one

Chocolate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
01

"You're seriously going to pay ₩ 40,000 for a box of chocolates?!"

Minji stuck out her bottom lip in a pout as her eyebrows furrowed together. "Hey, it's not just a box of chocolates. It's a box of Belgian chocolates!" she defended, holding the thick box tightly to her chest. "Do you know how much of a difference that is?"

Her best friend, Jee Sun, scoffed at her defensive behavior. "Not really. What's so great about Belgian chocolate anyways?"

Minji gaped at her, not believing her ears. What was so great about Belgian chocolate?! Minji was convinced that her friend had gone crazy. "Jee Sun, let me ask you a serious question. Have you ever... tried Belgian chocolate?"

The words came out gingerly. Jee Sun gave her friend a strange look as if she had gone mad. "Umm, no?"

Minji nodded her head in sympathy, fully understanding the situation. "You poor, poor girl. No wonder you asked me that question." Minji placed her arms around her friend in a reassuring hug. "It's going to be okay, I promise. One day you will get to try the perfection that is Belgian chocolate. But for now, you must suffer."

Jee Sun pushed her friend off of her as she shot her a judgemental look. "God, you're crazy! What have those boys done to you..." she murmured the last part under her breath, but, to her dismay, Minji heard her clearly.

"Oh god, don't even get me started!" she sighed in content. "They're so funny and talented and y and ugh- I still can't believe I'm going to meet them in just a few weeks!"

Jee Sun let out a moan of disdain. "Let's just hope you don't make a fool out of yourself like last time. Remember what happened with Super Ju-"

She was unable to finish her sentence as she was suddenly interrupted when Minji's hand covered frantically. "I thought we agreed to never mention that..."

The threatening look on her face made Jee Sun nod her head up and down vigorously. Minji unclasped her hand from and smiled, patting her friend's head.

"Good girl, now let's go pay for this. I'm sure Got7 will appreciate this greatly!" Minji lilted, clearly satisfied with her chosen gift.

Jee Sun heaved another sigh as she watched her friend skip down the aisle of the store. 'I don't have a good feeling about this...'

***

...

Minji could feel her heart beat faster and faster as the line gradually approached the seven boys just four people away from her. She gripped the box of chocolates tightly along with her 'Got It?' album as she let out a deep, shaky breath.

'You can do this! All you need to do is tell them how much you love them and give them the chocolates just as you rehearsed. It's not that bad, right? Right! Hwaiting!' Minji thought to herself. Her stomach did flips as she peered over at the table where they sat, signing the fan's CDs and cutely giving high fives. The order went from Jinyoung, Jackson, Jaebum, Youngjae, Mark, Yugyeom, then finally to Bambam at the end. She silently prayed that she wasn't the only one this nervous as she listened to the squeals of the fans surrounding her, clearly displaying their excitement. Don't get her wrong, she was just as excited as they were. But she was slightly more agitated than excited; she envied the fan's extroversion. Unlike them, she had to practice what she was going to say to each and every one of the members, causing her to shake as she was right now.

Caught up in her own thoughts, Minji failed to realize sooner that she was the next one in line to get her CD signed... which meant that she was next to meet the boys. Realization hit her hard as she mentally shrieked. Her heart pounded in her chest even faster— if that was even possible— as she looked around in desperation as if in search for an escape. 'Get yourself together, Minji! You're up next and you don't want to cause a scene! Just take a deep breath and-'

 Her thoughts were abruptly interrupted.

"Next!"

'Oh no! I'm not even ready.' She looked forward and made eye contact with Jr. who shot her a warm smile. She attempted to smile back, curving the corners of upwards in an awkward manner. She took several unsteady steps towards him before stopping right when she was directly in front of him.

"Hey there! What's your name?" he asked, gently taking the CD from her hands before signing it on the table.

She instantly forgot everything she prepared to say to him. "I..." she stammered, averting her eyes from his. "My name is Minji..." she replied once she somewhat came back to her senses.

Once he signed it, Jr. handed her the CD. "Well Minji, thanks for supporting us!"

She glanced down at the box of chocolates, how could she almost forget? She managed to croak out, "I got you guys some Belgian chocolate. Please share it amongst yourselves!" she bowed but she was still trembling a bit.

Hands clammy and shaking, she slowly handed Jr. the heavy box of chocolates. But fate was not on her side. Due to the sweat in her hands, the box suddenly slipped and fell to the ground, resulting in a loud thud. And not only that, the lid of the box broke open, spilling most of its contents.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and quickly gawked at the incident. Some gaped at her, some laughed at her, while some even covered their eyes in pity for her. But Minji merely stared in disbelief at the mess made on the ground.

"Are you okay? I can help—" Jr. started, ready to get up from his chair but stopped when Minji quickly bent down to the chocolates.

"No! It's perfectly fine!" she cackled. "Five second rule, right?!" Minji picked up one of the chocolates from the ground and shoved it into , earning groans of disgust from many people. "It still tastes amazing! I mean, it is Belgian chocolate." she murmured as she shoved the spilled chocolates back into the box.

Jr. stared at the girl as he scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. "No offense but that's not very sanitary..." 

Booms of laughter erupted around her, one even coming from Jackson! Some fans even took some pictures of this humiliating scene.

Minji buried her face in her knees as everyone pointed and laughed at her. She wanted to hide from everything and everyone for tears already began to form in her eyes. She couldn't believe this was actually happening!

...

Minji's eyes shot open as beads of sweat trickled down her temple. Her chest shot up and down raggedly due to her shortness of breath, but once she realized that it was just a nightmare, a sigh of relief escaped her lips faintly. She placed the back of her hand onto her damp forehead as she stared up at the ceiling of her room.

'It was just a dream...'

