she was really shocked, mouth gaping as she stared at her.

 

“Hey! wear this” Jinwoon looks up to her waiting for her to wear the slippers.

 

“Oh! Thanks” she said shyly.

 

Jinwoon smiled to her. Jiyeon cleared hiding how awfully nervous she was.

 

Dug.Dug.Dug.

 

“Have you eaten already?” Jinwoon asks, looking at her, still kneeling

 

Jiyeon eyes blinks a several times, trying to absorb everthing.

 

“Hey!”

 

“Uh—not yet” she said, hiding her face thru embarrassment.

 

Jinwoon grins boyishly with one eyebrow rose; he smiled showing his perfect set of teeth. “then let’s eat I’m famished too” he said pulling her in hand.

 

.

.

.

 

“Mianhe for bringing you only here, you know I didn’t got my whole salary for this day, that’s why” Jinwoon said as they both waiting for the cup of ramen they both waited.

 

“No it’s okay—“ Jiyeon said shaking her head. “It’s my fault anyway. “she said, her voice was sad.

 

Jinwoon smiled,

 

Jiyeon looks down, hiding her face to him

 

“I’m sorry” she mumbled.

 

“No it’s fine” Jinwoon assured her. “No harm done” he beams.

 

“Thanks for saving me twice now” she said sincerely.

 

“Enjoy your food” the servant said the moment she laid the two bowls of noodles.

 

“Thanks” they both said.

 

“Let’s eat then” Jinwoon said

 

Jiyeon nodded.

 

“So where do you live?” Jinwoon asks in the middle of their eating.

 

“Well—“ Jiyeon hesitant to answer,

 

“Okay, you don’t need to answer if you don’t want.”

 

“It’s seems that you running away from home? Isn’t it?” He said in matter in fact tone.

 

Jiyeon didn’t answer she stared at him from a while.

 

Jinwoon smiled. Jiyeon bowed her head and continue eating.

 

.

.

.

 

“Thanks for thefood” Jiyeon bowed her head.

 

“So is this really a goodbye?” Jinwoon asks, scratching theback of his head.

 

“I guess so” Jiyeon said, smiling to him.

 

Jinwoon nodded. “Okay then, take care” he offered his hand for the handshake

 

“You too—“ she said, accepting his hand and shake it. “ thank you again” she smiled sweetly.

 

“Bye then”

 

“Goodbye”

 

They both walk away, taking different paths.

 

 Upon walking, Jinwoon stops right in the midway of walking; he turns his head and looks at Jiyeon who was walking. He smiled scratching the back of his head and continues walking again.

 

.

.

.

 

So where I am going now? Jiyeon asks herself from the middle of walking out of nowhere.

 

She was nowhere to go, all she did was to walk and walk as if that is the only thing she can do in her life.

 

“I’m freaking tired” she said the moment she saw a bench near at the park. She seated there, resting  herself as she leans her back comfortably to it

 

“Aiigoo!”She mumbled again, she let out a deep, heavy sighed.

 

When she was about to close her eyes, a loud thunder plus lightning occurs.

 

Oh. Jeez. So freaking perfect! Automatically, Jiyeon got up, not wanting  to get wet from the rain that is sure will coming.

 

But maybe fate was not on her side, before she can step her feet the heavy rains pour.

 

Getting her wet all over.

 

“Oh! God!” She shouted out of desperation, she forcefully sat down again, too late for her to hide herself from the rain, she let herself shivers from cold and let the rains pours over her.

 

She’s so helpless, really, really unlucky. She sighed. Since how many heavy sighed she did today? She can’t even count it up.

 

As she was about to close her eyes, a pair of shoes came to her front, and the rain that was falling to her stops.

 

Hurriedly, she looks up, and found the same man. Standing proudly in her front, with umbrella in his hand while his free hand was inside of his pocket he was looking at her intently.

 

Jinwoon smiled to her. “So just what I thought” he showed his boyish grins once more.

 

“You—“

 

“Yes. Me again” he grins. “Want to come with me? I can offer you a place to stay, my house have two rooms ” he offered.

 

Jiyeon blinks, she stared at him from a quiet a while, as she was fighting for the intensity of stare he was giving her.

 

“My offer would stand only for five seconds—five, four, three--”

 

Like seriously? Jiyeon started to panicked. Thinking of what he was said.

 

“Two”

 

He seems not harmful, he saved me thrice right?

 

No you should learn not to trust easily Jiyeonher other inner self said.

 

“One”

 

“Yes. It would be a great help” Jiyeon blurt out without any thinking.

 

“okay that’s settle then” he said. “ by the way what is your name?” he asks. “We saw each other this day thrice and offered you to stay with me but I don’t your name yet” he said, laughing as he scratch the back of his head, seems embarrassed.

 

“Jiyeon—“ she answered.

 

“Jiyeon” he repeated as if he was memorizing perfectly his name. “Jinwoon” he said offering his hand for a handshake again. “We finally formally meet”

 

“Yes we were” Jiyeon said. “Nice meeting you”

 

“Likewise”

 

.

.

.

 

“We will stay here until the sun rise tomorrow and we were heading to my house” Jinwoonsaid as he fixing the room he was occupying in his stay here.

 

Jiyeon nodded.

 

“You sleep here in bed” He said, as he pulled Jiyeon to the edge of the bed. “ I sleep in couch” Jinwoon added, he get the extra pillow and comforter.

 

“No! No! No!” Jiyeonshake her head. “I’ll sleep in the couch”

 

Jinwoon eyebrow twitch. “No! i sleep here! Kay. Just sleep we have a long ride tomorrow” he announce, he even lay down on the couch.

 

“Uhhmm—can I ask where do you live?”

 

“I’m living in Jeju” he said, eyes close.

 

“JEJU?!” she said almost shouting.

 

“Yeah “ Jinwoon said, he lazily open his eyes.

 

“You live that far?”

 

“Yeah.Any  Change of mind?” he smirked.

 

“No. it’s just—why are you doing here anyway? Like-“

 

“I got a part time job here that’s why”

 

“I see” Jiyeon nodded her head.

 

“Don’t you think that my place was the best place for you to hide?” Jinwoon said he change his position, turning his body against her.

 

“Huh?”

 

“I know you run away from home, and Jeju was bit far you know, I live in some province in Jeju, you’re safe there. So don’t worry, they won’t easily found you there”

 

“Why are you helping me?” Jiyeon asks, she was clueless, she didn’t see anything reason for him to help her out.

 

He can be in big trouble for what he was doing yet, he still helping her.

 

“Hmm?”Jinwoon mumbled. “Coz I want too” he said.

 

Jiyeonstared at him. A smile form on her lips, maybe, he’s really a good man.

 

 

*************

 

“Jinwoon you have to explain to me why—“ Seulong stops in midway of his words, with eyes widens In shock as he saw Jinwoon with a woman standing beside him.

 

But that’s not what surprising him, the idea itself that Jinwoon has a woman with him was really shocking but the thing that’s with him was most shocking at all.

 

“Uhmm—annyeong?” Jiyeon greeted hesitantly.

 

“Uh—“ Seulong looks at Jinwoon, on the other hand, Jinwoon gestured him to greet back. “Annyeong” he said almost lost on words.

 

Seulong eyes darted with Jinwoon, confusion and asking was really evident.

 

“she will live here for now on.” Jinwoon announces.

 

“She’s what?” Seulong almost shouted.

 

“Hyung you heard me, she’s staying with me here” he repeated.

 

Seulong sighed, as if the information didn’t pacified him enough. “Come a seconds here Jin!” he said, pulling him away with enough distance away to Jiyeon.

 

“Hey! Why? What? But how? She’s real? For real as in? I thought—“ he whispered.

 

“Yeah. I’m shocked too” Jinwoon admitted. “Don’t ever tell her arraso? She might freak out” Jinwoon warned. 

 

.

.

.

 

“Jiyeon right?” Seulong asks again in nth time, up until now, he hardly believe that he seeing the real thing—

 

Though the similarities are there but seeing her personally amazed him big time. Until now Seulong can’t believe it himself, the person whom his considered younger brother woman in his dream was now in his front.

 

Alive and real.

 

Does it really possible?

 

Seulong shake his head, he can’t denied it nor his eyes were playing pranks on him, but he was sure of what his eyes seeing by now, he cant make mistake of it.

 

How he can have any mistake of it? If every time Jinwoon paints this woman?

 

He still can believe this.

 

Does Jinwoon know this woman and pretended it happens he saw her in his dream?

 

Maybe.

 

But no, there is no freaking way that Jinwoon would tell him a lie. Maybe his cocky and arrogant in nature but he never tell a liar.

 

It’s been a while since Jinwoon constantly talking about a certain woman he always sees in his dream, though his dream was vivid and some parts were unclear, base on his story, he can clearly pictured out the face of that woman, the dream he dreamt was always been the same,

 

“You freaking her out hyung” Jinwoon said.

 

“I just can’t believe it that I saw the real picture—I mean don’t mind me” seulong said. “I am Seulong—considered older brother by this man—“ he introduced himself. “So what’s your relationship with this ? Did the both of you elope or what?” he asks, he looks meaningfully to Jinwoon who glared back to him.

 

“YAH!!” Jinwoon shouted, embarrassed written on his face.

 

Jiyeon blushed.  “No! he just helping me out”

 

“Ohh—“ he said amused, forming a perfect O shape.  “Is that so? Well—if that’s the case, just beware of this man, I’m his friends for a long time, when something happen just like he turns into beast at midnight you can knock me in the next household got it?” Seulong teasingly smiled.

 

Jinwoon glared, as he got the double meaning of his words.

 

Jiyeon eyebrow twitch as if she didn’t get what he was saying.

 

.

.

.

 

 

“so the rumors were all true?” Eunjung teasingly said as she looks at Jiyeon who was busy bowing her head.

 

It was early in the morning when Eunjung came to Jinwoon’s house unannounced. Since, Eunjung house was right next with Seulong, and considering she was Jinwoon’s friends plus the fact she was Seulong’s long time girlfriend, the news was perfectly delivered to her freshly.

 

“You’re really beautiful” Eunjung commented. “By the way I am Ham Eunjung, Jinwoon’s raw sister in law” she smiled.

 

Jiyeon’s eyebrow twitches again. “Raw sister in law?”

 

“Yes. You can say that. Since Seulong and Jinwoon were not really brothers that’s make us, me his raw sister in law” she explained.

 

“Ahh—“ Jiyeon smiled. “ I’m Jiyeon” she said smiling so sweetly.

 

“So who are you to him? His girlfriend?” she teasingly asks.

 

“No! were just—ahhmm.. chingu?” Jiyeon said as if she was not sure to her answer.

 

“Aww.. Jinwoon” she looks at Jinwoon “she’s too cute to be true. Haha.. anyways nice meeting you, you’re such a sweet girl”

 

“Thanks” Jiyeon said.

 

“Ohh! Here!” Eunjung handed her a paper bag. “I just brought these here, since someone keeps on barging me about this early in the morning” she looks at Jinwoon who pretended busy.

 

“What is it?” Jiyeon innocently asks.

 

“That’s clothes; I believe you don’t have any clothes on you?” Eunjung said, as if it is one obvious thing.

 

“Uh yeah—komawo”Jiyeon shyly said.

 

“No worries, it’s a good thing Jinwoon know your sizes,” Eunjung smirked. “aiggo! For someone who just chingu, he knows perfectly what or what not fitted on you” she added maliciously

 

“Oh shut it noona”

 

“I’m just joking”

 

But it seems like Jiyeon didn’t got what she was pertaining to, her eyebrow twitch more.

 

Eunjung just laughed on her reaction. “oh—I don’t know if she’s does dense or really plain innocent,” she whisper to Jinwoon.

 

Jinwoon chuckled.

 

.

.

.

 

“So do you know how to cook?” Jinwoon asks as he was busy fixing his materials, he was ready to off from part time job.

 

“Yes. I’ll cook our dinner” Jiyeon smiled.

 

Jinwoon nodded his head. “Okay. I’ll be back in the afternoon, just remember what I told you arraso?”

 

“Yes”

 

“Don’t you dare go to that room arraso?” Jinwoon points out the room in the corner.

 

Jiyeon nodded. “I won’t”

 

“Fine. I’m going”

 

Once Jinwoon went out, Jiyeon started cleaning the whole house, the house was plain and simple, it consist of three rooms, Jinwoon’s room, the room she was using and the other room in the edge that for her seems his storage room ,the same room that Jinwoon’ prohibited her from going.

 

The living room and kitchen area was not that spacious. Technically, you can see the entire interior of this house, so far from the house she live before she runaway from their house.

 

Yet, this place was a homey feeling, a comfortable feeling she never felt when she was still living in her cage called mansion

 

 

 

.

.

.

 

“I’m home!” Jinwoon announces the moment he opens the door of the house, he hurriedly went to the kitchen area when he heard the sounds of the utensils.

 

“Oh—you’re here” jiyeon smiled.

 

“Uhmm—yeah I’ m here” Jinwoon said, his eyes landed on the table, found there were  unfamiliar dishes already served In the table.

 

“C’mon let’s eat” Jiyeon said.

 

“So what do you call about this?” Jinwoon asks as he picks one of the food Jiyeon cook using a chopstick.

 

“that is a scramble egg” Jiyeon said, in a matter of fact tone.

 

“Scramble egg? Seriously?” Jinwoon said in disbelief.

 

“Uhm yes? Why is there anything wrong?” Jiyeon asks.

 

Jinwoon didn’t say anything, he started eating but spill it out again. “YAH!” jinwoon complaint.

 

“Wae?” Jiyeon asks innocently.

 

“Do you know how to use salt? It’s really salty you know! And why the hell you mix the shell of egg?” he said narrowing his eyes on her.

 

“Wae? That’s how supposed to cook scramble eggs right? You have to mix the shell on it” Jiyeon innocently said.

 

“What the hell?” Jinwoon said disbelief written all over his face.

 

“Wae? Isn’t it wrong?”

 

“Of course!” Jinwoon almost shouted.  “Do you really know how to cook? “ he asks.

 

“Of course! I cook my food for past six months you know” she sounds offended.

 

“And you call this cooking?” Jinwoon asks. “the rice is still uncooked, Jiyeon the rice was supposed to cook using water, not frying oil , in what planet you really come from? This is basics!” he said arms were now on his chest, interrogating her though his voice was not mad but more like explaining

 

Jiyeon pouted, she put effort for all the dishes she prepared, yes, maybe she don’t know how to cook yet she tried, she did her very best but it seems a perfect failed.

 

She was really offended on him, and maybe because she didn’t expect he would be this mean for her, since ever since she knew him, this was the first time he acted like this.

 

Jinwoon sighed. “Fine! let’s just eat outside” he said, stood up on his seat.

 

“Wae? Why you still there? C’mon” Jinwoon said.

 

“Well—you can eat outside if you want I’ll just eat this all. After all it’s awful to waste food”

 

“And you call this food?” Jinwoon asks. “c’mon” he said puling Jiyeon’s hand. “  I won’t let you eat this s”

 

“YAH! I cooked this s you calling” Jiyeon complaints.

 

Jinwoon laughed. “So you mad? “

 

Jiyeon pouted more.

 

“Fine. Fine. I appreciated your effort from cooking but please this would be the last time” he said seriously

 

“YAH! You making fun of me!”

 

“Hahahah! Aiiggo!” Jinwoon keeps on laughing.

 

.

.

.

 

“I thought your mad at me” Jiyeon said while they were walking.

 

Right after that incident, Jinwoon never let her cook again, every morning, Jinwoon was the one who preparing the breakfast before going to his part time jobs, he even some food for her lunch, and during nights Jinwoon bring cook foods, or they simply eat in Eunjung’s restobar.

 

And now, they were heading to the market place, Jinwoon promised her to bring her there, since she was too bored to stay only at house and do nothing but house hold chores.

 

So far, aside from cleaning the whole house, she already know how to washed clothes thanks for Jinwoon’s teachings.

 

Sometimes or most of the time, Jiyeon seems embarrassed how she felt unusedful and stupid, and get more and more embarrassed whenever she realized how good Jinwoon was in household chores than her.

 

Just to think she was the girl in the house and considered she was staying here for free!

 

Jiyeon sighed, just thinking she was just a burden to him makes her heart ache.

 

“Mad? That’s a strong word woman”

 

Jiyeon came back on her senses upon hearing him.

 

“Really?”

 

“I never been mad and I would never be mad on that scramble eggs with egg shell” he beams

 

Jiyeon pouted, for the past days she live with him, they seems comfortable to each other, not to mention she discovered his habits of teasing her anytime.

 

Yeah, each day past, she discovered a lot of things about him. And though she didn’t want to admit it, she admires every single thing she knew about him.

 

“He’s Mr. know it all you know”

 

Eunjung said one time she visited on his house, whenever she’s a lone or Eunjung have his free time, she often visits her. At the short period of time, they become so close to each other, she even told her everything.

 

Why she runs away from home, she never put it as a secret, since for Jiyeon why she needs to hide from them? If she felt the essence of family from them?

 

 

“But seriously who taught you that?” Jinwoon asks.

 

“Hmm—taught what?”

 

“That weird cooking techniques”

 

“YAH!”

 

“Oh! Jinwoon!”

 

A woman who was the same age like them approached them, she was holding a basket of fruits.

 

“I was about to go to your house” her eyes narrowed to Jiyeon. “Who’s she?”

 

“this is Jiyeon” Jinwoon introduced her. “Jiyeon this is Ha Ra one of our neighbor living there” he points out the farthest part area.

 

“Who’s she?” Ha Ra seems not satisfied.

 

“Oh she’s my friend”

 

“A friend?” she asks as if she didn’t convince. “so she visits you here?” she asks again trying to get more information.

 

“No she’s living with me” jinwoon smiled.

 

“She’s what?” Ha Ra shouted. “She’s living in your house? But why—“

 

“You didn’t know?” Jinwoon seems surprised. “I thought we already finished explaining this to all”

 

Yeah, indeed truth, for the past weeks she stayed here, there are no days they keep telling and tellin and explaining what they really are, chingus. That’s how they both keep telling and telling.

 

But some assume they were more than that. You can’t blame them right? who’s in the right mind that a woman and a man lives under one roof? And claiming theirselves only just friends?

 

Ha Ra eyes narrowed to her as if it was piercing to her deepest soul.

 

From that moment, she gain another friend again.

 

*******

 

“You’re seriously don’t know how to do this?” Ha Ra exclaimed, since the day they first met, Ha Ra keeps going to Jinwoon’s house, since then they usually hang outs together, though they relationship can say they are not friends but not enemies as well.

 

“Well if I know you think I will asks this?” Jiyeon asks, eyebrow twitching.

 

“OH seriously?” Ha Ra rolled eyes. ”I wonder how Jinwoon can stand your dumbness” she whispered. “Fine. Jiyeon in where hell yeah planet you came from, just to remind you clearly, Kimchi is one of the favorite dish of ours, so basically and technically speaking, any individual knew how to do this.” She said in a matter of fact tone.

 

Oh. Our chefs made that for me. She wanted to her right away, but Jiyeon keeps shut, she doesn’t want to tell her real status. All she wanted is to remain just the simple girl from their perspective.

 

“Oh you’re here?” Jinwoon said the moment he saw Ha Ra in his house.

 

“yep” she said full of spirit.

 

“Oh! Guarding what you think was yours I think?” Eunjung smirked, she entered the house too followed by Seulong behind.

 

Ha Ra narrowed her eyes to Eunjung, as I she gets the double meaning of what she said

 

Obviously, Ha Ra have a feelings towards Jinwoon, it was not hidden, she obviously telling it verbally and by actions, yet Jinwoon didn’t mind it all, for him she was just like a little sister to him.

 

“So what are you cooking?” Jinwoon said as he leans towards Jiyeon, his both hands on Jiyeon’s both side, caging her with his arms,

 

Jiyeon smiled, facing him not minding how close the distance they are

 

From the past two months of them living together, they become more close to each other that sometimes others think it in different way.

 

“Well—I asked Ha Ra how to prepare kimchi” she beams proudly.

 

“Chicnha?” Jinwoon said amused. “I wonder what kind of kimchi you can make now” amusement written in his face.

 

“YAH!” Jiyeon complain, giving him a soft punch in his shoulder,

 

Jinwoon laughed, getting her hand she used on punching him.

 

Indeed, Jiyeon’s skills in cooking was really worst of all.

 

Eunjung giggled, she looks at her namja, Seulong on the other hand, smiled

 

“Ehem!” Ha Ra fake a coughed, getting their attention. “So can we start now?” she said irritatedly.

 

Jinwoon let go Jiyeon’s hand.

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

“you look blooming” Eunjung said the moment they seated in the bar.

 

They were now in the bar owned by Eunjung, basically it’s not a typical bar you knew, it was a restaurant with a bar aura, drinks were serve but not that hard drinks, every night there is a live band.

 

“Am i?” Jiyeon asks.

 

“Yes you are. It seems Jinwoon taking a really good care of you” Eunjung said, her smile didn’t faded on her face.

 

Jiyeon smiled, indeed truth, for the past months of staying to Jinwoon, all he did was to take really good care of her. She’s more than thankful about that.

 

“Do you like him?” Eunjung asks nowhere.

 

Automatically, Jiyeon’s eyes landed him, he was there seriously fixing in the stage.

 

Jiyeon automatically blushed, who wouldn’t right?

 

“So you don’t have to answer me, your reaction telling it so” Eunjung said. “You know he changes a lot since you came to his life” she said sincerely.

 

“Huh?”

 

“he might seems like a happy go lucky man but definitely he’s one of who’s broken inside. Can you mend him?” Eunjung hold her hand, gently squeezing it.

 

.

.

.

 

“Do you really think you can hide here Jin?” Seulong said, his voice was ful of concern.

 

Jinwoon didn’t answered, instead he started fixing the bicycle.

 

“You can’t hide here forever” he said.

 

“I’m not hiding, you know that hyung” Jinwoon said, as he tried to fix the pedals of the bicycle.

 

“Then—why you still here?”

 

“coz I want too”

 

“Jin—they were all looking for you, sooner or later they will find you”

 

“So? Then they find me if that happens” Jinwoon said as if he doesn’t care.

 

.

.

.

 

“Hmm—“ Ha Ra said, she looks suspiciously towards Jiyeon

 

“Wae?”

 

“I heard a rumor about you”

 

“Rumor? What rumor?” her eyebrow twitch.

 

“That you run away from home that’s why you leaving with Jinwoon,” she said.

 

Jiyeon was shocked. She blinks couple of times.

 

“Is that true?” her eyes narrowed. “if it’s true why Jinwoon helping you?”

 

“Well—that’s not true” Jiyeon fake a laughed.

 

“Tch. But you know what, that was the same rumor spread here when Jinwoon too here” Ha Ra said.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Well—when he first came here, he came all by himself, without anything in him, just so you know—it seems his like a loss puppy or something” Ha Ra said. “I remember how he looks helpless that time” she continued. “I wonder if he already found what he was looking for”

 

“Looking for?” Jiyeon asks.

 

“Yes. It seems he’s looking for someone named Kim Ae Jin”

 

“Who’s that?” Jiyeon asks curiously.

 

“Don’t know. He asks that name once but right after that he never asks again”

 

 

“Chincha?” Jiyeon asks, a part of her feel sad. For unknown reason her heartache.

 

 

“Hey” Jinwoon said, he stops from biking when he saw them two walking.

 

“Hey Jinwoon” Ha Ra greeted, her smiles widened.

 

“Come with me, we were going somewhere” Jinwoon said.

 

“Huh?” Jiyeon said dumbheadly.

 

“Let’s go” he pulled Jiyeon hand, positioning her to the back of the bike, seating “ I’m just going to take Jiyeon. “ he smiled to Ha Ra. “Hold tight Jiyeon” he ordered to Jiyeon. “Hold tight on me”

 

Jiyeon looks at him trying to process what he was saying but Jinwon motion her hands to his waist, Jiyeon obliged she put both of her arms to Jinwoon waist, hugging him to hold tight.

 

And when Jinwoon was satisfied to her hold he started running the bike again .

 

.

.

.

 

“Wow this place is really beautiful.” Jiyeon smiled widely.

 

“Chincha” Jinwoon seconded.

 

Jiyeon inhaled the fresh air,

 

A lake in the middle of beautiful and full of different flowers were on their sight. It was in the middle of rocky forest.

 

“What’s this place called?” She asks.

 

“I don’t know” Jinwoon said. “But someone I know called this Savage Garden”

 

“Savage Garden?” she repeated.

 

“Yeah” Jinwoon smiled. He got his bag, and started putting out his materials in paintings.

 

“You paint?” Jiyeon asks shock.

 

“Yeah”

 

“I didn’t know, you didn’t tell me” Jiyeon tries not to be sounded something but turns out like that.

 

Jinwoon chuckled. “You have a lot of things you didn’t know about me”

 

“Yeah.” Jiyeon said sadly, as if what he said hurt her big time. She looks away, not wanting for him to see how disappointed she was to knew, that she didn’t know anything about him, though she thought they were closely enough.

 

Jinwoon sense her sudden change of mood. “Hey”

 

“Huh?” Jiyeon sounded different.

 

Jinwoon sighed. “Fine—we can play a one hundred question game, you can ask me anything you wanted to asks”

 

Jiyeon eyebrow twitch, as if she didn’t get what he was saying, but her eyes widens as she finally realized what he was saying.

 

Does she really that transparent?  Or he has an ability to read someone minds?

 

“is that enough for you to know me better?” he added.

 

Jiyeon mouth drop. Does he really have a telepathic power?

 

But the idea of asking him one hundred question excites her.

 

.

.

.

 

“So when do you learn to paint?” Jiyeon asks right in the middle of Jinwoon’s painting of the scenery.

 

“to my mom” Jinwoon answered seriously.

 

“I see. So talents are really inherited”

 

“I guess so” he said as he keep from sketching.

 

Jiyeon nodded.

 

“Maybe your mom was really proud of you” Jiyeon said.

 

“I don’t know, I didn’t see her ever since I was born” Jinwoon said.

 

Jiyeon eyebrow twitch.  “I’m sorry I shouldn’t—“

 

“ no it’s okay. I’m used to it” Jinwoon smiled. “How about you?”

 

“What about me?” Jiyeon asks.

 

“Tell something about yourself, things you like anything under the sun” Jinwoon said.

 

“Hmm—my mom died before I got any memory of her” Jiyeon started. “I’m just the only child,” she shrug. “And you know—just how the old typical sad stories, my dad blames me for my mom’s dead. Maybe that’s the reason why he become cold towards me” she smiled bitterly. “And the rest was history” she said.

 

“So that’s your main reason of running away? Not because you refuse to marry your childhood friend?” Jinwoon said in matterly tone.

 

“How did you know that?”

 

Jinwoon shrug.

 

“Oh—Eunjung unnie told you?”

 

“Wow. I’m impressed, you’re improving from being dense” Jinwoon chuckled.

 

“Tss” Jiyeon pouted.

 

“but it’s fine that way—“ he said, he stops from sketching as he looks to Jiyeon “ if you didn’t run away, I wouldn’t have a chance to meet you” he said, looking directly in her eyes.

 

Jiyeon gulp, her breathings become uneven as she looks down

 

Dug. dug. dug.

 

Oh heart. Please come down.

 

 

.

.

.

 

“So where are we going right after there?” Jiyeon asks, they were walking to the market, since Jiyeon discovered Jinwoon was a painter, she keeps on insisting to go with him.

 

Which on the other hand, Jinwoon obliged to do.

 

“Well—I have my part time—you can go home if you want”

 

Jiyeon pouted. She stops from walking when Jinwoon stops, her eyes automatically looks in the direction he was staring at.

 

A man wearing a tuxedo was waiting there, he stood straight the moment he saw Jinwoon

 

Jinwoon eyebrow twitch as he was become irritated all of the sudden.

 

“Hey Ji—can you stay here? I have to talk to that person” Jinwoon said, he hurriedly jog to that person.

 

“Uh—“ Jiyeon said, she looks dumb headedly to them.

 

Minutes past but still they were talking seriously, that’s how Jiyeon thought, based on hos Jinwon face become serious, far from his playful aura. Jiyeon was silently staring them, as if she understand what are they talking about.

 

She saw how Jinwoon shook his head, smirking, disapproval was evident on his face.

 

“I wonder why he let me stay with him— if I did nothing but to give headache to him”

 

Jiyeon remembered her conversation to Seulong.

 

Seulong smiled, “Maybe because your both the same—he really knows the same feeling of it”

 

Another memory pop on her head.

 

“they say he run away from home, you know—when he came here, he didn’t bring anything aside from himself” Ha Ra said.

 

“He looks like a rich young tycoon to me, his aura telling it so” the old lady earlier told her.

 

Who really you are? Jiyeon asks herself inside her head.

 

.

.

.

 

“What’s with that sighed?” Eunjung asks her, they were in her restaurant

 

Jiyeon sighed again, right after that incident, Jiyeon curiosity towards Jinwoon becomes huge and huge.

 

It feels like she wanted to know everything about him,

 

When she became so greedy towards him?

 

She started to feel the need to be the closest person to him, as if her own life was into it. She pouted, her eyes narrowed as she saw how Jinwoon laughed with the other girls near at stage, her lips pursed more.

 

“Oh—now I get it, he’s little popular with girls right?” Eunjung teases.

 

Jiyeon rolled her eyes, hiding what she felt by drinking the drinks they serve earlier.

 

“But I’m one hundred percent sure—he’s truly, madly and deeply captivated with only one” she winks to her. “Oh—they were starting” she inform as Jinwoon went in the stage.

 

It was Jinwoon’s night gig, every Thursday night, Jinwoon perform in Eunjung’s restaurant, which Eunjung delighted.

 

Every Thursday night was a big blast on Eunjung restaurant, many people came, most especially girls who are obviously drooling over Jinwoon,  

 

Jinwoon started to strum his guitar, every single person inside the restaurant cheered.

 

Now Jiyeon started to wonder what Jinwoon didn’t know to do. He seems to know every single things in life.

 

He’s a jack of all traits—

 

From he’s looks up to his talents and skills

Tall and handsome—word handsome was not enough coz he’s indeed freaking one!

 

Having a great sense of humor--

 

 

Very fluent in different languages

 

 

Great cook—

 

Very skilled painter

 

And now? He can actually play instruments and sing?

 

Jiyeon stared at him, maybe even they were living together for almost four months now, she doesn’t seems know him more, she sighed a part of her got disappointed, her heart ache.

 

“This song is for you” jinwoon said,

 

Jiyeon automatically went back on her senses, she looks at him, and found he was looking at her too intently.

 

“Hope you like it” he winks at her. “my Jiyeon” he huskily said

 

The crowd started screaming, some from disappointment while the others giggling.

 

Jiyeon heart sagged to her collar bone, as butterflies’ flies freely on her stomach, hurriedly, her heart raises double it beats.

 

 

 

.

.

.

 

What are we now?

 

Jiyeon really wanted to ask that things straight to Jinwoon face.

 

Right after his gig, Jiyeon and Jinwoon went home together, both walking slowly and quietly as they both devouring themselves for each self-thinking.

 

Jiyeon simply looking at Jinwoon who’s one hand was in his pocket. Jiyeon wanted to open to say something but it seems her own mouth shutting on its own.

 

Jiyeon sighed, she looks the other way of the street, her mind still pre occupied of what happened earlier in the restaurant.

 

Was it an indirect confession?

 

Jiyeon blushed instantly, she blew some air since she started having difficulty in breathing, and her heart started beating so loud again.

 

Oh! God!

 

Once more, she looks at Jinwoon who still walking straight face, he seems okay; unlike her that still floating in too much emotions right after his song.

 

Or she started over reacting? Over thinking perhaps?

 

Does she was the only one giving meaning to everything?

 

But Eunjung said that too—

 

That was indirect confession.

 

Should I asks that to him?

 

No! Maybe he thinks I am cheap or what.

 

Jeez!

 

Jiyeon didn’t realized she’s started making weird faces at the time, still clueless and curious.

 

“Hey!” Jinwoon stole her attention.

 

“Huh?” Jiyeon seems shocked, both of them stops from walking.

 

“For past 20 minutes you making weird faces” he said.

 

“Huh?? Yah! Ani” she said hiding her face that she was sure that is blushing.

 

“And you keep bumping my hand with your hand” he complaint.

 

“Am I?”

 

“Yes you are” Jinwoon said, amusing is evident on his voice.

 

“Oh mianhe—“she pouted.

 

Jinwoon made his boyish grins, with his famous one eyebrow raising while smiling, he looks playfully to her.

 

Jiyeon steps her feet backward, for the short time being with him, she really know that gestures of him, whenever he thinks something weird ideas in his head.

 

“Wae?” she nervously asks.

 

“If our hands keeps bumping to each other, I have no choice but—“he smiled, he hold Jiyeon’s hand and intertwined it perfectly to his own hand.

 

On the other hand, Jiyeon startled, shocked evident on her face.

 

“There—“he said as they both hold hands. “It’s perfectly fitted to each other” he smiled once, before pulling her and started to walks again together. “And I don’t have any plans of letting it go” he added.

 

Jiyeon blushed, she smiled as she can’t help herself to fall hard for this man.

 

 

*********

 

Play the music below:

 

 

I don’t know what are we but I didn’t care—

 

Maybe we don’t have any labels

 

Jinwoon hold Jiyeon’s hand, not letting any distance apart from the both of them, as  they were now holding hands. They were in the plaza, as both of them busy talking to someone,

 

On the other hand, Ha Ra stared on their hands together.

 

But I know in my heart he’s really, really, really means to me

 

 

A lot.

 

Jiyeon was staring at Jinwoon intently, Jinwoon on the other hand was busy talking to his friend, who was a painter just like him

 

So much.

 

Really, really that much.

 

Jiyeon was looking at the huge flowers in her front, amazement written on her face a she was very, very happy looking at them

 

On the other hand, Jinwoon smiled seeing her reaction.

 

Click.

 

With one click of the camera, he took a picture of her.

 

 

And I love him so much.

 

Jiyeon and Jinwoon were playing in the lake, together with Seulong and Eunjung with Ha Ra of course. All of them decided to go in the picnic together.

 

Jiyeon and Jinwoon were running in the lake, Jinwoon was chasing her, they both laughing hard.

 

 

Since I met him, seconds become worth it—

 

 

“Ahh!” Jiyeon scream,

 

Jinwoon carried her, like a sack of rice and he started spinning his body.

 

 

Never in my life, I become so happy like this

 

 

Jinwoon and Jiyeon were now watching the sun set, Jinwoon hugs her from behind, as he enveloped his arms to her waist, he lean his head to her shoulder, as they both smiling watching the sun while it is gone in the moment.

 

 

And I could not asks for more, just him was enough.

 

“Yah! You putting so much!” Jinwoon complains,

 

They were in the kitchen of his house, Jinwoon was teaching Jiyeon how to cook, edible foor.

 

“Am I?” Jiyeon asks innocently.

 

“Yes. We’re not going to make stew out of oil” he said.

 

“Ohh—“

 

“Tsk. You and you’re weird cooking habits” Jinwoon snaps her forehead a little.

 

“YaH!” Jiyeon complaint.

 

Jinwoon just laughed on her reaction.

 

Is this my all waiting unanswered prayers?

 

Coz if so, he’s really, really too much.

 

 

“Hey I prepare you lunch” Jiyeon beams.

 

“You didn’t put anything weird on it right?” Jinwoon asks suspiciously.

 

“YAH!” she snaps him.

 

“Haha!” Jinwoon laughed. “I’m just kidding, I’m going” he said,

 

“Take care then” she smiled sweetly.

 

 

Jinwoon, my answered prayer.

 

Jinwoon smiled upon seeing what Jiyeon prepared for him, though it was little burnt, he smiled, he was so sure she put all her effort just to prepare this.

 

And every single moment I have for him--

 

Jinwoon was carrying Jiyeon on his back, on the other hand, Jiyeon was busy pointing anything towards Jinwoon their smiles never been faded on their faces.

 

On the other hand, Eunjung and Seulong were just staring at them smiling, seeing them like this makes them both happy.

 

I treasured it;

 

Jinwoon and Jiyeon went on the photo studio together, since Jinwoon did his part time job as photographer, right after his shift, out of naughtiness they both think in head;

 

They decided to make their own mini photo shoot together,

 

Posing different weird posed together.

 

 

They seems very happy.

 

And enjoy every single moment I have with him.

 

Jinwoon and Jiyeon were eating dinner together, Jiyeon was laughing hard as Jinwoon telling some funny moments.

 

Though it was just plain and simple moments with him

 

Jiyeon fell asleep in the couch, slowly Jinwoon carried her bridal style, and lay down her to her bed, Jinwoon stared at her, while she was sleeping soundly.

 

Slowly, Jinwoon went nearer to her, looking at her in too close distance, he kiss Jiyeon’s forehead before leaving her in her room.

 

These are of those I will never forget for the rest of my life—

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!” they all greeted the moment Jinwoon enters the household.

 

Jinwoon seems surprised.

 

 

 

“Happy birthday Jin” Jiyeon said holding a cake in her both hands. “Make a wish before blowing your candle” she said smiling.

 

Jinwoon close his eyes, as he making his wish and blew the candle after.

“happy birthday Jinwoon” Eunjung greeted.

 

“Thanks” Jinwoon said. “I was—so surprised” he said smiling so wide,

 

“It was Jiyeon idea” Seulong said. “ happy birthday”

 

“You did these all?” Jinwoon asks.

 

“Uhh—well—I asked their help too” Jiyeon said as she put the cake in the table.

 

Jinwoon pulled her, hugging her so tight. Jiyeon seems surprised.

 

“Komawo. Thank you so much” he whispered.

 

“ ohh-“ Jiyeon hugs him back.

 

Jinwoon hugs her tighter, not wanting her to go.

 

“Okay before you two carried away and do lovey dovey can we eat first?” Ha Ra asks rolling her eyes.

 

“of course”

 

.

.

.

“Never in my life have I celebrated my birthday” Jinwoon said as they were all outside the backyard, stargazing and drinking. “with people who dear to me” he added. His eyes still lock on the sky.

 

Eunjung, Seulong and Ha Ra were busy on their own businesses.

 

“You happy?” Jiyeon asks.

 

“Of course—because you’re here” he said sincerely. “with me”

 

Jiyeon smiled. “Oh before I forgot, this—“handed something “this is my present” she smiled.

 

“Oh thank you, you don’t need to do this, you know” he said.

 

“But I want too—“she pouted like a kid.

 

“Thanks by the way” he said, he opens the box and found a small keychain of paint brush. Jinwoon smiled.

 

“Well—I personally wanted to give you something really, but unfortunately my supposedly gift to you ruin and I have to budget the money I have that’s why I—“

 

“What will I do if I don’t have you?” Jinwoon said as he lean his head to her shoulder. Jiyeon froze for a moment.

 

His breathing becomes ragged and uneven, same as how Jiyeon heart beats raises so fast. Jinwoon looks up, eyes lock into her as they both mirroring each other eyes.

 

Slowly, Jinwoon face went nearer and nearer to her, Jiyeon take a deep breath,

 

Just inches apart, Jiyeon close her eyes, anticipating for the next thing he would do

 

Slowly and slowly, Jinwoon face went nearer to her, as when they lips are nearly to touch

 

Boom

 

“Hey! What are you doing there?” Ha Ra shouted

 

Jinwoon stop from attempting to kiss Jiyeon they both look at Ha Ra

 

“Let’s watch the fireworks! It’s already started” she shouted again.

 

Jinwoon turns his head and found Jiyeon was looking down, with face red like a tomato, he snaps lightly her forehead. “ Ka Ja?” he said holding her hand and pulled her.

 

.

.

.

 

“There” Jinwoon said, as he place the bunch of flower in the small grave in the top of the mountain.

 

Jiyeon just stared at him, still standing on his back. Clueless of what is happening.

 

 

“I want you to meet someone” Jinwoon turn his head and looks at Jiyeon, gesturing her to come nearer to him.

 

Jiyeon steps her feet to come nearer to him.

 

“This is my mom Jiyeon, her named is Kim Ae Jin” he said.

 

Jiyeon eyebrow twitch, as if the name was familiar to her.

 

“He’s looking for someone named Kim Ae Jin”

 

And that’s ring the bell, Jiyeon finally remembered, her gazed lowered looking to the grave in their front.

 

“Mom this is Jiyeon the one I was telling you” Jinwoon said.

 

So it’s his mom he was looking for? Jiyeon said inside of her head.

 

“Mom she’s an awful cook you know, she don’t know everything—she’s really a pain in the ” he said laughing.

 

“YAH!” Jiyeon groaned.

 

“But even if she’s not good in everything” he paused, he stare at her intently “she is my everything” he said sincerely.

 

Jiyeon mouth gaped open, her heart beat started to beat faster again.

 

 

“And I keep her mom no matter what” he said again.

 

Jiyeon smiled. “Annyeong eommonie, I am Jiyeon, it’s so nice to finally meet you”

 

.

.

.

 

“I was only a baby when they take away from her” Jinwoon said as they having a simple picnic near on the grave.

 

Jiyeon was silent, she was attentively listening to him.

 

“I was sixteen when I discovered about her, I saw her letters that supposedly for me—that day, when I knew that my mom whom I known for almost my life was not my real mom, I felt so furious and I run away, hoping that I can see her—“he said bitterly, “But—it was too late she already passed away.” He said with too much sadness in his voice. “He lives here, until her last breathed”

 

“So that’s explains why you’re here?” she asks.

 

Jinwoon nodded. “I want to keep a memory from my real mom, this place was really precious to her” he said.

 

“I know she’s happy wherever he is” Jiyeon said smiling to him, she hold his hand, assuring that everything will be fine.

 

“Thanks” He said.

 

And how I wished that these moments will never end—

 

But just like how most of the fairy tales happened—

 

“Huh. Don’t be nervous Jin! I know you can do this” Seulong said persuading him,

 

“Jagiya, you look more nervous than him!” Eunjung teases.

 

“Am I?” seulong points himself too.

 

“Yes. You are” Ha Ra rolled eyes.

 

“They will announce the winner’s right?”

 

“I think so” Jinwoon said shrugging his shoulder.

 

“And they going to show all the artworks right?” Ha Ra make her neck longer to show it in front.

 

 

“Yes” Jinwoon said coolly.

 

Today is now the big day, the most awaited day for Jinwoon, after six months of preparation to this yearly event, the painting contest that most of the artist waited yearly.

 

“Oh they posting the paintings” Ha Ra said excitedly.

 

“Come on let’s go there!” Eunjung exclaimed.

 

Different painting were displayed in the plaza, this yearly event was one of the most awaited one, every artist in every side of Korea came for this, to join in this prestigious event.

 

“Oh where’s your painting Jin?” Ha Ra asks.

 

“There!” Jiyeon pointed.

 

It was place across the corner.

 

“Wow. You have a very clear eyes huh?” Eunjung teases.

 

“Let’s go!” Jiyeon said excitedly.

 

They all went to his painting, amazement written in all their faces.

 

“Wow! So beautiful Jin” Ha Ra claps her hand

 

“it really looks real” Eunjung added.

 

Jiyeon smiled upon looking at the painting. It was lively, it seems really real, the colors and shaded compliments best in every angle. It was refreshing and pure, emotions really felt by just looking at it.  It was a scenery, the savage garden to be exact. In the painting, you can see the lake, the flowers surrounding on it, the sun set where there is a woman standing, facing the sun set. It seems she was watching the sun set, while her hair looks like dancing in the breeze of air. In the upper portion of the painting there is a pair of eyes? She thinks, That looks like staring for the woman

 

Jiyeon eyebrow twitch, if her memory serves her right, the last she saw this painting, there is no woman on it, she know it, since she was there for the entire duration of him doing this piece, but now—

 

“When did you—“

 

“I’m glad you already found your inspiration on this” Seulong said, he looks really amazed on his works.

 

Jinwoon just smiled.

 

“Ohh—it’s look like you Jiyeon!” Ha Ra shouted.

 

All their eyes darted on the painting in the other side, Jinwoon eyes narrowed, his slanted eyes becomes more slanted as his eyebrow twitch.

 

He walks towards to the painting, irritation filled him.

 

“Is this you?” Jinwoon can’t hide how irritated he was.

 

“Uhmm—“ Jiyeon felt unease. She cant even look straight on his eyes.

 

“Oh Jin—you’re here!” Hyun Jae greeted. “Oh Miss Jiyeon” he said. “Do you like it?” he asks proudly.

 

“Uhhmm—“ Jiyeon was loss in words.

 

“Thank you so much for agreeing being my main subject. You look very vibrant to this”

 

“you look surreal here Jiyeon” he said, “What can you say Jin? I’m so happy she agreed with this” he beams

 

Jinwoon looks fiercely to her, both hands now on his pocket, as his jaw clench.

 

On the other hand, Jiyeon become so nervous, Eunjung and Seulong exchanger meaningful looks together.

 

“Oh they were going to announce the winner” Ha Ra said excitedly.

 

.

.

.

 

“Hey! Jin I thought we’re going to celebrate?” Ha Ra shouted

 

Jinwoon, on the other hand seems so pissed, he didn’t mind her calling and started walking away fast.

 

“Hey! Yah!” Ha Ra

 

“Jin!” Jiyeon said,

 

But Jinwoon didn’t mind it too.

 

Jiyeon chased after him, holding his wrist from him to stop from walking. “Jinwoon!” she said.

 

Jinwoon looks at her, his eyes were piercing, cold and distant far from him who usually jolly and playful.

 

“What’s the matter?” Jiyeon asks,

 

Jinwoon shook his head chuckling, as if he find her asking like a joke. He was really pissed.

 

“Hey!” Jiyeon grabs his wrist again when Jinwoon attempted to walk again.

 

“Just tell me what’s your problem!” Jiyeon shouted.

 

Eunjung and the others were silently looking at them.

 

“You really don’t know Jiyeon? Really?” he said mockingly, his voice raise.

 

Jiyeon stared at him disbelief.

 

Jinwoon sighed, as if he tried his best to control his anger but it seems on it’s edge now. “Tell me exactly why you agreed to be his subject?” he said closing his eyes,

 

“Is that what makes you upset?Jin it’s only a painting and besides you won so what’s the problem now?” Jiyeon said trying to lessen his anger.

 

Yeah, Jinwoon won, yet even he won the contest, he can’t find any reason to be happy.

 

“Is not about the winning Ji” he said in his coldest tone. “We agreed on this, we talked about this thing right? I told you not to agree but have you done?” he said sadness written on his face.

 

“I’m sorry! I just did it because—“

 

“I trust you” he said looking directly in her eyes. “but you break your promised, and it breaks my heart too” he said.

 

Automatically, Jiyeon tears fell in her eyes. “I’m so sorry Jin”

 

Jinwoon just freed his hand for her hold, walking away from him.

 

“Jinwoon!”

 

“No. just let him alone from now” Eunjung said, holding her wrist for attempting to follow him. “Just let Seulong talk to him okay?” she said reassuring.

 

.

.

.

 

“I hurt him unnie” Jiyeon said, leaning her face on her both hands,

 

They were in Eunjung’s restaurant drinking.

 

“I just don’t undertand why Jinwoon acted like way? As if, it’s only a painting of you right? what’s the big deal?” Ha Ra said.

 

Eunjung looks at her glaring.

 

“Jiyeon, I already told you right, that’s not really a good idea, Jinwoon is a very deep man, he holds emotions on his deepest, you’re the most important to him,”

 

“I know—but why?”Jiyeon was crying hard. “Why he’s mad at me from agreeing on that piece?”

 

“You will know, once Jinwoon was ready to tell you, so now—all you have to do is to say sorry, you know, he cant never resist you. He’s just cooling his head off, once he’s fine he will the first to approached you trust me” eunjung said.

 

.

.

.

 

“Yah! Jinwoon I know your there, please let’s talk. I’m sorry” she said, knocking on his door

 

Jiyeon sighed when she realized Jinwoon  was not going out to his room. When she was about to step back with a heavy heart, Jinwoon opens the door, straight face written on his face as he started walking passed on her.

 

 

“Jin—“

 

“But Jinwoon didn’t mind her, with a heavy sighed Jiyeon hugs him from his back, encaging him with a very warm hug.

 

Jinwoon caught off guard, he stops from walking, eyes widen in shocked.

 

“Mianhe—I’m so sorry, please—don’t be mad at me, my heart is breaking just to know your mad and acting like this” Jiyeon said, tightening her hug to him, burying her face to his broad back. Jinwoon body tensed.

 

“I shouldn’t do that—I know, but I just—I just wanted to have you a very unmemorable birthday that’s why” she added. “I’m so—“

 

“I’m not mad” Jinwoon said, his voice was not that cold like earlier, it was warm and oozing feeling in ears. “I will never be mad, especially to you” he said. “I’m just—“ jealous. He wanted to add. He holds Jiyeon hand’s tightly. He sighed. “ I just cant stand the fact that someone drew you. It’s really—“

 

Jiyeon smiled, she hugs him more. Jinwoon, on the other hand smiled, he lean the back of his head on her head, they stayed that position for so long.

 

.

.

.

 

Days past like a blur.

 

When you are really happy you can’t even realized it.

 

How seconds past and turn to minutes.

 

How minutes become hours

 

How hours become days and days becomes week

 

But who would care counting?

 

“Hahaha” Jinwoon and Jiyeon were laughing hard,

 

Jinwoon was teasing Jiyeon’s clumsiness, they were in the public market, Jiyeon pouted as she narrowed her eyes to him, stomping her feet as she was about to leave him.

 

On the other hand, Jinwoon held her hand, he pulled her with him, they faces were distant near, Jinwoon leans his forehead to her forehead, smiling as widely as he pinch her both cheeks.

 

“Aww..” Jiyeon complaint but Jinwoon hugs her after.

 

Upon their knowing, someone was silently watching them,

 

“Let’s go”

 

“Are you sure Mr. Si Yoon?” the driver, personal assistant of him.

 

“Yeah.” Si Yoon said lamely, hiding the pain in his heart, seeing the girl he loves seems happy with someone else.

 

On the road, Si Yoon got his phone call, it was Jiyeon’s father on the other line.

 

“Yes uncle. I found her I’ll make sure I will bring her with us” his face hardens as he remembered what he saw earlier in the market.

 

.

.

.

 

“He’s been out for his painting” Jiyeon said as they planting vegetables in backyard.

 

Ha Ra nodded, “You seems very happy” she sincerely said, from the past days Jiyeon and Ha Ra relationship got deepened, they were not the usual frenemies, maybe because Ha Ra already accepted her defeat towards her, maybe even Jinwoon didn’t verbally telling it, she knows he likes Jiyeon so much. 

 

On the other hand, Jinwoon was busy painting his new work, for unknown reason, he seems more motivated and inspired, he was in the plaza painting something that caught his attention, Jinwoon was engrossed on what he was doing, he stops half way when he saw a paired of leather shoes on his side, instinct told him, he hurriedly lift his head and saw an unfamiliar man he never seen in his life.

 

“Can we have a minute? I am Yoon Si Yoon” the man introduced himself. His face was straight and cold.

 

Jinwoon stared at him intensely, with hand cleanching into fist, though he didn’t saw this man, by hearing his name was enough.

 

He was Jiyeon’s fiancé.

 

.

.

.

 

Jinwoon and Si Yoon were seating in one of the restaurant near on the coast, face to face; as Si Yoon busy sipping his cup of tea while staring to the entire place.

 

This place where indeed simple, far from the city lights and modern structure.

 

Jinwoon on the other hand was just staring at him, blank expression was written on his face,

 

“I am Jiyeon’s fiancé” Si Yoon said.

 

But Jinwoon’s face remain stoic, as if what he said didn’t affect him, but deep down inside him, his system started to stumble, his mind started to crashed right before him, ideas came and through, but he remain calm.

 

He was not dumb, Jinwoon was sure of something now—though his mind doesn’t want to admit, he was after Jiyeon that’s for sure.

 

“I know you’re living with my fiancé” Si Yoon added. “And I appreciated every effort you’ve done for her” he said, as he got something out of his vest pocket.

 

It was a blank check.

 

“Here. As a token of appreciation.” He give him. “You can put any amount you want”

 

Jinwoon remain unreadable, he stared at him, blankly.

 

Si Yoon eyebrow twitch. “Wae? Not enough? What do you want then? I’m glad to give it all to you” he said confidently.

 

Jinwoon didn’t mind the check, he looks boredly to it.

 

“So you already found Jiyeon, but I’m surprised why you didn’t went first to her before meeting me?” instead he asks,

 

Si Yoon face winced, hearing this man in his front calling her fiancé in her name comfortably makes him damn mad. He sense the closeness, he already saw it. That’s why.

 

“As you know my fiancé” he emphasized. “Was one hell yeah stubborn, that’s why I know my fiancée—“

 

Jinwoon laughed sarcastically, interrupting his words “then let me guess, instead of seeing her you seen me first? Coz your hell so sure she wouldn’t come with you for really sure that’s why, and when she didn’t come with you, you have to tell her I accepted this money instead of her? Am I right?” he said as if he read him clearly. “Do you have any back up plan aside from this?” he mocks. “it will never work that easily that way.” He said putting his both arms in his chest, crossing.

 

Si Yoon smirked “ for someone whose just nobody you talk a lot. Of course. yes I am I have a lot of back up plans in head” he said not wanting to lose over him

 

“Bring it on!” Jinwoon said. “But I wont give her to you, not now or ever.” He said, emphasizing each word. “And Jiyeon wouldn’t come with you either.”

 

“You seems confident that much huh? Who are you to make decision on behalf of her?” Si Yoon said, amazed. “I’m telling you, you don’t know her well—like I do, I’ve been with her almost half of my life, and I know a lot of her!” he said confidently. “when things comes tough, she will leave you for sure.” He added. “Just think of it. “ he said as he stood up on his seat. “Jiyeon would never stand the life you can offer her, I’ll giving you enough time to think before I finally putting plans just for you to bring her back to me.” he finally said leaving Jinwoon alone.

 

.

.

.

 

“Oh! You’re here!” Jiyeon smiled upon seeing Jinwoon, it was already 6pm,

 

“Annyeon Jin!” Ha Ra greeted.

 

But it seems Jinwoon didn’t heard them both, his eyes were darted only to Jiyeon he seems to occupied over something.

 

Without any words to utter, Jinwoon pulled Jiyeon to him, hugging her so tight, so tight that it seems he didn’t want her to let her go. Or he was so afraid that someone might do so.

 

“Hey! Gwenchana?” Jiyeon asks, she buried herself to him.

 

Jinwoon sighed shaking his head. “yep. I just missed you” he whispered.

 

“Ahem!” Ha Ra fake her coughed. “If I am disturbing you both, I’m going home now” she said rolling her eyes towards them cheesiness.

 

“Take care Ha Ra” Jiyeon beams, still hugging Jinwoon.

 

“I prepared your favorite stew” Jiyeon said proudly.

 

“chincha? You didn’t put anything to it right?” Jinwoon tries to make his voice lively.

 

“Yah!” Jiyeon narrowed her eyes to him.

 

“I’m just teasing you” he said, pinching both of her cheeks. “C’mon let’s eat. I’m starving”

 

.

.

.

 

And that day comes so fast, true to his words, Si Yoon’s started his action to get what he wants, of course Jinwoon completely aware of that,

 

“WHAT?” Jiyeon shouted horrified. “how does it happen? When does it happen?” she asks continuously.

 

“We don’t know, but I only heard it in the plaza,” Eunjung sighed.

 

“Jinwoon didn’t told me about that” Jiyeon seems disappointed.

 

“Why he would tell you right?” Ha Ra interrupted.

 

“But why? Why they pulling his award? I don’t see any reason of it” Jiyeon said almost crying

 

“They insisting that, Jinwoon plagiarized his work, it’s in the middle of investigation now” Eunjung said.

 

It’s been two weeks since the conversation between Jinwoon and Si Yoon; from that two weeks, Si Yoon seems seriously taking his actions, he made sure that Jinwoon loses anything, one by one, of course Jiyeon has no idea of it,

 

One by one, Jinwoon loses his part time jobs, it is Si Yoon’s blocking it so, Eunjung and Seulong knew it all, but remain their lips sealed since Jinwoon asked them too. 

 

“And what will happen if—‘

 

“Don’t think too much okay?” Eunjung smiled assuring to her. “Everything will be alright.” I hope so. Eunjung added.

 

.

.

.

 

“You don’t have a work?” Jiyeon asks as she saw Jinwoon preparing their meal together.

 

“I don’t have now” Jinwoon beams.

 

Jiyeon stared at him, wanting to asks him about something but remain silent. She sighed.

 

“You want to catch fish later?” he asks.

 

“really?” her face enlightens.

 

Jinwoon nodded “But please don’t let our caught fish to lost this time” he laughed.

 

“YAH!!!”  she narrowed her eyes.

 

.

.

.

 

 

.

.

.

 

Jiyeon decided to go home, everyday she went visiting Jinwoon’s mom’s grave, for Jiyeon that place gives her peace, she can clearly tell things she wanted to say, she felt Jinwoon’s mom’s presence was there listening to her. Jiyeon sighed, she close her eyes trying to calm her inner soul,

 

As when she was about to resumed from walking, a loud screeching of the car stops from her front.

 

Jiyeon startled, but her eyes widens in surprised when she saw the driver went outside.

 

“Si Yoon” Jiyeon said, suddenly she felt a cold water flash all over her system, she shivers, nervousness starting to arise.

 

Si Yoon didn’t said anything, he gracefully walks towards her.

 

She wanted to run, to hide, yet it seems her own feet betraying her, as it was forcefully glued on its spot.

 

.

.

.

 

Silence.

 

It silently killing Jiyeon, with trembling hand, she hold tight the cup of tea, for unknown reason, Jiyeon didn’t like the taste of the tea, she more been found in drinking coffee.

 

“So since when you didn’t love drinking tea?” Si Yoon asks. He notice her wincing when she taste it. “I guess, likes changes that fast.” He commented, drinking his usual tea.

 

Jiyeon hide her wince, though she’s not sure, she can perfectly figure out that he was telling something between his word.

 

Si Yoon was looking furiously to her, Jiyeon on the other hand looks down, hiding the nervousness she felt this time.

“So how’s life hiding from me?”  there is a hitch of hatred towards his voice, it is evident.

 

“Si Yoon--“ Jiyeon only said.

 

“I was surprised” he said laughing sarcastically.

 

Jiyeon eyebrow twitch.

 

“So that man has balls huh.” Si Yoon commented, brushing his hais with one hand, his famous gestured whenever he was pissed, Jiyeon knew it all.

 

Jiyeon eyebrow twitch more. “What are you saying?”

 

“So didn’t told you? As what am I expecting” he smirked.

 

Jiyeon stared at him, waiting for him to continue.

 

“I talked to him, that guy Jinwoon”

 

Jiyeon faced paled by just him saying his name.

 

Si Yoon smirked, by just seeing his fiancée reaction. “so do you think I wouldn’t knew it huh?” he said bitterly. “That my supposedly wife was living under the same roof with some random guy and playing husband and wife? You think me lowly honey”

 

Jiyeon shivers, never in her life she saw Si Yoon got mad like this, he’s always been that considerate, the most patience man she knew, of course that’s what she knew before meeting Jinwoon.

 

Half of her life, she’s been with Si Yoon, they were childhood friends, best friends to be exact. But everything changes since their parents decided to tie them a knot.

 

In which, at first, Jiyeon didn’t object, like she can’t even say no to her dad, but to follow everything he said.

 

Jiyeon saw hatred in Si Yoon eyes, it is completely evident.

 

“Wae?” Si Yoon asks. “Why you do this to me?”

 

Jiyeon felt the pain in his voice, she hated seeing him like this, she loves Si Yoon but not in a way she felt towards Jinwoon.

 

“Why you have to run like that?” he added.

 

“I’m so sorry.” She looks at his eyes pleading.

 

Si Yoon shook his head, smirking. “You have to come with me, before worst things happens Ji—“ he said.

 

“What do you mean?” Jiyeon voice cracks.

 

.

.

.

 

Jiyeon walks lifeless, tears continuously fell in her eyes as she keeps on walking,

 

“you’re father was coming this way Ji—whether you like it or not and you know him, he might do everything--”

 

Jiyeon stops from walking as she cried.

 

“Do you think your dad will let this passed? You gone mad if you do, Ji—this is just the start, if you continue playing stubborn then see it yourself, the consequences”

 

Jiyeon put her hand to , trying her best to control all her tears and emotion at the same time.

 

“He will surely suffered a—lot”

 

 “Hey! Jiiyeon!” Ha Ra shouted. “we’ve been all looking for you, gwenchana?” she asks the moment she went nearer to her.

 

Jiyeon hurriedly wipes her tears. She tried her best to smiled on her.

 

“Jiyeon—“ Eunjung sighed right after seeing her. “Aiiggoo! I was scared! I thought—“

 

“Yah!! Unnie I’m fine, I’m just walking around—“

 

But before Jiyeon could even finished her words, Jinwoon pulled her in a very tight hug. “where have you been? I was worried” he said in relief.

 

Jiyeon’s heart skips a bit, and then she felt a familiar pain in her chest.

 

“That guy, he does know, but he seems not minding it or pretending not minding it, if you are ready to see him falling apart then go—“

 

“I love him—“ she looks straight to his eyes.

 

Si Yoon smirked. “But loving just ain’t enough.”

 

“I know it’s enough. I wont ever leave him”

 

“Then see it yourself, see him breaking and losing everything he loves and cares just to had you—let see if you’re conscience can make it—from friends, persons he cared, I will make sure he suffered—a lot“

 

“You monster!” Jiyeon shouted.

 

“Then tell it to yourself Ji—you made me a monster” he stated. “and if it’s not enough maybe the island you living with him, I heard he was trying all his might just to buy it, for his late mother perhaps?”

 

Jiyeon seems horrified, with eyes widening, Si Yoon stood on his seat. “Just think of it, I’m giving you a week to come back to me, before your dad come after you, you know him very well right?”

 

“Hey! You okay?” Jinwoon asks, cupping her face with both hands.

 

Jiyeon nodded, masking herself from what she was feeling right now.

 

“I’m fine” she said as she hugs him tight burying herself to him.

 

.

.

.

 

It’s been three days since they talked, Jiyeon tried her best to hide it from them and pretending the same Jiyeon they knew.

 

“I saw a man earlier, he seems interested to buy this island” Ha Ra said sadly.

 

Jiyeon eye’s widened “WHAT?”

 

“but it seems it’s under negotiation, I think—“

 

Jiyeon walks out, she runs towards outside and surprised seeing Jinwoon walking runs towards inside.

 

Both seem surprised as Jinwoon pulled her, to a warm embraced.

 

“Wae?” Jiyeon asks, yet she was aware of it.

 

“Nah” Jinwoon smelling her hair. “I just missed you”

 

Jiyeon sense it, she feel how lonely he was an it terrified her. Big time.

 

Can I be this greedy?

 

Since when I become this selfish

 

I don’t want to see him loasing everything just to give me everything.

 

.

.

.

 

“Just what I thought” Si Yoon said, seeing Jiyeon standing in his room, where his hotel was. “Change of heart I guess?”

 

But Jiyeon remain stoic, her face was unreadable.

 

Si Yoon smirked.

 

“I’m coming with you—“ she said. “You don’t have to do all of that” she added, face remains unreadable. “just give me a week and don’t meddle with us arraso?”

 

“Just so I know you honey” he leans towards Jiyeon

 

Jiyeon completely step her feet back, not wanting to meet his touch. “and it’s a change of mind, not heart it’s totally different” she said hardly.

 

Si Yoon just shrug his shoulder off.

 

.

.

.

 

“So what’s the occasion?” jinwoon asks as he saw a lot of merely recognizable dishes in the table.

 

Jiyeon eyed him, “It’s my birthday today”

 

“Chincha?” Jinwoon eyes widen “why you didn’t—“ he seems distracted, he even walk back and forth.

 

“Calm down will you?” she laughed towards his reaction.

 

“how can I calm down? I don’t know!”

 

“Your funny Jin—relax, in the first place you didn’t asks”

 

“I asks-“ he said hysterically. “Aiiggoo! That Ha Ra!!” he said. “she gave me wrong details?” he said almost shouting.

 

“Hahaha! Don’t get mad at her, I told her not to tell you so, come and sit here” she offered.

 

Jinwoon sighed, he stared at Jiyeon feeling so stupid.

 

Jiyeon smiled, she went nearer to him, and hugs him. “Fine. Maybe you can compromised,”

 

“I like that, so what will I do to compromised?”

 

“How about we go hiking tomorrow, just the two of us?”

 

Jinwoon smiled, “Sure, just the two of us” he beams

 

“But for now, let’s celebrate with our friends” she beams.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!” Eunjung, Seulong and Ha Ra greeted.

 

“Komawo” Jiyeon smiled sweetly as she blew the candle in her cake.

 

Ha Ra, whose the one who holding the cake, looks on Jiyeon intently, there is something about the way she stared at her, she sighed as she saw how happy Jiyeon was.

 

She felt pity towards Jiyeon; despite the fact that at first she hated Jiyeon so much from taking all Jinwoon’s attention away, despite the fact that she hate her guts, she can’t hide the fact that Jiyeon became one of the closest person to her.

 

And knowing the idea that Jiyeon will sooner be gone for them makes her heart break into tiny pieces.

 

“So you leaving him?” it’s more a statement rather a question.

 

Jiyeon didn’t answered, instead she looks down, looking at the flooring.

 

“Right! After what he’s done to you?” Ha Ra’s voice accusing.

 

Ha Ra was fuming mad, right after seeing Jiyeon together with the man who was her fiancée, Ha Ra can’t hide her madness towards Jiyeon

 

“Do you think I want this?” Jiyeon said, “Do you think I want leaving him?”

 

“You have a choice, you can run away with him! Why choosing this!” Ha Ra shouted crying.

 

Right after, Jiyeon told her everything, Ha Ra can’t understand the way of her thinking,

 

“Coz I don’t have any choice, and I choosing Jinwoon no matter what, that’s why I am doing this” Jiyeon tears fall in her eyes like a falls. “I choose him, that’s why I rather break my own heart than to see him suffer because of me, I’d rather kill myself first rather to see him losing everything because of me” she cried, tears fell in her eyes freely.

 

“But you would hurt him for sure” Ha Ra said.

 

“I know—“

 

“And it means you will never see him again—“

 

“I know—“

 

“It means that—“

 

“I’d rather to choose being away from him,.” She paused tears fell freely in her eyes. “Than break him from taking away everything to him, he did nothing but to complete me and who I am to take away everything that completes him?”

 

 

“You’re going out really tomorrow?” Eunjung said,

 

Jinwoon and Jiyeon decided to go hiking tomorrow

 

“tss. You really want to have an alone time with Jiyeon huh” Seulong said.

 

Jinwoon chuckled.

 

“You’re quiet Ha Ra. That’s really new” Eunjung teases.

 

“Tss..” Ha Ra rolled eyes.

 

“Don’t tell me you still—“

 

“Oh shut it! seulong-ssi, you’re not helping. I’ll just go grab some food” Ha Ra stood up.

 

.

.

.

 

“You happy?” Jinwoon said as he hugs Jiyeon from her back.

 

“Uhhmm” Jiyeon nodded,

 

They were in the top of the mountain, looking at the stars in the sky. The perfect view from stargazing.

 

“Look! There is a shooting star” Jiyeon points out “Palli! Let’s wish”

 

Jiyeon close her eyes as she wished. I wished from Jinwoon’s happiness. Please make him happy even I am not on his side.

 

“What did you wished?” Jinwoon asks as Jiyeon opens her eyes.

 

“Hmmm—it’s a pime” Jiyeon stuck her tongue out.

 

“So childish” Jinwoon  said chuckling.

 

“Jin—“

 

“Hmmm—“

 

“I still have 10 questions left right?” she asks.

 

“So we still not over that 100 questions huh. I thought you got tired of asking” he chuckled.

 

“Tsss” she rolled her eyes.

 

“Fine. What’s your question then?” Jinwoon said, smelling her hair.

 

“Who is your first love?” Jiyeon asks.

 

Jinwoon stop, he was caught off guard with her question, upon the 100 questions so far, Jiyeon didn’t asks personal question, all she did asked are about his favorites, hobbies, childhood memories and so forth, and this is the first time she asked something so personal.

 

“Hmm—hey I’m asking you” Jiyeon looks at him, anticipating for his answer.

 

Jinwoon looks at her intently. “some random girl I saw in my dream” he answered.

 

Jiyeon pursed her lips, though she not expecting him to say it was her, but part of her was wishing too.

 

“What’s with that face?”

 

“Ani. You’re not allowed to asks back right?” Jiyeon said, jealousy hitting her for some random girl he was talking too.

 

“Aiiggoo” Jinwoon laughed, hugging her tight.

 

“So what happen where is that some random girl?” Jiyeon tried to hide the bitterness in his voice.

 

Jinwoon shrugs,

 

“Why do I have a feeling that you are lying to me?” Jiyeon eyed him.

 

“No I’m not” Jinwoon laughed,

 

“Chincha?”

 

“Chincha”

 

“Really?”

 

“Really”

 

“Cross your heart?”

 

“Cross my heart”

 

“Why I still not convince?” jiyeon finally said.

 

Jinwoon burst into laughters. “Ji—that’s make your seventh question already huh. “

 

“YAH! That’s unfair!” Jiyeon stomped her feet. She pursed her lips.

 

Jinwoon still laughing, so hard, that his broad shoulder was shaking.

 

“tch” Jiyeon said rolling her eyes.

 

“You mad?” Jinwoon still laughing,

 

“Don’t talk to me, you making fun of me” she said.

 

Jinwoon smiled, Jiyeon was too obvious that she was jealous. If she only knew it.

 

“Fine. Fine. “ Jinwoon said, he hugs Jiyeon again, the cold breeze of air envelops them.

 

“Jin—“

 

“hmm”

 

“what are we?” Jiyeon said seriously, she turn her head and meet his gazed.

 

Jinwoon was shocked, it was evident on his face, as if it is like a bomb echoed in his ears

 

“Who I am to you?” she asks again.

 

“Do you loved me?” Jiyeon finally asks. She looks at Jinwoon intently, waiting for his answer.

 

Jinwoon on the other hand looks at her, shocked as he didn’t see this coming this way. With eyes shocked, he looks at her.

 

“You don’t have to answer it by the way” jiyeon smiled bitterly, she was about to walk away from him when Jinwoon grab her hand

 

And sealed her with a kiss. Giving her an electrifying feeling she never felt in her entire life, butterflies flies in her stomach, as her knee turns into jelly.

 

 

“That was I felt for you Ji—“ Jinwoon said sincerely, as he lean his forehead to her forehead,

 

Jiyeon smiled, leaving her speechless, Jinwoon smiled to her too.

 

They both smiled at this moment, savoring this moment together. Eyes locked to each other, Jiyeon slowly close her eyes as she saw him leaning his face to her once more.

Jinwoon he press his lips to her, cupping both of his hands to her face, slowly and carefully, as if she was some kind of relic—

 

He kiss her was slow at first, savoring her lips carefully, Jiyeon on the other hand, started kissing him back, as their kisses change it rhythm, from slow up to more passionate; Jiyeon opens , that gives Jinwoon an access to slid his tongue inside, devouring each corners inside of .

 

Their tongues started battling for dominance, burning sensation started to awaken, as their lips move in sync,  Jinwoon stops from kissing her as he stared at her intently.

 

Both of them catching their breaths, eyes locked on each other, as they both mirroring each other’s feelings that time, Jinwoon’s heavy breathings keeps fanning in Jiyeon’s face,

 

Jiyeon wrapped her arms around Jinwoon’s neck, and their exchange of kisses becomes hungrier and hungrier, Jinwoon lift Jiyeon’s up; as Jiyeon wrapped her legs to his torso, once again; their kisses becomes eager and eager

 

Jinwoon started walking slowly to their tent without breaking their lips together as it moving in rhythm.

 

Slowly, Jinwoon lay Jiyeon on the comforter, still eyes lock on each other, Jinwoon stared at her, as he position himself to her top,

 

“Ji—“

 

“Shhss..” jiyeon silence him,

 

Jinwoon close his eyes, trying to restrain all what he was feels at this moment.

 

“This is what I felt for you—“ Jiyeon said as she tip her head to kiss his lips.

 

Jinwoon eyes shut open, she met his burning desire over her that she didn’t known he has for so long.

 

For a second passed, Jinwoon answered her kisses with the same intensity. His burning lips, meet Jiyeon’s neck, it gives shiver on her spine, as he was giving her tiny kisses on her neck, Jinwoon started pulling the hem of her shirt, revealing her brassier.

 

His kisses move down on her chest, Jiyeon gasps, but the sensation he was giving her adding the lit of fire on her desire, with a quick tick of the clock, Jinwoon started removing the obstacle in her mound, as Jinwoon showering kisses all over her body, Jiyeon started losing her control.

 

The burning sensation she started to felt makes her lose all her senses, Jiyeon arched her back more when Jinwoon burning lips meet her twin mountains, she gasps, as Jinwoon touch her one , while he the other one.

 

“Ohh” Jiyeon cant help but to moan,

 

As Jinwoon enjoys what he was hearing without any further ado, he started undressing Jiyeon and himself leaving nothing behind.

 

Feeling embarrassed, as she was completely bare in his front Jiyeon tried to cover herself with her hands.

 

“Don’t, you’re beautiful” admiration was evident his face, In one quick move, Jinwoon claim her lips again.

 

“I Love you Jiyeon” he whispered before he made a slow and careful inside her, earning for Jiyeon loud gasps.

 

Slowly, and slowly as the light of the moon and stars above the sky witness them as they body become one.

 

.

.

.

 

“How many kids do you want?” Jinwoon asks as they both cuddling under the comforter. He intertwined their fingers together.

 

“Hmm—two?” Jiyeon said.

 

Jinwoon eyed her. “That’s few, what about ten kids?”

 

“What?” Jiyeon’s eyes widened in shocked “Yah! That’s many!”

 

“Then 8?” he bargain.

 

“No! 4 only”

 

“Then let’s settled with five kids” he firmly said. “No we should at least 6 kids, 3 boys and three girls who will running around our house” he beams.

 

“Are you the one who give birth?”

 

“No but I am the one who will done the work” he winks “it’s tiring yet enjoying right?” he winks.

 

“YAH!”

 

It’s been two days since they hiking, and for the remaining days Jiyeon will spend to Jinwoon she started to feel the emptiness again

 

She only have three remaining nights with him, and each day past, it feels like killing her, shattering her heart into tiny pieces.

 

Those days past, she made sure is worthy. She treasured every second’s passes by with him.

 

“How about starting making now?” he move his brows up and down.

 

“Yah! I’ m still sore” Jiyeon pouted.

 

But Jinwoon smiled devilishly, he swiftly move the comforter up and covered themselves as he position himself in her top.

 

.

.

.

 

“For your girlfriend sir? The saleslady asks Jinwoon politely.

 

Jinwoon smiled scratching he back of his head as he was looking for a ring. “Uhhmm yeah” he said shyly.

 

“Proposing?” the saleslady asks again.

 

“Yeah” jinwoon proudly said.

 

The saleslady smiled widely. “This sir, your girlfriend will surely love this one”

 

“It’s perfect” Jinwoon said.

 

.

.

.

 

“Are you sure about this?” Ha Ra asks Jiyeon worry written on her face.

 

Jiyeon nodded.

 

“Jiyeon—“

 

Jiyeon turns to her,

 

Ha Ra eyes become teary as she saw how Jiyeon reaction was, tears fell automatically in her eyes like a falls.

 

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/cQxHUvcWAIY/maxresdefault.jpg

 

“As if I have a choice right?” jiyeon said trying to laughed but failed. “It felt like dying” she added, crying so hard.

 

Ha Ra went nearer to her, as she hugs her comforting her.

 

 

 

.

.

.

 

The sun shines so bright, Jinwoon smiled, eyes still close as he felt the sun rays fanning in his face. Instinct told him, Jinwoon touches the side of his bed, where Jiyeon was sleeping beside him.

 

Jinwoon eyes automatically open as he felt the empty side of him, still , he hurriedly stood up covering himself with a towel to his lower part,

 

“Ji—“ he called, he reach for the kitchen and saw nothing.

 

“Jin!!!! Open up this door”

 

Jinwoon eyebrow twitch, he hurriedly went to door, not minding how he looks, he saw Ha Ra who looks helpless, her eyes were swollen, she sniffed,

 

“Jin—please! Stop her—“ she begged crying.

 

Jinwoon eyebrow twitch more.

 

“Jiyeon—she’s leaving” she cried hard.

 

Jinwoon worlds crumpled, hearing those words makes him weak.

 

.

.

.

 

 

“You ready?” Si Yoon asks, he stared at Jiyeon who looks lifeless.

 

Jiyeon didn’t response, she just stared at him blankly.

 

Si Yoon gesture her to go inside the car, Jiyeon stops from the moment, she turn her head and looks around, as if she was trying to memorized the whole place.

 

Jiyeon close her eyes, trying to restrain any tears that sooner will fall. She sighed, inhaled deeply as she felt losing air to breathe.

 

“C’mon” Si Yoon said.

 

Jiyeon nodded as she started walking towards the car.

 

But before Jiyeon can finally reach the car’s door, she heard the voice she wanted to hear for the last time.

 

“Jiyeon” Jinwoon was panting, sweats all over him

 

Jiyeon eyes watered, she restrained herself from turning her head. Since she was one hundred and one so sure, that she did that she will runs toward him again.

 

“ Jiyeon” Si Yoon called her.

 

Jiyeon let her tears fell freely, “Let’s go” she said, not looking behind her.

 

“Jiyeon—“ Jinwoon called her.

 

Si Yoon’s men stops him from going near to her.

 

“Let go” he growled, he started punching the other one, but the remaining him holds him tight.

 

Jiyeon didn’t bother to look on him, head looks down meeting her own feet, she silently crying.

 

“Ji—“ Jinwoon voice cracks. He was in verge of crying, no he was already crying, his heart crying in pain. “Talk to me, why are you going with him? I thought—“ Jinwoon continuesly knocking on the window, he didn’t care if he looks like an idiot from knocking and crying in the same time. Tears freely fall in his eyes.

 

“Jinwoon” Seulong said the moment he stops from running, his eyes become teary too—seeing Jinwoon like this breaks his own heart too.

 

On the other hand, Eunjung and Ha Ra were silently crying.

 

“Jiyeon—please” Jinwoon begs.

 

“Let’s go!” Si Yoon said.

 

The car started running, but Jinwoon didn’t stop from knocking to the window. He keep knocking while running chasing the car.

 

“Jiyeon!!” Jinwoon shouted, as he kneeled on the ground. Seulong hurriedly come to him.

 

Jiyeon tears fall nonstop on her eyes, as she silently looking at him in the front mirror, she wanted to go out, and she wanted to hugs him so tight.

 

But things never in their way.

 

Maybe sometimes love is ain’t enough.

 

Si Yoon on the other hand just watch her crying

 

************

 

“You have to stay here first,” Si Yoon said as they found the nearest hotel the moment they step their feet in the Seoul,  “I need to talk to your dad first before anything else Ji--“ he inform.  “He’s a bit furious for what you did—and I swear it will be for best if he will didn’t see you for now” he added.

 

Jiyeon didn’t answer, she seems not to care, all she did was to stared, stared as if she was looking for something but she wasn’t..

But the door opens so loud, Si Yoon got shock seeing Mr. Park standing there, eyes fuming with too much anger.

 

“Uncle--” Si Yoon said, shocked written to his face.

 

Mr. Park steps was bigger, reaching Jiyeon who seems not affected seeing her father, no emotions at all.

 

PAAAKKK

 

A loud, forceful sound of slaps awakens the silence of the room.

 

“UNCLE!” Si Yoon hurriedly went to Jiyeon’s side, holding her.

 

Jiyeon just touch the part where her father slap, she looks at her father, meeting his cold, furious mad eyes.

 

“How could you” the old man said with heavy and hard emphasize in each word.

 

“Please uncle let me handle—“

 

“Si Yoon, don’t—“ Mr. Park said, his madness is overflowing and each second he might lose it. “You’re really such a disgrace with this family!” he firmly said.

 

Jiyeon bitterly laughed,

 

“You did nothing but to ruin me! If I only knew you will acted like this I will never choose you over—“

 

“You will never let mom choose me than her own life is that it dad?” she bitterly said. “Dad—you already did choosing, ever since, it’s not me whom you choose to stay, you didn’t failed me to feel how you regretting not choosing my mom’s life over me.” Tears fell in her eyes. “You didn’t loved me do you?  You didn’t treat me as your daughter in the first place, I’m just you’re mere investment, an investment you needed just to make your company bloom”  she said, though the answer is scaring her as hell.

 

Jiyeon sniffed, her dad face turns mad once more.

 

“You really an ungrateful daughter!”

 

“Yes maybe dad,” she interrupted. “ I’ve never been the daughter you wanted me to be—then I’m sorry for being that one! I’m sorry if mom died because of me, I’m sorry if you lose the only person you love because me, I’m very sorry, “ she said, crying, pain registered in her face. “I’m sorry, but I will never be sorry for what I did today!” her face hardens. “I will never be sorry for everything I did now since that things are my happiest.” She said looking straight to her father’s eyes.

 

“You-“ he was about to slap her again.

 

“Uncle please”

 

Mr. Park sighed. “Just prepare yourselves we will talk about your wedding, and this time I wont let you escape again” he firmly said.

 

.

.

.

 

 

“Jin—“ Ha Ra called him,

 

But Jinwoon didn’t mind her calling instead, he went straight to his room locking himself.

 

 It’s been a week since Jiyeon left him. And throughoutthose days, Jinwoon felt hell.  He shut himself to everyone. He made a very thick wall that even Seulong, his closest thing to him, can’t even make through on it.

 

Ha Ra sighed, from the day Jiyeon left, she made sure she was there for him, as a friend of course, yet she knew better, Jinwoon didn’t need her, is he needs someone it was Jiyeon.

 

“Did he already ate?” Eunjung asks as she saw the untouched food containers in the table.

 

“He barely—no he didn’t eat at all” Ha Ra said.

 

Eunjung sighed. “Seulong went to Seoul, trying his luck to see Jiyeon” she said.

 

Ha Ra nodded weakly. “ they love each other so much, why things are complicated like this?”

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

“Are you okay?” Hyomin asks the moment she entered her room,

 

Jiyeon was there, seating by the sake of doing something, her mind was occupied with thoughts, most especially by him she left in the other edge.

 

“Jiyeon-nie, you have to eat, it’s been days, but you barely eat” Hyomin said again, but it’s look like she was talking to a wind,

 

Jiyeon was totally dumb headed, she stared blankly over nothing, and drowning herself from the pain she did.

 

She might have a choice, maybe running away together with him, but she’s not that selfish, she can’t took away his life for him.

 

Love is selfless

 

Once, she read her mom’s diary, maybe her mom is right,

 

“You have to—“

 

“Jiyeon” her dad authorative voice entered her room. “Why so still not dress? There is an annual party will held, prepare yourself”

 

Jiyeon didn’t moved a bit, her eyes were still blank same as her face remain expressionless.

 

“PARK JIYEON” her dad growled.

 

Jiyeon eyes darted to her dad, emotionless, cold, distant and deep.

 

“don’t make things hard for me, or you want him to suffer? That guy, what’s good for that good for nothing painter?” he mocks. “Get dress.” And he stormed out her room.

 

“Jiyeon—“ Hyomin hurriedly went near to her calming her down.

 

Jiyeon started crying again.

 

.

.

.

 

“So you already went back from the very long vacation” the one business man said to her

 

Jiyeon just smiled.

 

“When is the wedding?”

 

Si Yoon hand automatically wraps her face, protectively.

 

“Soon, uncle very, very soon” he said smiling.

 

Jiyeon awkwardly smiled.

 

.

.

.

 

“You know what my stand about this is!” Mrs. Yoon shouted.

 

“Mom!” Si Yoon interrupted.

 

“and you—your clever and wise young man Si Yoon, I can’t believe that you will still marry that woman who obviously in love with someone else” she said in disbelief. “ I can’t stand the idea that she lived with another man! What if she bear someone else’s child? Don’t tell me you still take it as your own? That’s stupidity son!”

 

Jiyeon touch her flat belly, how she wish that it will happen, bearing Jinwoon’s child will be very great, at least one of their dreams together happened. She  silently listening to Si Yoon’s and his mom conversation while laying in the hospital bed.

 

Right after their dinner with the Yoon’s, Jiyeon lose consciousness,

 

“Mom that wouldn’t happen!” Si Yoon explains.

 

“How sure of that? She didn’t denied the fact of sleeping with someone! Open your eyes Si Yoon, there are a lot of girls!”

 

“But I want her, if she bear –“

 

“who’s the relative of Ms. Park Jiyeon?”

 

“I’m his fiancée” Si Yoon said,

 

Mrs. Yoon rolled her eyes.

 

“The patient seems lack of enough sleep, does she was stress over something? She seems not eating well, plus she is anemic, the reason why she fainted, I advice her some vitamins and rest”

 

“is she pregnant?” Mrs. Yoon bluntly asks.

 

“Oh—are you two expecting any child?” the doctor asks Si Yoon. “She’s not pregnant. But in case you trying I refer you the best OB”

 

“Thank’s doc” Si Yoon said.

 

“Tss.” His mom said upon storming out the hallway.

 

 

“You okay?” Si Yoon asks as he entered.

 

Jiyeon just stared at him “I thought I was pregnant” she said.

 

Si Yoon smirked, shaking his head. “You really do love him that much?” he mocks. “That you wished to got even pregnant to him?” hi face hardens, he held Jiyeon wrist, looking fiercely to her. “How many times you’ve both done that?” his eyes were piercing with madness. “how many times you have with him?!!” he yelled to her face.

 

“It doesn’t concern you!” Jiyeon yelled, she winced in pain.

 

“it does!” pain evident on his face. “Why can’t you just see me?” he asks as it is really difficult to him. “why him?  Not me? I’ve been with you half of your life, and him—he just came into your life just short time and you—“ he paused, “you loved him that much?”

 

Jiyeon looks away not wanting to meet his gazed, ever since childhood, they were best friend its hard for her to see him like this.

 

“Do you think I am doing all of these just because we promised to each other?” Si Yoon asks painfully. “Of course not!” he said. “I always been in love with you Jiyeon but it seems your too blind to see it”

 

.

.

.

 

 

 

Seulong stared at Si Yoon, they were in front of each other.

 

“I didn’t expect seeing you here”  SiYon said.

 

Seulong just give him a cold stare.

 

“You must here for Jiyeon am I right” he said.

 

“So?” Seulong said.

 

SiYoon smirked. 

 

“Just by looking at you I know you have something you say” Seulong said,

 

SiYoon smirked once again. “Jung Jinwoon—“he said behind something.

 

Seulong smirked. “So you knew” it was a statement rather than a question.

 

Si Yoon smirked.

 

“what am I not surprised?” he said. “that you knew Jinwoon’s real identity”

 

“And I don’t have any reason to tell his real identity”

 

Seulong smirked. “ afraid of too much?”

 

Devilishly grins flash in Si Yoon face. “I will make sure it wouldn’t be happen, since from this moment for sure the whole Korea might known that we’re getting married” he said confidently.

 

.

.

.

 

The youngest chaebol Yoon Si Yoon, and the heiress Park Jiyeon tying a knot?

 

“as we heard partner, their supposed marriage almost a year ago, didn’t happened,”

 

“yes I heard that too—“

 

“but it seems the pretty young heiress is now ready to take her vow now with her best friend”

 

“I agree, they were spotted in many events together.”

