One Week Affair

One Week Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

“Eomma where is it?!” Sumin yelled from upstairs.

“Honey, it’s in the small attic!” Minah, her mother, yelled back.

“Ugh. Why do eomma wants me to wear her old-fashioned wedding dress if we could just order another one? I don’t wanna wear an old-fashioned dress, I wanna wear trendy wedding dresses like my friends.” Sumin mumbled and pouted.

She continued on searching for the dress at the small, dusty and abandoned attic. She has never been there since she was a kid.

After a few minutes, she found a dusty box, which she assumes that the dress was in there.

The box was on top of an old closet. She was too short to reach it, so, she pulled over an old wooden chair and stepped on it. She was about to get the dress when a small booklet caught her attention. It was covered with thick dust, yet, in curiosity, she grabbed the small booklet and left first the box which contains the wedding dress.

She dusted the wooden chair she stepped on and sat. She placed the small dusty booklet on her lap. She wiped off the thick layer of dust, revealing the writings on the cover. “My Diary”. She whispered under her breath as she read the writings. It was in perfect cursive writing and gold ink was used. At the bottom part of the booklet, or should we say ‘diary’, has a name on it. “Choi Minah.” She mumbled her mother’s name which was written at the bottom part. Yes, this was her mother’s diary.

“Honey, have you found it yet?!” She heard a voice coming from downstairs. It was her mom.

“Uhh—not yet eomma!” She lied.

“Find it fast, that room is too dusty and hot! It’s not good for the baby!” Her mother yelled once again.

That’s right. Sumin is pregnant with her fiancée. They are getting married in 2 weeks.

Sumin opened and took a look at the first page. This is her mom’s hand writing indeed.

This diary is just for me to let out my secrets. I can’t take it anymore. The weight in my chest is slowly killing me. Maybe, just maybe, if I could just open up my greatest secret here, even through writing, these weight will somehow, take off in my body.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Sumin became curious. “Greatest secret? Eomma never told me about this.” She mumbled, and so on, she continued to the next page.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

May 8, 1989 (Sunday)

This day was my departure. I’ll be going to Korea and have a week of vacation. Maybe I needed to have an alone time by that time. Well, I just got married, forcefully. And I still don’t know how to be a wife to someone I barely knew. Good thing my ‘husband’ let me stay in Korea for a while. Korea is a relaxing place for me since this place was my home town.

Flashback

“Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you at the airport?” My husband asked.

I lightly shook my head and flashed a small smile. “No need. I can manage.” I replied.

He helped me carry my luggage and placed it at the back part of the taxi.

“Just call me when you get there, okay?” He flashed a faint smile. I simply nodded and faced back, about to enter the taxi. But then, he held my wrist, making me face him. “I’ll miss you.” He whispered to my ear before sniffing my scent. He was about to kiss me but I pushed myself away from him. “Uh—Sorry b-but, I have to go.” I said coldly and quickly ducked into the car.

“Calling for passengers to Korea, please proceed now.” I heard the voice from the speaker. I clutched on my bag before standing up and head over my plane. This is it. Korea, I’m coming.

End of Flashback

May 9, 1989 (Monday)

I’ve arrived in Korea. After 8 long years, finally, I’m back. Everything happened to be well. Not until when I checked in the hotel… And this is the day I met him.

Flashback

I checked in the hotel. With a small cup of coffee on my hand, I walked to the elevator. I pressed number four, since my room is at the fourth floor. My handbag was hanging at my forearm. Suddenly, I felt a vibration, which I knew that it came from my phone. I took it and read the text message of my husband. I went out the elevator but my eyes were still on focus on my phone.

BANG

I bumped into someone.

“YAH!” I whined as the hot coffee irritated my flesh.

“Mianhae.” An angelic voice was heard.

My eyes went on the source of the voice. I dropped the small cup that once contained coffee. He’s an angel. White skin, hazel eyes, shiny black hair, pink lips. He’s perfect. But it doesn’t change the fact that he spilled coffee on me.

I found his eyes starring a little south. I trailed where he was looking. Oh . My shirt was sticking my bra and can be seen fully. I pulled my jacket and covered up my white err—I mean, spilled with coffee shirt.

“ERT!” I yelled and walked, passing by him.

“My name is not ert! It’s Suho! Kim Junmyeon!” He yelled back to her.

So his name is Suho? Aish… Forget about it Minah. You already have a husband. And it’s bad to cheat, especially to a guy who had been very nice to you since then.