***

Three weeks later, Minji found herself alone in her room on a Friday night, head down and face planted onto the cold surface of her desk. She hated to admit it, but she was panicking over tomorrow. A lot. Tomorrow was the day she was going to Got7's fan signing event in Gangnam.

To be frankly honest, she was having second thoughts about actually going. She was terrified that her dream a few weeks ago would actually take place. She couldn't help herself; the dream was so vivid that it left her in shambles. It also didn't help with the fact that it was completely something she would do, which was actually really really ridiculous. To eat chocolates straight from the ground... how embarrassing! She couldn't even think about that gut-wrenching dream of hers without cringing.

Wallowing in her own misery, Minji jumped in shock when her cell phone vibrated loudly against her desk. She breathed out deeply as she picked up her phone and checked the caller ID: Jee Sun.

"What?" she demanded after she pressed answer.

Minji could already sense the scowl on her friend's face based on the tone of her voice. "Tch, always so grumpy. I was just calling to see if you were ready for tomorrow, jeez."

She pursed her lips and ran her hand through her sleek, auburn hair. "Not really. But there's no going back now, right?"

"Come on! You've been waiting for this for a long time! Aren't you excited? You even bought those expensive Belgian chocolates for them."

"Of course I'm excited," she mumbled, "I'm just really nervous at the same time, too. What if... ugh I can't even bring myself say it!"

Jee Sun laughed emphatically through the phone. "What if what? You puke in front of Siwon like last time?"

"SHUT UP!" she blurted. "I just had a bad breakfast that day."

"Sure, sure. Anyways, what are you planning to wear tomorrow?"

Minji blinked a few times, not even thinking once about what she was going to wear. "I don't know, sweatpants? We're going to be waiting in the line for a long time so might as well dress comfortable."

Her best friend bursted out in laughter once again, causing a frown to form on Minji's face. "You're joking, right? You're completely smitten over these seven boys and you're going to wear sweats? Don't you want to leave an impression on them?!"

Minji scratched the back of her neck nervously. "Uhh, I don't know..."

Jee Sun grunted. "Why do you always waste your good looks by wearing fugly clothes? I'd be so happy if I looked like you."

When Minji didn't reply, she exhaled deliberately. "This won't do. I'm coming over," she demanded. And with that, she hung up.

***

"Oh god, oh god, oh god," Minji muttered under her breath as she ran around her room, frantically searching for her 'Got It?' album. "I'm going to be so late!"

Minji emitted a loud, aggravated moan when she heard Jee Sun honk her car's horn outside for the fourth time. "I'm coming, gosh!" she seethed through gritted teeth despite being aware that Jee Sun wouldn't be able to hear her all the way from the outside of her house. She quickly glanced at the clock above her bed and bit her lower lip. 12:27. She shrieked for the fan signing event started at 1:30.

She was so close to giving up when her eyes settled upon the star-shaped white album lying on her desk. She cursed under breath before quickly snatching it and sprinting out the door, not even bothering to say goodbye to her parents.

She also didn't bother to double check if she had forgotten anything important, other than the album in her hand...

***

Thankfully, the two made it just in time. But due to Minji's lateness, they were stuck towards the back of the lengthy line, which wasn't really a surprise to either of them.

"You ready for this?" Jee Sun asked as she faced her friend, placing both of her hands on her shoulders.

Minji swallowed the lump in nervously. "Yeah, I think so."

Jee Sun smiled and squeezed her shoulders reassuringly. "Good. Now I'm going to back to the car now, okay? Have fun and no puking!"

She shot her friend a death glare as she watched her retreat back to the car, laughing. Once her friend was out of sight, Minji narrowed her eyes and admired the seven boys she adored so much. From what she could recall, they were in the exact order as in her dream, creeping her out just a bit. Jinyoung, Jackson, Jaebum, Youngjae, Mark, Yugyeom, then finally Bambam. She hoped that that was the only accurate part of her dream three weeks ago.

They were all sitting down, but she could still tell that they were pretty tall. Heart beating fast, she scanned them carefully one by one in admiration, her eyes lingering a bit longer on the eldest of the group, Mark. Her cheeks flushed just by the thought of standing directly in front of him as he would charmingly sign her CD. The sole thought of being that close to him made her squeal inside of her head.

But something felt really off. 'Did I forget something?'

She brushed the suspicion off and continued to admire Got7.

...

After around thirty minutes of waiting in line, Minji found herself just five people away. She took several deep breaths, determined not to face them as a nervous wreck. She wanted to come off outgoing and kind— she wanted to leave a long lasting impression on them, if possible. Her fingers fiddled with the ends of the black skirt that Jee Sun had forced to wear. She had to admit that it was slightly a better choice to wear than sweatpants.

As the line continued to dwindle, Minji could feel her heart beat faster and faster. She was so close to being next in line that she could just taste it! With each step should took closer to the boys, her excitement intensified greatly, as well as the the strange feeling that enveloped her.

"Next!"

Minji's eyes widened as she looked up and made eye contact with the smiling Jr. She gulped nervously but quickly shook off her nerves as she approached him gauchely. 'This is it! You got this, Minji!'

"Hey! What's your name?" Jr. asked kindly as she handed him her CD.

She cleared before speaking. "Minji. Nice to meet you! I'm a huge fan."

He beamed up at her after signing the CD. "That's good to hear. We really appreciate your support and everything. Hopefully you'll stick with us!"

"Of course I will!" she rejoiced as the two high fived. She then moved on to the next member, Jackson. 'So far so good! Everything is going by smoothly!'

"Yo!" Jackson greeted, signing her CD. "Mr. Wild and y Jackson at your service."

Minji couldn't help but giggle at his words. "It's nice to finally meet you! My name's Minji."

After signing her CD, Jackson smirked up at her. "Pretty name for a pretty girl. You got a boyfrie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter