Something's Wrong

I'm Dying!

Soohyun was sitting in front of the high chair trying to feed a very uncooperative Sooyoung. Flailing her arms every which way and shaking her head at the pieces of apple.

"Sooyoung please eat for mommy," she was on the brink of begging, being at this game for a good half hour.

"No!"

"Sooyoung, please baby."

"No!"

Soohyun wasn't going to insist again when she saw a small figure trudge into the kitchen.

"Daewoo your food is on the counter."

"Okay thanks mommy. Can I go and eat in the front room and watch tv?"

"Um sure baby, just be careful." Soohyun wasn't really watching, she was ready to finally fit a cube of apple into Sooyoung's mouth.

Daewoo glanced over to see Soohyun smiling feeding another piece of food successfully into the 1 year olds mouth. He made sure his dad wasnt about to come out from the hall before sliding the plate under the couch.

"Daewoo once you're done eating go and get dressed maybe we'll go to the park once daddy finishes."

"Okay mommy."

~*~

The park wasn't too busy for a Saturday afternoon. Soohyun watched as Daewoo skipped over to the play ground. She was making her way to the baby swings with Ilsoo trailing behind. Sooyoung smiled happily and giggled with each push.

"Ilsoo, have you noticed anything different with Daewoo?"

"No, he seems a little tired today, but everyone has those days."

"I think somethings wrong. He put his breakfast under the couch." Yes Soohyun saw Daewoos little act. She was a mom how could she not? She saw his little glances back and forth and how he ran to his room after he was "done". When he left she walked over and found the plate.

"Really? Maybe hes wasn't feeling well this morning. Look at him now, hes playing just fine."

"Hmm maybe you're right."

"Relax. He'll be eating again by lunch."

~*~

Daewoo didn't eat lunch. Instead he went to eat outside and buried it in some bushes.  Soohyun saw the whole thing again. This time she was ready to cry.

What if her baby was sick? Or depressed? What if he had an eating disorder? What did she do?

"Ilsoo! Ilsoo!" Her voice was panicky.

"What? Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"Its Daewoo. He didn't eat lunch."

"What?"

"He buried it in the bushes against the fence. Oh god, Ilsoo what if hes really sick or-"

"Calm down. This stress isn't good for you, just relax. When he comes in we can talk about it with him."

Soohyun could worry no further as Sooyoung started to call for her in the front room.

Ilsoo really did hope nothing was wrong. If Daewoo was sick Soohyun's world would just crumble.

"Well give him a few more minutes outside and then we'll talk. Just put Sooyoung down for a nap."

Soohyun nodded at the command and went to pick up the baby playing with a baby doll.

"Come on Sooyoung time for a nap." Luckily Sooyoung was tired and lifted her arms up for Soohyun to pick her up.

~*~

"Daewoo its time to come inside." Soohyun voice shaked a little.

"Okay, Im coming." Daewoo put down his toys picked up the empty plate and walked towards his mother standing in the door frame.

She watched as her son put the plate in the sink and moved towards his bedroom. Waiting till he was in there to call for Ilsoo from the couch.

 

She walked in and saw him playing with his race track. His face was gloomy but he was playing happily nonetheless.

"Daewoo baby, me and daddy have something to ask you."

The little boy gulped and looked up at his parents. He stopped and shuffled over towards the bed looking only at his feet. His head hung in shame as he hopped up on the bed. Daewoo knew very well what this was about.

Soohyun was about break down again seeing Daewoo so sad and guilty. "Baby, is there something wrong?" She walked over slowly and sat in front of the bed putting her hands on his shoulder.

Instead of yes or no, Daewoo began sniffling, trying to suppress an oncoming cry. "Im sorry mommy! I-I"

"I wont be mad I promise, its okay. Just tell me."

Daewoo hesitated before in a breathe, "I'm dying!"

Soohyun gasped, did he really just say that? He couldn't have, he was a healthy 5 yr old boy yesterday; how does he even know what that means?

"Daewoo this isnt funny. You need to tell the truth mister." Ilsoo voice was assertive and demanding. This wasn't a funny joke.

"But daddy it's true!"

"Daewoo-"

"Daewoo I can't help you if youre lying. Tell me what wrong." Soohyun cut in, she was still shocked and scared but there has to be a logical explanation for his conclusion.  

"Im falling apart! Mommy, I'm dying!"

"Daewoo please stop saying that. You're not dying, just tell me what's wrong."

Daewoo was in tears now,  "It hurts!  Its gonna fall out! Mommy its gonna fall out!"

Soohyun was in tears now too, "What hurts? Whats going to fall out!? Daewoo youre scaring me." Her voice cracked.

"M-m-my tooth! Mommy i'm dying, my teeth are falling out! I can't eat! Daddy i cant eat!"

Ilsoo snorted and walked out. He couldn't stay there and keep a straight face. If anything he'd probably scare Daewoo with his cackling.

"Is daddy mad? Tell him Im sorry-" he began wailing.

"Daewoo-" Soohyun sniffled and was trying to suppress a laugh too.

"Mommy Im sorry! I didnt mean to make the floor dirty!"

"Daewoo calm down." She got up to sit on the bed wrapping her arm around his shoulder for a hug.

"Are you mad?" His wailing had stopped into a sniffle.

"No." She couldn't help the smile that hit her lips. Looking at those doe eyes so sincere and serious at losing a tooth.

"Its not funny! Im dying!"

"Daewoo you're not dying,"

"Im not?"

"No baby, you're just losing a tooth."

"But but I can't eat-"

"Then I think its time for this tooth to come out."

"No!" Daewoo shrieked and went to hide under the covers.

"Daewoo come here baby, its not gonna hurt I promise."

"No!"

"Daewoo if you want to eat again I need to pull it."

"But what if all my other teeth fall out after?"

"Daewoo when you start to get older you're gonna start losing more teeth."

"All my teeth are gonna fall out?!" His voice started to get shaky again.

"Its nothing to be afraid of. All your teeth will come back. Its a part of you becoming a big boy."

"They're coming back?"

"Yes sweetheart. Now let me see your loose tooth."

Daewoo crawled out of the covers slowly and looked at his mom with scared eyes. His puppy eyes didn't seize while he crawled up on Soohyun's lap.

He opened his mouth and pointed to the tooth next to his incisor. It moved easily with the his breathing, it must only be hanging on by a few threads.

"Daewoo its not gonna hurt, so can I pull it?"

"Can I eat after?"

"Yes Ill even fix you ice cream."

"O-okay." His mouth opened while his face scrunched up preparing for the worse; eyes screwed shut.

It took one quick tug and it was out. Daewoo didn't even flinch.

"Daewoo you can open your eyes. Look at your tooth."

His eye cracked open and he closed his mouth. His tongue instinctively went to the open space to feel the strange gap. Luckily there was no bleeding to startle him further.

"See? That didn't hurt, did it?"

Daewoo shook his head and eyed the white sliver in Soohyun's palm.

"If you put this in a cup next to your bed, the tooth fairy will come."

"Tooth fairy?"

"A little fairy that will leave money for your tooth."

"Really?" His eyes lit up.

"Yes, now let go get a cup while I go get you ice cream."

"Can I hold my tooth?"

Soohyun looked over to see those wide eyes looking at her she smiled and held open her palm. He grabbed it and examined it further before darting to the kitchen yelling for his dad. "Daddy! Daddy! Look at my tooth! I'm not dying!"

 
A/N: Sorry for any grammatical errors. Did not look over, just posted it. This came out from the archives of my google docs account lol and no I am not that emotional irl her character just came out that way lol ew no im allergic to emotions tbh