Promise (Yaksok)

Promise (Yaksok)

"Promise?"

"Yea."

6 years later-

Still the same. Daehyun, Youngjae and you were still friends. Still playing together and attended the same high school. One day after school, you all were taking the time to go to a lake where you used to play when you were kids. Youngjae laid down on the grass.

"Ah, It’s relief. Long time not being here huh? "He said.

"Yes," you replied as came to lie down beside him.

Daehyun just smiled and started to pull out his sketchbook. Gazing over the lake and began drawing as usual.

"I don’t know what will happened after we graduated from high school. Are we going to continue with this or not, "talked Youngjae then.

Daehyun hit Youngjae’s arm lightly. "What are you talking about? Of course we will always be together. We will go to the same university, right? "

You just bent your head down, tried to say something. "Um ... I guess I should say this to you guys. I'm literally got a scholarship to England. So ... " Suddenly Youngjae got up and Daehyun stopped drawing. "What?," they asked, shocked at the same time. "Sorry ..."

Maybe because it was sudden, your relationship with Youngjae and Daehyun became little tenuous. You knew it was hard for them. For you, too. You grew up together and will soon be parted. You thought that you were selfish and didn’t think about their feelings, but on the other side, the same opportunity wouldn’t come twice. Graduation day was coming. You three were very happy, even though you knew you would be separated soon. But, it was great relief when finally Youngjae and Daehyun supported you to achieve your dreams in the UK. When the graduation ceremony has ended, Youngjae talked to you privately without Daehyun at down stairs of hall. His face was serious, his eyes was staring your eyes.

"I don’t know how to get started? But ... I guess I have to say this before you go. Um ... you should know that I've liked you since 7 years ago. Until now the feeling has not changed one bit. "

You surprised by his words. "Yo .. youngjae?"

"Um ... I want to know how do you feel to me, y/n?"

You confused to answer. Was silent and didn’t dare to look towards his face. It was also Daehyun suddenly came.

"You guys here apparently? I'm looking for you. Our classmates will celebrate the graduation at the cafe tonight. You guys want to come? "Said Daehyun.

You pointed your eyes to Daehyun. "What?," he asked

"Daehyun, can I ask you something?" Daehyun nodded.

"Mm .. Daehyun ... do you like me?"

Daehyun eyes immediately widened, and then pointed to Youngjae.

"Wha...what?" He laughed uncomfortably. "We're friends right? How could I do. So what? " Daehyun asked to you.

You sighed. "Youngjae says he likes me."

Daehyun pointed his eyes to Youngjae. "Really? Erm ... woow ... okay ... so, how? "

"Mm.. I accept him."

A wide smile came from Youngjae lips. Daehyun was also smiling. "Well... congratulations?" He said.

5 years later-

You got back to Seoul after attending school in UK for so long. Right timing, in Seoul, there was an exhibition of paintings. You decided to see it. When you looked at so many paintings, suddenly you remembered Daehyun, your best friend. Then, you just came for the greatest paintings there. You looked at it amazingly.

"Woaah ... cool. If Daehyun was here, he would be happy to see this.”

Suddenly there was the sound came from your side. "I'm sorry. Who? Daehyun? "

You turned and looked toward that man. What a surprise for you when you realized that the people who was currently in front of you was the real Jung Daehyun.

"Daehyun? OMG! "You hugged him reflexes. "Where have you been?"

Daehyun smiled. "I always here. Been a long time huh? "

Eventually you and Daehyun had a chat in the cafe. Because the night was so late , so you two decided to go home together by took the bus. Bus finally stopped at a bus stop near Daehyun’s home.

"I'll call you later, okay?" He said before he got off the bus.

You nodded and the bus started moving. But you saw there was something besides your seat. A sketch book. Definitely it was belong to Daehyun. You rushed to stop the bus and then got off the bus to catch Daehyun. Fortunately, he was still not too far away.

"Dae ... Daehyunah ...! Wait! "You shouted as you ran towards him.

Since that time you ran with wearing high heels, you tripped and fell till the sketch book thrown. The pages opened. You try to get up as Daehyun came to you and help you to stand.

"Gwaenchanayo?" He asked anxiously.

You shook your head. "Gwaenchana. I'm fine. Just a little sprain. My shoe heel just broken. "

"What happened? Why did you chase me? "He asked.

You tried to take a sketch book that was lying on the ground, however you felt surprised when you saw a picture of your face in there. You moved to another page. But all the book pages just contained your pictures. You pointed your eyes to Daehyun.

"What is this? Why are there all pictures of my face? "

"It's not you." Daehyun answered.

"Liar!" You shouted at him. Tears out of your eyes.

"What if that picture is definitely you? What would you do? So what if I liked you from the first? But, you already have Youngjae. "

You were getting shocked. "What? You like me? But you say that you don’t like me? "

Daehyun sighed. "You know, when we were 11 years old, and I promised each other to Youngjae that we would never like you. But ... never thought before if he broken that promise and going out with you. "

After heard it, you hugged Daehyun, hit his arm and cried.

"Pabo! Why don’t you tell me the truth earlier? I like you too, pabo! You know, my heart hurts when you said that you didn’t like me. Daehyun pabo! I've been looking for you. I miss you. "

"Um ... y / n, then what bout Youngjae?"

"I've been broke up with him long time ago. The latest news that I knew he was married. "

Daehyun smiled, and touched your face with his hand.

"From the beginning this is what I want to say. I love you. The words that been in my heart for 12 years. "

"Me too. I love you, Daehyun. "

He pulled your chin and kissed you passionately.

– THE END- 130409 ^^