 

That was the news all over the television, Si Yoon make sure of that, he make sure that the news will spread all over the whole sides and corners of their country.

 

 

Ha Ra clenched her fist, “Tch. That man! He really love attention at all how could him! Unnie” she said not looking at Eunjung. “we have to make sure that Jinwoon would never heard any news about this!” she points the television in her front but face crumpled in shocked as she saw the man standing in their behind

 

“Jinwoon”

 

Eunjung automatically turns her head “Jin—“

 

But Jinwoon face didn’t seen any reaction, all his attention was in the television, right after the interview, Jinwoon turns his back going to his room.

 

“You just stay here and do nothing Jin? Really” Eunjung said, hiding the madness that starting to overflown to her.

 

Jinwoon stops from entering his room, still not turning his head to them.

 

“You might do something!” Eunjung shouted. “ We both knew here that very capable of doing so!”

 

Ha Ra looks at Eunjung trying to comprehend what she was saying.

 

“Jiyeon do all her best just to protect you! And why not doing your part? I guess this is the best time to stop running away, and go home, take her again Jin— stop sulking and doing nothing! Maybe you’re hurting but she is too! You’re both hurting that’s why--“

 

“she leaves me!” Jinwoon eyes were cold and distant, before he finally locked himself again.

 

.

.

.

 

 

Jiyeon was silently stared for nothing, it’s almost dawn, yet she can’t find herself to sleep.

 

Tomorrow is the day of her own death, her own wedding day; they say it’s been the most, happiest day of every woman, but for her is not.

 

On the other hand, Jinwoon couldn’t find any sleeps too, still awake while leaning his body to his bed, making himself comfortable to the other side, while his one hand was holding the supposedly ring he will give to Jiyeon.

 

Jinwoon touches the other side of the bed, the empty side where Jiyeon prefer to sleep. Tears fell in his eyes.


,.

.

.

 

“are you sure of this?” Hyomin asks, her eyes are pleading her to stops what she was doing.

 

Jiyeon weakly smiled, she’s too tired of everything, too tired of telling she was okay but obviously not.

 

“Ji—“

 

“I didn’t even have a time to tell him I love him so much” she said mirroring herself to the mirror in her front. “we never got a chance to exchange I love you’s” she said. “and I regret not telling him unnie” tears fell again in her eyes.

 

Once she thought there is no tears will fall in her eyes, she was wrong, still there are a lt of prepared tears for her.

 

“I love him so much, so much—that it breaks my heart like this”

 

“Jiyeon—“

 

On the other hand, Si Yoon was standing outside, listening to them,

 

.

.

.

 

The wedding started when she step her feet in the aisle, walking slowly with heavy heart, Jiyeon sighed.

 

Every steps she could is like a forever to her

 

Maybe we are not destined to each other—

 

Jiyeon sighed. As she reach the front where Si Yoon was, another heavy sighed she did

 

And maybe I am not destined to be happy too—

 

Si Yoon held her hand, as the ceremony started.

 

“We all gathered here as to witness this kind of event, the union of two people to  become one, and if there is someone who against with this celebration, you may speak yourself or hid it to the rest of your life”

 

Silence envelopes them all.

 

“we may now proceed, You Park Jiyeon—do you take Yoon Si Yoon as your husband, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health and till death do us part?”

 

“I do” Jiyeon answered.

 

Si Yoon smile warmly.

 

“You Yoon Si yoon, do you take Park Jiyeon as your awfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, for richer and for poorer and till death do us part?”

 

Si Yoon looks at Jiyeon, admiration, loved and longings. He smiled weakly to her, Jiyeon eyebrow twitch. Si Yoon sighed as he laughed. “Le’s end this here” he smiled. “I can’t father, I can’t marry my best friend” there is a hitch of painful voice in him, as he hid from smiling.

 

Everyone inside the hall gasps. Jiyeon gasps too.

 

Si Yoon looks at Jiyeon, trying his might to hid how painful it is to him. “I can’t marry you even  how I loved so” he said, as he cupped her face “You know I loved you right?” he said he was in verge in crying. “But I’m not stupid not to feel it, the love you can never give me, Ji—I know I can’t make you love me, but I know you love me at the same time, in different way I use to love you” he continued. Tears finally fell in his eyes. He was shedding tears as he smiled.

 

Jiyeon started crying again.

 

“I thought, one day you can learn it by the way, but I was wrong, you never seen me the way you see him, you never look at me the way you use to look to him,” he smiled bitterly. “All I want is your happiness dino Ji—that’s how best friends right? “ he smiled painfully. “ and if is him who can make you happy then chased after him Ji—I know he was waiting,” Si Yoon. “You’re the most happiest thing happen to me but the worst painful one Park Jiyeon” he added, “But the pain I felt right now is nothing compare on how I wanted you to be happy, so go please—“

 

Tears fell I ntheir eyes freely, as Si Yoon smiled to her and she smiled back to him, with one kiss on he forehead, Si Yoon finally set her free.

 

And without any hesitation, Jiyeon step her feet out, running towards outside.

 

.

.

.

 

“Is Jinwoon is here?” Jiyeon said as gasping in air,

 

Eunjung and Ha Ra were shocked, with both gaping mouth as they saw Jiyeon standing.

 

“Jiyeon?” they both said.

 

“I’ll tell you later but where’s Jin?” she asks “ I have to see him” she said panting.

 

“ Jiyeon—“

 

.

.

.

 

“Jiyeon , he went out, we didn’t knew where he was, right after he knew about your wedding, he moved out without any traced to left behind”

 

Jiyeon tears flows freely in her eyes upon entering his house again.

 

“I’m home” she mumbled sadly. Tears fell in her eyes. She roamed her eyes in the all corners of the entire house, still drowning herself from pain of knowing he was gone.

 

“You’re here”

 

Jiyeon automatically turns her head and found Seulong standing in her behind, with Eunjung who looks sad as she was.

“Unnie—“ she hugs her.

 

.

.

.

 

“here—“Seulong give her a spare key. “maybe it’s time for you to know”

 

Jiyeon eyebrow creased.

 

“That was the key of the vacant room, see yourself” he gestured the same door where Jinwoon prohibited her to go.

 

.

.

.

 

Slowly, Jiyeon opens the door, and turns the light, her eyes widen in shock, hands put in as she didn’t believe from what her eyes witnessing right now.

 

She slowly turns her head to them, wondering.

 

Seulong smiled, “that his little secret Ji” he said.

 

“How?” Jiyeon looks so surprised.

 

The whole room consists of her paintings, nothing but her face have seen, in different angle and different emotions.

 

 



 

 

 

“You are his favorite subject of art Jiyeon—he really  loves to draw,eversince even before he saw you in person”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Seulong smiled, “Are you going to believe me when i told you that Jinwoon saw you first in his dream?”

 

Jiyeon looks shocked more.

 

“Once he said to me, that he dreamt about a girl he’s going to marry someday” Seulong smiled while shaking his head.  “That freak, “ he added. “ and every day after that day, he always made sketches of you like you are someone he occasionally saw but in reality, he just saw you in dreams”

 

Jiyeon mouth drop open.

 

“and then one day, he went here with you—“

 

“and that explains why—“

 

“Yeah, that explains why Ji”

 

“He seems he was in love with you before he met you” Eunjung said.

 

Jiyeon started to cry again. This time it was a mix of emotions.

 

******

 

“So how’s everything?” Si Yoon asks the moment their order came in.

 

“Fine” Jiyeon said beaming.

 

It’s been a year since what happen, and for that year, she still keeps looking for him, though until now he’s where to’s was still unknown.

 

“You still look for him?”

 

“I will lie if I don’t” she smiled bitterly. “maybe he was roaming and travelling around” Jiyeon said smiling.

 

 

“Really?” SiYoon said

 

“Wae?”

 

“Tsss.. I just can’t believe for what is happening”

 

“Tsss.. so let’s drop the topic about me and talks about you—how’s everything with that Park Shi Hye girl”

 

“You bet—“ he proudly said

 

“Me bet what?” she teases. “you really have a thing with Park’s huh?, first me a Park Jiyeon and now you’re hitting with the same surname Park Shin Hye really?”

 

“But this time, that Park is mine”

 

“Oh really?”

 

“Yes really”

 

“okay. Good luck then” Jiyeon said.

 

“You too good luck,” Si Yoon said with a meaning behind his words.

 

Jiyeon smiled.

 

.

.

.

 

“You really came” Hyun Woo smiled uponseing Jiyeon on his paint exhibit.

 

“Of course” Jiyeon smiled.

 

Since then, right after a year, Jiyeon become more fond in paintings, maybe it her way of having stilla connection to him, she oftenly visiting different art and paint exhibit, just wondering if Jinwoon was there. But AL throughout a year, she was failed.

 

Jinwoon was vanished without any trace behind.

 

“How’s everything?”

 

“Fine ofcourse” Hyun Woo said.

 

“That’s good to hear” Jiyeon said, her eyes darted on her portrait hanging on the wall.

 

“That’s my lucky charm Ji—“ he said.

 

“Tss.. so corny” she said.

 

“But anyways, someone is buying that painting”

 

“Then go for it” Jiyeon encourage.

 

“Excuse me sir” his secretarycalled him.

 

“Yes?”

 

“someone is on the phone call telling he wanted tobuy all your works in exchange of selling Miss—“ she looks at Jiyeon. “ if yougoing to sellMiss Jiyeon paitning”

 

“OH” Hyun Woo eyes grew bigger.

 

“Go! talk to that person” she said smiling.

 

“Excuse me then”

 

Jiyeon smiled. Upon walking she saw an old woman approaching her.

 

“Soon it will happen” the old woman told her.

 

Jiyeon eyes widened, though she don’t want to make it a big deal  she shrugs it off.

 

 

.

.

.

 

“Oh you’re here!” Hyominsaid almost in verge of hysterically.

 

“Wae?” Jiyeon asks.

 

“Finally! you came home! We do have a problem” she said  worried.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Jiyeon—uncle arrange another arrange marriage with  you!tomorrow you gonna meet your new fiancée” she said problematic.

 

“So?” Jiyeon said.

 

“Just so?”Hyomin can’t believe it.

 

“it is a good news then right? Since after Si Yoon failed marriage no one got interest of merging to us, is it a good news then right?”Jiyeon said.

 

“it’s fine with you?”

 

“Why not?” Jiyeon said.

 

 

“But what about him?” Hyomin worriedly asks.

 

 

Jiyeon smiled bitterly.  “Maybe we’re really not for each other that’s why.”

 

.

.

.

 

“Are you listening?” Hyomin said almost snapping the table.

 

“Yeah. Go on” Jiyeon said though she was not curious to know who will be her fiancée.

 

“according to my research, he was the only son of the Jungshin Enterprises,”

 

“then?”

 

“Then speculation spreading that just like you—“ she eyed her. “He runs away, and just came back recently”

 

“Then?” Jiyeon said.

 

“ are you not really bothered? What if he’s—“

 

“It’s fine unnie” Jiyeon reassured. “ don’t be so paranoid, maybe he’s a good man”

 

“How sure of you?”

 

“I just—feel it” she shrugs.

 

.

.

.

 

The day of the final meeting with her fiancée came, Jiyeon settled to wear a simple white knee length dress.


while waiting patiently to the man she supposed to meet, her eyes darted outside, keeping herself busy from staring.

 

On the other hand, while Jiyeon was in the restaurant, on their house, Mr. Park was talking to Si Yoon seriously.

 

“I was hoping that this time Jiyeon will be happy” Mr. Park said.

 

“She will definitely for sure “ Si Yoon assured.

 

“All her life,  I let my daughter felt she was worthless, but the real is she was  the most precious thing happen to me” he said. “ I was nothing but a failed father to her”

 

“She didn’t think that way uncle”

 

“I hope so, by this time I can make things right this time”

 

.

.

.

 

Jiyeon seems enjoying herself from staring outside, she didn’t realized that there  is someone already standing in front of her.

 

“Sorry if I am late,  I was side tracked.”  His deep baritone voice makes Jiyeon  turns her face to him.

 

With gaping mouth, heart races so fast, she looks at the man whom she wanted to see each day.

 

In her front was the same man who makes her heart skip the beat, the same man she loves more than anything.

 

“Hi. I am Jung Jinwoon” he smiled to her, giving his boyish grin she never failed to see back then

 

 

Jiyeon automatically stood in her seat, unable to react to everything.

 

“I told you—gonna have you no matter what” he winks.

 

With that, Jiyeon laugh as her tears fall in her eyes.

 

They both stared to each other like endlessly.

 

--end of story--

 

 

 

That’s end it here finally. We’ll i leave it with you guys what’s supposed the ending of this. But anyways I hope you enjoy reading this. My first ever finished one shot. Thanks.