Once I’ve reached Room 143, which was meant to be my room, I immediately plopped myself in bed. Today was a tiring day, I shall start my tour tomorrow.

End of Flashback

[A/N: Sumin doesn’t know about the flashbacks, I just placed on flashbacks for you, readers, to know. Meaning to say, she still doesn’t know who the guy is. All she knows is what is written in the diary, not the whole details of what happened.]

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

“Huh? Him? Isn’t this appa? But no… Eomma was at vacation at that time and… appa stayed here in Canada. How? Huh? Ugh. I’ll just proceed to the next page.” Sumin mumbled to herself, feeling kinda confused.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

May 10, 1989 (Tuesday)

This day was my trip in Korea. Since I haven’t been here for 8 long years, I can’t remember places here. So, I consulted for a tour guide. But sadly, the tour guides were unavailable at that moment. But before I could go home, I saw the man who spilled coffee on me. He was smiling like an angel, somewhat mesmerized me. He offered to be my tour guide, and I gladly accepted his offer since it’s for free.

Flashback

“Uhmm.. Miss, are there any tour guides available? I want to look around Korea but I can’t remember places since I haven’t been here for years.” I asked.

“I’m so sorry ma’am. Our tour guides were all occupied since there were many tourists this week.” The lady apologized after checking on their log book.

“Oh, that’s alright *sigh*. Thank you anyways.” I flashed a weak smile.

“I can be your guide.” I heard a familiar voice from behind.

I turned around and saw the man who spilled coffee on me. He looks like an angel though he was just wearing a white simple V neck shirt and a pair of sweat pants. I can’t fall on his trap, so I acted stubborn.

“No thank you.” I refused in a polite manner.

“Oh come on. You said you wanted to look around? I’ll tour you.” He flashed an angelic smile, which made me screaming inside.

“How much?” I act cold.

“It’s for free.” He grinned.

My eyes widen in shock. Really? For free?

“Doesn’t that waste time for you? I mean like… That’s time consuming, and I want to spend the whole day roaming around… So if y—”

“No. I insist. And besides, I have nothing to do this day. It would be my pleasure to tour a pretty girl here in Korea.” He winked.

I flushed red. Pretty? Oh please… I never heard that word, not even from my husband.

“O-Okay then.” I managed to utter. Uh... Why did I utter anyway?

“Shall we go now?” He offered his arms.

“Sure.” I replied and awkwardly slung my arms around his.

And by that day, we went to many places, played at many arcades and ate at many restaurants. People would think that were a couple but no. Day passed by so fast, and as of now, we are laying at a picnic blanket, starring at stars.

“So tell me about your life…” Suho started.

Well, in just less than a day, he became close to me… and might just consider as a friend.

“First things first. I wanna tell you about this but err—I just feel uncomfortable talking about it.” I sat down the mat and cuddled my curled up legs.

“Tell it to me, pleeeaaasee.” He begged and pouted. He sat with me as well.

I chuckled. He looks cute.

“Err—I’m married.” I sighed as I scratched the back of my head. I was waiting for his reaction. If he’s gonna be disappointed, mad or anything… But you know what he did? He flashed his angelic smile, making me mesmerize, again.

“You don’t love him, don’t you?” He asked, but the smile never faded away.

“How did you know?” I sighed.

He placed my head on his shoulders.

“Because I can see it in your eyes.” He simply replied.

By that time, for once, I felt being cared about, and having a true friend, whom I just met for less than a day.

End of Flashback

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

“So destiny is making a way, ey?” Sumin giggled and acted like a fan girl. She turned for the next page, excited for what happened next.

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

 

May 11, 1989 (Wednesday)

With one day. Just one day. This guy made me felt worth of taking care of. To consider him as a guy who just spilled coffee on me the last day, now, it’s different. He’s now like my angel. I consider this day as one of my very unforgettable day… because this is the day when he confessed to me, that fast.

Flashback

“Minah!” I heard a voice coming from afar. I turned my body in 360 degrees and saw the guy, it was him, Suho.

“Hi.” I greeted him shyly.

“So what are you up to today?”  He asked.

“Nothing much.” I replied.

“C-can w-we g-g-go out t-then?” He stuttered.

He really looked cute.

“Sure.” I said and gave him a light nod.

“Where do you want to go?” He asked.

“You’re the one who asked me. And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter