001

It was only Just a Dance

Her gloved hand gracefully slipped a glass off a passing table and put it to her red lips. Her eyes glancing around the crowded ball room. Her mermaid dress decorated in assorted gems all across the top and cut off to a frilled skirt that flew out with one slit sliding up her leg. It's pale blue color making her peach skin glow under the dimmed lights. The champagne gliding down with every sip she took from the glass, filling her stomach with a warm feeling. The woman looked at all the faces passing her by the food table. Familiar faces were greeted when she needed to.

Amy Lee had set down the glass after finishing it on yet another passing servent before turning to face the table of food. Big events were mostly a blurr to her so she had mostly drank throughout the whole night. Moderately to not to get drunk like fool in public, that wasn't her style. Her black hair was curled and pulled to one side of her head to ripple down her shoulder and chest. She also didn't like spending that much time dolling her hair up either, it was a bother.

Amy daintily and as lady like as she could, piled a small amount of food onto her plate. Even if public events weren't her thing, her parents didn't need to feel embarrassed with her big appetite so she took small portions every now and then. Her aim was mostly the meats set out for the guest. Her dark eyes sparkled and lit up at the view of the assorted meats spread out in front of her. Her red lips closed to keep from drooling then. It was all delicious! If only she wasn't in public, she would of taken bites of all of them.

Her parents had always put her on diets considering she easily gained weight. It didn't bother her since she could just as easily lose the weight. A little weight on her was her charm point. She was naturally curvy. Amy sighed heavily as she walked away from the meats with only a sparce plate in her hands. She looked out into the crowd and noticed her parents conversing with her aunt and uncle who hosted the event. She could just not attend the events, since she was an adult already at the age of 24. Her parents always insisted since she was their daughter and she was very well known. Amy sighed again at that, she was damed to being a good daughter for her parents. They also want her to marry a wealthy man. They are being more persistent with that ideal now since she was at perfect marriage age.

Amy quickly ate up the meat and put the plate down on the table her family was asigned to. She strolled close to the middle where people were starting to get partners to start the first dance of the night. She had contemplated whether or not she should scout out a partner to dance with.

"Amy." A voice called out to her and she glanced over her bare shoulder and noticed a tall man with curly blonde hair. She blinked at that considering it was strange for people of her class to have western hair colors. He was obviously Asian.

"Yes? I'm sorry for my being impolite, but who are you?" Amy carefully asked, feeling awful that he knew her but she had no clue as to who he was. The man was tailored in a plaid red and black suit jacket and crisp dress pants, which could be considered skinny jeans. He was dressed a bit childishly in her views.

"Kim Jongin, or what you called me..Kai." The blonde man said, smiling at her. Amy blinked and thought before put a hand to and gasping.

"Oh dear! That Kai from high school? Gosh you really changed. Look at your hair!" She exclaimed, a hand to her chest and her other hand still to , baffled that her childhood friend had changed so drastically over the years they've been apart. Kai laughed at her reaction and smiled.

"Still having that black hair huh? Try something new, Ailee." Kai said, chuckling at her expression to him using her old nickname.

"It's unsightly in my position, Kai." She responded, her arms crossed under her chest. "I don't have as much freedom as you apparently have."
"My parents hate it.. But hey, it's my life. I wanna live it. You should try to live too, since you are at the adult age for 6 years already." Kai retorted smiling at her defiant posture before looking at the others gathering to the middle. "Shall we dance?"

Amy looked at his outstretched hand and furrowed her brows. He knew she wasn't the best at ball room dancing, and he always loved to show off his dancing skills in front of her. "Might as well dance with a familiar face." She smiled gently and slid her gloved hand into his, hiding a blush as he wrapped his fingers around her dainty hand. Ever since they were young, she had followed him around and by luck he didn't find her annoying and befriended her. She was basically his little sister during their childhood, and that's how he always viewed her. Amy was even considered his friend's little sister with the fact she hung around Kai so much. She was also short as well so she had thought they never thought much of her. Amy pouted internally at those memories. She was nothing more than a sister to the guy she's liked for 15 years of her life.

Kai led her to the middle of the room and some eyes looked over at them since his hair stood out so much, and the niece of the hostess and host. She was never used to a lot of attention, she was modest about a lot of things, excluding eating. Kai slid an around around her curvy waist and rested it on her exposed back. Amy shuddered faintly at the touch and slid an arm around his shoulder in the casual dance position. Kai smiled at her.

"Wow Ailee, I didn't know you knew how to do anything that has to do with ball room dancing, right down to the position." He laughed as her face reddened in mock anger at his little joke.

"Excuse me Mr. Dancing Machine. I know the basics.. It's required." She had retorted, falling into step with him as he started to slow dance to the music around them. Kai chuckled and smiled that smile she had fallen for years ago.
"Still the funny Ailee I knew." Kai turned her to surprise her and she squeaked and he laughed. Amy couldn't help but to laugh as well, enjoying their playing while the adults looked at them with judgeful eyes. The two childhood friends were oblivious to the stares as he twirled her and she stumbled, but in the end, still laughing. Amy's parents glanced at them from the sidelines. Her mother was a bit upset at the fact she was dancing embarrassingly and with a man who was dressed so informally for this event, but at the same time a bit happy her daughter was finally enjoying herself in her adult years for once. As for Amy's father, he was frowning. He had just started a conversation earlier with Jongin's father about how the night will end and he expected his daughter to be more reserved.

Amy was in the middle of a dip when she gasped at noticing a man approaching them. She pulled her self up before he could and turned to approach the man. The man who has been courting her for months now. A son of a Chinese Business man branching out his business into Korea. Lu Han. In truth, she had started gathering feelings for the Chinese man ever since they met when she finally took focus on her life after Kai left for Japan. Lu Han had fumbled with his Korean for a moment in controlled anger as he approached her.

"I thought I talked to you about only dancing with me tonight.. Not some other man, Amy dear." He said, straighting out his ebony suit. Amy frowned and bowed her head.

"I'm formally very sorry for my display tonight in front of you." She said in Mandarin for him and looked at him. With their time together, she had learned Mandarin at a fast pace due to Lu Han's help. Kai looked at the two confused and with furrowed brows. Why was his Amy acting that way. He watched as Lu Han slipped a hand around hers slightly roughly to which she made a noise. Angry or not he may be, he doesn't lay a hand on Kai's property. Kai stepped forward.
 

"I'm sorry to be disrespectful to one that must be you, Lu Han.. but please don't touch Ailee." He said protectively. Amy looked over at him and blinked her eyes. Big brother instincts acting in again? Lu Han looked over at him and tutted in Kai's direction.

"I had plans for this night and I really don't want some yankee copy cat ruining this for myself." Lu Han retorted. Amy fumed silently at the insult towards her friend but let it slide considering she was a female and shouldn't speak up in a man's fued.
"I'm sorry, Kai- Jongin.. I forgot about my plans with Lu Han. I'll possibly talk to your well being later, if that is okay? I do have to spare your parents a good word after so long." She said in utmost politeness. Amy led Lu Han away from the situation before anyone really noticed the whole ordeal that had happened. Kai looked hurt as she walked away from him. What was her relationship with Lu Han?

Lu Han slipped his hand away and fell to his knees in front of her, hugging her waist as they were hidden away on one of rooms in the Hotel part of the building. Amy's only response was to gently the upset male at her waist. She felt torn, the fact she left Kai out there, the man she truely loved, and the man she also loved. Her chest constricted but she just kept to the male.

"I'm sorry.. What I did was rash of me. I just felt jealous that that man had laid his hands upon my girl." Lu Han mumbled against the smooth fabric of her dress. Amy held in a sigh to keep from sounding rude. It was true they were in a romantic relationship, and it wasn't announced to anyone considering his father never approved of a Korean woman, status or not.

"I'm sorry love.. It was my mistake for not seeking you out. Jongin is a childhood friend of mine that I haven't seen for 3 years, so I thought upon sharing a dance with him to make up for our lost time." Amy responded, hiding the fact she was also mostly using that dance to be in her first love's arms again.

"No no.. It was all my fault. Short temper is getting the best of me once again." Lu Han nuzzled his face against her stomach and hugged her waist tighter. Amy felt devastated. Her feelings for Kai are appearing again, and they were more apparent than the feelings she had for Lu Han which only started half a year ago after they met. She felt like crying with the confusion she felt. She just upped and left Kai back there with no good reason.

There was a knock that apparently only she heard and she glanced up at the door. "Lu Han.. The door."

"Call me by my nickname, Amy dear.." He said pitifully. Amy frowned as he ignored her.
"Someone is at the door." She said, ignoring him like he did to her.

"Amy please.."
"Lu Han. Answer the damn door." Her anger boiled up as she pushed against him and stood away from him. "Coming." She called out to the person behind the door. As she stepped towards it a force pulled her back and she cried out in shock as her body was thrown back.
"Amy.. I'm upset..Please don't do this to me.. Forget who ever it is." Lu Han said, looking down at her with sorrowful eyes. Amy's frown deepened as she stared at him.
"Lu Han, stop acting like a complete child and man up. This is unbecoming behaviour from yourself." Amy sat up and walked past him and opened the door. "Yes-?" She was cut off by a hug.
Kai had followed them since he was worried about his childhood friend. "I'm hurt you called be Jongin." He whispered into her ear. Amy's confusion that night left with that simple hug and the confusion was replaced with a bubblying feeling in her chest.
"Hey-! Let go of my Amy dear." Amy barely heard Lu Han say behind her, her mind was blocked with all the memories of herself and Kai.
"Get lost you Chinese mad man, I had her first." Kai said and smirked up at him as he pulled her closer to his body and she accepted it with no hesitation as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "See? She loves me first. I came back to claim what was mine which I should of done before I left."
Amy listened silently and she glanced at Lu Han, guilt wringing her neck as she watched the pain flash across his eyes. She felt like she was choking when his gaze landed on her eyes. She felt quilty but she isn't regretting her actions.

"I'm sorry... Lu Han." Amy barely spoke out. His anger got the best of him and he stormed past them and out of the room. Amy hid her face against Kai's chest and whimpered. "I'm a horrible person."
"You are anything but.. You are only being true to your feelings." Kai said soothingly to the distraught woman in his arms. She glanced up at him and smiled faintly.

"I missed you, you stupid monkey. Leaving me for Japan and for starters.. Not contacting! Are you crazy?!" She exploded on him and hugged him closer. Kai laughed at her and burrowed his face into her hair and breathed in.
"I'm stupid I know.. But I'm here.. I should of came sooner. Look at this mess you caused! Goodness girl, you should of noticed that you can easily get guys but not actually do it!" He .
"3 years Kai.. 3 damn long years. A woman has just so much patience." Amy whispered and Kai smiled and embraced her.

"But I'm here now and that's all that matters.. Let's start by being more than friends like it should be, my Ailee."

For the first time.. they shared a kiss. A long, and passionate kiss that has been long deserved for both.

She could of never been so happy to be with her bestfriend again, and now.. lover.

 

Fin

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Can I just say- I feel like I did a crappy rushed ending.. I just kind of went with the flow of the song I was listening to.. ;u; I hope you enjoy this story exotics_alieean ~

 

The song that enspired the ending/towards the ending was I'll be okay - Ailee. ^^ Happy readings. And The description seems like the real ending- but I forgot about it and spiced it up with drama with our little Deer. I feel bad but hey.. This is KaiXAilee.. Not Lulee(aha...no?). I hope you enjoy this one shot though ;u;

~Chris
P.S - There is a EXO referrence in here.. Try finding it.. Aha. Hint; It's towards the beginning.